AE has gon PsyKO (Sponsored)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. AE has gon PsyKO (Sponsored)


    A big thank you to RR and to the CL team for giving me a container of the new Purple PsyKO, and additionally several samples as well (pleasant surprise). I am currently at 198lbs as of this am, and am looking to go down to 190-192 if possible.

    It has been a while since I have run a consistent log, so I am looking forward to running this for a month. Here is a rundown of what a typical lifting week for me looks like:

    Monday: Shoulders
    Tuesday: off
    Wednesday: Back and bis
    Thursday: Chest and tris
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: Back and bis
    Sunday: Chest and tris

    I have just gotten back into the swing of things recently after being given the ok from my back surgeon. Didnt need surgery, but there was some fairly severe damage done, but little could be done to fix it, so it was back to what I love to do

    Additionally....I also do fasted am cardio every morning at 4am. I will update regularly and address the following
    1. mixability/texture
    2. taste
    3. recovery

    Looking forward to tomorrow.


  2. Reserved for final review
    •   
       


  3. i bet psyko would really shine on fasted cardio. look forward to your log.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  4. Interested in this one! Will be watching.

  5. welcome aboard guys
  6. Day 1


    Had a solid leg/calf workout today. Then spent the following 15 minutes working my back and hams with the foam roller. I focused my leg workout around 3 specific exercises

    1. back squat
    2. zercher squats
    3. standing calf raises

    My weights did not go above 225lbds (although sets were typically at 15) I cant go too heavy on legs due to the back, but got a nice burn and pump.

    On to PsyKO
    1. Mixability 5/5 no issue what so ever. In fact, gave it a shake for about 10-15 seconds, and the entire powder was mixed thoroughly, no residual at all
    2. taste 4/5 this is obviously quite subjective, but the fruity flavor was not over powering or too sweet. However, it was not a fruit punch flavor imo. Still good, but as anyone who has ever followed any of my logs before knows, I LOVE fruit punch
    3. texture 5/5 very smooth, no clumps or excess at all
    4. pump n/a nothing I could notice at this point
    5. recovery tbd, tomorrow will be the test, as I will be up early for a run and I will let you know if the legs are made of jello

  7. dude this looks like an awesome product. hydrolized whey and leucine sounds like a great combo. i wanna get my hands on some
    BJJ = life

  8. Subbed! I think I'm gonna pick some of this up, really great price right now at Nutra.

    Good Luck AE14, hope it works great for you!
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  9. how much protein is there per serving? the description doesnt say
    BJJ = life

  10. 4g per scoop.
    •   
       


  11. ae, have you tried it yet?
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  12. Yes.... During my workout today

  13. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Yes.... During my workout today
    sorry, i had to go back and re-read that, lol. i hope it tastes as good as it smells.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  14. Back again, alittle delayed as I was at my nephews laser tag birthday party. Lots of little 10 year old boys

    Prior to the party, got in a real nice back and bi workout. Back can be a bit tricky for me so I focus on a lot of bodyweight exercises.
    5 sets of each of the following:
    wide grip chins
    hanging inverted rows
    standing modified rows
    db rows

    4 sets of each of
    hammer curls
    1arm preacher bench curls

    A few noticeable things to mention. I am greatly impressed by the mixability of the PsyKO. No joke....25 seconds and it has no residuals at all. In terms of the recovery, my legs are sore no doubt, but I think 2 day (tomorrow)will be quite telling for legs

  15. just finished putting in almost an hour on the treadmill. Legs are still stiff, but nothing too noticeable. Damn, I hate waking up earlier than expected and being on the treadmill at 3:40am for no good reason

  16. In....... AE doing a log.... EPIC!!!!

  17. Wait for me i got my ticket for the ride

  18. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    On to PsyKO
    1. Mixability 5/5 no issue what so ever. In fact, gave it a shake for about 10-15 seconds, and the entire powder was mixed thoroughly, no residual at all
    2. taste 4/5 this is obviously quite subjective, but the fruity flavor was not over powering or too sweet. However, it was not a fruit punch flavor imo. Still good, but as anyone who has ever followed any of my logs before knows, I LOVE fruit punch
    3. texture 5/5 very smooth, no clumps or excess at all
    4. pump n/a nothing I could notice at this point
    5. recovery tbd, tomorrow will be the test, as I will be up early for a run and I will let you know if the legs are made of jello
    very detailed, thank you for that!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    dude this looks like an awesome product. hydrolized whey and leucine sounds like a great combo. i wanna get my hands on some
    Agreed bro, it really is an excellent combo... hydrolized whey is underrated

  20. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    very detailed, thank you for that!
    it is my pleasure

  21. today was shoulder day. pretty solid overall

    3 sets of standing press
    4 sets db press
    4 sets db shrugs
    4 sets lateral raises

    Drank my PsyKO during the workout. I cannot stress enough the ease in which this mixes. I know that leucine is a pain in the butt sometimes to mix, but this is entirely different. After 20 seconds, no clumps at all. Also the texture is interesting, as it is a mix between a protein shake and the run of the mill intra w/o shake.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    today was shoulder day. pretty solid overall

    3 sets of standing press
    4 sets db press
    4 sets db shrugs
    4 sets lateral raises

    Drank my PsyKO during the workout. I cannot stress enough the ease in which this mixes. I know that leucine is a pain in the butt sometimes to mix, but this is entirely different. After 20 seconds, no clumps at all. Also the texture is interesting, as it is a mix between a protein shake and the run of the mill intra w/o shake.
    are you shaking in a mixer cup of just stirring?
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  23. shaker cup

  24. how is the energy during workouts? are you lasting longer? this seems like a good product for $30 or so but i couldnt spend more than that
    BJJ = life

  25. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    how is the energy during workouts? are you lasting longer? this seems like a good product for $30 or so but i couldnt spend more than that
    I have not seen any indication of greater than normal energy. My workouts seem fairly consistent with those previous, I will say though, I am noticing a "less sore" feeling the following days after more strenuous workouts.

  26. Will be back lifting today with back and bi's. Should actually get home a little early which hopefully will give a greater workout

  27. A little back/bi's today. Had a real solid workout and noticed a slightly better pump than usual. Also, forearm vascularity was far more pronounced than it typically is.

    5 sets per
    underhand chins
    bb rows
    rack pulls

    4 sets per
    seated incline curls
    hammer curls
    concentration curls

    Additionally, the flavor is starting to grow on me the more that I consume it. I dont know how the classify the flavor. It is a nice, subtle flavor, but not necessarily fruit punch.

    So far I am quite pleased with what I am seeing. It is an easy drink to both make and sip during the workout. Furthermore, the recovery period for harder workouts seems to shrink while I have been using this.

    More to come tomorrow with chest/tris

  28. i agree, i really like the taste-but it is hard to describe.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  29. back again with chest and tris

    8 sets incline bp
    5 sets flat bp
    4 sets incline db press

    supersetting db tri ext 10 sets total

    I feel good, had a lot of energy and not feeling fatigued at all. I will say that I feel full (stomach) while drinking this, which I assume has got to be related to the protein content

  30. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    back again with chest and tris

    8 sets incline bp
    5 sets flat bp
    4 sets incline db press

    supersetting db tri ext 10 sets total

    I feel good, had a lot of energy and not feeling fatigued at all. I will say that I feel full (stomach) while drinking this, which I assume has got to be related to the protein content
    agreed, i am noticing much the same.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Am I PSYKO enough
    By double s in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 09:40 PM
  2. Officer PsyKo
    By StackedCop in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 07:13 PM
  3. MidwestBeast's (new!) CL Purple Psyko Log (sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 12:20 AM
  4. MidwestBeast's Controlled Labs Purple Psyko Review (sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 04:19 PM
  5. Purple PSYKO™
    By RenegadeRows in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Log in
Log in