Volcom's Androlean & Androhard Log

Page 4 of 24 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I'm a sucker for the new stuff!

    So, are you going to be bumping up cardio then?

    How's the diet going for you too? I am so hungry right now, I remember we were commiserating on it!!!


    It sounds like things are going well for you so far, hope this helps give you that extra edge!
    I haven't made a conscious decision to up the cardio yet, but its a possibilty. Diet is going well, I've adjusted down the caloric intake again, its just routine at this point. The only "effort" involved is the cooking, but my hunger pains of subsided.

    Things are going okay at the moment, just keeping at the grind.
    NSCA - CSCS

  2. Elite Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    damn, i miss a few days and this log blows up, lol. any updates?
  3. Registered User
    sking6464's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    993
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Oh cool, now we have a good MMA demographic in here, I like that.
    bro im down with mma, i used to workout weights wise with john chamberg (gsp's strength and conditioning coach), and georges lives 5min form me, i dont know him, but see him around quite often, my gf works in the area and already has hit him up for a few autographs, one tho is a piece of crap receipt paper, altho i got my underarmor gps shirt signed, its in a frame now
    S K I N G REPRESENTATIVE
    PM ME IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME FREE STUFF
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    Volcom bro you gotta start training! you said you got a wrestling background, time to start chokin mophuckers out!!
    BJJ = life
  5. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,142
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    damn, i miss a few days and this log blows up, lol. any updates?
    X2 how's it going today?

  6. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    damn, i miss a few days and this log blows up, lol. any updates?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    X2 how's it going today?
    Not yet. I'm still at work. I'm going to hit chest tonight with the boys and I'll certainly have an update post workout.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by sking6464 View Post
    bro im down with mma, i used to workout weights wise with john chamberg (gsp's strength and conditioning coach), and georges lives 5min form me, i dont know him, but see him around quite often, my gf works in the area and already has hit him up for a few autographs, one tho is a piece of crap receipt paper, altho i got my underarmor gps shirt signed, its in a frame now
    That's pretty damn cool. The only pro's I've met or seen actually at a bodybuilding expo are Randy Couture and Keith Jardine (before he went on his superb decline). I've always respected GSP's training. Him and Sherk seemed like the first to get on an actual power & plyo program, while much of the MMA industry were still focused on training only with bodyweight.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Volcom bro you gotta start training! you said you got a wrestling background, time to start chokin mophuckers out!!
    I think the average BJJ class aroud here is like $100/month or something. I don't know if that's a national average or a So.Cal average, but I couldn't afford it financially or time wise at the moment. It'd be fun though. I have friends who train MMA and some that just do BJJ, so I attend their local fights or tournies here & there.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Registered User
    Rahl's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,383
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I think the average BJJ class aroud here is like $100/month or something. I don't know if that's a national average or a So.Cal average, but I couldn't afford it financially or time wise at the moment. It'd be fun though. I have friends who train MMA and some that just do BJJ, so I attend their local fights or tournies here & there.
    I often think I would like to train too but I run into the same limitations. Mostly the time. You can't do everything in life. You have to pick and choose.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,153
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I think the average BJJ class aroud here is like $100/month or something. I don't know if that's a national average or a So.Cal average, but I couldn't afford it financially or time wise at the moment. It'd be fun though. I have friends who train MMA and some that just do BJJ, so I attend their local fights or tournies here & there.
    That's pretty average rate for MMA/BJJ schools.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    I often think I would like to train too but I run into the same limitations. Mostly the time. You can't do everything in life. You have to pick and choose.
    Especially if you're married.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's pretty average rate for MMA/BJJ schools.
    I figured as much. I've heard of even pricier places for big name BJJ instructors. I have a friend who trains at Gracie Barra and I remember him quoting me car payment for his monthly or tri-monthly dues.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Registered User
    Rahl's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,383
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Especially if you're married.


    And with 2 kids. Going back to school. And owning a business. LOL. Yeah, **** me. Who am I kidding? I have NO time! LOL
  13. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Day 4 AH/AL


    Flat Bench
    225lbs x 10 reps
    275lbs x 10 reps
    295lbs x 10 reps
    305lbs x 8 reps
    305lbs x 8 reps

    *Note* I haven't hit these kind of numbers since I was at least 215-217lbs. The set that stood out the most was the 295lbs for 10, where I have recently been hitting that for 6 reps, 8 on a fantastic day when the moon and mars line up. 225 felt easier then it has since I hit sub 210lbs and so did 275lbs, where I have been hitting them up to 10 recently, but with every last ounce of strength in me. Today, it still felt heavy, but it didn't feel as hard as it has been. The increase in strength is notable, but only as far as intra-set repetitions are concerned, but nothing in terms of new heights in the amount of weight used.

    Incline Bench
    225lbs x 10 reps
    235lbs x 9 reps
    245lbs x 7 reps
    245lbs x 6 reps

    *Note* Lately, by the time I hit incline bench, following flat, I've been starting at 185lbs and moving up to 225 for 6-8 reps, and more uncommonly 10 reps on a great day. However, at the 135lbs warm up, my muscles felt much fresher then they usually are by this point in my workout, so I decided just to go 2 plates and the 10 came out easily. My workout partner, Dusty, who is of like-strength, was only able to hit the 225 for 8 reps and he never moved beyond 225lbs. One of my greatest performance indicators is to observe the difference \between my performance against my workout partners, because we tend to be extremely close in certain exercises, chest being one of them. Again, a strength increase was notable at this exercises as well and the numbers I put up were more reflective of where my strength was around 215lbs+. Intra-set numbers increased, but nothing new in terms of amount of weight used.

    Decline Db Flies
    50lbs Db's x 10 reps
    60lbs Db's x 10 reps
    70lbs Db's x 8 reps
    70lbs Db's x 8 reps

    Hammer Triceps - Facing away, leaning forward to emphasis lower/outer pecs
    180lbs x 15 reps
    230lbs x 10 reps
    250lbs x 10 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps

    Cables Flies
    100lbs x 20 reps
    110lbs x 20 reps
    120lbs x 12 reps
    130lbs x 12 reps

    Cardio:
    Stopped by a track on the way home; Ran 4 laps.

    Great workout. I'm not really looking for or trying to emphasize on all things pertaining to strength gains, as I'm on AH/AL and not Andromass, but I'll note anything note worthy. Nothing is going to change aesthetically just yet, but those effects will have its day with the pre/post pictures.

    My chest is one of those body parts that gets DOMS after EVERY workout, so tomorrow and the next day I'll be able assess the recovery rate of this Andro combo.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,142
    Answers
    0


    Nice workout and nice numbers! Tomorrow will be interesting for sure in terms of recovery. How is your mood/energy/aggression any change?

  15. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Nice workout and nice numbers! Tomorrow will be interesting for sure in terms of recovery. How is your mood/energy/aggression any change?
    Nothing notable in terms of mood/energy/aggression (yet). I've noticed a slight increase in libido, but its only the 4th day.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Registered User
    NADDANME's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,201
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Flat Bench
    225lbs x 10 reps
    275lbs x 10 reps
    295lbs x 10 reps
    305lbs x 8 reps
    305lbs x 8 reps

    *Note* I haven't hit these kind of numbers since I was at least 215-217lbs. The set that stood out the most was the 295lbs for 10, where I have recently been hitting that for 6 reps, 8 on a fantastic day when the moon and mars line up. 225 felt easier then it has since I hit sub 210lbs and so did 275lbs, where I have been hitting them up to 10 recently, but with every last ounce of strength in me. Today, it still felt heavy, but it didn't feel as hard as it has been. The increase in strength is notable, but only as far as intra-set repetitions are concerned, but nothing in terms of new heights in the amount of weight used.

    Incline Bench
    225lbs x 10 reps
    235lbs x 9 reps
    245lbs x 7 reps
    245lbs x 6 reps

    *Note* Lately, by the time I hit incline bench, following flat, I've been starting at 185lbs and moving up to 225 for 6-8 reps, and more uncommonly 10 reps on a great day. However, at the 135lbs warm up, my muscles felt much fresher then they usually are by this point in my workout, so I decided just to go 2 plates and the 10 came out easily. My workout partner, Dusty, who is of like-strength, was only able to hit the 225 for 8 reps and he never moved beyond 225lbs. One of my greatest performance indicators is to observe the difference \between my performance against my workout partners, because we tend to be extremely close in certain exercises, chest being one of them. Again, a strength increase was notable at this exercises as well and the numbers I put up were more reflective of where my strength was around 215lbs+. Intra-set numbers increased, but nothing new in terms of amount of weight used.

    Decline Db Flies
    50lbs Db's x 10 reps
    60lbs Db's x 10 reps
    70lbs Db's x 8 reps
    70lbs Db's x 8 reps

    Hammer Triceps - Facing away, leaning forward to emphasis lower/outer pecs
    180lbs x 15 reps
    230lbs x 10 reps
    250lbs x 10 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps
    270lbs x 8 reps

    Cables Flies
    100lbs x 20 reps
    110lbs x 20 reps
    120lbs x 12 reps
    130lbs x 12 reps

    Cardio:
    Stopped by a track on the way home; Ran 4 laps.

    Great workout. I'm not really looking for or trying to emphasize on all things pertaining to strength gains, as I'm on AH/AL and not Andromass, but I'll note anything note worthy. Nothing is going to change aesthetically just yet, but those effects will have its day with the pre/post pictures.

    My chest is one of those body parts that gets DOMS after EVERY workout, so tomorrow and the next day I'll be able assess the recovery rate of this Andro combo.


    Those are some nice numbers. I'm about the same height and weight and you flat blow me away on bench. Looking good.
  17. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I think the average BJJ class aroud here is like $100/month or something. I don't know if that's a national average or a So.Cal average, but I couldn't afford it financially or time wise at the moment. It'd be fun though. I have friends who train MMA and some that just do BJJ, so I attend their local fights or tournies here & there.
    yeah thats a good average. i pay $75 for everything including gym/pool/sauna but i live in south new jersey which is the ghetto part of the state. you can easily swing $100 a month if you pay for a regular gym membership and buy supps. anyone on this board can buy a little less supps and train lol

    the only thing is once you get addicted you will lift weights less and less. to me its a whole lot more fun to choke people out than to sling weight.
    BJJ = life
  18. Elite Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,702
    Answers
    0


    Very nice numbers on that chest workout Vol. Your 1 rep max lift looks to be pretty substantial! The AH/AL recovery test should show itself nicely here.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  19. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by NADDANME View Post
    Those are some nice numbers. I'm about the same height and weight and you flat blow me away on bench. Looking good.
    Thanks Naddanme. My chest has always been a strong body part, along with back. It's just a shame the aesthetics of my pecs aren't reflective of what I can bench, or maybe they will as I continue to cut down.

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    yeah thats a good average. i pay $75 for everything including gym/pool/sauna but i live in south new jersey which is the ghetto part of the state. you can easily swing $100 a month if you pay for a regular gym membership and buy supps. anyone on this board can buy a little less supps and train lol

    the only thing is once you get addicted you will lift weights less and less. to me its a whole lot more fun to choke people out than to sling weight.
    I actually financially support my mother-in-law with a $1,000.00 a month and the only way I can afford supps is by repping, trust me, we're walking a thin balancing act of a budget, but I agree, training is or was fun for me.

    When I was still single I had two roommates, David, who did BJJ and Jimmy, who was a great high school wrestler (but played football in college). On saturdays we'd move around our furniture to clear an open space and those two would go at it and roll/wrestle. David would actually wear his GI too, it was great.

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Very nice numbers on that chest workout Vol. Your 1 rep max lift looks to be pretty substantial! The AH/AL recovery test should show itself nicely here.
    I really thrive on those lower number reps. Sometimes I'll jus hit 5's across in a 5x5 fashion, but without following the percentages of what 5x5 would have you do, because I like to pyramid. I'm looking forward to the recovery aspect.

    As it stands today, I'm thoroughly sore. Chest DOMS are in full effect. Normally, it takes about 4 days for the DOMS to completely subside, so we'll see how my recovery rate turns out.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    ahh gotcha, well you are doing a great thing by helping her out. im sure in the future you got a whole lot of good karma and BJJ coming your way!
    BJJ = life
  21. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    ahh gotcha, well you are doing a great thing by helping her out. im sure in the future you got a whole lot of good karma and BJJ coming your way!
    Take away one more "J" and it'll be worth it
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,390
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Take away one more "J" and it'll be worth it



    Oh...


    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  23. Elite Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    give it hell, volcom.
  24. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    give it hell, volcom.
    That's the only way to give it
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Registered User
    Rahl's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,383
    Answers
    0


    LOL. Interested to see if that chest recovers faster or not.
  26. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    AH/AL Day 5


    Hang Cleans; Compound Set to Rear Barbell Shrugs
    135lbs x 10 reps/225lbs x 20 reps
    185lbs x 5 reps/315lbs x 15 reps
    205lbs x 5 reps/405lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 3 reps/495lbs x 10 reps

    [By far the most exhausting combo I do. I don't know what's worse, the muscle pain or the suffocation from all that extended core contraction]

    Military Press; Compound Set to Db Lateral Raises
    135lbs x 10 reps/40lbs Db's x 10 reps
    185lbs x 10 reps/40lbs Db's x 8 reps
    205lbs x 8 reps/40lbs Db's x 6 reps
    205lbs x 6 reps/40lbs Db's x 6 reps

    Barbell Upright Rows - Wide Grip; Compound Set to Bent Over Db Reverse Flies
    95lbs x 10 reps/40lbs Db's x 10 reps
    115lbs x 10 reps/40lbs Db's x 10 reps
    115lbs x 10 reps/40lbs Db's x 10 reps

    One Arm Smith-Barbell Shrugs - Standing parallel to the bar
    135lbs x 20 reps, each arm
    155lbs x 15 reps, each arm
    185lbs x 10 reps, each arm

    Cardio: 20 min Stair-Climber

    I don't know if Androlean is suppose to promote excessive sweating, but today was the most I've EVER sweat from lifting. My entire back was wet, my sides from my armpits to my obliques were drenched and the front of my shirt was drenched down to my upper chest. I've literally never sweat this much from lifting, EVER.

    I wouldn't say aggression was up or even a greater sense of motivation (because I'm always pretty motivated once I get going), but it seemed my general stamina was up. Also, its very hard to measure any kind of strength improvements on super-set/compound set days and to properly measure power, I'd have to bring the reps way down on the O-lifts. I switch back & forth from complex and simple days, I super-set/compound set on days when I have the gumption, otherwise, I generally stick with a "normal" routine; straight sets.

    I feel good post workout. I was very close to getting nauseous by my last exercise, but it cleared up within minutes of completing the workout and now that I'm home. I feel 100%, not over-worked, fatigued or particularly sloth. I certainly don't feel like someone who just performed the workout I just completed. I feel abnormally refreshed.

    I'm going to weight myself in the morning tomorrow just for kicks. I was 205.5lbs before I started the AH/AL and I'm just curious to see where the scale is heading, slightly upward or slightly downward. Another good day and compound or super-setting anything following an O-lift is sheer pain, but satisfying.
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Elite Member
    ryansm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,142
    Answers
    0


    I hear you on compounding oly lifts, try a P clean to a front squat to a split jerk, eh brutal.

    Crazy routine there, a lot of work for sure, sounds like effects are already starting. AndroLean is certainly thermogenic which will lead to more sweating, may want to up your water intake. Also the feeling of "refreshed" certainly could indicate the test conversion and the AndroHard. Great log thus far Volcom!!

  28. Advanced Member
    pillsRgood's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    584
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I hear you on compounding oly lifts, try a P clean to a front squat to a split jerk, eh brutal.

    Crazy routine there, a lot of work for sure, sounds like effects are already starting. AndroLean is certainly thermogenic which will lead to more sweating, may want to up your water intake. Also the feeling of "refreshed" certainly could indicate the test conversion and the AndroHard. Great log thus far Volcom!!
    I was wondering about the sweating thing as well...Now I know! Can anyone help me post pics? Im retarted and cant get it
  29. Elite Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,702
    Answers
    0


    This log has me sweating in anticipation! Numbers solid as usual Vol. Funny, I was just going to try that military/side lateral compound movement tomorrow.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  30. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    LOL. Interested to see if that chest recovers faster or not.
    Me too. My chest is actually a bit more sore then it usually gets, which tells me I was putting in more work then normal on my chest day. We'll see how it fixes up.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I hear you on compounding oly lifts, try a P clean to a front squat to a split jerk, eh brutal.

    Crazy routine there, a lot of work for sure, sounds like effects are already starting. AndroLean is certainly thermogenic which will lead to more sweating, may want to up your water intake. Also the feeling of "refreshed" certainly could indicate the test conversion and the AndroHard. Great log thus far Volcom!!
    I've done the clean and jerk without a full front squat and that's bad enough. I'm not very proficient at the split. My planting leg, I inherently plant to the side, a bit too far to the side, instead of behind me (stability issue) and it ends up tearing up my knee, so I just do the hip drop with the jerk. Generally speaking, I tend to super-set my Oly-lifts with something more bodybuilding'esque, however, I have done ridiculous things like super-setting Hang Snatch into Hang Cleans, separate bars for their appropriate weights and it was just an unpleasant experience. Cleans into Snatch high pulls are a favorite as well, but more often then not, its something non-power related.

    I noticed I was much more thirsty then usual. I'll have to be more cognizant about hydration, thanks for the suggestion.

    Quote Originally Posted by jjbogner View Post
    I was wondering about the sweating thing as well...Now I know! Can anyone help me post pics? Im retarted and cant get it
    I'd try going to imageshack or photobucket, preferably photobucket. Upload your pictures on their picture hosting site, once you've uploaded your photo(s), you'll have the option to link the image to any internet forum.
    NSCA - CSCS
  31. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    This log has me sweating in anticipation! Numbers solid as usual Vol. Funny, I was just going to try that military/side lateral compound movement tomorrow.
    It's great, its painful, but its a great combination. I actually find pre-exhausting with Db laterals into a press is much more difficult then super-setting the db lat raises after a press. Either way, its a good way to challenge the delts & traps.
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Senior Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,906
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    It's great, its painful, but its a great combination. I actually find pre-exhausting with Db laterals into a press is much more difficult then super-setting the db lat raises after a press. Either way, its a good way to challenge the delts & traps.
    Show those delts who's boss lol

    I just started Advanced German Volume Training and I barely did anything for shoulders on "arm/shoulder day".... so sore... so sore... lol
    Celtic Labs Rep
  33. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Show those delts who's boss lol

    I just started Advanced German Volume Training and I barely did anything for shoulders on "arm/shoulder day".... so sore... so sore... lol
    I've read about Advanced German Volume Training, but I don't recall any of the specifics. They go pretty ballz out with the volume, right?
    NSCA - CSCS
  34. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Update


    I had about 30min of crash time about an hour after my workout, while my body was paying back the oxygen debt from the workout, but after that process had completed, I feel fresh enough now to go for a jog or hit the gym again. It's pretty remarkable.
    NSCA - CSCS
  35. Senior Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,906
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I've read about Advanced German Volume Training, but I don't recall any of the specifics. They go pretty ballz out with the volume, right?
    first five weeks is 10x10 2 exercises per day (back/chest,bis/tris, quads/hammies) plus 2 complimentary exercises at 3x6-8.

    then you move on and do more intense work like 10x6s
    Celtic Labs Rep
  36. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,811
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I've read about Advanced German Volume Training, but I don't recall any of the specifics. They go pretty ballz out with the volume, right?
    I have a word doc on it that I attached for you. Im sure you can find more info online about it too
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  37. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,153
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    first five weeks is 10x10 2 exercises per day (back/chest,bis/tris, quads/hammies) plus 2 complimentary exercises at 3x6-8.

    then you move on and do more intense work like 10x6s
    Damn, that's a lot of sets for biceps and triceps. When would you squeeze in delts with this?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  38. Senior Member
    ConcreteConny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,054
    Answers
    0


    Subbed to watch this to go down

    //CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  39. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I had about 30min of crash time about an hour after my workout, while my body was paying back the oxygen debt from the workout, but after that process had completed, I feel fresh enough now to go for a jog or hit the gym again. It's pretty remarkable.
    sounds awesome bro! time to really crank it up now that you are on!!
    BJJ = life
  40. Elite Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I have a word doc on it that I attached for you. Im sure you can find more info online about it too
    Oh right on, I'll give it a read, thanks Josh.

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Subbed to watch this to go down

    //CC
    Alright! too bad about you and Tom's cycle, it sucked when I read your guys' logs, but thanks for joining in, hope you're feeling better

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    sounds awesome bro! time to really crank it up now that you are on!!
    For sure! and who do you have on Rua vs JBJ?
    Last edited by VolcomX311; 03-16-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AndroLean/AndroHard Log 6-Weeks
    By josheyy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 02:23 AM
  2. Androlean + Androhard Stack
    By Trig in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in