AE has gon PsyKO (Sponsored)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A big thank you to RR and to the CL team for giving me a container of the new Purple PsyKO, and additionally several samples as well (pleasant surprise). I am currently at 198lbs as of this am, and am looking to go down to 190-192 if possible.

It has been a while since I have run a consistent log, so I am looking forward to running this for a month. Here is a rundown of what a typical lifting week for me looks like:

Monday: Shoulders
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: Back and bis
Thursday: Chest and tris
Friday: Legs
Saturday: Back and bis
Sunday: Chest and tris

I have just gotten back into the swing of things recently after being given the ok from my back surgeon. Didnt need surgery, but there was some fairly severe damage done, but little could be done to fix it, so it was back to what I love to do :)

Additionally....I also do fasted am cardio every morning at 4am. I will update regularly and address the following
1. mixability/texture
2. taste
3. recovery

Looking forward to tomorrow.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i bet psyko would really shine on fasted cardio. look forward to your log.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

Had a solid leg/calf workout today. Then spent the following 15 minutes working my back and hams with the foam roller. I focused my leg workout around 3 specific exercises

1. back squat
2. zercher squats
3. standing calf raises

My weights did not go above 225lbds (although sets were typically at 15) I cant go too heavy on legs due to the back, but got a nice burn and pump.

On to PsyKO
1. Mixability 5/5 no issue what so ever. In fact, gave it a shake for about 10-15 seconds, and the entire powder was mixed thoroughly, no residual at all
2. taste 4/5 this is obviously quite subjective, but the fruity flavor was not over powering or too sweet. However, it was not a fruit punch flavor imo. Still good, but as anyone who has ever followed any of my logs before knows, I LOVE fruit punch
3. texture 5/5 very smooth, no clumps or excess at all
4. pump n/a nothing I could notice at this point
5. recovery tbd, tomorrow will be the test, as I will be up early for a run and I will let you know if the legs are made of jello

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
dude this looks like an awesome product. hydrolized whey and leucine sounds like a great combo. i wanna get my hands on some

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed! I think I'm gonna pick some of this up, really great price right now at Nutra.

Good Luck AE14, hope it works great for you!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
how much protein is there per serving? the description doesnt say

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ae, have you tried it yet?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes.... During my workout today

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes.... During my workout today
sorry, i had to go back and re-read that, lol. i hope it tastes as good as it smells.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back again, alittle delayed as I was at my nephews laser tag birthday party. Lots of little 10 year old boys

Prior to the party, got in a real nice back and bi workout. Back can be a bit tricky for me so I focus on a lot of bodyweight exercises.
5 sets of each of the following:
wide grip chins
hanging inverted rows
standing modified rows
db rows

4 sets of each of
hammer curls
1arm preacher bench curls

A few noticeable things to mention. I am greatly impressed by the mixability of the PsyKO. No joke....25 seconds and it has no residuals at all. In terms of the recovery, my legs are sore no doubt, but I think 2 day (tomorrow)will be quite telling for legs

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just finished putting in almost an hour on the treadmill. Legs are still stiff, but nothing too noticeable. Damn, I hate waking up earlier than expected and being on the treadmill at 3:40am for no good reason

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
On to PsyKO
1. Mixability 5/5 no issue what so ever. In fact, gave it a shake for about 10-15 seconds, and the entire powder was mixed thoroughly, no residual at all
2. taste 4/5 this is obviously quite subjective, but the fruity flavor was not over powering or too sweet. However, it was not a fruit punch flavor imo. Still good, but as anyone who has ever followed any of my logs before knows, I LOVE fruit punch
3. texture 5/5 very smooth, no clumps or excess at all
4. pump n/a nothing I could notice at this point
5. recovery tbd, tomorrow will be the test, as I will be up early for a run and I will let you know if the legs are made of jello
very detailed, thank you for that!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
dude this looks like an awesome product. hydrolized whey and leucine sounds like a great combo. i wanna get my hands on some
Agreed bro, it really is an excellent combo... hydrolized whey is underrated

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
today was shoulder day. pretty solid overall

3 sets of standing press
4 sets db press
4 sets db shrugs
4 sets lateral raises

Drank my PsyKO during the workout. I cannot stress enough the ease in which this mixes. I know that leucine is a pain in the butt sometimes to mix, but this is entirely different. After 20 seconds, no clumps at all. Also the texture is interesting, as it is a mix between a protein shake and the run of the mill intra w/o shake.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
today was shoulder day. pretty solid overall

3 sets of standing press
4 sets db press
4 sets db shrugs
4 sets lateral raises

Drank my PsyKO during the workout. I cannot stress enough the ease in which this mixes. I know that leucine is a pain in the butt sometimes to mix, but this is entirely different. After 20 seconds, no clumps at all. Also the texture is interesting, as it is a mix between a protein shake and the run of the mill intra w/o shake.
are you shaking in a mixer cup of just stirring?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
how is the energy during workouts? are you lasting longer? this seems like a good product for $30 or so but i couldnt spend more than that

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how is the energy during workouts? are you lasting longer? this seems like a good product for $30 or so but i couldnt spend more than that
I have not seen any indication of greater than normal energy. My workouts seem fairly consistent with those previous, I will say though, I am noticing a "less sore" feeling the following days after more strenuous workouts.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will be back lifting today with back and bi's. Should actually get home a little early which hopefully will give a greater workout

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A little back/bi's today. Had a real solid workout and noticed a slightly better pump than usual. Also, forearm vascularity was far more pronounced than it typically is.

5 sets per
underhand chins
bb rows
rack pulls

4 sets per
seated incline curls
hammer curls
concentration curls

Additionally, the flavor is starting to grow on me the more that I consume it. I dont know how the classify the flavor. It is a nice, subtle flavor, but not necessarily fruit punch.

So far I am quite pleased with what I am seeing. It is an easy drink to both make and sip during the workout. Furthermore, the recovery period for harder workouts seems to shrink while I have been using this.

More to come tomorrow with chest/tris

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i agree, i really like the taste-but it is hard to describe.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
back again with chest and tris

8 sets incline bp
5 sets flat bp
4 sets incline db press

supersetting db tri ext 10 sets total

I feel good, had a lot of energy and not feeling fatigued at all. I will say that I feel full (stomach) while drinking this, which I assume has got to be related to the protein content

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
back again with chest and tris

8 sets incline bp
5 sets flat bp
4 sets incline db press

supersetting db tri ext 10 sets total

I feel good, had a lot of energy and not feeling fatigued at all. I will say that I feel full (stomach) while drinking this, which I assume has got to be related to the protein content
agreed, i am noticing much the same.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a modified leg workout this afternoon. The reason being that my daughter has a playdate all day (still ongoing) and I have been running around with them. I never realized how tired I would be with two 8 year olds tear a$$ing through the house.

Should get a good indication about the DOM reduction tomorrow and Sunday

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decided yesterday to hit a bit of back, specifically with deads. I figured, even if my legs were toast, I didnt care, I was really in the mood.

Bear in mind I have not done deads in 2 months due to my back. I was pleased throughout the workout, as I was very energetic and was still able to pull a good amount of weight. Here is a rundown of the rest of the back/bi day

8 sets dl
4 sets bb rows
4 sets chins

4 sets bb curls
4 sets hammer curls

had a good pump, sustained energy, and again my forearms were vascular as hell

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didnt get the opportunity to write in my chest workout from yesterday. Was really surprised at the fact that my strength was still up, as I have not gone "heavy" in quite some time on chest. I was able to do 2 sets for a few reps per at 315lbs weighing only 197lbs

6 sets flat bp
5 sets incline bp
4 sets flat flyes

6 sets cg bp
4 sets jm press

Energy was very good. I was very amped up again for some reason, completely unknown to me.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Happy to see you tried deads again. mustve been a good feeling the next day :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
very stiff in the upper back...but so worth it

had a nice shoulder workout today

5 sets db press
5 sets bb shrugs
4 sets lateral raises
4 sets standing bb press

once again, my energy was quite good as was my aggression (not sure if that is related)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will be back again this afternoon for back and bis. Yesterday was my off lifting day. Also just finished by fasted cardio. A good 45 minutes on the treadmill at the highest incline (12%)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a real nice workout of back and bi's

5 sets of the following
wide grip chins
db rows
bb rows
hanging inverted rows

4 sets:
hammer curls
standing alternating curls

Once again, more positive things to say regarding psyko. this is far and away the best mixing intra w/o supp I have tried. The taste has continually grown on me, and to be honest I was not too hyped on it originally. My doms are at a minimum if hardly noticeable at all.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Had a real nice workout of back and bi's

5 sets of the following
wide grip chins
db rows
bb rows
hanging inverted rows

4 sets:
hammer curls
standing alternating curls

Once again, more positive things to say regarding psyko. this is far and away the best mixing intra w/o supp I have tried. The taste has continually grown on me, and to be honest I was not too hyped on it originally. My doms are at a minimum if hardly noticeable at all.
Barely noticeable DOMs, wow, this is great news. That means your recovering at a phenomenal rate, allowing you to possibly hit your muscle groups harder or more often with no increase in recovery time :)

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Seems like a good product, going to have to try sum sometime

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Real strong chest/tri lift today

8 sets
Incline bp 2 sets of 295lbs 3 reps

4 sets
flat flyes
suspended pushups

superset
db tri ext (4 sets per weight)

tris got quite fatigued after the last superset. I am hoping that I will get a good feel for whether or not the doms will kick in tomorrow or not

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right off the bat, my chest was sore as hell which was very rare. I actually was quite pleased by that however, as it means that I must have hit it harder than originally thought and in a different way.

Yesterday I hit legs in a modified workout, as it was a bit shorter than I had hoped.

12 sets of bench squats
I stuck with this exercise only as I got a good feeling pump going, and really seemed to be motoring along. In many workouts I try to go with what my body is telling me to do.

Today I will hit some deads again :) then some bi's

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a real nice back/bi workout. Was able to pull well, which was great considering the break I had to take a few weeks back

8 sets dl
4 sets underhand chins
5 sets bb rows

4 sets bb curls using fat grippz
4 sets hammer curls.

Felt great, quite energetic and aggressive. Pump was solid as well as my vascarity being through the roof. Going to weigh in tomorrow to get a sense of overall results.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Different chest and tri day as I spent the morning in the ER. Nothing of any severity.

Here was the workout
8 sets flat bp
5 sets incline bp
4 sets incline flyes

7 sets cg bp

pump was great, and my intensity was very strong as well, part of which was an annoyance with the ER.

Not sure if I will be able to lift tomorrow, as I found out I have a meeting at work in the afternoon that will delay me a bit.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks man, I have been very pleased. My major focal point with psyko was dom related, and thus far it has performed as I had hoped.

Didnt get a chance to lift today, as I was tied into a meeting later than I had hoped. Wont be lifting again until wednesday as Tuesday is my day off, and is also my bday tomorrow :woohoo: