Whats the best creatine supplement out there? - AnabolicMinds.com

Whats the best creatine supplement out there?

  1. New Member
    hawaiijedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    128

    Reputation

    Whats the best creatine supplement out there?


    I was just wondering whats the latest and greatest creatine out there...the last one I tried was green magnitude...also I have been using usp labs prime and pink magic and think they both are bunk!!! any thoughts??

  2. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,155
    Rep Power
    193997

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    I was just wondering whats the latest and greatest creatine out there...the last one I tried was green magnitude...also I have been using usp labs prime and pink magic and think they both are bunk!!! any thoughts??
    Take a moment to do a SEARCH because this question has been asked over and over lately.

    As for the "best" creatine supplement, answers you get are going to be specific to individuals' experiences with different products, and there is no "best" product for everyone.

    Before you go around saying how "bunk" products are, make sure you were using the product/s properly, with your nutrition and training on target for your goals, doing everything possible to optimize your results.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    mball52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    207

    Reputation

    creatine depends on the person imho. i have taken a few, but my favorite is the creatine you can buy at walmart believe it or not. in one tub, i went from benching 225 1-2 times depending on the day, to 6 times. its all about how you make use of the supplement you are taking, because they are just that. supplements.
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,816
    Rep Power
    4270485

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Be careful with that question. This board has a ton of Sponsors and you will surely bait some of them with that question. It's almost like going into GNC and asking that....
  5. New Member
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    386

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    I was just wondering whats the latest and greatest creatine out there...the last one I tried was green magnitude...also I have been using usp labs prime and pink magic and think they both are bunk!!! any thoughts??
    Thing with Creatine is you have to stick it out for more than 4 weeks to usually see progress.

    I have always been told Creatine Monohydrate by someone on another forum I have very high regard for. Anything made with creapure should be what you look for in the monohydrate version. Anything less than creapure is likely a lower grade creatine and quite frankly you get what you pay for.

    I tried Kre-Alk, but only for 4 weeks and I bailed since I saw nothing.

    Another thing with ANY creatine is make sure you water in take is up. At least 1 gallon a day preferably more. Also keep in mind to cycle off for 4 weeks after 2 weeks of sustained creatine usage.

    Gl bud.
  6. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,155
    Rep Power
    193997

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    ...Also keep in mind to cycle off for 4 weeks after 2 weeks of sustained creatine usage.
    Why? Your creatine muscle levels return to baseline in ~3 weeks of not using it, and if you only use for if you cycle off for four weeks after every two weeks of use you're not even allowing your creatine muscle threshold to be reached (since it takes ~3 weeks of 5g a day for creatine muscle threshold to be reached), and therefore may as well NOT be using creatine.

    The same as creatine loading, creatine cycling is NOT necessary and inadvisable, IMO. Once your creatine muscle threshold is reached - and I do recommend only using ~5g a day for it - 2-3g a day is all one needs to use to maintain them. Creatine can be used CHRONICALLY ON A DAILY BASIS - I've personally used it almost daily for seven years and it has not had any detrimental effect on my body (and yes, I have had the regular bloods to show that).

    I suggest that you THINK before making recommendations in the future.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,233
    Rep Power
    622648

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Why? Your creatine muscle levels return to baseline in ~3 weeks of not using it, and if you only use for if you cycle off for four weeks after every two weeks of use you're not even allowing your creatine muscle threshold to be reached (since it takes ~3 weeks of 5g a day for creatine muscle threshold to be reached), and therefore may as well NOT be using creatine.

    The same as creatine loading, creatine cycling is NOT necessary and inadvisable, IMO. Once your creatine muscle threshold is reached - and I do recommend only using ~5g a day for it - 2-3g a day is all one needs to use to maintain them. Creatine can be used CHRONICALLY ON A DAILY BASIS - I've personally used it almost daily for seven years and it has not had any detrimental effect on my body (and yes, I have had the regular bloods to show that).

    I suggest that you THINK before making recommendations in the future.

    ~Rosie~
    It's 4 weeks, and there are multiple reasons to cycle off creatine occasionally.

    I suggest that you THINK before you make blanket recommendations.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

  8. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,155
    Rep Power
    193997

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    It's 4 weeks, and there are multiple reasons to cycle off creatine occasionally.

    I suggest that you THINK before you make blanket recommendations.
    He said, "...cycle off for 4 weeks after 2 weeks of sustained creatine usage" - if he meant to say "...cycle off for 2 weeks after 4 weeks of sustained creatine usage", then he should have said that.

    My recommendations were not blanket, but based on personal experience, opinion, and science - as I mentioned, "The same as creatine loading, creatine cycling is NOT necessary and inadvisable, IMO." People may have personal reasons to cycle off creatine, but there is no need for it.

    I suggest you READ what people write

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135803

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    APS creatine is great for pre workout pumps.

  10. Board Sponsor
    Royd The Noyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,233
    Rep Power
    622648

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    He said, "...cycle off for 4 weeks after 2 weeks of sustained creatine usage" - if he meant to say "...cycle off for 2 weeks after 4 weeks of sustained creatine usage", then he should have said that.

    My recommendations were not blanket, but based on personal experience, opinion, and science - as I mentioned, "The same as creatine loading, creatine cycling is NOT necessary and inadvisable, IMO." People may have personal reasons to cycle off creatine, but there is no need for it.

    I suggest you READ what people write

    ~Rosie~
    Cycling off creatine for two weeks would not reduce intramuscular creatine concentration to baseline. So his post makes just as much sense as your interpretation if not more.

    There absolutely is a need for people to cycle off creatine. There, I just made a blanket statement similar to yours.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

  11. New Member
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    386

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Why? Your creatine muscle levels return to baseline in ~3 weeks of not using it, and if you only use for if you cycle off for four weeks after every two weeks of use you're not even allowing your creatine muscle threshold to be reached (since it takes ~3 weeks of 5g a day for creatine muscle threshold to be reached), and therefore may as well NOT be using creatine.

    The same as creatine loading, creatine cycling is NOT necessary and inadvisable, IMO. Once your creatine muscle threshold is reached - and I do recommend only using ~5g a day for it - 2-3g a day is all one needs to use to maintain them. Creatine can be used CHRONICALLY ON A DAILY BASIS - I've personally used it almost daily for seven years and it has not had any detrimental effect on my body (and yes, I have had the regular bloods to show that).

    I suggest that you THINK before making recommendations in the future.

    ~Rosie~
    Was simply a typo on my side so forgive me. As stated I said you should expect to supp greater than 4 weeks to see results so what I meant to say was 2 months (8 weeks). Many go to to 3 months (12 weeks), but than cycle off 4 and this is widely recommended.

    It is believed taking excess creatine for a short period of time (4-8 weeks) may temporarily increase your creatine phosphate stores but after a while your body's feedback mechanisms will likely place some time of control on creatine phosphate storage to bring the levels back down to normal. This mechanism may be to decrease your body's own production of creatine or to downgrade the number receptors that admit creatine into the cell.

    Taking time off from creatine can help bring your body's equilibrium back into a state where in taking excess creatine will be beneficial again. Just to be clear I know of no studies to back this theory up with, it could be right or wrong, I am just merely applying a knowledge of biochemistry to a question to which there is no good answer to yet.
  12. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,155
    Rep Power
    193997

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    Was simply a typo on my side so forgive me. As stated I said you should expect to supp greater than 4 weeks to see results so what I meant to say was 2 months (8 weeks). Many go to to 3 months (12 weeks), but than cycle off 4 and this is widely recommended.

    It is believed taking excess creatine for a short period of time (4-8 weeks) may temporarily increase your creatine phosphate stores but after a while your body's feedback mechanisms will likely place some time of control on creatine phosphate storage to bring the levels back down to normal. This mechanism may be to decrease your body's own production of creatine or to downgrade the number receptors that admit creatine into the cell.

    Taking time off from creatine can help bring your body's equilibrium back into a state where in taking excess creatine will be beneficial again. Just to be clear I know of no studies to back this theory up with, it could be right or wrong, I am just merely applying a knowledge of biochemistry to a question to which there is no good answer to yet.
    Thanks for clearing up the typo.

    What is your definition of "excess" creatine? Taking creatine (2-3g daily) to maintain your creatine muscle threshold once it is reached would not, IMO be classed as "excess" creatine - using more than 5g of creatine daily once your creatine muscle threshold is reached would be, IMO, using "excess" creatine, since it is more than required.

    As I said before, once your creatine muscle threshold (150-160 mmol/kg/dw) has been reached, it cannot be saturated further. Once your creatine muscle threshold has been reached, it can be MAINTAINED at threshold with supplementation of 2-3g of creatine daily (Burke, et al., 2006; Harris, Soderlund & Hultman, 1992).

    I've seen no studies mentioning this personal theory of yours, and if it were indeed true, there would have no doubt been many by now.

    I think perhaps you mean "external" and not "excess"? Either way, this is way off topic from the question asked by the OP, so I will end my comments in this thread here.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  13. New Member
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    386

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Thanks for clearing up the typo.

    What is your definition of "excess" creatine? Taking creatine (2-3g daily) to maintain your creatine muscle threshold once it is reached would not, IMO be classed as "excess" creatine - using more than 5g of creatine daily once your creatine muscle threshold is reached would be, IMO, using "excess" creatine, since it is more than required.

    As I said before, once your creatine muscle threshold (150-160 mmol/kg/dw) has been reached, it cannot be saturated further. Once your creatine muscle threshold has been reached, it can be MAINTAINED at threshold with supplementation of 2-3g of creatine daily (Burke, et al., 2006; Harris, Soderlund & Hultman, 1992).

    I've seen no studies mentioning this personal theory of yours, and if it were indeed true, there would have no doubt been many by now.

    I think perhaps you mean "external" and not "excess"? Either way, this is way off topic from the question asked by the OP, so I will end my comments in this thread here.

    ~Rosie~
    I do read and understand what I read so no need for caps when dealing with me. And I agree this got off track, but a healthy discussion is always a good thing compared to "what is the best creatine" as it provides some support information as well and what i consider to be a healthy discussion right?

    Using acronyms in your statements like IMO raises speculation that you have your own theory as well and in fact you are stating opinion. We are all entitled to our own opinions that is what makes open forums so great.

    Since you want to quote sources of research possibly you should check this source one out as it is a little more recent? Granted it does make the comment there is no "proof" long term use is a bad thing, but it certainly will make you possibly re-think your stance or at least give anyone else who reads this thread something to think about besides your words or mine.

    Mol Cell Biochem 1998 Jul;184(1-2):427-37

    Bottom line is it states as you reach saturation levels the synthesis of creatine transporters declines and even stops depending on the amount of creatine ingested over time.

    Now if your diet is completely devoid of creatine (unlikely). You may be on to something at your smaller daily small dose not having long term affects,but you also could be very wrong.

    For my own hypothesis (as you would call it) I would believe cycling off any supplement would never put you at any risk (unless you have to supplement due to medical reasons of course) while your method of using it indefinitely very well may do so.

    I guess we can agree to disagree with points made on both sides of the argument. I guess I will consider myself as not having been terminated...yet.

    Thanks for the discussion.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Whats Your Favorite Supplement/Supplement Stack?
    By R1balla in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
  2. Whats Your Favorite Supplement/Supplement Stack?
    By R1balla in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 09:51 AM
  3. Whats the best creatine
    By Jake Fires in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 03:05 PM
  4. Whats the best creatine?
    By norcalrydaz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
  5. Whats the Best Creatine Supplement?
    By cp001 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in