Hoping to be Coo-Coo for Psyko Powder! ANOTHER OUTSTANDING LOG - AnabolicMinds.com

Hoping to be Coo-Coo for Psyko Powder! ANOTHER OUTSTANDING LOG

1. Professional Member

Hoping to be Coo-Coo for Psyko Powder! ANOTHER OUTSTANDING LOG

Gentleman, and Gentleman...

A certain Mr. Whey Focused has invited me to partake in the purple powdery protein amalgam, known as Purple PsyKO (You can take a gander here Controlled Labs Purple PsyKO (1.31 lbs.): Discount Purple PsyKO Supplements).

I have been through two workouts (Shoulders/Traps and Back) so far, at just one scoop intra-workout, not nearly enough time to offer a useful gauge for others to rely on. As my jug continues to get scooped from, and I continue making pretty memorizing purple water to sip during my anabolic escapades, I'll offer feedback in real time, as well as hindsight as my experience progresses.

One thing I can say right off the bat however, is that the taste, is unsurpassed. Up until this point, as far as powdered supplements, I have only ever tasted a couple others that are close to on par with PsyKO's flavoring system. It actually tastes like a Popsicle, smooth and delicious.

After reading the write-up, I am still somewhat unsure how this differs from ingesting pure whey hydrolysate intra-workout, but I'm sure Whey Focused will chime in, although if I had to guess, I'd say it's due to a special high extract yield of Di and Tri Peptides of the final product (along with the Cit. Malate, Leucine, and the Norvaline).

Stay tuned, and stick around for some highfalutin tongue satisfying protein synthesis stimulating flavorful purple fun!

2. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

u already know I'm in this for the long haul.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Sub'd

Be starting to log me some psyko here myself. Till then I'm off to bed. Good morning (night).

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    After reading the write-up, I am still somewhat unsure how this differs from ingesting pure whey hydrolysate intra-workout, but I'm sure Whey Focused will chime in, although if I had to guess, I'd say it's due to a special high extract yield of Di and Tri Peptides of the final product (along with the Cit. Malate, Leucine, and the Norvaline).

Subbed

You are correct sir, the di and tri peptide hydrolysate helps provide a full spectrum of amino acids during your workout, the shot of leucine because L-Leucine can not be made by the body, and therefore must be obtained via food or supplementation. Leucine helps preserve muscle tissue and glycogen, maintains nitrogen balance, and you must have L-Leucine in your system to fully utilize other nutrients you take in. It actually helps protein to be useful in your system.

Larger doses of Citrulline Malate and Norvaline were added for their NO2, endurance, and recovery benefits.

Interested to see how PsyKO treats you. Good luck trying not to finish it on your off days...Im drinking this damn thing just for the taste
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

count my vote for the great taste....
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  6. Professional Member

The taste is simply divine. I wonder how long it took to get it just right (not overpowering yet not so weak that the chemical taste of the aminos come through)?

I am working my two longest shifts of the week today and tomorrow, so Wednesday I'll be killing quads and Thursday I'll be assaulting arms. I am really entertaining doing two scoops, wonder if that would be advisable. How long would the container last if I do 2 scoops every workout, and train 4 times a week?

Also, I'll be taking 1g Agmatine Sulfate with it.

One supplement I have taken before prior to training, was VPX's Stealth. I went through a few tubs taking it both before and after training (3 scoops and 3 scoops, so the containers went fast). It was around 1,000 calories just before and after training, so my strength went through the roof and recovery was stupid-fast.

However, I like the approach of less calories, and being able to detect in known quantities how much of what is in each scoop (as VPX is notorious for prop. blends). I do have raw/bulk L-Leucine, and have been contemplating capping it and taking a few before each meal to enhance the overall protein yield of my 'feedings,' as BigT mentioned research shows this might be useful.

At any rate, the taste, blend, and company behind PsyKO make it a winner in my book, and I've only done two workouts 'on' it. I will continue my log and offer VERY honest feedback, but I just can't see how anything negative could come of this product. I have felt some slight gastric distress (bloating only, not digestive or bowel related) during my workouts, but I have ALWAYS been prone to bloating if I drink ANYTHING other than water while working out, don't know why.
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

yup, love the taste.....i go around 215 atm and 2 scoops was fantastic. great recovery.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.

I would recommend 2 scoops (I found I personally had more significant recovery/endurance with 2). The tub lasts 30 uses if using the 2 scoop protocol. It would last a little over 7 weeks going 4 days a week.
  9. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wheyfocused View Post
    I would recommend 2 scoops (I found I personally had more significant recovery/endurance with 2). The tub lasts 30 uses if using the 2 scoop protocol. It would last a little over 7 weeks going 4 days a week.
    Thanks for doing the math for me, I didn't want to

Almost TWO FULL MONTHS at double dosages - awesome job Controlled Labs!

That's it, I'm going to start taking 2 scoops beginning Wednesday, and of course on Thursday for arms! Stay tuned...
  10. Professional Member

sounds like this stuff is golden so far.
  11. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    sounds like this stuff is golden so far.
    Maybe even platinum

Well, I went through two more workouts, Arms followed by Chest (separate days), both with two scoops PsyKO. Hey... why are the last two letters of PsyKO capitalized?

Anyway, I know I've said it before, but the flavor is just amazing.

What I have noticed is that even if hydration has lacked during the day, or nutrition hasn't been on point, I still get a hugely intense pump that lasts THROUGH the workout and even extends until I am home and in the shower. I am also taking Agmatine Sulfate, which I know contributes to the pump, but the Norvaline in PsyKO is a great addition.

Something else that I have to mention, is that I have been experience some bloating, BUT I cannot accredit that to PsyKO by any means - I have discontinued Adipose Annihilation (which is a great supplements, but I'm saving it for contest prep, and excited about starting back up), and also have been taking large doses of Betaine (which I know shouldn't contribute to indigestion or bloating).

Anyway - I will stay active in this thread, and please anyone, if you have questions, please let me know.

OH - I have to also mention I use POWER SHOCK by VPX (but only one scoop, not two) as an intra-workout aid WITH PsyKO, and I have noticed over the years the 'Sucralean' VPX uses to flavor always causes bloating in me. SO, I don't think it's the PsyKO at all.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.

Thats quite an impressive stack for pump
  13. Senior Member

Subb'd!
  14. Professional Member

Thats quite an impressive stack for pump
    Yes, it's partially for cosmetic instant gratification purposes, but also serves the end goal of hypertrophy well. When it comes to training, after sticking with it consistently without failing or falling off the wagon for nearly a full decade year after year, I've proven to myself I don't mind spending some pocket change on pump products as long as they are effective - because part of the reason why we do what we do is to experience that orgasmic feedback from the mirror and in the muscle, that we're gorging in a blood bath intracellularly!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopem6 View Post
    Subb'd!
    Thanks!
  15. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subscribed!!!!
  16. Professional Member

Well friendly dudes, here we are again!

I went through a very slow-starting but ultimately VERY satisfying delt/trap routine Wednesday, and wanted to report on what I did and also what I believe I uncovered.

1. I didn't take PsyKO intra workout, I was so bloated from what I believe was a mixture of water retention and the energy supplement I was on, I could barely complete my first few sets I was so miserable. I felt pregnant. I brought my 2 scoops of PsyKO to the gym, but then left it in the car.

2. So... what that means, was I used PsyKO for POST WORKOUT recovery! How did it work - AMAZING, THAT'S HOW!

3. I really DO NOT feel that PsyKO is to blame at all for the bloating issues I have experienced, now that I have adjusted some things I am feeling much more comfortable.

OH, did I mention the flavor is ridonkulous?
  17. Professional Member

Well friendly dudes, here we are again!

I went through a very slow-starting but ultimately VERY satisfying delt/trap routine Wednesday, and wanted to report on what I did and also what I believe I uncovered.

1. I didn't take PsyKO intra workout, I was so bloated from what I believe was a mixture of water retention and the energy supplement I was on, I could barely complete my first few sets I was so miserable. I felt pregnant. I brought my 2 scoops of PsyKO to the gym, but then left it in the car.

2. So... what that means, was I used PsyKO for POST WORKOUT recovery! How did it work - AMAZING, THAT'S HOW!

3. I really DO NOT feel that PsyKO is to blame at all for the bloating issues I have experienced, now that I have adjusted some things I am feeling much more comfortable.

OH, did I mention the flavor is ridonkulous?
    solid update here.I keep hearing about the taste hmm could it really be that good hmmm can you use it as a chaser??
  18. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sub-dizzle Out-Stizzle!!!!

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  19. Professional Member

solid update here.I keep hearing about the taste hmm could it really be that good hmmm can you use it as a chaser??
    The flavor is just so DIFFERENT... it isn't like everything else known to man that throws in a bunch of tried and tired sucralose and ho-hum fruit punch redundancy. It really does taste like the lick of a Popsicle, mellow yet dramatic at the same time, satisfying and fulfilling, but still leaving you wanting more.

Two scoops, ESPECIALLY, hits the spot. Like a cool condensation soaked glass of Kool-Aid glistening in the sun from it's place on a distant playground picnic bench across the street - PsyKO offers up a muscle feeding taste bud coddling frenzy with every slurp and gulp that simply WON'T be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Sub-dizzle Out-Stizzle!!!!

Bring all yo' friends and join in!
  20. Professional Member

This week was another fantastic journey through the cosmos of bodybuilding at it's greatest. Well, maybe not its greatest, as that would be reserved for contest prep, but I sure did like the sound of finding a way to weave the word cosmos in there.

Methinks this Purple powder may just become a mainstay in ole' Outstanding's supplement cabinet.

One thing I have to mentioned for what it's worth, is that while going through my two most recent workouts this past week, back and legs (on separate days, or I'd die), I became so pumped, I'm not even going to search my brain for the proper adjective. In fact, the pump was just so prodigious, oops I guess I did search my brain for some adjective awesomeness, that my grip strength faded very quickly after my first few sets of pulldowns to begin back. My forearms were just splitting with throbbing blood engorged pain, and it was truly an agonizing endeavor to grip the bar for the remainder of the workout.

On leg day, the pump was once again just so note worthy, I felt as though any pain or clicking I possibly would have experienced in my knee(s) was washed over by the tight swelling of my quads and tear drop, acting like some fleshy shield. From my knee all the way around and up to my hamstring and glutes, blood was being plowed into every fiber.

I wouldn't be so gullible to assume these dramatic effects were solely due to Purple PsyKO, but I believe it is the sustaining life blood that maintains the pumps through the workout and brings it all together in harmony. After all, I am using creatine nitrate, and a full gram of agmatine sulfate plus taking in Need 2 Slin before my pre-workout meal... so my workouts usually do create the perfect storm of volumization.

*When it comes to taste, mix-ability, and efficacy... aside from my experiences perhaps with Size On MP and Pre-Contest formulations in the past, I'd be lost for words and ideas to conjure up ANY intra-workout drink I have ever taken that was on par with Controlled Lab's P-PsyKO.

My suggestions to anyone looking into this... don't solely rely on PsyKO to be your stand alone intra-drink to reinforce pumps and muscle growth/recovery; rather, allow it to sync flawlessly as it will surely do with the following:
    - 1g Agmatine Sulfate
    - 800mg r-ala
    - 1 heaping rounded scoop Power Shock
    - 4g Creatine Nitrate
    - 1g Vitamin C
    - 30-40mg EcdyMorph

Remember to also dose 2 Need 2 Slin prior to your pre-workout meal, and I've also been taking Bromelain for months now.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.

Nice updates man. Glad to hear your knees are doing alright!
  22. Professional Member

This week was another fantastic journey through the cosmos of bodybuilding at it's greatest. Well, maybe not its greatest, as that would be reserved for contest prep, but I sure did like the sound of finding a way to weave the word cosmos in there.

Methinks this Purple powder may just become a mainstay in ole' Outstanding's supplement cabinet.

One thing I have to mentioned for what it's worth, is that while going through my two most recent workouts this past week, back and legs (on separate days, or I'd die), I became so pumped, I'm not even going to search my brain for the proper adjective. In fact, the pump was just so prodigious, oops I guess I did search my brain for some adjective awesomeness, that my grip strength faded very quickly after my first few sets of pulldowns to begin back. My forearms were just splitting with throbbing blood engorged pain, and it was truly an agonizing endeavor to grip the bar for the remainder of the workout.

On leg day, the pump was once again just so note worthy, I felt as though any pain or clicking I possibly would have experienced in my knee(s) was washed over by the tight swelling of my quads and tear drop, acting like some fleshy shield. From my knee all the way around and up to my hamstring and glutes, blood was being plowed into every fiber.

I wouldn't be so gullible to assume these dramatic effects were solely due to Purple PsyKO, but I believe it is the sustaining life blood that maintains the pumps through the workout and brings it all together in harmony. After all, I am using creatine nitrate, and a full gram of agmatine sulfate plus taking in Need 2 Slin before my pre-workout meal... so my workouts usually do create the perfect storm of volumization.

*When it comes to taste, mix-ability, and efficacy... aside from my experiences perhaps with Size On MP and Pre-Contest formulations in the past, I'd be lost for words and ideas to conjure up ANY intra-workout drink I have ever taken that was on par with Controlled Lab's P-PsyKO.

My suggestions to anyone looking into this... don't solely rely on PsyKO to be your stand alone intra-drink to reinforce pumps and muscle growth/recovery; rather, allow it to sync flawlessly as it will surely do with the following:
    - 1g Agmatine Sulfate
    - 800mg r-ala
    - 1 heaping rounded scoop Power Shock
    - 4g Creatine Nitrate
    - 1g Vitamin C
    - 30-40mg EcdyMorph

Remember to also dose 2 Need 2 Slin prior to your pre-workout meal, and I've also been taking Bromelain for months now.
    great update here.
  23. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome man, great to see Purple PsyKO working so well for you!
  24. Professional Member

Nice updates man. Glad to hear your knees are doing alright!
    No pain at all - thank goodness, because I'm also eliminating some estrogen from my body as well.

great update here.
    THANKS! Makes it easy when the product is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Awesome man, great to see Purple PsyKO working so well for you!
    I feel the same way...

I want to now conclusively say I DO NOT believe whatsoever that Purple PsyKO was causing my bloating!
  25. Professional Member

The tub is getting lower by the workout... makes me wistful for the days of old, when I had a full container. HAHA! Just a great super solid intra-workout additive for those wishing to avoid carbohydrates, and looking for a delicious tasting solution.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.

The tub is getting lower by the workout... makes me wistful for the days of old, when I had a full container. HAHA! Just a great super solid intra-workout additive for those wishing to avoid carbohydrates, and looking for a delicious tasting solution.
    Agreed. I usually do quite a lot of customization with my supps (buying in bulk etc). PsyKO to me, makes a great base as well because I can add what I want to it and not only get the leucine/norvaline/CM/hydrowhey....but Im using it as a flavoring agent now ;p
  27. Professional Member

Agreed. I usually do quite a lot of customization with my supps (buying in bulk etc). PsyKO to me, makes a great base as well because I can add what I want to it and not only get the leucine/norvaline/CM/hydrowhey....but Im using it as a flavoring agent now ;p
    Great point... as I still add BCAA Nitrates to sip during training. The powder is very, very fine as well. I like how it mixes.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.

Great point... as I still add BCAA Nitrates to sip during training. The powder is very, very fine as well. I like how it mixes.

Yep, if you are looking to add things like BCAA nitrates, they make a great addition as well
  29. Professional Member

PsyKO, to me, is like a burst of flavor satisfaction boasting the added benefit of whey peptides AND norvaline etc. I ended up not being able to add PsyKO to my intra-drink for back two nights ago, and the taste difference was so obvious it made me appreciate PsyKO's great tongue tingling goodness even more!
  30. Professional Member

PsyKO, to me, is like a burst of flavor satisfaction boasting the added benefit of whey peptides AND norvaline etc. I ended up not being able to add PsyKO to my intra-drink for back two nights ago, and the taste difference was so obvious it made me appreciate PsyKO's great tongue tingling goodness even more!
    sounds like a winner to me I've seen great reviews of this supp so far.
  31. Professional Member

Still going strong on the original tub I was sent, and went to hammer arms last night - first of all, I was to REITERATE that my initial thoughts of Psyko causing bloat and stomach discomfort have been 100% discredited after many, many workouts! THANK GOODNESS, because the taste and the blend are both top-notch and I would hate to forgo using it to avoid a distended stomach and loss of appetite.

Other than that, this product serves a VERY crucial purpose and is cost effective enough, more than tasty enough, and pairs flawlessly with BCAAs to sip during any workout... I would have to recommend it to every-single-athlete out there looking to bridge the gap of nutrition many of us loathe that exists in that sometimes 4 hours period of ZERO caloric intake (2 hours prior to training, the workout, and the drive home) to continue muscle fullness and feeding resulting in nitrogen retention and protein synthesis!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Am I PSYKO enough
    By double s in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 07:40 PM
  2. Officer PsyKo
    By StackedCop in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 05:13 PM
  3. BigT Is Going Psyko
    By thebigt in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 11:56 AM
  4. something I have found to be outstanding...
    By grexx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 01:50 AM