Wanna get LIT? up...

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
First off thanks to Appnut for sending me a sample of this. It's always nice to get to try something before buying a whole tub of it.

So a little background on what I did here. I tried this Thursday night which is normally a rest day for me but I had to go to the gym Thursday because of some family obligations on Friday. I was extremely tired when I got home from work so I was happy to see the sample in my mailbox when I got home.

All good up until this point. So I mixed it up.

Taste: 10/10 Stuff's delicious! Cherry flavor. Kind of odd consistency compared to what I'm used to. It's a little thicker but not like protein thick. Bright! My kids were like "I want that"! **** is bright red. LOL.

Mix: 8/10 Mixed very easy in a glass of water with a fork. (My usual pwo system) Got a little "frothy" on top but no graininess.

O.K. so here's where I screwed up. (Did I mention how tired I was?) So I read the whole package at least twice and still never noticed the 2 servings thing. I dumped the whole thing and chugged it.

Focus: 10/10 This has to be a strong point for this product. I really like focus from these type of products. Too many preworkouts stim me out but overpower my focus. This is a definite plus for this one!

Energy: 6/10 Despite the fact that I sucked down double I didn't really have a lot of energy. Not the stim energy I'm used to anyway. To be fair, as tired as I was I'm not sure anything would have given me a ton of energy.

Strength: 8/10 Despite not having any energy I had no issue hitting my weights which I usually would being this tired. I have to assume that in a normal state it would be great.

Endurance: My endurance was horrible. Again I was tired so that could have been the issue. Also, see next section.

2 servings was definitely too much for me! My heart was POUNDING by the time I got to the gym. In that state I lose my breath much quicker and endurance suffers. Then of course theirs the "I'm going to have a heart attack" feeling. Most likely too much caffeine for me at that dose.

I wish I would have seen that so I could try it at one serving to see how it works for me.

I had to take a test later that night and my focus was still strong at 9pm after dosing this at 5. The other issue I had was I couldn't get to sleep at 11...or 12...or 1! LOL. I got up and took some Need2sleep and it knocked me down. Slept fine after. Again, I would attribute this to the dose. My bad. Wish I had one more sample to try it right.

Overall seems like a really solid product. I like that it's different from the other preworkouts out there. I always workout in the evening though so I would have to test out the sleep factor before I could make it a regular.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Nice review, glad you liked it. Keep in mind, Lit Up is not designed to give that stim "cracked out" energy feeling.

Send me your info and I can get a new sample to you.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Nice review, glad you liked it. Keep in mind, Lit Up is not designed to give that stim "cracked out" energy feeling.

Send me your info and I can get a new sample to you.
Thanks but chubbarock already got me! You guys are good! LOL

Promise to update the review after I try the new one.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
O.K. Thanks to chubbarock I got a second chance to try this out so I wanted to follow up on my review. This time I used half the packet on 2 occasions.

Taste: 10/10 Stuff's delicious! My opinion here remains unchanged. This stuff is good. The red is a little over the top. I had to wipe some off of my counter and it does stain like kool aid.

Mix: 6/10 I'm dropping my rating on this slightly. I mix in a glass of cold water with a fork. Might not be ideal but it's how I mix all preworkouts and this one mixed a lot like bcaa's do. Which is to say it doesn't real well. That said it's a light "fluffy" mix and I just added a little more water to the empty glass and swirled it around to get the remainder and it went right down. Not a huge deal in my book.

Focus: 10/10 Still really impressed here. The focus is definitely the strength of the product.

Energy: 8/10 I upped this category from my last review. I wasn't exhausted when I took it this time just a normal day. Not a stim rush like most pre's on the market but that's good in my book sometimes. I could see me having this in my cabinet for days when I don't want that stimmed up crackhead feeling. Hey, I like that sometimes! :yikes:

Strength: 8/10 About the same. Not a huge spike in strength but with the DAA in there I could see this building with regular use.

Endurance: 6/10 I didn't find that this "pushed" me through extra sets like some preworkouts do. I didn't run out of energy or anything but I didn't feel like I NEEDED to stay for more reps at the end of my workouts either.

Overall impression...I like the product. For days I don't need crazy energy it would great to have in my cabinet. For days I do I would use something like N2KTS or Mesomorph. I would want to have "another" pre anyway since this has DAA in it and that's not something I want to run constantly without cycling off.

I did still have trouble sleeping after taking it. I dosed it at around 4:30 both days and had some trouble getting to sleep at 11. I don't have that issue with any other preworkout so I'm not sure what's in this that gives me that issue. I don't really have a caffeine sensitivity either since I drink a **** ton of coffee. Often even at night.

Thanks again App Nut for letting me try it out. I would say to anyone on the edge that it's worth picking it up to try. It IS different which is good.