Smack This! (Sponsored Purus Log -Fat Smack/Slinshot Log)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Getting a kick start to this log. Big thanks to Grambo and Purus Labs for setting this up. Here's a brief overview of these two products:

Fat Smack: (see above)

SlinShot:
* Increased nutrient absorption and utilization within muscle tissue
* Enhanced energy utilization and glycogen resynthesis
* Improved carbohydrate metabolism
* Enhanced post receptor insulin signaling
* Faster recovery from strenuous exercise
* Diminished free radical production
* Nutrient partitioning

Links to each product in NutraPlanet Store:

Purus Labs Fat Smack (90 caps): Discount Fat Smack Supplements
Purus Labs SLINshot (90 Capsules): Discount SLINshot Supplements

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Will be using the following methods found in this DVD for diet and training. Also known as "Skiploading" (this DVD is free)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/168289-ken-skip-hills.html

Training: 3-4x a week with every sunday as a permanent off day.
Workout A - Chest, Tris, Shoulders, Calves
Workout B - Abs, Forearms, Quads, Hams
Workout C - Back, Bi, Traps

Cardio:
Will do 30 mins on off days for the first week and will then move to 30 min 5x per week

Diet:
Mon-Sat or Sun-Fri (haven't quite decided yet)
Meal 1: Pro/Fat
Meal 2: Pro/Carb
Meal 3: Pro/Carb
Meal 4: Pro/Fat
Train
Meal 5: Pro/Carb
Meal 6: Pro/Fat

SkipLoad on Sat or Sun -
First 6 hours of day (3 meals per 2 hours) are strictly carb meals with as little or no pro/fat as possible. All meals after this will be pro/fat.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

All of the scores below are based on 4 pills of each per day. Fat smack was 2 am, 2 afternoon. Slinshot was 1 with meal 2, 1 with meal 3, and 2 PWO. On non-lifting days, the PWO dose was taken before bed.

Fat Smack

-Appetite Suppression - 8/10 - appetite was suppressed for the most part, body started to adapt to the formula mid log. Hunger returned. However even when it returned, it still helped keep it down. just wasn't down as much as when I first started. I can only imagine what appetite suppression would be like at 5-6 caps per day.

-Energy - 8/10 - Energy was nice and clean. Smooth. No crash. No jittery or cracked out feeling.

-Focus - 7/10 - Noticeable, but not superb. Definitely help combat that 2 o'clock feeling and kept me focused at work.

-Thermogenesis/Fat Burning - 8/10 - Definitely noticed a small reduction in love handles and waistline. But I'm an endo, and with my genes my body just doesn't like to get lean. But I feel like it did help take off some fat. Also, noticed increased body temp while being sedentary as well as more sweating during cardio (it came on faster and was more pronounced)

SlinShot

-Weight loss/Weight Gain - 9/10 - Lost 10 lbs! I'm sure some of it was water, but some of it was fat too. Definitely help me eat more carbs and gain no weight. Some days I was eating around 200g of carbs. Definitely helps with carbohydrate metabolism and nutrient partitioning.

-Recovery - 4/10 - Didn't really notice much. I was still sore as can be. Didn't help keep DOMS at bay at all. But, it may have helped recomp to an extent which means some recovery was going on.

-Sleep - 10/10 - man this stuff made me sleep like a rock, and would give me wild dreams! I always felt tighter when I woke up in the AM. Like my muscles were just tighter and harder. Cool effect that I didn't expect to get out of this. Always on an empty stomach if taking before bed.

Overall Score for this Stack:
54/70

Letter Grade for this Stack: 77% or C+ (based on 80=B-, 79-76=C+, 75-71=C, 70=C-)

Therefore, I would rate this fat smack/slinshot combo to be SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN THE AVERAGE STACK, with the way I chose to run it. It could have been a bit bitter had I dose more caps on the fat smack. However.....slow and steady wins the race when it comes to weight loss. I wasn't in a rush and in my mind, this was a STACK. It no longer becomes a stack when the products are no longer being taken together.

As far as my recommendations to Purus Labs go, the main thing would be to increase the amount of caps in a bottle of fat smack. 4 caps a day doesn't even last a month. It might be worth while for them to invest in a larger bottle (like what nutrex does with lipo 6/6x).

But overall I think these products are great. Thanks for the opportunity to log and I hope those of you that followed found my log and this review insightful.

If you have any questions regarding this review or my log please reach out to me. Thanks again goes out to Grambo for being an awesome rep and Purus Labs for putting out two solid products that work.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed buddy... cant wait to see the results of this!

Thanks for sharing the dvd link too.. intrested to see what it is about.. it covers both diet and training?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Subbed buddy... cant wait to see the results of this!

Thanks for sharing the dvd link too.. intrested to see what it is about.. it covers both diet and training?
Yeah man same here! Yeah it covers diet, training, and everything you need to do the week prior to a show and the day of the show. My recommendation is to download the individual vids, they don't stream that well.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah man same here! Yeah it covers diet, training, and everything you need to do the week prior to a show and the day of the show. My recommendation is to download the individual vids, they don't stream that well.
Cool I love stuff like that. I am always interested in how people train or eat and their reasoning behind it. Looks like he does the carb cycling thing too and I have been interested in this before so maybe I will give this program a shot one day

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Cool I love stuff like that. I am always interested in how people train or eat and their reasoning behind it. Looks like he does the carb cycling thing too and I have been interested in this before so maybe I will give this program a shot one day
Well it's not necessarily carb cycling, just watch the vids and you'll have a better idea of what he does. The most important ones for me were the seminar vids - they were each an hour a piece. I took notes :)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will do

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
AM weigh in: 210

Finally got this started today. 2 pills of fat smack in the morning and 2 later in the afternoon. Did about 30mins of cardio after each dose. Noticed an increase in sweating, increase in body temp, and had an easier time getting my heart rate up.

Slinshot is some powerful stuff. Definitely making me gassy as most insulin mimickers have that effect on me. Took 2 pills this morning before breakfast and then 1 later in the afternoon and will probably do another here later on in the evening with dinner.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how many grams carb are you shooting for after you take the slinshot? How much later are you eating after your SS dose?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
how many grams carb are you shooting for after you take the slinshot? How much later are you eating after your SS dose?
1 cap = 50g

2 cap = 75g or more

20 min wait to eat after taking SS

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I'm stubed in.

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
in bra, do work!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I'm stubed in.
in bra, do work!
Thanks guys, glad to have you.

Weight was 210 today after yesterdays cheat day. Pretty happy with SlinShot so far. Dosed 1 cap prior to meal two, will dose one cap prior to my next meal. Will dose two caps with my PWO meal.

I'm mainly noticing fat smacks effects when i'm hitting the cardio (increased heart rate, increased perspiration, increased body temp). I'm cool with that, makes me feel like my cardio is becoming more efficient. And slight appetite suppression. Although I feel like I'll notice this a little more once I start cycling my carbs just a bit and eating less food during the week.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I'll post up some weights after tonights workout. I'm really not concerned with the numbers that much, but i try to do high volume with moderate strength training. Just want you all to know where i'm at with strength and how I roll in my workouts.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Here are the #s from last night

Pec Dec - 105x10, 120x10, 135x10, 150x10, 165x10, 180x8, 195x6

Incline BB - 135x10, 155x10, 185x10, 205x10, 225x7

Flat DB - 80x10, x10, x8, x8, x8

Lateral Raises - 35x10, x10, x10, x10, 40x6

Seated DB Press - 60x10, x10, x9, x8, x7

Seated BO lateral - 35x10, x10, x10, x10, x8

DB Clean and Press - 30x8, x10, x8, x8, x8

Rope Pulldowns - L8x10, L9x10, L8x10, x8, x8

Some superset calf work and out

Going to do something a little different tonight. It's an off day, and I still have two caps of slinshot I need to take. I'm going to take the right as I crawl into bed. Mainly doing this because I don't have a larger evening post workout meal on off days. Depending on how this goes...tues/thurs evening might have a two cap dose pre bed.

I would like to say that last night's two cap dose post workout was rough. I ate a full bowl of fruity pebbles mixed w/water and 2 scoops whey....plus a large banana. I still felt light headed 20-30 min after that meal. SlinShot is definitely some potent stuff!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, fruity Pebbles great idea!
Yeah it's cheap and spikes your insulin. and it's fat free. Post workout it's really important to avoid fats at all costs as well as milk (due to the lactose). Both will delay the absorption of the nutrients into your muscles. So I usually do kids cereal like fruity pebbles, frosted flakes, etc. Just make sure it has 0-1g of fat on the label.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I would also like to report that the 2 caps before bed made me sleep a lot better. I think I'll be utilizing this protocol twice a week just to mix things up.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
SWEET great job so far
Thanks!

Would also like to update that after tomorrow's workout is my deload/cruise week. I'll probably just go to the gym on my lift days and do very light weight and supersetted exercises. Just looking to really make myself pour sweat and burn cals without taxing my body too much. Maybe throw in some jump rope between supersets.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Weight at 206 this morning

Cardio as follows -

Sat: two sessions, 30 min fasted upon waking and 30 min pm

Sun: 30 min fasted upon waking

Mon: 30 min fasted upon waking

Tues: 1 hour in late afternoon

Wed: No cardio - leg day

Thurs : 1 hour in late afternoon

Fri: 30 min fasted upon waking

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your post workout fruity peebles sounds alot better than mines :( I usually just take some xtend mixed with WMS

A side note on the SlinShot post bed.. I have read before Dr. D advocating to take glycobol with some EAAs before bed and saying it help reduce some fat and boost GH. Not sure the exact mechanism of how or why this works but it might be an idea to add in some EAAs to you pre bed slinshot and see how that goes.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Your post workout fruity peebles sounds alot better than mines :( I usually just take some xtend mixed with WMS

A side note on the SlinShot post bed.. I have read before Dr. D advocating to take glycobol with some EAAs before bed and saying it help reduce some fat and boost GH. Not sure the exact mechanism of how or why this works but it might be an idea to add in some EAAs to you pre bed slinshot and see how that goes.
Yeah I think your initial post workout meal is the single most important meal of the day. WMS and BCAAs don't cut it! get some protein in there!

I've got some of LGs BC + EAA lying around - i'll do a serving of that with my next pre-bed dose....couldn't hurt

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
My weight was 204 the day of my cheat (sun). Was 210 yesterday morning and 208 today. I would expect to be back to baseline in a day or two. Going to try to aim for 202 by sunday.

Diet will be a little different this week. It's a cruise/deload week so i'll mainly be doing very light circuit training/supersets just to get a nice sweat going and then leave the gym. Maybe do 10 mins PWO cardio on those lift days. Won't be doing any big PWO carb meals since i'm not lifting hard by any means.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Gotta say taking 2 slinshot caps prebed is awesome. It actually makes me sleep really hard. I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. My dreams are also extremely vivid - more so than what i get from ZMA. And my muscles feel tighter....it's like I worked out the day before.

Woke up at 203ish this morning....right on track to being under 202 by sunday.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So I reached my goal of 202 last week. Looking to nail 200 no later than sunday morning. That being said my bottles are about to run out :(

My body has adapted to fat smack. Haven't really noticed it after taking it for the past week or so. I've been doing 2 AM, 2PM since the beginning. I thought about bumping fat smack to 6 caps a day, but I want both bottles of fat smack and slinshot to run out at the same time.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotta say taking 2 slinshot caps prebed is awesome. It actually makes me sleep really hard. I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. My dreams are also extremely vivid - more so than what i get from ZMA. And my muscles feel tighter....it's like I worked out the day before.

Woke up at 203ish this morning....right on track to being under 202 by sunday.
Are you taking anything with your prebed slinshot? Or just the caps and then sleep?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So my bottles are officially gone :( Will be getting a review up in the next couple of days

weight was 200 as of this morning. down 10 lbs!

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So my bottles are officially gone :( Will be getting a review up in the next couple of days

weight was 200 as of this morning. down 10 lbs!
wow, good progress. I finished my last SLINshot last night and have about a 1 1/2 days of Fatsmack left.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

All of the scores below are based on 4 pills of each per day. Fat smack was 2 am, 2 afternoon. Slinshot was 1 with meal 2, 1 with meal 3, and 2 PWO. On non-lifting days, the PWO dose was taken before bed.

Fat Smack

-Appetite Suppression - 8/10 - appetite was suppressed for the most part, body started to adapt to the formula mid log. Hunger returned. However even when it returned, it still helped keep it down. just wasn't down as much as when I first started. I can only imagine what appetite suppression would be like at 5-6 caps per day.

-Energy - 8/10 - Energy was nice and clean. Smooth. No crash. No jittery or cracked out feeling.

-Focus - 7/10 - Noticeable, but not superb. Definitely help combat that 2 o'clock feeling and kept me focused at work.

-Thermogenesis/Fat Burning - 8/10 - Definitely noticed a small reduction in love handles and waistline. But I'm an endo, and with my genes my body just doesn't like to get lean. But I feel like it did help take off some fat. Also, noticed increased body temp while being sedentary as well as more sweating during cardio (it came on faster and was more pronounced)

SlinShot

-Weight loss/Weight Gain - 9/10 - Lost 10 lbs! I'm sure some of it was water, but some of it was fat too. Definitely help me eat more carbs and gain no weight. Some days I was eating around 200g of carbs. Definitely helps with carbohydrate metabolism and nutrient partitioning.

-Recovery - 4/10 - Didn't really notice much. I was still sore as can be. Didn't help keep DOMS at bay at all. But, it may have helped recomp to an extent which means some recovery was going on.

-Sleep - 10/10 - man this stuff made me sleep like a rock, and would give me wild dreams! I always felt tighter when I woke up in the AM. Like my muscles were just tighter and harder. Cool effect that I didn't expect to get out of this. Always on an empty stomach if taking before bed.

Overall Score for this Stack: 54/70

Letter Grade for this Stack: 77% or C+
(based on 80=B-, 79-76=C+, 75-71=C, 70=C-)

Therefore, I would rate this fat smack/slinshot combo to be SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN THE AVERAGE STACK, with the way I chose to run it. It could have been a bit better had I dosed more caps on the fat smack. However.....slow and steady wins the race when it comes to weight loss. I wasn't in a rush and in my mind, this was a STACK. It no longer becomes a stack when the products are no longer being taken together.

As far as my recommendations to Purus Labs go, the main thing would be to increase the amount of caps in a bottle of fat smack. 4 caps a day doesn't even last a month. It might be worth while for them to invest in a larger bottle (like what nutrex does with lipo 6/6x).

But overall I think these products are great. Thanks for the opportunity to log and I hope those of you that followed found my log and this review insightful.

If you have any questions regarding this review or my log please reach out to me. Thanks again goes out to Grambo for being an awesome rep and Purus Labs for putting out two solid products that work.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great review :bigok:

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice Job & will probably look pretty similiar to mine. Also not sure if you guys noticed, but my breathing increased on the Fatsmack. I've always struggled a lil breathing from my nose however Fatsmack opened my sinuses wide open, not sure how, but it was great.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Great review :bigok:
Thanks man!

Nice Job & will probably look pretty similiar to mine. Also not sure if you guys noticed, but my breathing increased on the Fatsmack. I've always struggled a lil breathing from my nose however Fatsmack opened my sinuses wide open, not sure how, but it was great.
Thanks man, I look forward to reading your review as well. The increased breathing was probably from the piperine and capascanoids