1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Lit Up Review - Full Tub

First I want to thank OutsideBacker and AppNut for the opportunity to try out Lit-Up. I was interested to see how this pre-workout was different from the others on the market, and what it could do for me.

I've been lifting for ~10 years now since playing on the Boxing and Rowing teams in my college. Since graduating I kept up with exercise to remain healthy and fit. In the last 3 years I have become more serious about lifting and supplementation. Now I am preparing for my first NPC Bodybuilding contest this April.

I have tried all sorts of pre-workout drinks because I lift in the morning, waking up around 5AM. I need the extra kick in the butt to open my eyes by the time I get to the gym. My top 10 list of pre-workout preference is now this:

1. APS Mesomorph
    2. AppNut Lit-Up
    3. Purus Labs Muscle Marinade
    4. **** N2KTS
    5. VPX NO Shotgun
    6. Gaspari SP250
    7. Gaspari SPMax
    8. USP Labs Jack3d
    9. Controlled Labs White Flood
    10. Universal Animal Pump

I go for energy as the number 1 requirement for a pre-workout. Any ergogenic aids or pumps are a bonus. I am a stim junkie and my tolerance builds quickly, so it takes a lot to get me going and even more to keep me going!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I waited to complete the full tub of Lit-Up because of the purported increases in lifting ability. This takes time, so I ran the full tub.

My dosing protocol was 2 scoops per use working out ~5 days a week, using heavy compound movements with free weights.

Energy: 8/10 - While this wasn't a kick in the face type of energy, it didn't let me down. I was able to get out from my house and to the gym fully awake and aware. I didn't crash off of this, but it only lasted just past my workouts (~1.5hrs). Energy hit at the right time, and lasted the right amount. Tolerance wasn't much of an issue, though the stim effect definitely declined over time. I added some extra stims later in the tub to compensate for the declining energy.

Endurance: 9/10 - This is one area where Lit-Up really shined for me. I had tons of endurance while using this, often going longer than I had planned in the gym. However, I did build up a tolerance and the endurance wasn't as mind-blowing as I got further down into the tub, otherwise it'd be a 10.

Strength: 6/10 - While strength improved during this time, it was only marginal and nothing out of the ordinary. It didn't hinder muscle growth/development/strength, so it's neutral to slightly positive.

Taste: 6/10 - I thought the flavor was a bit overpowering to be honest. I tried different amounts of water but could never find a sweet spot for my taste. I did mix in some bulk powders (ALCAR, EAA, BCAA) to see how well it covered those up, but it was still overpowering to me. While it didn't effect taste directly, I found the food coloring to be way too much too. It was the most intense red I've seen and my wife would keep asking what I spilled in the sink because it would stain whatever it touched (white sink).

Pump: 6/10 - I don't feel much of a pump when I'm working out because I do high weight and low rep, which isn't conducive to pumps. I feel Lit-Up may have contributed to a better feeling, but it was nowhere near Agmatine Sulfate (at 2.5g) or Creatine Nitrate (at 3g). I'd say average for a pre-workout.

Libido: 5/10 - Honestly, I didn't notice much. I've taken over 100g of NP DAA and didn't get much out of it (noticed nothing) so I wasn't expecting too much from this. I do like that it's the proper dose for those that respond better.

Overall: 8/10 - As I mentioned before I am interested in pre-workout drinks for the energy primarily, so that is heavily weighted. Lit-Up delivered energy, and a great level of endurance I haven't experienced before on a pre-workout. The ergogenic effects were not as pronounced.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Nice review! I plan on giving a full tub of Lit Up a try sometime down the line.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Full PCT
    By bwrestler31 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 01:37 AM
  2. So ive been full of questions lately sorry...
    By cmp007 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 07:17 AM
  3. Full Routine Review. Please...
    By Disciple83 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 01:36 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 12:00 PM