BDCC's PES AnaBeta-01 Log

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Interesting feedback, thank you. I have always been someone who ate clean and even cheat meals were planned refeeds rather than pizzas etc. I haven't had a pizza or fast food takeaway in maybe 4 years.

    Did you find there was anything which your body craved more? Some people have said they crave carbs when others said their sugar cravings went down dramatically.

    I don't think I could fill myself up on a lower carb diet with this. I feel hungry within an hour or so of eating and hungry to the point of feeling sick within two.
    No worries, bud

    Not proud to admit it, but I've never been a clean eater, LOL - I still deal very much with eating far too much than I should, never have had to worry about it when I was younger, and easily consuming in excess of 10,000 calories a day when I was cycling. In saying that, I am a true carb addict, and my body craves them - give me fruit and I'll want to eat the supermarket, LOL. Seriously, I was eating whatever was in the cupboards and fridge, anything and everything, whether I particularly cared for it or not (mostly not, but it was there and I was hungry).

    I could never do a low carbohydrate diet for much longer than 5-7 days, honestly. Only recently though, I have started to manipulate my carbohydrate type (not having - or not often - the carbohydrate sources that I know upsets my body) and consumption timing (around training) more effectively for optimal results and appetite control. I'm still very much a work in progress when it comes to discipline re my nutrition, but I'm getting there, especially since my health very much requires the change and no more abuse of my body.

    ~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    You may want to lower to 3 caps if it is that potent on you. Just keep an eye on it
    I am going to up my carbs a lot today. I have some gluten and dairy free coconut and dark chocolate macaroons which would be 1200 calories for the pack and 150g of sugar. I also have some dark chocolate (dairy free) rice cakes and some fruit and nut bars. I will load up and see if it curbs the cravings. At the moment they are ridiculous but I like upping the carbs as much as possible until I see my body fat increasing so this will allow me to do so and see how I get on. If it gets worse or intolerable I will try 2 post workout with an even higher carb shake and one capsule twice for the rest of the day. If that fails then cut down to three. This is crazily potent, I have literally never felt so hungry and I am less than 36 hours in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries, bud

    Not proud to admit it, but I've never been a clean eater, LOL - I still deal very much with eating far too much than I should, never have had to worry about it when I was younger, and easily consuming in excess of 10,000 calories a day when I was cycling. In saying that, I am a true carb addict, and my body craves them - give me fruit and I'll want to eat the supermarket, LOL. Seriously, I was eating whatever was in the cupboards and fridge, anything and everything, whether I particularly cared for it or not (mostly not, but it was there and I was hungry).

    I could never do a low carbohydrate diet for much longer than 5-7 days, honestly. Only recently though, I have started to manipulate my carbohydrate type (not having - or not often - the carbohydrate sources that I know upsets my body) and consumption timing (around training) more effectively for optimal results and appetite control. I'm still very much a work in progress when it comes to discipline re my nutrition, but I'm getting there, especially since my health very much requires the change and no more abuse of my body.

    ~Rosie~
    That is why I go lower carb. If I consume grains I start feeling inflamed, I get bloated, joints start aching and injuries start popping up. Ironically I get on better with sugar as a carb source than any of the 'healthy' sources like whole wheat and oats.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    That is why I go lower carb. If I consume grains I start feeling inflamed, I get bloated, joints start aching and injuries start popping up. Ironically I get on better with sugar as a carb source than any of the 'healthy' sources like whole wheat and oats.
    Nothing wrong with sugar from fruit - I love fruit! I've primarily been getting my complex carbohydrates from basmati rice - a 10 pound bag doesn't last very long when you have a cup several times a day, LOL.

    ~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

  4. It is quite a weird feeling, I have polished off a normal sized plate of homemade beef chili (tomato passata, herbs etc) and knew I would want something afterwards. I am just over half way through my pack of macaroons so an extra 600 calories more than I would usually consume and I have that slight nauseous feeling when you go too far on a carb up but my stomach doesn't feel full.

    My mind says "you know you have had enough" but my stomach feels like it hasn't even ingested anything.

    I am going to a friends house for about 3 hours as soon as I finish food. Usually I would wait to eat when I get back but I am going to take a hefty BRP + WMS shake with some high carb snacks and then have homemade chicken curry (chicken, coconut milk and authentic Thai curry paste) waiting for me as soon as I get back.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  5. Day three today was a day off from training.

    - Appetite was increased but nowhere near as fierce as it has been after training sessions. I have been on a lower carb day and managed it fairly well without much in the way of cravings
    - Dry mouth is not noticeable today
    - No noticeable urination increase
    - No other side effects

    Arms tomorrow. Carbs on hand in case I feel as ravenous as I did yesterday.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  6. Awesome. Looking forward to tomorrow!
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  7. Yo that's crazy that you eat lots of sugars and gain no fat. But gain fat or get bloated from whole grains huh? What's a typical daily diet look like for you buddy?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Yo that's crazy that you eat lots of sugars and gain no fat. But gain fat or get bloated from whole grains huh? What's a typical daily diet look like for you buddy?
    Just sayin', fruit and sugars aren't what cause fat gain, LOL - eating beyond energy needs and/or lean mass gain caloric requirements does - and bloating can be caused by anything an individual is sensitive or intolerant to.
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Just sayin', fruit and sugars aren't what cause fat gain, LOL - eating beyond energy needs and/or lean mass gain caloric requirements does - and bloating can be caused by anything an individual is sensitive or intolerant to.
    So you're saying if I swapped out my Oats, Brown rice and WW bread & pastas for sugars instead I wouldn't gain fat?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    So you're saying if I swapped out my Oats, Brown rice and WW bread & pastas for sugars instead I wouldn't gain fat?
    Not saying that at all - although, if you were eating under Maintenance doing that, then it's unlikely you would gain anything. No individual is alike, and just as with training, everyone has to find the "best" and most optimal nutritional method for them, their body, goals and needs.

    ~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Not saying that at all - although, if you were eating under Maintenance doing that, then it's unlikely you would gain anything. No individual is alike, and just as with training, everyone has to find the "best" and most optimal nutritional method for them, their body, goals and needs.

    ~Rosie~
    Ok, gotcha

  12. lol, this is like reading my own thoughts/experiences.


  13. Quote Originally Posted by BarbellBeast View Post
    Yo that's crazy that you eat lots of sugars and gain no fat. But gain fat or get bloated from whole grains huh? What's a typical daily diet look like for you buddy?
    I maybe phrased that badly so will summarise my ethos on it to clear things up.

    - For me, I must be lean to deserve high carb treats
    - I went low carb and had one refeed (not cheat) meal once every five days until I was sub 10% body fat
    - I digest gluten badly, although a functional medicine test did not identify any allergy to gliadin I get gastrointestinal upset (although mild in some cases) with almost any grain. Gluten free are my only options, rice, quinoa, buckwheat, potatoes are my main starch sources.
    - When I cheat, I tend to do it with sugary foods rather than starchy foods because I react badly when I eat junk. There are very few gluten and dairy free cheat meals available so what I class as a 'cheat' is a refeed by most people's standards.
    - Examples of refeed foods for me are; coconut macaroons, buckwheat pancakes, brown rice and sweet potatoes.

    I am definitely someone who has adapted and functions best on low carbs, if I have a small portion of brown rice with my meat for breakfast I spend all day with fluctuating blood sugar and feel the need to take a nap within a couple of hours. This is why I try and take in these foods after training only. If I had chicken and brown rice for breakfast rather than steak and nuts I have the training drive of someone who has just taken a mild herbal sleep aid lol.

    It isn't that I would get fat necessarily if I eat grains, I mean bloated as in GI bloating rather than a 'bloated' look.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  14. Today was the first arm workout of the new routine. Here it is;

    A1) Reverse EZ Scott Curls 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
    A2) EZ Scott Curls 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
    A3) Scott Zottman Curls 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
    A4) Seated Hammer Curls 3-0-1-0 120 seconds
    All exercises are 8-12 reps

    B1) 45 Degree Incline DB Tricep Extensions 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
    B2) Flat Bench DB Tricep Extensions 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
    B3) Flat Bench Narrow Grip EZ Extensions 3-0-1-0 10 seconds
    B4) Seated Narrow Grip Overhead EZ Extensions 3-0-1-0 120 seconds
    All exercises are 8-12 reps.

    Workout was hard, a fierce pump in the arms which is to be expected. The weights are extremely light compared to what I am used to doing which is why I chose a routine like this, as an acculumation phase following an intensification phase.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Workout was hard, a fierce pump in the arms which is to be expected. The weights are extremely light compared to what I am used to doing which is why I chose a routine like this, as an acculumation phase following an intensification phase.
    Even using lighter (or what you might consider "light") weights, one can still complete an intense session if they know how! Looks like you did just that

    ~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

  16. The weights used on the third time through the giant set were ridiculously light. I am absolutely not used to this system of training at all so it took me to school.

    Usually my tri-sets are much higher intensity with only one exercise being in a 12 rep range.

    Today is an off day today. Here is my summary so far.

    - Appetite increase is undeniable. The time it takes from eating to feeling hungry again is definitely less than it is usually. Rather than going 2.5 hours and wondering what I am going to eat there have been occasions where I am ravenous by the 2 hour mark.
    - Urination was crazy on one day only. Since then I don't think I go more than normal.
    - Hunger after the gym especially has gone up, even though I have bumped the carbohydrate portion of my post workout shake up to 150g (almost 2g/kg bodyweight)
    - Carbohydrate cravings have gone up

    I don't feel like I am making the most of this yet. I am not used to wanting to eat so much so need to cook large meals in advance and have something I can warm up when I am hungry rather than cooking when I start to feel hungry because that half an hour waiting for something to cook sometimes feels like hours because I am so hungry.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  17. Today was the second session of chest and back. It was hard as I was very sore in both brachialis muscles to the point that chin ups were quite painful just to perform.

    Strength improvements were in all chest exercises and in all back exercises however there was a sharper drop off curve on both bodyweight exercises (chest dips and narrow parallel grip pull ups).

    Appetite has stayed high. Not painfully high like it was on the first couple of days but definitely higher than normal. I have bought some high carb snacks to make sure I have some on hand as well as 5kg of BRP and WMS arriving tomorrow so I have carb/protein shakes to take with me when I go out to keep my appetite satisfied when no food is available and to tame what can be, fairly severe cravings.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Even using lighter (or what you might consider "light") weights, one can still complete an intense session if they know how! Looks like you did just that

    ~Rosie~
    I am gutted you quoted me on something when I had a spelling mistake in there so I couldn't go back and edit it without people noticing lol.

    "Accumulation"
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  19. Today is my 7th day on AnaBeta-01. Here is my summary so far.
    - Weight is 82kg. -1kg from starting weight (standard fluctuation for me). Weighed myself first thing in the morning between the toilet and breakfast as I did before.
    - Arm measurement is the same which is expected
    - Most noticeable effect has been a huge increase in appetite. I can't work out when it peaks as sometimes it is much more obvious than others. Breakfast appears to be one of the times it is harder to get full. After training has been constant eating on occasion but not on others. I wonder if my copious stimulant intake prior to training blunts this more than it would with other people.
    - No noticeable increase in mood which has been reported with other people's logs
    - No noticeable thermogenic effects which aren't there for me otherwise (I feel warm on higher carb meals and sweat profusely during training when I take stimulants as I am now)
    - In terms of body composition I think I am going to put a photo in around the half way mark as I am confident I am already looking slightly sharper even after the first week. My girlfriend was spending the week in another city and said I was looking wider when she saw me compared to last week.

    I am waiting for the mechanic to tell me when my car is done and then I will go straight to the gym for legs before going to a friends for a barbecue later to get a firm bump on my caloric intake for the day while socialising (no alcohol involved as it is a requirement for this log and I don't tend to drink more than about 3 times per year anyway).
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  20. Due to an error on the mechanic's behalf my car wasn't ready and I did my legs session yesterday instead (one of the reasons I train 3 out of 5 days, it gives me versatility to move one of the sessions if something unforeseen arises).

    The leg session was extremely hard, I had to lie down on two occasions between my giant sets because the pump in my lower back was so extreme. I don't know how much the AnaBeta-01 contributes to this but I can see it is the most painful lower back pump I have ever experienced including doing 6-12-25 routines on the posterior chain.

    My workout capacity was better, I managed to get all 12 sets of the A exercises within the given rep range.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Due to an error on the mechanic's behalf my car wasn't ready and I did my legs session yesterday instead (one of the reasons I train 3 out of 5 days, it gives me versatility to move one of the sessions if something unforeseen arises).

    The leg session was extremely hard, I had to lie down on two occasions between my giant sets because the pump in my lower back was so extreme. I don't know how much the AnaBeta-01 contributes to this but I can see it is the most painful lower back pump I have ever experienced including doing 6-12-25 routines on the posterior chain.

    My workout capacity was better, I managed to get all 12 sets of the A exercises within the given rep range.
    I'm thinking there is some correlation as I had the same issue with my oly lifts. (back pumps)


  22. Arms session today. The pump was very extreme. After my first giant set on my biceps I found it quite hard to flex my arm just to take a drink.

    Improvement across the board except with the zottman curls, I found the pump very intense in my brachialis which crippled my performance on the exercise quite a lot. It is possible to attribute this to the AnaBeta-01 because it is extremely rare I won't improve on every exercise in the gym, especially the second session into the new programme with all variables kept the same. I haven't done this programme without the AnaBeta-01 so although it is possible, I could not say for definite that this is causing the crippling pumps. I think it is more than likely to be a factor.

    Looking good while training though. A couple of my friends who I train in the same gym as have given me compliments about looking pumped during and after training. I believe I already look better in the mirror hence me proposing to take a photo half way through this bottle rather than wait to the end as I would be curious to see if anyone else notices a difference.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Arms session today. The pump was very extreme. After my first giant set on my biceps I found it quite hard to flex my arm just to take a drink.

    Improvement across the board except with the zottman curls, I found the pump very intense in my brachialis which crippled my performance on the exercise quite a lot. It is possible to attribute this to the AnaBeta-01 because it is extremely rare I won't improve on every exercise in the gym, especially the second session into the new programme with all variables kept the same. I haven't done this programme without the AnaBeta-01 so although it is possible, I could not say for definite that this is causing the crippling pumps. I think it is more than likely to be a factor.

    Looking good while training though. A couple of my friends who I train in the same gym as have given me compliments about looking pumped during and after training. I believe I already look better in the mirror hence me proposing to take a photo half way through this bottle rather than wait to the end as I would be curious to see if anyone else notices a difference.
    Hate those forearm pumps

    Awesome to see that training is going well!

    Progress now would be interesting to see - I definitely believe that you will be able to see it, and again once you have finished AnaBeta-01.

    ~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I'm thinking there is some correlation as I had the same issue with my oly lifts. (back pumps)
    I have stopped reading the other logs except popping into yours on occasion. My back pumps are so extreme I assume it is down to the AnaBeta-01 because I have done routines which were much more lower back dominant and didn't have anywhere near the same problem.

    6 Leg Curls, 12 Cable Pull Throughs, 25 Log Romanian Deadlifts, three times through with two minutes rest at the end of each tri-set. Nothing compared to what it was yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Hate those forearm pumps

    Awesome to see that training is going well!

    Progress now would be interesting to see - I definitely believe that you will be able to see it, and again once you have finished AnaBeta-01.

    ~Rosie~
    Strength wise or aesthetics? If people are curious I can post photos up. This log is obviously for the reviews and for other people's benefit more than mine so I am happy to obey reasonable requests.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Strength wise or aesthetics? If people are curious I can post photos up. This log is obviously for the reviews and for other people's benefit more than mine so I am happy to obey reasonable requests.
    Photos will only show aesthetic changes. Re strength, if you want, you can make a week-by-week comparison table for the important lifts to show this progress.

    ~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ATTN: Users of PES AnaBeta and those interested in AnaBeta
    By nattydisaster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 637
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 06:41 AM
  2. BDCC's Titanium and Erase Log
    By bdcc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 01:43 PM
  3. AnaBeta
    By TorqueGTR04 in forum PES
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 03:32 PM
  4. PES-AnaBeta-01 Needs a Name!
    By nattydisaster in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 01:55 PM
  5. What is anabeta
    By Machmood in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Log in
Log in