Dropping Fat and Adding Muscle w/ X-Factor Advanced (50 Day Log)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LJ57 View Post
    The soreness this time has not been as bad. I'm thinking the XFA hasn't made me significantly much more sore than usual. I think maybe I just pushed really hard with the last chest (as well as arms) workout and automatically attributed it to XFA.

I *definitely* see the muscle hardness people talk about, though, and I am certain it's not something I could attribute to other factors. And I'm now taking 4 caps at a time on both training and off days.

Although I haven't been increasing the lbs. of weight I use recently, I feel like strength is up. And I'm never eating above maintenance-level calories, so under other conditions I would expect to lose some strength.
    for me the hardness, density and fullness to my muscles is o incredibly apparent that no other product works for recomping quite like ArA/X-Factor.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

Cals at maintenance and strength is going up. That's a good sign of ArA working it's course.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

Quote Originally Posted by fitcopforlife View Post
    Cals at maintenance and strength is going up. That's a good sign of ArA working it's course.
    absolutely, there are only a handful of ingredients Ive used that have noticeable results without making any changes to my diet, arachidonic acid is certainly one of them.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

Threw a high rep arm workout day in, something I don't do very often these days.

Barbell curls - 4 sets of 10 reps w/60 lbs
    Concentration curls - 3 sets of 12 w/ 25lbs
    Hammer curls - 3 sets of 15 w/ 25 lbs

Tricep Pressdowns - 4 sets of 12-15 (close to failure at end) w/ 75 lbs
    Lying Tri extension - 4 sets of 15 w/ 60lbs

Hit abs at the end and discovered a new muscle that I have apparently never worked. I decided to do 'bicycles' instead of leg raises for lower abs. The burn in that "adonis belt" region was intense, and I'm pretty sure I will be sore there for the first time ever. I've never used this exercise and have never really worked that muscle before. I may eliminate leg raises now.
    50 Day X-Factor Advanced Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

Threw a high rep arm workout day in, something I don't do very often these days.

Barbell curls - 4 sets of 10 reps w/60 lbs
    Concentration curls - 3 sets of 12 w/ 25lbs
    Hammer curls - 3 sets of 15 w/ 25 lbs

Tricep Pressdowns - 4 sets of 12-15 (close to failure at end) w/ 75 lbs
    Lying Tri extension - 4 sets of 15 w/ 60lbs

Hit abs at the end and discovered a new muscle that I have apparently never worked. I decided to do 'bicycles' instead of leg raises for lower abs. The burn in that "adonis belt" region was intense, and I'm pretty sure I will be sore there for the first time ever. I've never used this exercise and have never really worked that muscle before. I may eliminate leg raises now.
    high rep arm days are always a great idea, the abdominal region is so intricate and often times when I do new movements I can get burnt out quick and quite sore!
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

Bicycles ouch, I haven't done those in a while. Good idea. Great core movement.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

Bicycles ouch, I haven't done those in a while. Good idea. Great core movement.
    been a good year since Ive done those myself, I tend to keep ab work relatively simple but I know it would only be of benefit to branch out and push myself in ab training the way i do in heavy pressing movements and such.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

I'm taking an extra day off due to soreness. Between weight training and cardio (with a small rebounding trampoline), I am sore in the thighs, calves and arms right now.

I'm switching my whole program up to high reps, slightly lower volume for one week just to fully recover and give my body a change up. The more I read up on incorporating higher reps, the more it seems like a good idea : blood vessels, capillary density, etc.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170653-dropping-fat-adding.html
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    been a good year since Ive done those myself, I tend to keep ab work relatively simple but I know it would only be of benefit to branch out and push myself in ab training the way i do in heavy pressing movements and such.
    I sometimes think I put too much emphasis on abs at my current level, since I'm still a good ways off from really having visible abs. It will take a good 2-3 month cut before mine really start to show. On the bright side, I can *feel* that I have well-developed abs at this point, but can't see them.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

Shoulders and Abs

*high rep day*

DB shoulder press - 4 sets of 12-15 w/30lbs
    side lateral raises - 4 sets of 15 w/ 15lbs

Abs
    Bicycle crunches - 4 sets
    hanging leg raises - 4 sets
    seated ab twists - 4 sets

Notes : Ab punishment again with bicycles. These still burn like no other ab exercise I've done.

I am noticing a definite increase in vascularity despite being at a relatively high bf%. This is especially noticeable now in the wrists and forearms, biceps, and front delts!

Strength and endurance still way up despite the fact that I have been suffering through the sinus/allergies that go with the March/April weather changes. I am sniffling and with watery eyes right now-- and even have some sinus congestion but strength is not suffering at all.

I think all of the XFA effects have kicked in now and with no side effects. Joints feel perfectly fine at 4 per day.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

Great to hear the XFA is kicking in. I have those sinus issues as well. This weather is weird, it was 80 3 days ago now there calling for snow this weekend
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

Great to hear the XFA is kicking in. I have those sinus issues as well. This weather is weird, it was 80 3 days ago now there calling for snow this weekend
    I live in TN as well, which is one of the worst places for sinus/allergy problems really. I've always said I'm like a "human barometer" in that I can tell when the weather is going to change based on headaches/muscle tension in the shoulders, back, and neck area. And it's gone from 78 to 34 in the last two days.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

I live in TN as well, which is one of the worst places for sinus/allergy problems really. I've always said I'm like a "human barometer" in that I can tell when the weather is going to change based on headaches/muscle tension in the shoulders, back, and neck area. And it's gone from 78 to 34 in the last two days.
    A lot of people with joint problems seem to be able to gauge oncoming cold days, despite their super human abilities, I dont envy them
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

Chest/Back/Traps

Weighted push ups - 4 sets of 10 w/ 50lb backpack
    DB flyes - 4 sets of 10-12 w/ 55lbs
    DB Pullovers - 4 sets of 15 w/55lbs

DB Rows - 4 sets of 12 w/ 50lbs
    Pullup negatives - 4 sets of 12-15 (w/2 full pullups)
    Barbell shrugs - 2 sets of 12-15 w/ 110lbs
    *quit 2 sets short due to neck tension/aches

Notes : Strength is still up. Pullups are getting much easier, which is a good measure of strength increase for me. I can foresee a day when negatives are not even necessary.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

Chest/Back/Traps

Weighted push ups - 4 sets of 10 w/ 50lb backpack
    DB flyes - 4 sets of 10-12 w/ 55lbs
    DB Pullovers - 4 sets of 15 w/55lbs

DB Rows - 4 sets of 12 w/ 50lbs
    Pullup negatives - 4 sets of 12-15 (w/2 full pullups)
    Barbell shrugs - 2 sets of 12-15 w/ 110lbs
    *quit 2 sets short due to neck tension/aches

Notes : Strength is still up. Pullups are getting much easier, which is a good measure of strength increase for me. I can foresee a day when negatives are not even necessary.
    Good job on those pullups, nothing works the mind muscle connection and strength of the lats quite like that basic, old school movement. Weighted pullups, yet alone 40 to start out a workout is no easy task!

Glad to see strength is rising, XFA certainly seems to rival creatine and a few other worthwhile supps for strength gains.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

Good job on those pullups, nothing works the mind muscle connection and strength of the lats quite like that basic, old school movement. Weighted pullups, yet alone 40 to start out a workout is no easy task!

Glad to see strength is rising, XFA certainly seems to rival creatine and a few other worthwhile supps for strength gains.
    I remember a few months ago thinking one single overhand pullup would be impossible for me. I know being able to get 2-3 full pullups is easy for a lot of people, but it's been a long time coming for me.

Strength is definitely way up for me over the last month. Even with the weather/allergies kicking my ass for over a week now, I am still making great progress.

I feel quite sure my after pictures later next month will show clear recomposition effects. I'm already noticing a lot more definition and vascularity in my shoulders, and arms, though not significantly bigger, are getting more developed. I have started developing a peak in the biceps which is since starting the XFA.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

Red face

strength, size, recomp, looks like another one has fallen for the allure of X-Factor! I'll never forget my first run with it, it was the first supp I really 'responded to' in terms of visible changes in my physique.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

Thumbs up

I remember a few months ago thinking one single overhand pullup would be impossible for me. I know being able to get 2-3 full pullups is easy for a lot of people, but it's been a long time coming for me.

Strength is definitely way up for me over the last month. Even with the weather/allergies kicking my ass for over a week now, I am still making great progress.

I feel quite sure my after pictures later next month will show clear recomposition effects. I'm already noticing a lot more definition and vascularity in my shoulders, and arms, though not significantly bigger, are getting more developed. I have started developing a peak in the biceps which is since starting the XFA.
    Great mini review man, sounds like even with the bumps in the road your responding very well.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

Great mini review man, sounds like even with the bumps in the road your responding very well.
    Gotta love impressive gains even when not all variables are running smoothly!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

Sorry for the long silence lately. Iíve been extremely busy recently and have had to manage my time carefully. With the exception of three days I had to go out of town, Iíve been getting my workouts in--usually around midnight or later given the circumstances. The three days were pretty bad diet-wise, and I had to go relatively low on protein those days.(100g or so)

At this point strength is still up, and I am starting to lean out more. Visual progress is noticeable especially in the shoulders and the arms. Fat has definitely been reduced, especially the love handle region where the my fat tends to be stubborn.

I have switched over to Optimized Volume Training, which has served me pretty well in the past. Like GVT but with two different exercises for each body part.

Weighted Push ups (50lbs in backpack) - 5 sets of 12-15
    DB flyes - 50lbs. - 5 sets of 10-12 (to failure on last set)
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

Gotta love impressive gains even when not all variables are running smoothly!
    Yeah, I am amazed at the visible progress I am making. I would have thought this whole run of X-Factor would have been a bust with some of the setbacks I have had--but I am actually making major progress and after a period of being in a plateau. I am hoping I can finish this log in full gear and with maximum gains. So far this is the most impressive supplement I have ever used!
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

Yeah, I am amazed at the visible progress I am making. I would have thought this whole run of X-Factor would have been a bust with some of the setbacks I have had--but I am actually making major progress and after a period of being in a plateau. I am hoping I can finish this log in full gear and with maximum gains. So far this is the most impressive supplement I have ever used!
    X-Factor is the reason why I wanted to work for MN, it truly is the best natural supplement on the market. It saddens me that there is so much opposition and lack of knowledge in this industry that has kept ArA from being as popular of an ingredient as creatine or beta alanine.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

Thumbs up

It sure made me a believer quick, great to hear man.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

It sure made me a believer quick, great to hear man.
    I dont think anybody who followed that log will ever forget the level of conditioning and vascularity you were able to achieve with your hard work, dedication, and the help of X-Factor Advanced.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.76%

"Have you been lifting weights or something?" This is the first time friends have noticed and pointed out that I am visibly recomping. I don't have any friends who lifts weights or care anything about bodybuilding, fitness, etc., so being online at AM is really the only interaction I have with people who share this goal.

I've been able to tell a big difference since starting XFA, but the best feeling in the world is when others can see this. This XFA isn't even nearly over, and the results are already great.

So far I've got to say : Had I not won this in the holiday promo, I'm not sure I would have bought two bottles of this and run it. I might have been too skeptical. Now that I've been using it and experiencing the results, I will buy this and use it at least 2-3 cycles per year. I would rather cut out some of the other supplements I'm using or thinking about trying, and instead buy a few bottles of XFA. This stuff is the real deal!!
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

Thumbs up

"Have you been lifting weights or something?" This is the first time friends have noticed and pointed out that I am visibly recomping. I don't have any friends who lifts weights or care anything about bodybuilding, fitness, etc., so being online at AM is really the only interaction I have with people who share this goal.

I've been able to tell a big difference since starting XFA, but the best feeling in the world is when others can see this. This XFA isn't even nearly over, and the results are already great.

So far I've got to say : Had I not won this in the holiday promo, I'm not sure I would have bought two bottles of this and run it. I might have been too skeptical. Now that I've been using it and experiencing the results, I will buy this and use it at least 2-3 cycles per year. I would rather cut out some of the other supplements I'm using or thinking about trying, and instead buy a few bottles of XFA. This stuff is the real deal!!
    Great to hear man, ArA is quickly making all of our loggers believers. That is always a milestone when you have been lifting like crazy and your friends actually notice it and make statements about it. Keep up the good work.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.27%

when people who dont care about fitness/BBing, etc start commenting on your body, thats when you know your doing something right!

Similar Forum Threads

1. X Factor Advanced question
    By mike3107 in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 01:35 PM
  2. X-Factor advanced
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 04:26 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 09:46 PM
  4. X-factor Advanced??? anyone