Dropping Fat and Adding Muscle w/ X-Factor Advanced (50 Day Log)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Dropping Fat and Adding Muscle w/ X-Factor Advanced (50 Day Log)



    MOLECULAR NUTRITION - X-FACTOR ADVANCED

    Goals : Gain muscle and lose fat. I donít really subscribe to the idea that I need to bulk up first, then cut later. I believe with X-Factor, proper nutrition, and a good training program, I can accomplish this goal. I have lost a good bit of fat over the last 4-5 months while gaining muscle, but have since plateaued (especially in terms of fat loss) for the most part.

    Starting weight : 205.7 lbs
    BF% : not sure...the Tanita scales I use are pretty worthless as far as accurately gauging bf% goes. Maybe some of those who follow this log can give me an estimate based on the before photos that I will post up.

    Measurements : I ordered a myotape this morning, so it should be here by Wednesday. Once it gets in, I will take my measurements.

    Diet : As a vegetarian, my protein comes primarily from milk, whey, casein, lentils, split peas, peanut butter, and cheese. I drink three protein shakes per day which combine : 1 serving of ON Whey and 1 serving of ON Casein mixed in 2% milk. My other three meals usually consist of lentils or split peas, asparagus or green beans, and a few slices of cheese. I also try to fit in one salad and a couple of teaspoons of peanut butter.

    Training : I am strictly a garage trainer and a have a relatively decent set up that allows me to get everything done at home. My split will look like this for a few weeks:

    Chest/Back
    Legs
    Biceps/Triceps
    Shoulders/Abs

    *My arms are a trouble spot and donít grow very easily, so I plan to put special emphasis on these muscle groups
    *Glutes are also a trouble spot even though quads are naturally large and respond well, so I will use a lot of exercises to focus on this : SLDL's, lunges, and hip extensions primarily.
    * I get sore pretty easily, so I may have to eventually adjust my routine and off days if there is a significant increase in DOMS.

    Other supplements : SNS Beta Alanine (3g per day), SNS Magnesium Creatine (2.5g's per day) Betancourt FullDose Multi, Now EGCG (3xís per day)

    Today (Day 1) is an off day, but I went ahead and started loading the X-Factor in. I took 2 caps this morning and will take two this evening.

  2. Day 2 + More Starting Stats


    Dosing Strategy : 2 caps AM, 1 cap midday, 2 caps pre-workout

    Measurements:

    Chest : 45.5
    Arms : 15.25
    Forearms : 12.5
    Legs : 25.75
    Waist : 36.5

    Off day today. Will hit chest and back tomorrow.
    •   
       


  3. As you can see here (picture in next post), I need to lose the last stubborn pounds of fat as well as add some lean muscle. Hopefully the next 50 days will take care of this.

    Chest and back tonight; I'm looking forward to getting this log going and making this X-Factor cycle as productive as possible.

    I went to the grocery and got all the supplies I need. Since I have plateaued in terms of fat loss, I plan to eat right at maintenance even though I am planning to continue cutting slowly. No more low carb days, though, and no more eating below maintenance. I feel like this will be more beneficial for fat loss since my leptin levels have probably plummeted significantly over the last several months of dieting.

    I'm aiming for 2300-2500 calories on off days and about 2800-3000 calories on workout days.

  4. Before - March 7, 2011
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. I postponed yesterday's workout and did it today since I was busy with a million different things last night.

    Chest / Back

    weighted push ups - 5 sets of 12 w/ 50lb backpack
    dumbell flyes - 4 sets of 10 w/ 45lbs
    dumbell pullovers - 4 sets of 15 w/ 45lbs

    DB Rows - 5 sets of 12 w/ 50lbs
    Pullup negatives - 4 sets of 12-15
    Barbell shrugs - 4 sets of 15 w/ 110lbs
    •   
       


  6. Nice! I'm in man!
    At some point, try taking all 4 XFA preWO...I think you'll like the result

  7. Thanks schizm! I started off with two caps twice per day mainly just to assess tolerance. I may give that 4 cap dosing a try with arms workout. I've heard the pumps/vascularity is great!

  8. I'm already feeling some major soreness today, but I wouldn't automatically attribute this to the XFA. My chest *always* gets sore regardless of weight, volume, etc. Back, however, hasn't been this sore in a while. It might be that I really pushed myself hard with the pullup negatives. I can only do two full wide-grip pullups, so I have started finishing each set with about 12-15 slow negatives. So this might likely be the main reason for the soreness today.

    So far, so good. No sides at full dose of XFA. Legs tonight. I'll try the 4 caps pre-WO tomorrow with arms and see how the pump is.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by LJ57 View Post
    Thanks schizm! I started off with two caps twice per day mainly just to assess tolerance. I may give that 4 cap dosing a try with arms workout. I've heard the pumps/vascularity is great!
    the pump IS great at 4-5 preWO....I'm finishing my 50 day run tomorrow...never did have any sides from XFA...or increased soreness, which I was trying to intentionally...of course it prolly helps that I use 25-30g of bcaa/eaa intraWO...looking forward to the results of your arm workout though...whhhheeee!

  10. You taking 4 or 5 caps a day? I've been taking 4 thinking of bumping it to 5.


  11. I'm just taking 4 caps right now, but I have thought about bumping it up to 5 at some point. I've heard some say that results come faster and that the pumps are amazing like schizm said!
    50 Day X-Factor Advanced Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html

  12. I'm going to 5 today then maybe 6 i have to hurry and finish this run.

  13. Leg/Glute Day


    I have naturally large thighs even when I'm not working out. They also tend to grow easily with even the most basic leg routine. Genetics I guess. Glutes have always lagged, though, so I am incorporating a leg day that focuses primarily on bringing this muscle up to par with the quads.

    My leg workout tonight will consist of :

    -DB Lunges (4 sets)
    - Stiff Leg Deadlifts (4 sets)
    - 1 Leg DB Squats (3 sets)
    - Hip Extensions (3 sets)
    50 Day X-Factor Advanced Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html

  14. Quote Originally Posted by LJ57 View Post
    I'm just taking 4 caps right now, but I have thought about bumping it up to 5 at some point. I've heard some say that results come faster and that the pumps are amazing like schizm said!
    fwiw, After a couple weeks of my run doing 4/ED, I bumped it up to 5/preWO and 3 on off days....a couple of times did 6 & 2...but found the 5 & 3 better for me, which had a great pump effect for the workout & still maintained the muscle hardness on non WO days...which dropping down to 2 on off days didn't seem to do quite as well...and the extra 1 pill preWO didn't do much more than what the 5 was doing...

  15. I'm subbed
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep



  16. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    fwiw, After a couple weeks of my run doing 4/ED, I bumped it up to 5/preWO and 3 on off days....a couple of times did 6 & 2...but found the 5 & 3 better for me, which had a great pump effect for the workout & still maintained the muscle hardness on non WO days...which dropping down to 2 on off days didn't seem to do quite as well...and the extra 1 pill preWO didn't do much more than what the 5 was doing...
    Thanks for the feedback. I will probably try to experiment with some different dosing schemes throughout the course of the log. I definitely want to try the 4-5 pre-WO.
    50 Day X-Factor Advanced Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html

  17. A little late but subbed. Nice looking log man.
  18. Day 6


    Last night was leg day, so I expect to start feeling some soreness, primarily in the glutes, by tonight at least.

    DB Lunges - 4 sets of 8 w/ 50lbs db's
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 4 sets of 8-10 w/ 110lb on barbell
    1 Leg DB Squats - 3 sets of 10 w/ 40lb db's

    I'm also slowly but surely changing my diet and completely getting rid of carb cycling for awhile, especially considering that I never do it properly and never refeed/reload carbs to the extent that I should. I will be adding more rice, baked potatoes, and oatmeal each day in order to get more carbs.

    Today...arm day with the 4 cap pre-WO dose. I have already taken 1 cap upon awakening, so I may go ahead and bump my dosing up to 5 caps per day.
    50 Day X-Factor Advanced Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html

  19. in for one hell of a log!

  20. I managed to get my workout in relatively early today. Took 4 caps about one hour prior to workout. (for a total of 5 with the cap I took in the AM).

    Arms

    Barbell curls - 4 sets of 5 w/75 lbs.
    Hammer curls - 4 sets of 8 w/40 lbs
    Concentration curls - 4 sets of 12 w/ 30lbs (*last set went to failure)

    Lying Tri extension - 4 sets of 8-10 w/ 65 lbs)
    Pressdowns - 4 sets of 12 w/ 70 lbs (10 on last set to failure)
    Tricep kickbacks - 3 sets of 12 w/15 lbs. (I can't go very heavy on these for some reason...always feels like I'm going to tear something)

    * I also incorporate CoC grippers on arm days...using the #1 which is 140 lbs. of pressure. I do about 5 sets of 10. I need to go ahead and order some new ones--# 2 perhaps.

    Notes: Pump was good today. I measured my arms with the myotape immediately after finishing the workout. Arms seemed to measure about .10-.15' more than they did when I measured them prior to starting the log. NO products (ie arginine, PLCAR, etc) never give me any increase in measurements/size, and I have tried almost all of them. They definitely feel harder too.
    50 Day X-Factor Advanced Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html

  21. Quote Originally Posted by LJ57 View Post
    I managed to get my workout in relatively early today. Took 4 caps about one hour prior to workout. (for a total of 5 with the cap I took in the AM).

    Arms

    Barbell curls - 4 sets of 5 w/75 lbs.
    Hammer curls - 4 sets of 8 w/40 lbs
    Concentration curls - 4 sets of 12 w/ 30lbs (*last set went to failure)

    Lying Tri extension - 4 sets of 8-10 w/ 65 lbs)
    Pressdowns - 4 sets of 12 w/ 70 lbs (10 on last set to failure)
    Tricep kickbacks - 3 sets of 12 w/15 lbs. (I can't go very heavy on these for some reason...always feels like I'm going to tear something)

    * I also incorporate CoC grippers on arm days...using the #1 which is 140 lbs. of pressure. I do about 5 sets of 10. I need to go ahead and order some new ones--# 2 perhaps.

    Notes: Pump was good today. I measured my arms with the myotape immediately after finishing the workout. Arms seemed to measure about .10-.15' more than they did when I measured them prior to starting the log. NO products (ie arginine, PLCAR, etc) never give me any increase in measurements/size, and I have tried almost all of them. They definitely feel harder too.
    Very niiiice man! I also thought the pump it gave me was much firmer/solid than what an N.O. pump gives...

  22. My arms were sore when I woke up this morning which is somewhat odd, because even when they do get sore, it usually takes a bit longer. It's hard to say whether this is the XFA at this point, as I've really been pushing myself harder since I started taking it. I'm guessing, however, that it's possible for the soreness to be kicking in at this point. It's been about one week and I have taken 4 caps per day, except for the one day I took 5.
    50 Day X-Factor Advanced Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html

  23. Quote Originally Posted by LJ57 View Post
    My arms were sore when I woke up this morning which is somewhat odd, because even when they do get sore, it usually takes a bit longer. It's hard to say whether this is the XFA at this point, as I've really been pushing myself harder since I started taking it. I'm guessing, however, that it's possible for the soreness to be kicking in at this point. It's been about one week and I have taken 4 caps per day, except for the one day I took 5.
    a week in is definitely a point where the DOMS will start becoming more prevalent.

  24. Although the soreness in my biceps has almost completely gone, my triceps are still extremely sore--tender to the touch really. I'm pretty sure the soreness would have been completely gone by now w/o XFA, so I'm guessing that effect of it has kicked in.

    Shoulders/Abs

    DB shoulder press - 5 sets of 10 w/40lbs
    side lateral raises - 5 sets of 8-10 w/ 20lbs

    Abs
    lying leg raises (weighted w/ 15lb db's) - 4 sets
    hanging leg raises - 4sets
    seated ab twists - 4 sets
    50 Day X-Factor Advanced Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html

  25. gotta love getting sore to the touch, looks like one hell of an ab circuit too!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. X-Factor advanced
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 04:26 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 09:46 PM
  3. X-factor Advanced??? anyone
    By killervick7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
  4. AX Advanced PCT + X-factor
    By whitedevil74 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Log in
Log in