Triangle Stack by AMS (sponsored)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all, i would like to say thank you to AMS for allowing me to log this stack!!!!!

Background of Myself Born in Philly. Moved to Houston, TX. Been training for about 6 years (3 years dedicated). Started during football in highschool then my freshman year of college at A&M, Texaslifter89 and I started to get very serious with it and dedicated and its been that way ever since. I am natural, although i have taken PH and dbol in the past when i did not know jack squat about anything and listened to the owner of my local supplement shop....have not taken any PH or steroid in the past 3 years. I am currently in Nursing School and plan to go to graduate school to be a Nurse Practitioner.

Supplements I am always on some form of protein. If i am bulking, I will take ISO MASS. If i am cutting or recomp, I will take just play ol' whey protein. I am currently on CEE and Black Cats because I am cutting, but once the triangle stack arrives, i will cease taking Black Cats, but continue CEE. I also take a multi everyday as well as fish oil.

Nutrition My diet is pretty much the same everyday, except for when i screw up a day, then it changes. My diet consists of lots of chicken, egg whites, red meat, fish (salmon), sweet potatoes, oat meal, pasta (whole grain), P&J, Veggies, Spinach (i dont eat salad), sometimes shrimp, almonds and walnuts, yogurt, and various fruits. I also drink a gallon of water/day.

Training My style of training, to some people, is very unique...but if u look at what i do, it makes sense. you vets out there wont think its weird. speakin to newbs here. basically, i divide my training into three weeks as far as the rep ranges go. week one is low reps, week two is moderate reps and week three is high reps. my exercises change every week. i do not do the same exercise as i did the week before (on some things i do, but its not the same routine). i do this for muscle confusion.
I also do some form of cardio. once May comes around, my cardio will be increasing. I box, jump rope, and sprint. I warm up on the bike pre workout to get blood pumping. Also, please remember this when following my log
, i go for the bodybuilding LOOK, not strongman or a powerlifter...so i focus on different things. For example, Chest day, i focus mainly on upper chest.

Example of my Monday workout for week 1

(my heavy week)

Incline BB - 4 sets reps 3 to 6

Flat BB - 4 sets reps 3 to 6

Incline Hammer Strength - 2 sets reps 6 to 8

Flat DB flys - 2 sets reps 6 to 8

If you would like any info that i do not provide as I am logging this just say so. My first log will be once the package has arrived. I will also provide a link to this log on www.collegeswole.com thanks for following! :wave2:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed of course.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the ride!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i start on Thursday!!!

Shipping was pretty quick. thanks again advanced muscle science!

Workout tomorrow i will be doing legs. i will be doing my mid rep ranges (if i are confused, see my first post). i will be doing squats, deads, leg press, hammy curls, calve raises. i will also be doing sprints as my form of cardio (or jump roping). i will give my first update tomorrow.

Question: do u guys want to see diet as well? and how specific do you want my workout log to be.

I will only log on workout days because this is a pre workout.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thursday, 4/7 Leg Day

Dosage
Hypertrop X - 4 caps 30 min pre workout
Pump Fixx - 1 scoop 20 min pre workout
Body Mortar - 1 scoop 5 min pre workout - 10 min into workout

Workout

Barbell Squat - 4 sets 12,10,8,6

Barbell Deadlift - 4 sets 12,10,8,6

Front Squat - 3 sets 12,10,8

Hammy Curl - 2 sets 12, 10

Calve Raises - 1 set burn

Cardio
about 10 min of boxing and about 5 min of jump rope

Thoughts of Stack

Taste pretty good actually. Alot better than most pre workouts/intra workouts i have taken before. 9/10

Pump i really didnt have a pump because it was leg day. although it was more of a pump than normal, but nothing huge. NA (will do tomorrow which is arm day)

Focus Focus was pretty good. nothing too intense, but very noticeable. Although i dont think this stack is made for focus. 6/10

Energy Throughout the Workout
This is where it gets good. my energy was through the roof. i compare it to RPM and jack3d. i have been home for about one hour and still have not crashed. 10/10

one thing i would like to add. i was sweating more than i normally do at the gym today....not sure if thats a side effect from the stims or something..just throwing that out there!

sandjunky

sandjunky

Awards
Thursday, 4/7 Leg Day

Dosage
Hypertrop X - 4 caps 30 min pre workout
Pump Fixx - 1 scoop 20 min pre workout
Body Mortar - 1 scoop 5 min pre workout - 10 min into workout

Workout

Barbell Squat - 4 sets 12,10,8,6

Barbell Deadlift - 4 sets 12,10,8,6

Front Squat - 3 sets 12,10,8

Hammy Curl - 2 sets 12, 10

Calve Raises - 1 set burn

Cardio
about 10 min of boxing and about 5 min of jump rope

Thoughts of Stack

Taste pretty good actually. Alot better than most pre workouts/intra workouts i have taken before. 9/10

Pump i really didnt have a pump because it was leg day. although it was more of a pump than normal, but nothing huge. NA (will do tomorrow which is arm day)

Focus Focus was pretty good. nothing too intense, but very noticeable. Although i dont think this stack is made for focus. 6/10

Energy Throughout the Workout
This is where it gets good. my energy was through the roof. i compare it to RPM and jack3d. i have been home for about one hour and still have not crashed. 10/10

one thing i would like to add. i was sweating more than i normally do at the gym today....not sure if thats a side effect from the stims or something..just throwing that out there!
i believe it is the Halostachine as I did as well when I used the Pump Fixx

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i start on Thursday!!!

Shipping was pretty quick. thanks again advanced muscle science!

Workout tomorrow i will be doing legs. i will be doing my mid rep ranges (if i are confused, see my first post). i will be doing squats, deads, leg press, hammy curls, calve raises. i will also be doing sprints as my form of cardio (or jump roping). i will give my first update tomorrow.

Question: do u guys want to see diet as well? and how specific do you want my workout log to be.

I will only log on workout days because this is a pre workout.

We'll leave that up to you man. You can build this bad boy any which way you like. Of course we just ask that you provide feedback that you think we all should know about the products e.g. how it's helping, makes you feel, sides, etc etc.

Looks like a good start!

jjds2099

Awards
like the no crash am takin jack3d right now and i hit the floor after my workout.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update/workout. Did you try and shake the pump fixx at all? Hopefully our new label with the red lettering is stopping people now. :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice update/workout. Did you try and shake the pump fixx at all? Hopefully our new label with the red lettering is stopping people now. :)
ya i saw that. i stir it in my shaker, well i guess its a stir cup now lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
like the no crash am takin jack3d right now and i hit the floor after my workout.
tomorrow i will be comparing pumpfixx with other popular products..what i like/dislike about each and how pumpfixx compares. for me, i become tolerant to pre workouts about halfway through the tub, so i will add a half of a scoop extra. once i do this is when i experience a crash. but no crash with one scoop of pumpfixx :yup:

as far as diet, i eat pretty lean (as stated in my intro). but i do eat carbs, but i keep it to one carb meal a day since im doing a mild cut. (tryin to get those abs back from my bulk!).

Tomorrow will be arm day. I will also weigh in and try to find somebody do pinch me for caliper (bf%). that would be awesome if i could get that. last summer after my mild cut, i was around 7.5% BF. i stay pretty lean, even when im bulking. but when im bulking, i get a gut pretty easily. darn chocolate. my new snacks are egg whites. eat about 12/day

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It will be interesting to see if you share my thoughts about how Pump Fixx compares to other preworkout formulas :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will be interesting to see if you share my thoughts about how Pump Fixx compares to other preworkout formulas :)
BSN N.O. Xplode - Xplode cant even compete with pump IMO. all i get from xplode is a pump. no energy, no endurance, nada.

Jack3d These are very similar in most ways except one. When i have used jack3d, i had to use like 4 freakin scoops to get the effect everybody goes crazy about. with pump, only one :yup:

RPM pump and rpm seem to be alot alike. good energy, good endurance and no crash (for me at least). it would be interesting to see how pump compares to rpm all by itself (without the full triangle stack).

Lit Up as i have stated before, Lit up is more of a mental focus/pump product. alot of people take one scoop of Lit Up with a few RPM or a black cat.

Black Cats Black Cats kinda remind me of a 5 hour energy on steroids. u get more energy than a 5 hour energy shot, but still no crash. pumpfixx gives u that immediate stim energy where as black cats give a constant level flow of it.

1MR I havent really liked this product from the first time i had a sample. i didnt feel anything but a headache after my workout. pumpfixx is superior.

SuperPump MAX This is where I think the two are even. both give about the same results, although on superpump max, i get a slight crash.

Launch This is where pumpfixx has a slight disadvantage. not much, but it is noticeable. launch gives me a huge energy rush and i dont have a crash. also has creatine nitrate in it, which is a plus.

Overall, Pump Fixx is better than most pre workouts out there (speaking from one use) and word should spread around about it pretty quickly.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good post, I always enjoy reading comparisons like this!

Do you consider yourself as a stim junkie or sensitive for stims? It seems to treat me quite differently and I am very sensitive for stims.

I have used just three of those products you listed.. N.O. Xplode, Jack3d and Launch. I completely agree with you about Pump Fixx being much better than N.O. Xplode.. But what it comes ku Jack3d and Launch, we don't think alike.

IMO Pump Fixx gives much smoother energy than Jack3d... Better endurance too. And 1-1.5 scoops of Jack3d was enough for me because crash was so bad with bigger doses.

We have similar experiences about Launch what it comes to energy (and pump due to creatine nitrate). It gave mee more energy than any other preworkout formula I've tried, even with just 1 scoop... But crash was bad too.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good post, I always enjoy reading comparisons like this!

Do you consider yourself as a stim junkie or sensitive for stims? It seems to treat me quite differently and I am very sensitive for stims.

I have used just three of those products you listed.. N.O. Xplode, Jack3d and Launch. I completely agree with you about Pump Fixx being much better than N.O. Xplode.. But what it comes ku Jack3d and Launch, we don't think alike.

IMO Pump Fixx gives much smoother energy than Jack3d... Better endurance too. And 1-1.5 scoops of Jack3d was enough for me because crash was so bad with bigger doses.

We have similar experiences about Launch what it comes to energy (and pump due to creatine nitrate). It gave mee more energy than any other preworkout formula I've tried, even with just 1 scoop... But crash was bad too.

im not a stim junkie. i dont ever take pre workouts unless i take a stack. but it takes alot from one product for me to feel the stim effect. but thats how i am with all medication as well. i gotta take 3 benadryl to get relief.

I just didnt see anything from jack3d. i had to take like 4 scoops to get any form of energy.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im not a stim junkie. i dont ever take pre workouts unless i take a stack. but it takes alot from one product for me to feel the stim effect. but thats how i am with all medication as well. i gotta take 3 benadryl to get relief.

I just didnt see anything from jack3d. i had to take like 4 scoops to get any form of energy.
Yeah, one friend of mine is just like you, he needs 3 scoops of Jack3d to notice anything. I would probably act like I was on meth if I took so much of it... or anything else with 1,3-dimethylamylamine in it.

jjds2099

Awards
haha ya 4 scoops would have me shaking and i would crash like no other i crash from one and dont even get that much energy i couldnt imagine 4. Am gonna probably try this stack when i finish school and start working again a little broke and wife is gettin pissed

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday ARMS

Very good pump and energy throughout my entire workout. even did more cardio than i normally do. i played a pick up game in basketball for like 20 min. for me, thats like insane LOL

PR : I hit three PRs today

Biceps

DB Hammer Curl - 55 lb DB for 8 reps

Triceps

BB Close Grip Bench - 225 x 6

Hammer Strength Tricep Pushdown/dips - 3 plates on each side for 8 reps

Overall GREAT workout. I am very excited to see if i can hit 105s on Incline DB next Monday. I have only hit 100 x 6 with a spot.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
always nice getting new pr's :)
thats for sure. i cant wait to hit chest on monday, although i will be doing higher reps so i probably wont hit those 105s LOL i will be doing reps 12 to 15

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update

Tomorrow, Monday, I will be doing Chest, which is my favorite workout. cant wait.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/11/11 Monday

Chest - light rep week

Hit one PR today and wast expecting to since it was high rep week. i did 95 DB on incline for 10 reps.

Today was probably the best pump/energy I have had yet with this stack. my arms were more vascular than normal. I did Jump Roping before my workout to get the blood flow going. following my chest workout, I did about 10 min on the bike and 10 min on the stairmaster. after all of this, i still had energy to do ab work.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear it's coming along nicely for ya

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today is my OFF day. I dose black cats on my OFF day at 1 cap/off day.

Tomorrow and Friday I train, off on the weekends. I will make my next update tomorrow.

One week through the stack

This stack has been better than i expected. I have always been skeptical on pre workouts, especially stacks like this. I hope the energy/pump does not fade as i continue to take it. Great feeling, no crash whatsoever, and im becoming more vascular (also because type of diet i am doing).

I really really like body mortar. not important, but the powder is different than any other powdered supplement i have taken before. the only way i can describe it is its like a silky, fine - grain powder. its somewhat hard to mix, but i have a shaker ball in my shaker cup so that helps. taste is also great.

tattoopierced1

BM mixes great, no clumps and it completely mixes which is nice for a BCAA product.

jjds2099

Awards
haha coming along good wanna see if ur energy and pumps stay i find myself switching preworkouts constantly and it gets pricey.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
very solid updates here.man you love your caffeine
honestly, caffeine doesnt really affect my energy...i can drink two cups of coffee and go straight to bed. i know it affects your sleep cycle drinking it that late, but as far as energy goes, no prob sleeping. im that way with alot of stuff. like benadryl...i gotta have two caps to feel drowsy enough to fall asleep or get relief from sinus stuff.

Update on Body

Before i started my very mild cut (mainly focusing on diet, some cardio but very minimal) i had a very bloated look to my stomach. when flexed, visible four pack. three weeks later (today) still a bloated look, but when i flex, visible six pack and bloated look is decreasing. strength is still rising. i have lost about three pounds since day 1 of mild cut (185 - 187 down to 182). im 5'9". im starting to finally get the stomach i had two years ago without losing mass. i suggest my training routine to anybody who is pleased with there mass, just wants to cut a few pounds of body fat off. and i dont care what anybody says: gaining muscle and losing fat is possible. im proof of it! :soapbox: sure its not a true cut, but im not trying to do a true cut. im becoming more vascular and yet im still getting stronger so forget all that stuff other people have said. maybe for them they cant do it, but the way my body works, i can do it. just because one person cant do it does NOT mean everybody can not achieve it. I have yet to get my BF checked. I will next time i think about it when im at the gym. the electronic crap says im at 11.4%, but last summer, i was at 7% and the electronic hand held said i was at 9%. im going to continue this mild cut until my im pleased with the way my stomach looks. this stack is def helping me achieve my goals.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BM mixes great, no clumps and it completely mixes which is nice for a BCAA product.
it doesnt clump, but i still have visible grains in there when i dont shake my shaker enough. not a big deal, just shake it for five seconds longer and the grains are gone.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back Tuesday (completely forgot to update yesterday)

Again, high rep week. did, total, about 14 sets of back. BB row, V Bar Lat pulldown, standing straight bar row on rope/fly machine (dont know what its called). i do this with light weight to really work my back and work out perfect form. focus is pulling with my back and not arms, not focused on weight, just the feel of my scapula almost touching at the end of the rep and release slowly. Hammer Strength Lat pulldown and Straight Leg Deads. didnt hit any PRs because I really dont focus on weight during my Light/high rep week. mainly focus on form and the feel that my back is getting the work, not my biceps. my back had a pretty decent pump after two sets of BB row. i never get back pumps, my back never gets sore and today, one day after my workout, it was sore.

tattoopierced1

it doesnt clump, but i still have visible grains in there when i dont shake my shaker enough. not a big deal, just shake it for five seconds longer and the grains are gone.
I put mine in the freezer at work and by the time it thaws when I'm at the gym, I have a nice ice cold beverage with no grains.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
didnt train today. 3 year ann. with the girlfriend. ill get back on it tomorrow with Arms.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arms Friday

had another great session today. arms looked full throughout the whole workout. i had to force myself to leave the gym so energy was awesome. no crash, although when i go to bed i seem to crash so its a good thing. tomorrow (saturday) i will be doing legs since i missed yesterday(Thursday). again, high rep week so dont expect much. focused on form mainly. today i did about 12 sets on biceps and 12 on tricep. no compound movements during high rep week. no BB curl, no close grip bench. this week is mainly for doing stuff i normally dont do to confuse my body. this method is perfect for me. better update tomorrow. leg day i do compounds still. deads, squats, press...just higher rep. focused on smooth, controlled form. thanks for following ;D

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs (Saturday instead of Thursday)

Last workout for high rep week. Got lots if squats, deads, front squats in. Also that night, I did sprints (40 yard dash) with my cousin who plays ball in highschool. Today, Monday, I am very very sore. Today starts day one of heavy week. I will be doing chest. All barbell and hammer strength movements. No fly work today

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chest Monday

Today marks the first day on heavy week. Reps were from 3 to 6 on everything

Barbell Bench, Incline BB bench, Hammer Strength bench and Hammer Strength Incline

I did hit a PR with Incline Bench. I was able to to 225 x 6

Overall great feeling in the gym. Sustained energy throughout the entire workout.

Thoughts - after taking body mortar, i will more than likely keep buying. really keeps me going.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chest Monday

Today marks the first day on heavy week. Reps were from 3 to 6 on everything

Barbell Bench, Incline BB bench, Hammer Strength bench and Hammer Strength Incline

I did hit a PR with Incline Bench. I was able to to 225 x 6

Overall great feeling in the gym. Sustained energy throughout the entire workout.

Thoughts - after taking body mortar, i will more than likely keep buying. really keeps me going.

Yeah, I've been sold on BM for about a year and a half.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet Update

As you all know, ive been doing a very mild cut. I have lost a few pounds of body fat but my strength is still increasing. I have been eating very lean protein with minimal carbs.

Today I am changing it up. I am still going to be doing cardio and ab work and eat pretty lean proteins, but I am going to slowly add carbs to my diet to put on a little bit of mass but hopefully the cardio will keep the fat gain to a minimum

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back Tuesday

Had a really good back pump throughout the whole workout. I did BB row, Lat Pulldown, reverse flys and V bar Row. I do deads on leg day.

Im working on my diet, trying to stretch my stomach again for the carbs because ive been eating alot of lean stuff which is easy to eat.

Loving this stack so far. i have an extra tub of pump fixx cause i like it so much :D

in two weeks, I will give a big update on how i feel about it in detail and how my body is responding to it (progress on certain lifts, likes/dislikes...etc)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are your thoughts on the Hypertrop-x?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are your thoughts on the Hypertrop-x?
Im not really sure yet. I have a steady energy throughout my entire workout. not sure if thats the pumpfixx or the hypertrop. i take 4 pre workout along with CEE

Legs Thursday 4/21/11

I did 4 sets of squats, 4 sets of deads (shrug at the top) and 4 sets of Leg Press along with Calve Raises sitting and standing.

I usually get very tired after my squats and deads and have to make myself to front squats or leg presses but today i didnt have that problem. i also did ab work and basketball as my cardio.

today, i did all low reps and heavy weight...but with calves, i do alot of supersets to burn them as legs are used the most and need alot of training to grow (at least mine do).

pumpfixx stim feel hasnt worn off yet, and still no crash. kinda waiting to see when i will have to increase my dosage lol

tomorrow i will be doing arms, my second fav workout of the week. i will report on vascularity and pump since its arm day.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We designed Hypertrop-X to be more of an "strength endurance" type supplement. Whereas something like pump fixx is the jacked outta your mind killing things product lol.

Awesome log so far.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont really feel a strong stim in pumpfixx...its more of a constant energy.

Arms Friday

Again, my heavy week. Low reps, heavy weight. i did hit a PR! i did 245x4 on close grip bench. also, i did 50 pound DB on incline DB curl.

My veins were showing today more than they ever have. really really strong pump in the gym. energy was consistent throughout my workout. too bad i dont workout on the weekends...i wanna get back in there! loving the stack

jjds2099

Awards
still getting stronger nice to see something that does not lose strength quickly