The magnificent 7 rubs again: sponsored Taurus 7ke log

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    was 198 today and flexed + vacuumed the pouch at the bottom of my stomach was almost flat today!...
    Nice (I wish mine was "almost flat", GRRRR)!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

2. I'm definitely leaner now at 198 than I was last time I was 188, which is always nice. But now I'm at the point where I can't quite afford any gains, its now 4 months out from contest so I have to continue on fat loss
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm definitely leaner now at 198 than I was last time I was 188, which is always nice. But now I'm at the point where I can't quite afford any gains, its now 4 months out from contest so I have to continue on fat loss
    I know what you mean. I am 10.5 weeks out from my competition. The leaning has been a slow process, and more recomp than leaning going on, but the focus is now entirely on fat loss for a couple of weeks and definitely the last ~4 weeks pre-competition.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

4. Hey! We were on the other thread and I remembered I was going to post this awhile ago http://www.toroverdepr.com/Toro_Verde/Home.html, I don't know if it's any good but I hope to go soon and people say its a lot of fun. Just thought u might like to look at it since you vacation here.
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mrodz View Post
    Hey! We were on the other thread and I remembered I was going to post this awhile ago http://www.toroverdepr.com/Toro_Verde/Home.html, I don't know if it's any good but I hope to go soon and people say its a lot of fun. Just thought u might like to look at it since you vacation here.
    Oh wow, that looks cool as heck! My wife wouldn't do it, but my oldest daughter would. Thanks!
    •   

6. No Problemo If I go before u I'll give u a review lol
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

7. the weekend was extra bad nutritionally, woke up at 202 today but still looking good actually. I had noticed over the weekend that my calf veins are really starting to become more noticeable. chest today and decided to try something different, not necessarily my brightest choice

db press 70x10 90x6 100x3 and shoulder pain got me, tried 100 again and couldn't even get them into place right
    incline hammer machine 180x6 200x6 220x5x3
    fly machine 2nd half of rom 160x10x10x10
    tricep pushdowns 150x12 170x10 190x8x6 - pretty happy, never have gone over 180
    cable crossovers 50x8 40x10x10x10
    fly machine first half of rom 85x12x12x12 then 90 second stretch

Was pretty good, its a pity i'm not strength limited on the db presses, but joint pain limited. Not feeling too bad now at home, but a little sore.

8. 202 today, finally hit legs

hack squats 180x10x10x10
    seated calf raise 135x10x10x10
    seated leg curl 110x10x10x10
    decline crunches 20,10
    lying leg raises 10,8
    seated leg extensions 125x10x10x10

and done. None of those were really max effort or to failure, but was still a decent weight/rep range.

9. Good log Easy! What is your current dosing of 7-KE?

10. right now its 18 sprays after I shower. I try to shower immediately post workout but it often doesn't happen till later. Probably have just a week left i'd guess.

11. woke up at 203 today did shoulders

started with db cleans, they look like this. its more a rehab/prehab/warmup move

db cleans 15x10x10x10
    db press 50x12x12x12x10
    arnold press 25x10x6x4.. the two press movements in a row was a bit much
    behind back upright row 50x12x12x12
    lateral raises 70x12x12x12
    rear delt on pec/dec machine 75x12-90x12x12

and that was feeling good. Wasn't heavy weights, just went for exhaustion rather than muscle failure

12. Nice work man! How do you feel your leaning out is going with the 7KE?

13. It's going pretty well, especially considering how far off my diet has been. Primarily increased vascularity and definition along with what looks like (finally) some love handle shrinkage. Considering I've gained 4 lbs since Easter, that's pretty solid.

14. 202 today. its funny, I feel fat if i'm over 200... back this morning

deadlifts 185x10 235x10x10
    hammer machine pullovers 180x12 200x10x9
    face pulls 160x10x10x9
    hammer machine preacher curls 80x12x10x10
    cable reverse curls 40x15 50x15 60x14

I kind of wanted to go heavier on deadlifts, but don't really want to strain or injure myself on a friday

15. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    202 today. its funny, I feel fat if i'm over 200... back this morning
    I understand where you're coming from, Eric - I am the same way if I am over a certain body composition (and for some reason I KNOW as soon as I go over that point).

~Rosie~

16. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    It's going pretty well, especially considering how far off my diet has been. Primarily increased vascularity and definition along with what looks like (finally) some love handle shrinkage. Considering I've gained 4 lbs since Easter, that's pretty solid.
    that is pretty good, i know love handles are a real bitch to control as i get older. i am starting to see the same thing with the 7-ke-it didn't happen overnight and it's not extreme but any help is very welcome.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

17. well looks like today or tomorrow is last day for 7ke. Woke up at 198 today

db power cleans 25x6 15x10x10x10
    incline hammer press 140x10 190x10 230x6 190x6 140x7 done as drop sets
    fly machine 2nd half of rom 175x7 160x6 145x6 130x6 115x6 100x8 as drop sets
    decline hammer press 180x10 230x10 (250x6 230x6 200x6 180x6 as drop sets)
    cable crossover on moving arm machine setting10x9 setting 8x10x10x14
    triceps pushdown 190x10x9x7
    fly machine first half of rom 75x12x12x12 and 60 second stretch

was pretty solid, felt good!

18. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    202 today. its funny, I feel fat if i'm over 200... back this morning

deadlifts 185x10 235x10x10
    hammer machine pullovers 180x12 200x10x9
    face pulls 160x10x10x9
    hammer machine preacher curls 80x12x10x10
    cable reverse curls 40x15 50x15 60x14

I kind of wanted to go heavier on deadlifts, but don't really want to strain or injure myself on a friday
    I think we all have that mental spot where you feel fat or too small. If I go sub 180 no matter that it's fat dropping I feel tiny. If get up around 195 I feel fat even if I'm not. Mind games!

Love handles are my biggest problem right now. I'll take any help I can get in that area.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Love handles are my biggest problem right now. I'll take any help I can get in that area.
    If you're lean everywhere else, it's time to start nitpicking your nutrition, especially if your training is as good as it can be. Adjustments every week based on progress - with either nutrition and/or training, until you get to where you want.

~Rosie~

20. Oh yeah, I had meant to add that over the weekend (as a part of entering primordial performance's contest) I calipered myself a few times a few different ways, and everything came up between 11- 11.5 which I find hard to believe as I was thinking more like 13-14 from the mirror

21. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Oh yeah, I had meant to add that over the weekend (as a part of entering primordial performance's contest) I calipered myself a few times a few different ways, and everything came up between 11- 11.5 which I find hard to believe as I was thinking more like 13-14 from the mirror
    Interesting. Maybe you have more muscle mass and less fat than you think, Eric. How many skinfolds did you do?

22. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Interesting. Maybe you have more muscle mass and less fat than you think, Eric. How many skinfolds did you do?
    I did 3 sets of 3 sites and they all came out the same, then separately did just the suprailliac which also came out the same as far as percentage. A piece of it may be that the calipers are marked at 2mm increments so rounding errors could be there, but by chance they all came up right about on the markers. The 3 sites I used were the chest, abdominals + thigh, with the chest + abs being my most visible fat areas.

23. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I did 3 sets of 3 sites and they all came out the same, then separately did just the suprailliac which also came out the same as far as percentage. A piece of it may be that the calipers are marked at 2mm increments so rounding errors could be there, but by chance they all came up right about on the markers. The 3 sites I used were the chest, abdominals + thigh, with the chest + abs being my most visible fat areas.
    Considering that three skinfold sites is not really enough (6-8 skinfolds preferable) IMO to get close to a good guesstimate of what body composition one is, not to mention doing the measurements yourself, so these are both highly likely where your estimate of error is. That's not to say that it might not be close, though, and if this is the way you have been doing it until now, then it's still useful as a good indicator of your progress, Eric.

~Rosie~

24. Yeah, its hard self-calipering more sites than that, which is why I just use the 3. I could try getting my wife to help since my gym just uses the goofy impedence ones. But i'd be just as concerned with accuracy then too

25. Looks good in here man

26. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Yeah, its hard self-calipering more sites than that, which is why I just use the 3. I could try getting my wife to help since my gym just uses the goofy impedence ones. But i'd be just as concerned with accuracy then too
    I know what you mean, and I'd take most trainers at the gym who did one or anyone who uses BIA re body composition with even less salt than you doing it yourself, honestly. As long as you do it the same every time, it will indicate progress or not.

~Rosie~

27. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I know what you mean, and I'd take most trainers at the gym who did one or anyone who uses BIA re body composition with even less salt than you doing it yourself, honestly. As long as you do it the same every time, it will indicate progress or not.

~Rosie~
    That's the key to me right there. Accuracy isn't the biggest problem. Consistency is. If you're measuring with the same thing and in the same fashion you should be able to track progress and that's all that's really important.

28. Yeah, particularly as i'm entering the primordial "who can lose the most % of fat in 4 weeks" i'm hoping my measuring remains consistently wrong on the low side

29. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Yeah, particularly as i'm entering the primordial "who can lose the most % of fat in 4 weeks" i'm hoping my measuring remains consistently wrong on the low side
    LOL. Make me a good deal on those calipers? I could use a little mental pick me up this week!

30. Ok, heres an end of log picture

this is at 198-200. I can see that i've dropped a bit of chest fat, and gained a bit more vascularity. I may try and take another picture tomorrow, or use the flash as the lighting seems different enough to skew looking at the 2 pics.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 09:58 AM
  2. Malleus25 gets Taurus Juiced with Wyked & DA-HCG (sponsored)
    By malleus25 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 02:17 PM
  3. MidwestBeast's Taurus Nutrition Wyked & DA-HCG Log (Sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 05:29 PM
  4. Welcome Taurus Nutrition to AM!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 10:53 AM