Assistance please!!

Jfletcherp

Awards
I have trouble gaining weight.
I follow the Paleo diet.
I would like to start a ph stack, but I'm not quite sure on what I should take.
My current weight is 175, my goal is 190.
Any suggestions?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Start a log in the exercise or diet section where you list your workout routine and your daily diet and ask for feedback. The issue is more than likely in your diet and there isn't a need for a PH yet.

Jfletcherp

Awards
Im eating like a horse!
Bowl of healty cerial for breakfast, bowl of oatmeal for late breakfast, lean meat for lunch, healthy sandwhich at lunch, lean meat for dinner, and cup of almonds before i fall asleep.
2 protein shakes with 2 scoops in each per day, creatine mixed in the shakes.
Thank you guys for the advice!

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't sound like a heck of a lot of calories, depending on your portions. I have a very similar diet to yours but started adding brown rice flour or oat flour to my shakes, even crushed frosted mini-wheats (props to Mr. Kleen on that one) and use almond milk for them or add in some almond meal(cheap at Trader Joe's). The weight came quickly. Was as low as 167 this year and have hit 190 as of today.

I did PH cycles but like Easy said, had trouble keeping my gains. Once I got my diet right, the cycles were better. Need to figure that out first though.

Jfletcherp

Awards
i would eat more calories, but I am naturally very ripped and dont want to lose my figure. Did you have any problems with that when you increased your calorie intake?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you only raise your calories a reasonable amount its not a problem

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
No. I simply wasn't getting enough good fats and good carbs. I was shredded but not getting stronger or bigger. Slightly increasing calories and making a larger portion the healthy fats/carbs made the difference.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Im eating like a horse!
Bowl of healty cerial for breakfast, bowl of oatmeal for late breakfast, lean meat for lunch, healthy sandwhich at lunch, lean meat for dinner, and cup of almonds before i fall asleep.
2 protein shakes with 2 scoops in each per day, creatine mixed in the shakes.
Thank you guys for the advice!
I have to agree with the others. If this is eating like a horse, I'm not sure what that makes me lol. Maybe if you give a more detailed list of what an average day looks like diet-wise, we can help point where you can add in more calories.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I have trouble gaining weight.
I follow the Paleo diet.
I would like to start a ph stack, but I'm not quite sure on what I should take.
My current weight is 175, my goal is 190.
Any suggestions?
Here's my rough daily intake...

meal 1: 3 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, bowl of oats, glass of milk
Meal 2: Chicken breast, cup of brocolli, apple
Meal 3: Lean steak, veg, potato or rice, banana
Meal 4: Almonds, yogurt
Meal 5: 1 scoop of whey, oats, milk
Meal 6: post workout shake with 2 scoops of why iso
Meal 7: Chicken or lean meat, brown rice, veg
Meal 8: scoop of casein, scoop of whey, 2 tbs pb, milk

That's my maintenance. You're not eating enough. If you're too worried about getting fat you'll never gain weight. You will add some fat when adding size. If you're a guy who has trouble putting on weight you won't have trouble losing the fat.

Jfletcherp

Awards
Okay I will try eating more and higher calorie intake for 6-8 weeks or so and let you guys know how it goes!
Thanks everyone for their input!