Endurance to the test with DRIVE! (Sponsored)

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
I'm a serious runner looking to improve my 5K/10K times and got a bottle of Drive to see what kind of results I can get. I got it in the mail yesterday and plan to take 4 a day, the minimum amount per the bottle. I will also be stacking this with Cordygen V02 but will only take it a few days leading up to a race. Look for me to update this a few times a week with my mileage per day and also with race results. Today I ran a 5K in 22:03, last week I got 21:49. I also ran another 8 miles after the race so I got 11 miles total today. I have been averaging 40 miles a week and hope to see some more improvements in endurance. Looking to get faster!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a serious runner looking to improve my 5K/10K times and got a bottle of Drive to see what kind of results I can get. I got it in the mail yesterday and plan to take 4 a day, the minimum amount per the bottle. I will also be stacking this with Cordygen V02 but will only take it a few days leading up to a race. Look for me to update this a few times a week with my mileage per day and also with race results. Today I ran a 5K in 22:03, last week I got 21:49. I also ran another 8 miles after the race so I got 11 miles total today. I have been averaging 40 miles a week and hope to see some more improvements in endurance. Looking to get faster!
Drive is a great product, and you'll definitely get endurance and speed endurance improvements with it. However, you are selling yourself short if you do not follow the dosing/timing directions that are optimal for YOUR body mass - there is a dosing chart on the product label; read it and follow it!

You're also selling yourself short by only dosing in the week pre-competition.

~Rosie~

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^ Agreed Rosie!

Many people use the dosing chart as a minimum amt based on size, I am sure that most increase the dose, I know I do. Dont wait to stack a week before the big race, your body needs to adapt to endurance events over a long stretch not in 7 days. The cardio may be improved but your muscles/tendons do n ot adapt as quickly so this could lead to injury.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ Agreed Rosie!

Many people use the dosing chart as a minimum amt based on size, I am sure that most increase the dose, I know I do. Dont wait to stack a week before the big race, your body needs to adapt to endurance events over a long stretch not in 7 days. The cardio may be improved but your muscles/tendons do n ot adapt as quickly so this could lead to injury.
Applied Nutriceuticals dosage recommendations re bodyweight are not "a minimum amount based on size" - they are the OPTIMAL dosage for results for that bodyweight. Increasing the dosage does not mean that the product/s will work any better, and in some cases, it can be detrimental. The only effect from "over"dosing Drive would be that it could potentially kick in faster.

~Rosie~

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
Got in 6 miles at a 9:00/mile pace and felt great, looking to hit 40-42 miles for the week. I took 4 Drive capsules today, no Cordygen. As far as dosing Drive, I weight 171, right in between the 2 and 3 caps a day. I've read that it takes some time to see the effects of Drive, and I wanted to try and make the bottle last longer so hopefully I can see some results. But if increasing the dosage would speed up seeing results, then I'll go with six a day. As far as the Cordygen, the bottle says to take 2-3 caps 45 min.-1 hour before an endurance event, nothing about taking everyday. Open to opinions.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got in 6 miles at a 9:00/mile pace and felt great, looking to hit 40-42 miles for the week. I took 4 Drive capsules today, no Cordygen. As far as dosing Drive, I weight 171, right in between the 2 and 3 caps a day. I've read that it takes some time to see the effects of Drive, and I wanted to try and make the bottle last longer so hopefully I can see some results. But if increasing the dosage would speed up seeing results, then I'll go with six a day. As far as the Cordygen, the bottle says to take 2-3 caps 45 min.-1 hour before an endurance event, nothing about taking everyday. Open to opinions.
I'm not sure where you get that at 171 pounds you should be dosing Drive at only 2-3 caps a day - not even I would dose as low as 2-3 caps a day.

You DO realize that you dose TWICE daily, and that each dosage given is for that dosage, yes?

At your bodyweight you should be dosing 3 caps of Drive twice daily. Dosing less will mean you are not going to get the optimal effects from the product, and overdosing it does not mean that your effects will be any better.

Drive takes 7-10 days to kick in for males at the optimal dosage for their bodyweight.

~Rosie~

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I have been taking 4 a day and meant to type that but will increase to 3 cap's twice a day for a total of 6, don't know what I was thinking when I was typing. Will update later with my miles.

D

damnglass

Awards
in on this,i got a bunch of drive that i might stack with man blueprint and lean xtreme,now theirs an endurance cutting stack:)

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
in on this,i got a bunch of drive that i might stack with man blueprint and lean xtreme,now theirs an endurance cutting stack:)
I am in the same boat. From Australia I am currently ruining the 10km in 35:08. So you can do the maths per mile lol...
What are you guys eating????? I'm now on lean extreme and am looking at getting rpm and drive stack and cryogen v02 by friday. Drive and rpm suggested by Rosie and I'm looking forward to
Seeing my times get better

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Am doing the rpm and drive stack. Thanks for advice

I'm not sure where you get that at 171 pounds you should be dosing Drive at only 2-3 caps a day - not even I would dose as low as 2-3 caps a day.

You DO realize that you dose TWICE daily, and that each dosage given is for that dosage, yes?

At your bodyweight you should be dosing 3 caps of Drive twice daily. Dosing less will mean you are not going to get the optimal effects from the product, and overdosing it does not mean that your effects will be any better.

Drive takes 7-10 days to kick in for males at the optimal dosage for their bodyweight.

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in the same boat. From Australia I am currently ruining the 10km in 35:08. So you can do the maths per mile lol...
What are you guys eating????? I'm now on lean extreme and am looking at getting rpm and drive stack and cryogen v02 by friday. Drive and rpm suggested by Rosie and I'm looking forward to
Seeing my times get better
If you're a competitive runner, then your nutrition is very important re performance, not just what supplements you are using. If you have a coach, then they should be guiding you re nutrition pre, during, and post-competition, as well as in training to get the best re performance.

If you're only a recreational runner, your 10km pace is fine. If you're a competitive runner, then to get faster, you need to run, period, and your training programme should be tailored towards improving performance - if you're training correctly, you will improve, period.

As far as what anyone else is eating, as it pertains to you is irrelevant, since your nutrition needs to be catered specifically towards YOU.

~Rosie~

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I spoke with my coach.
He said to eat clean, lean proteins,small portion of complex carbs and larger fibrous carb and small amount of fat at each meal. Pre workout is now 1/4 cup oatmeal with 10g whey for aminos and energy. Post w/o is a banana and a wpi shake

2900kcal a day minimum.lots of water and he is not fussed on a stim pre running to give me a kick

Thanks Rosie for helping me what u may say "get off my ass" and go and ask
:)

If you're a competitive runner, then your nutrition is very important re performance, not just what supplements you are using. If you have a coach, then they should be guiding you re nutrition pre, during, and post-competition, as well as in training to get the best re performance.

If you're only a recreational runner, your 10km pace is fine. If you're a competitive runner, then to get faster, you need to run, period, and your training programme should be tailored towards improving performance - if you're training correctly, you will improve, period.

As far as what anyone else is eating, as it pertains to you is irrelevant, since your nutrition needs to be catered specifically towards YOU.

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I spoke with my coach.
He said to eat clean, lean proteins,small portion of complex carbs and larger fibrous carb and small amount of fat at each meal. Pre workout is now 1/4 cup oatmeal with 10g whey for aminos and energy. Post w/o is a banana and a wpi shake

2900kcal a day minimum.lots of water and he is not fussed on a stim pre running to give me a kick

Thanks Rosie for helping me what u may say "get off my ass" and go and ask
:)
Good! That's something you should have done a long time ago :slap:

No worries :) Happy to give you a :buttkick:

~Rosie~

~Rosie~

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
in buddy, sorry for the lat entrance!

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
I got 7 miles yesterday, and took today off. FYI, I'm a former fattie turned runner who decided last year to get competitive. My gains have been slow, been putting quite a bit of speed work in.
About the diet, everyone's going to be different. I can tell you I mainly follow a high carb, moderate protein, and low fat diet with plenty of fish oil. My calorie intake depends on my training that day, but have been staying close to maintenance trying to maximize endurance gains.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have mod carb intake,mod protein,low fat.carbs for some reason and coach doesn't know why but I bloat and look puffy after eating say half a cup cooked brown rice at lunch with chicken and brocolli...feel weird

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have mod carb intake,mod protein,low fat.carbs for some reason and coach doesn't know why but I bloat and look puffy after eating say half a cup cooked brown rice at lunch with chicken and brocolli...feel weird
I feel like crap after having brown rice as well - use BASMATI rice instead and you should feel a whole lot better!

~Rosie~

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I feel like crap after having brown rice as well - use BASMATI rice instead and you should feel a whole lot better!

~Rosie~
Is that still low GI. What is the best low GI carb available?struggling to find something that will Satisfy an hour run at 4:00min a km

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that still low GI. What is the best low GI carb available?struggling to find something that will Satisfy an hour run at 4:00min a km
Yes, basmati rice is low GI.

If you want to know the GI of different foods, then I recommend looking for a table on the net, or get a book that contains GI tables - there's plenty of sources out there.

Sounds like you need to experiment to find out what your optimal pre-training meal time is for best performance.

~Rosie~

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yes, basmati rice is low GI.

If you want to know the GI of different foods, then I recommend looking for a table on the net, or get a book that contains GI tables - there's plenty of sources out there.

Sounds like you need to experiment to find out what your optimal pre-training meal time is for best performance.

~Rosie~
Green apple...yum but I thought fructose was not a good source pre workout

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Green apple...yum but I thought fructose was not a good source pre workout
Like I said, you need to experiment to find what's best for YOU. Wouldn't be amiss to educate yourself more on nutrition as well, instead of relying on others for information all the time - if you're serious about your sport, then you'll be doing your own research as well, asking constant questions as to what and why your coach does what they do with you and recommends. The top athletes don't get where they are by just doing whatever someone else says with no knowledge of the reason WHY.

~Rosie~

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Everything is so contradicting with information.i read too much

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everything is so contradicting with information.i read too much
You learn to sift out the truth from all the sh*t. This is also why you should be asking why with everything your coach has you doing and advises - so you know all the ins and outs of WHY and WHAT you are doing!

~Rosie~

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ok.magazines,sports nutitiom system books.all contradict each other but I guess it's what sounds the better when broken down. My dilemma is that I need to lose 2-3kg for optimum running weight for racing and the question really is "how am I going to drop weight if I'm taking in glycogen to supply the exercise. That will not lead to any weight loss or subcontious fat loss but staying idle...I k ow I need to ask my coch but nutrition is not his s best side.he focuses more on functional areas of running I.e movement and relaxing when running through the hips

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok.magazines,sports nutitiom system books.all contradict each other but I guess it's what sounds the better when broken down. My dilemma is that I need to lose 2-3kg for optimum running weight for racing and the question really is "how am I going to drop weight if I'm taking in glycogen to supply the exercise. That will not lead to any weight loss or subcontious fat loss but staying idle...I k ow I need to ask my coch but nutrition is not his s best side.he focuses more on functional areas of running I.e movement and relaxing when running through the hips
Who said you need to lose 2-3kg for optimum running weight? Weight is not the be all or end all for optimal running performance. SCALE weight is not what you should look at anyways - BODY COMPOSITION is.

Work on improving your performance and optimize your running that way. Look at your running technique - changing that to be optimal will make a difference to your performance. In fact, there are many factors excluding weight loss that can make a difference to your running performance.

Eating correctly and fueling your body is not going to be detrimental to your performance - on the other hand, starving yourself and being stupid with your nutrition WILL be. If you get your nutrition right, you can lose bodyfat (BODY COMPOSITION is important - SCALE WEIGHT is IRrelevant and means nothing) but maintain or even improve your performance - it's really not that hard.

~Rosie~

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm at about 9.5% bf. Got pinch tested.technique is what my coach focuses on. Thanks Rosie :)

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
I got in 4 good miles at tempo pace Wednesday and 7 yesterday at a easy pace. I may got to a 5K race tomorrow, will be 7 days on Drive then. Will report times if I go! Also possible bad news, my ITB started acting up in my right leg yesterday, first time in 7 months. I pray it doesn't come back, I dealt with it for a month last year. It completely sidelined me then, I went to the gym last night and did some hip exercises and plan to stretch!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully it passes over! Anything to note from drive thus far dealing with mood, sleep, energy, endurance, etc?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Bump. Looking forward to results. Have you considered a massage? Deep tissue massage? My ITBs are extremely tight and I get massaged on the calves and lower back to loosen and free that up first which gives me the ability to then try and free up the stagnant muscles which are tight through my hips. Hope you understand me.ask away If u are unsure :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully it passes over! Anything to note from drive thus far dealing with mood, sleep, energy, endurance, etc?
am i the only one who get a libido boost from drive?

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
Got a total of 19 miles in the last three days with some intervals. I didn't run any races this weekend, but plan to run a 5K this coming Saturday. I haven't noticed anything with Drive yet, but really looking forward to the race this weekend.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Got a total of 19 miles in the last three days with some intervals. I didn't run any races this weekend, but plan to run a 5K this coming Saturday. I haven't noticed anything with Drive yet, but really looking forward to the race this weekend.
nothing to note as far as libido and mood goes either? what's your dosage look like right now?

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
Dosage has been 6 caps a day and still noticed nothing. I'm taking a few other supps so can't say I'm feeling anything out of the ordinary. I didn't run any races this past weekend but have a 5K this Saturday for sure. I'm really hoping to get below 21:30 or so. I've ran a lot since my last post.

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
So the race went great, ended up setting a 6 second PR with 21:43 and could have done better had I maintained a faster pace early. 10K next weekend!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
So the race went great, ended up setting a 6 second PR with 21:43 and could have done better had I maintained a faster pace early. 10K next weekend!
Do you think drive has helped contribute to that personal best, 6 seconds is quite a bit to break a PR by? Any increased in air capacity or anything like that when running? Is the libido boost starting to kick in yet?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Do you think drive has helped contribute to that personal best, 6 seconds is quite a bit to break a PR by? Any increased in air capacity or anything like that when running? Is the libido boost starting to kick in yet?
i am curious also, i have always noticed good results when using drive-libido usually kicks in within the 1st couple of doses.

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys, will write more tomorrow. Been a bad week...