Reputation Reputation

Jake Shields to Train With Chael Sonnen

NSCA - CSCS

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Between my cardio and reduced calorie diet, the only thing keeping muscle on me is anabolics (and lots of protein / BCAA)! Gotta go for the gusto!
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Same recipe here...
    Luckily, even in the absance of any anabolics, I've yet to lose any strength and have even gone up in strength in certain exercises. My power has plateued (Cleans, Snatches), but my strength lifts are still slowly building up as normal. However, I was on some natty test boosters, or a test "mimcker" (Phyto-Test.)
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

FANTASTIC Interview with Brock Lesnar.

http://video.aol.com/video/brock-les...iew/3410315945
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I expect Lesnar to be a pretty solid coach.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    seeing its taped, its gotten out that he was really tuff coach wise, really tuff....big emphasis on work ethic

if anything the show should win him some fans, and people look past the 'showman' part of his personna and how he sells fights
    S K I N G REPRESENTATIVE
    PM ME IF YOU WANT TO GIVE ME FREE STUFF
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    shields is going to be raped, kos has a better stand-up, gsp can just pick him apart again

with the big money in a nov showdown with silva, i dont see gsp fking this up
    S K I N G REPRESENTATIVE
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.

shields is going to be raped, kos has a better stand-up, gsp can just pick him apart again

S K I N G REPRESENTATIVE
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Day 17 AH/AL - Hammer Time

Flat Bench
    225lbs x 15 reps
    275lbs x 5 reps....
    [and I had to fight for those 5, which is literally half the amount I normally push out. 10 reps at this weight is a bit of a given, normally. So I pondered heavily if I was in need of a deload. My workout partner only pushed out 4 reps, with even more struggle then I did for 5 and he normally hits 10 reps on this as well. Therefore, given that we were both in a funk, I concluded its not just a bad day since we both failed. However, I really didn't feel like I needed a full on deload, I suspected maybe some overtraining in my shoulder stabilizers, so I just needed to move the workout plan to a hammer/machine, anything that didn't require much contribution from the shoulder stabilizers, so here's how it went]

Incline Hammer Press
    270lbs x 10 reps
    360lbs x 10 reps
    410lbs x 8 reps
    450lbs x 6 reps [+1 All time PR; The video of me doing this for 5 is on my opening post of this log]
    450lbs x 5 reps

Hammer Wide Press
    270lbs x 10 reps
    320lbs x 8 reps
    340lbs x 8 reps
    360lbs x 8 reps

Hammer Decline Press
    270lbs x 10 reps
    320lbs x 8 reps
    340lbs x 8 reps

Incline Cable Flies; Super-Set to Decline Cable Flies
    100lbs x 10 reps/100lbs x 10 reps

Therefore, strength-wise, I performed okay, which leads me to believe that it was a shoulder stabilizers issue. My stabilizers feel like they get over-trained every now & then.

I didn't perform any cardio pre-workout and I still felt I was sweating more then usual. No sweat bib-stain around the neck, but I was still sweating pretty profusely for an all hammer strength workout.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.

I'm looking forward to the pics. Nice recognition on the shoulder stabilizers, typical issue imo and people usually do not understand this.

10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by sking6464 View Post

I hear ya and I don't know if Shields needs to be working with Chael Sonnen. Shields' wrestling won't be his problem, he doesn't need to polish that part of his game, its his striking that'll be his downfall. He needs to bring in a striker to his camp, not another specialized wrestler.
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

Congrats on the PR! That is some heavy weight you are moving

//CC
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I hear ya and I don't know if Shields needs to be working with Chael Sonnen. Shields' wrestling won't be his problem, he doesn't need to polish that part of his game, its his striking that'll be his downfall. He needs to bring in a striker to his camp, not another specialized wrestler.
    It still never hurts to bring in someone who is better at a given area than you. Plus, it's not like there are many great wrestlers to work with over at Cesar Gracie JJ. Shields, barring an "oh, ****" submission, is overwhelmingly outmatched in this fight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

It still never hurts to bring in someone who is better at a given area than you. Plus, it's not like there are many great wrestlers to work with over at Cesar Gracie JJ. Shields, barring an "oh, ****" submission, is overwhelmingly outmatched in this fight.
    I felt Kos had a much better chance against GSP then Shields will. GSP does have a very specific strength, but he's basically a dynamic fighter, whereas, Shields being so submission wrestling specific, GSP will be able to focus primarily on that part of Shields' offense, which will make it a long night for Shields.

Maybe a more respectful version of Anderson Silva/Demian Maia.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Congrats on the PR! That is some heavy weight you are moving

//CC
    Thanks CC. My workout started off bummy, so I was grateful it finished out alright.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I agree. He gets a lot of flack for not being an MMA veteran and being asked to coach, but the way I see it, he's been on a competitive (wreslting) team his whole life. He's always been under some coach and around team mates and he's thived under that environment for a longer period then most people, which makes me believe he would sit into a coaching position rather naturally. Plus, in a very coach like manner, he will be able to teach things to other fighters that he himself probably could not pull off wrestling-wise in an MMA fight situation, but it'll be legit technique being taught either way.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sounds like thing are still going good. How are you feeling about your recovery. Do you still think that the Andro is helping cut time off your recovery time.
    WWW.ANDRO FACTORY.COM
    Use NADDANME for a 15% discount or PM me for current discounts
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by NADDANME View Post
    Sounds like thing are still going good. How are you feeling about your recovery. Do you still think that the Andro is helping cut time off your recovery time.
    To an extent, I have to presume that's going to be a more prominen effect from Andromass, but I seem to recovery a day or so faster then usual.
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Man when I took AndroHard I recovered near instantly, there were days when I did AM workouts I thought I could hit an afternoon workout again. How is muscle hardness/fullness?
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Man when I took AndroHard I recovered near instantly, there were days when I did AM workouts I thought I could hit an afternoon workout again. How is muscle hardness/fullness?
    Fullness comes & goes relative to carb up meals, but I spend most of my time depleted. Hardness is most notable in the chest.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Fullness comes & goes relative to carb up meals, but I spend most of my time depleted. Hardness is most notable in the chest.
    Yah welcome to the carb roller coaster, I was looking pretty good this morning though as I do a lot of mornings.. might be that cap of glycobol before bed....
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.

To an extent, I have to presume that's going to be a more prominen effect from Andromass, but I seem to recovery a day or so faster then usual.
    Honestly on a cut if you have better recovery at all that is saying something.

22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Honestly on a cut if you have better recovery at all that is saying something.
    That's kind of true. I'm not exactly a kcal refueling machine at the moment.

Speaking of which, I feel good enough at this point, to hit chest again Thursday, with my cop friend who missed out yesterday. I'm definintely doing it for his benefit, but I feel I'll be 100% by then.
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.

Speaking of which, I feel good enough at this point, to hit chest again Thursday, with my cop friend who missed out yesterday. I'm definintely doing it for his benefit, but I feel I'll be 100% by then.
    I think that right there say's alot.^
    WWW.ANDRO FACTORY.COM
    Use NADDANME for a 15% discount or PM me for current discounts
  24. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

good luck to you my friend.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    good luck to you my friend.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So the A-Hard is fueling the recovery and the A-Lean is bringing the thermo/leaning effects?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    So the A-Hard is fueling the recovery and the A-Lean is bringing the thermo/leaning effects?
    That would be an accurate take home message.
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.

wow.....its odd on a cut, your log has alot of people sold on this stuff.....you should ask for a percentage of the april sales
    S K I N G REPRESENTATIVE
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

wow.....its odd on a cut, your log has alot of people sold on this stuff.....you should ask for a percentage of the april sales
    Lol, if that's how logs worked, this forum would be 99% logs.
    NSCA - CSCS
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Note to self or anyone else.

Do not take Androseries with hot water or hot tea. I just took my AH/AL with some hot tea from 711 and the hot water had an immediate reaction with the AH/AL pills and it immediately tasted like I had a mouthful of grapefruit peels and its an overwhelming taste
    NSCA - CSCS
  31. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.

So as far as you have gone now....full on stats since starting?
    Give us a good mid way review!
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Do not take Androseries with hot water or hot tea. I just took my AH/AL with some hot tea from 711 and the hot water had an immediate reaction with the AH/AL pills and it immediately tasted like I had a mouthful of grapefruit peels and its an overwhelming taste
    I don't know why but this made me lol a lot.
  33. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thank you for stating this, I drink alot of tea, so I probably would have found out the hard way.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kjkriston View Post
    x2 but only if it's GOOD! lol

BTW, I'm wondering how much of the thermogenic effects are from the androlean/androhard combo as compared to running androhard or androlean solo. There are basically no solo-logs out there, except 1 or 2 that are just beginning.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    BTW, I'm wondering how much of the thermogenic effects are from the androlean/androhard combo as compared to running androhard or androlean solo. There are basically no solo-logs out there, except 1 or 2 that are just beginning.
    I was wondering the same thing Just gotta sub in on those solo logs popping up
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  36. T50
    Advanced Member

My guess is that most (if not all) of the thermogenic effect is coming from AndroLean. I took the original AndroHard and don't remember feeling a noticeable difference in temperature. Maybe increased sweating during my workouts but I don't remember to be sure so it couldn't have been to pronounced. I'm thinking this is all coming from the AndroLean.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  225 lbs.

^^^agreed.....im thinking lean and clenvis....muahahahhahaa
    S K I N G REPRESENTATIVE
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kjkriston View Post
    Here are some things to take into account before offering a detailed mid-way review. I started my cut I think on January 17th or 18th (2011), where my starting weight was 220lbs. I started off my cut working out twice a day, often times combined with double cardio sessions as well, either pre or post lifting, so I really was a furnace for caloric consumption. 7lbs came off the first 2 weeks (lots of water & glycogen I presume)

Once I reached around 210, my weight loss was coming off at about 1lb a week, as I worked my way down to 208'ish, it was about 1lb every 10 days and by the time I'd hit 206, I was dropping about 1/2lbs ever 10 days or so.

I started Androlean/Androhard at that sluggish, sticking point of 205. By this time I'd stopped working out twice day and my cardio was a hit & miss. I'd say my caloric expenditure by the time I started AH/AL was at least half of what it was the prior 60 odd days of cutting. Much of it having to do with being mentally burned out, though not yet physically burned out. My cardio efforts had died down, but my diet maintained consistently clean.

To my own shock, two weeks into AH/AL, I'm now down to 203, in spite of my heavily diminished cardio efforts. Currently, I cardio maybe 2-3 times a week, "maybe," so the fact I even cracked that 205 sticking point is miracle number one and the fact I'm actually down 2lbs is a double miracle, two AND three.

I'm mentally fatigued on this cut, but being that I'm in a contest, I've never allowed myself to slow down and now its caught up. I'm just going to try and dedicate a full week of no cardio, but regular lifting and dieting to see how that does to R&R my psyche.

The full picture offers a more accurate representation of my mid-way review. I'm farily confident had I started off on AH/AL fresh into a cut, the results would be much more dramatic at a halfway point. Although, this really isn't a halfway point, I'm not even done with my first bottles yet. This is like day 20 I think.
    NSCA - CSCS
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by trumac View Post
    I don't know why but this made me lol a lot.
    It was nasty, but a serving of AH/AL is too costly to spit out, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Thank you for stating this, I drink alot of tea, so I probably would have found out the hard way.
    That's what log e-friends are for

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    x2 but only if it's GOOD! lol

Quote Originally Posted by T50 View Post
    My guess is that most (if not all) of the thermogenic effect is coming from AndroLean. I took the original AndroHard and don't remember feeling a noticeable difference in temperature. Maybe increased sweating during my workouts but I don't remember to be sure so it couldn't have been to pronounced. I'm thinking this is all coming from the AndroLean.
    ^^^agreed.....im thinking lean and clenvis....muahahahhahaa
    I'm suspecting its mostly the ANDROLean, but I personally couldn't explain it for sure.
    NSCA - CSCS
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Are you going to get any body comp assessments done during this run?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. AndroLean/AndroHard Log 6-Weeks
    By josheyy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 02:23 AM
  2. Androlean + Androhard Stack
    By Trig in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 08:09 PM