BDCC's PES AnaBeta-01 Log
- 05-03-2011, 05:18 PM
- 05-04-2011, 12:07 PM
New programme started today. Something in the functional hypertrophy region to act as an intensification phase.
Here it is;
A1) 45 Degree Incline BB Bench Press 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 4-0-1-0 Rest: 90 seconds
A2) Shoulder Width Parallel Grip Pull Ups 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 4-0-1-0 Rest: 90 seconds
B1) 15 Degree Incline Pronated Dumbbell Flyes 4 x 6-8 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 60 seconds
B2) Dumbbell Row 4 x 6-8 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 30 seconds
Good workout all in all. It had been slightly too long since eating before I trained and felt a bit empty. I hoped caffeine would get me through the workout (which it did) but it is almost an hour after training and I feel sick from it. Mild caffeine overdose!PES Representative
- 05-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Morning weight this morning and yesterday was 84.5kg.
My triceps are a little sore from yesterday. I perform the incline barbell press with a biacromial grip so there is more involvement than there would be in a wider grip version.
Legs later on today.PES Representative
05-05-2011, 03:45 PM
New leg workout:
A1) Straight Leg Deadlift 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 4-0-1-0 Rest: 90 seconds
A2) Narrow Stance Heel Elevated Hack Squat Machine 5 x 6-8 Tempo: 4-0-1-0 Rest: 90seconds
B1) Narrow Stance 45 Degree Leg Press 3 x 8-10 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
B2) 45 Degree Leg Press Calf Raises 3 x AMRAP Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
B3) V-Squat Calf Raises 3 x 12-15 Tempo: 2-0-2-0 Rest: 120 seconds
I had to be conservative on the weights to ensure my lower back was feeling ok. It is 30 minutes after my workout and my hamstrings already feel a little sore. Should be a good sign for DOMS tomorrow as I only have this feeling if I do an exercise I haven't done in a very long time or use a different loading strategy.
05-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Saturday's arm workout:
A1) Fat Gripz Dips 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 4-0-1-0 Rest: 90 seconds
A2) 60 Degree Incline Dumbbell Curls 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 4-0-1-0 Rest: 90 seconds
B1) 10 Degree Decline Barbell Extensions to Forehead 3 x 8-10 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 60 seconds
B2) Standing Barbell Curls 3 x 8-10 Tempo 3-0-1-0 Rest: 60 seconds
The workout was good. I had strong vascularity in my arms even total volume being drastically reduced in this intensification phase and rest periods being extended.
I have included a slightly varied form of dips compared to my last routine. I would like to see how much I can increase the weight and if I feel the pump hinders my progress like I felt on the last programme.
05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Second chest and back session today.
In the first session all sets 10 sets on the A exercises fell in the given rep range so I increased the weight on both exercises.
Incline bench press went to 102.5kg and pulls ups with an additional 25kg. All pull ups were in the 4-6 rep range. My last set of incline presses fell slightly short at 3 reps so I will probably stick with this weight for my fourth workout (my next one is a deload on volume so can afford a small increase).
One of my friends said "**** me mate, you are putting the size on aren't you?" He trains in the same gym as me regularly so I take this as an educated compliment.
05-09-2011, 08:23 PM
05-09-2011, 08:26 PM
05-10-2011, 11:20 AM
I counted the tablets and have less than three days left. I was hoping it would be released so I could buy a bottle and continue my run with the addition of Erase prior to my holiday.
Off to the gym to train legs. Second session so reps will be kept the same, am going to bump the weight up on straight legged deadlifts as my back has been feeling much better.
05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Increased deadlift weight by 20% as my lower back has recovered from the short bout of stiffness.
The proximal insertion of my gastrocnemius was sore right up until last night and my hamstrings were sore up until Sunday so it took me almost the entire 5 days for all DOMS to subside.
My weight has been constantly fluctuating. I have had a cold for the last week and my appetite has been quite seriously suppressed for at least two of those days. Last weight measurement was at 84kg which surprised me, I thought it would have dropped more.
It seems like AnaBeta absolutely loves carbs. I haven't been hitting them as hard as my cravings and ferocious appetite have subsided slightly and my weight hasn't hit the original peak of 85kg.
I am going to increase carbs for the last couple of days and see what happens.
05-10-2011, 08:16 PM
05-11-2011, 05:03 AM
05-11-2011, 08:59 AM
05-11-2011, 10:16 AM
05-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Day off from training today, increasing my carb: protein ratio to see if there are any further fluctuations in weight.
So far I have had;
- BRP + Maltodextrin (ran out of WMS so seeing how I get on with plain, cheap maltodextrin as it used to spike my blood sugar very badly- seemed ok this morning).
- Fillet steak for breakfast.
- Buffalo meatballs (gluten free) with brown rice and homemade italian tomato and onion sauce.
Carbs to increase as the day goes on. I only have higher carb days on non traning days otherwise my neurotransmitter balance is very poor and I spend the whole day feeling like I could go back to bed.
05-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Today is my last full day on AnaBeta. I will have three capsules left for tomorrow.
I will post my final review soon.
Going to train arms soon. Going to bump the Thick Handled (Fat Gripz) Dips up to bodyweight + 90lbs for sets of 4-6.
05-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Arms session went well. Completed all 30 reps (5 x 6) on Dips + 40kg (90lbs) external loading at a bodyweight of 85kg.
I didn't think I would get out all 30, next session is a deload so depending on how the first set goes on 50kg I may ladder up towards 60kg external weight.
Measured my flexed right arm this morning (before I trained) and have added almost half an inch since the beginning. Photos will be posted in the final review later or tomorrow morning.
05-12-2011, 05:08 PM
FINAL REVIEW. REVIEW WITH PICTURES CAN BE FOUND ON THE SECOND POST OF THIS THREAD.
This is my last full day on AnaBeta so here is my final review. I have four capsules left, one for tonight and three for tomorrow.
Starting weight: 83kg
Finishing weight: 85kg
Weight Increase 2kg/4.4lbs
Total run- 37 days.
-My weight peaked yesterday at 86kg which is very high for me, not a weight I ever fluctuate to normally. My final weight this morning was 85kg so it is only right I record my final weight. All weights were recorded in the morning after going to the toilet and before I consumed anything, solid or liquid.
- My flexed arm measurement increased between .3" and .4". Both measurements were taken in the morning, before training or any physical exertion and without any form of additional supplementation like NO products.
- My flexed arm measurement is at it's highest ever
- My weight is higher than it ever is at this level of body fat. AnaBeta has pushed me into new territories regarding weight and arm measurements.
- My flexed arm measurement after training went up to 17.25" which is also the highest it has ever been as well as being a bigger difference between post training and pre training measurements.
- The appetite increase was absolutely ferocious at the beginning. Within a week or so I was seriously contemplating dropping the dosage because it was hard to handle. I could eat a breakfast of steak and eggs and feel hungry within an hour. The appetite increase started slowing down towards the end of the run. They were so severe that if I waited an hour and a half after eating before I trained I often felt like my stomach was empty until the point of nausea, even if I had filled the 90 minutes carb with a waxy maize starch and brown rice protein shake 30 minutes prior to training.
- It felt like I was craving carbs. I would finish my normal meat based meals and have to keep eating. I used things like dark chocolate covered rice cakes as post meal snacks for when I was still hungry.
- I felt that it had strong nutrient partitioning effects. Either glucose disposal or insulin regulation. I bumped my post workout shake to 150g of carbohydrates from a 50:50 blend of dextrose and maltodextrin and felt no adverse effects on blood sugar beyond what is normal post training for me.
- I was not on a low carb routine prior to going on AnaBeta. I had no weight rebound the morning following higher carb days so the weight gained was not simply a rebound of glycogen storage. I tested this on multiple occasions and didn't find any acute weight gain. I did however find that my weight increased more consistently when carbs were high and when I slipped back into a lower carb routine my weight started declining.
- I think I could have put more weight on if it wasn't a psychological barrier. I am a very clean eater and found it hard psychologically to want to eat again an hour after a meal. I am confident that if someone was using this who was happy to eat consistently and as much as they craved they would have much more dramatic increases in weight.
- Vascularity during training was more pronounced.
- I felt slightly fuller in general at all times. Not very noticeable but something was there.
I enjoyed my run of this very much. I used to stay around 84kg consistently and would almost never fluctuate in weight at all, even after carb ups. When I went to 85kg it seemed out of the ordinary, I was very pleased with this as it was a 2kg increase very early on. When I peaked at 86kg yesterday I knew it was undeniably to do with AnaBeta. It is possible that when I weigh myself tomorrow that I would be at 86kg again but it is only fair to do the review as objectively as possible so took my morning weight at the time of writing this.
I can conservatively take a .3" increase on my arm measurement and a 2kg increase in weight. I look slightly sharper which would indicate a slight drop in bodyfat with a higher net gain of lean body mass than the weight recorded. To most people this would not sound groundbreaking but to a natural athlete who eats clean and keeps their bodyfat low (no dirty bulking excuse for junk food here) it is far from it. I never get this much of a fluctuation and 4lbs~ in 5 weeks would work out to be 40lbs~ increase per year assuming a linear growth pattern, not a percentage growth pattern. Keeping at the same bodyfat I can safely say this is something I would be happy to take using my current condition as a starting point.
Would I recommend it? Yes.
Would I buy it out of my own money? Yes.
That is it. No hype, no frills, nothing other than facts.
05-12-2011, 07:25 PM
05-13-2011, 06:49 AM
05-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Damn, that is some solid pec seperation... all the way up to your damn chin. And the peak change in your bicep is outstanding.
Thanks for running it and detailing your journey. Now you know you are going to be plastered in our testimonials right?
The Historic PES Legend
05-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Yea, I spoke to Josh and he said that for every testimonial he used me in he would send me $100 and a free bottle of AnaBeta.
P.S., that was a joke for anyone who might think some underhand tactics have occurred in this log lol.
05-15-2011, 09:41 PM
05-16-2011, 08:30 AM
05-18-2011, 06:56 AM
I have had a couple of questions regarding the AnaBeta so thought I would post my thoughts a few days after finishing.
My weight has been between 84.5kg and 85kg since finishing. It fluctuates between the two.
The feeling of vascularity while on AnaBeta feels more pronounced when I am off it. I felt like I was fuller while taking it but since stopping it I have realised how much of a difference it made. Even though I only stopped taking it a few days ago and my scale weight has not been dropping since then I feel smaller and less vascular. The veins in my arms are not as pronounced, despite no increase in body fat. I have even taken my flexed arm measurement again as my arms don't appear to look as big or as hard.
The measurement was exactly the same at 17" exactly which is good news, nobody wants to lose size when finishing a supplement.
As the benefits of it seemed to accumulate gradually (except the appetite increase which to me hit me very quickly and ferociously) it increased much more subtly than the way it has decreased. Stopping it has made me realise how much of a difference it made.
I said I would buy some with my own money. After the last few days it has confirmed this even more for me. I miss the feeling I had while I was on it.
05-18-2011, 09:38 AM
05-18-2011, 11:15 AM
05-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Everything I experienced is in the log somewhere. I will give cliff notes to the lazy people who don't want to read the whole thing!
- The appetite increase was phenomenal. It was a plus because I could eat a lot more but I can't describe how savagely it hit me. From briefly looking at a couple of other logs I know people had big appetite increases but I am not aware of anyone else wondering about dropping the dose. For the first couple of weeks I really struggled at times because I am only used to eating every 3 hours. Sometimes I would eat and feel ravenous an hour and a half later and I wouldn't have planned it so had nothing on me to consume and curb the urge. I felt so hungry at times I felt sick so it was a double edged sword. If you take AnaBeta and get it as much as me it is imperative that you plan ahead. I went out for 2 hours, ate just before I left and knew I was going to eat as soon as I got back but took a protein shake and some 'healthy' gluten free fruit and nut bars just in case. It was extreme to the point if I ate an hour and a half before going to the gym (fairly standard for me, I don't like eating within an hour and don't like leaving it longer than 90 minutes) I felt very hungry while in the gym and by the time I finished I would start feeling a little bit sick with hunger. Fantastic for those bulking, just do yourself a favour and be prepared.
- Someone asked if I got spots. I am not a great judge of this because I epilate my torso so often have spots on my chest and back. They seemed to linger a bit longer but not enough for me to say this was a definite side effect. If it was a side effect I wouldn't be surprised but I wouldn't bet money on it.
That was it. The acne on my back wasn't enough for me to definitely contribute it to AnaBeta and the hunger is a desired effect, it was just very strong for me. For the record I started straight away at 1 capsule QID and continued it throughout the run. In future I might start at 2 or 3 caps and taper up and see if it gives me the positive benefits without such extreme increases in hunger.
05-27-2011, 09:50 PM
05-28-2011, 12:27 AM
The thing with AnaBeta-01, and this is becoming more apparent the longer I run it, is that it truly is an Anabolic. I mean I look so freaking full, and wider in the shoulders it's crazy an all natural supplement can do this. There is a definitive and marked increase in LBM.
Similar Forum Threads
- By nattydisaster in forum SupplementsReplies: 637Last Post: 01-24-2012, 05:41 AM
- By bdcc in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 97Last Post: 07-19-2011, 12:43 PM
- By TorqueGTR04 in forum PESReplies: 114Last Post: 06-20-2011, 02:32 PM
- By nattydisaster in forum Company PromotionsReplies: 209Last Post: 05-29-2011, 12:55 PM
- By Machmood in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 05-27-2011, 11:32 AM