1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

O.J Mayo Gets Banned for using DHEA!!!

Wow...just when I thought professional sports couldn't get anymore ridiculous with their suspensions relating to supplements...The NBA suspended Memphis Grizzlies Guard O.J. Mayo for testing positive for DHEA.

Last I recall...using DHEA was not actually illegal in sports...go figure.

NBA suspends O.J. Mayo 10 games for positive test - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.02%

Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    Wow...just when I thought professional sports couldn't get anymore ridiculous with their suspensions relating to supplements...The NBA suspended Memphis Grizzlies Guard O.J. Mayo for testing positive for DHEA.

Last I recall...using DHEA was not actually illegal in sports...go figure.

NBA suspends O.J. Mayo 10 games for positive test - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

and yet I know first hand of a current NBA player who smokes pot 24/7! But they look the other way for that...
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

wow thats pretty ridiculous, no one is gonna tell me to stop using my dermacrine lol

I thought dhea was legal as well, I guess they like to inform us at the last minute...
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    wow thats pretty ridiculous, no one is gonna tell me to stop using my dermacrine lol

I thought dhea was legal as well, I guess they like to inform us at the last minute...
    Yeah no sh*t right? I mean I know for a fact that in baseball and football that DHEA is technically allowed. I mean it is a loophole, but the point is...it is still allowed.

Additionally, honestly how much of a difference DHEA really going to make for a basketball player?

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.95%

I doubt its dhea he is just blamin dhea or better yet creatine lmfao
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.87%

Personally I find it hard to justify anthing you can walk into wal mart and buy for 10 bucks off the shelf next to the vitamins and fish oils etc.. being against the rules of ANY sport.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

If he knew about it, then it's deserving because he broke the rule (even if we don't agree with the rule). However, I'm also with everyone else in terms of being very surprised that it would be banned.

But then again, Manny Ramirez's hcG was from something totally unrelated...lol. Hard to know what's really going on til all the details come out.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    If he knew about it, then it's deserving because he broke the rule (even if we don't agree with the rule). However, I'm also with everyone else in terms of being very surprised that it would be banned.

But then again, Manny Ramirez's hcG was from something totally unrelated...lol. Hard to know what's really going on til all the details come out.
    I agree that all the details must be considered to form a true conclusion. However, it still doesn't make sense that the NBA would suspend a player for testing positive for DHEA when in the other two big American sports Baseball and Football no infraction would take place because it is within the rules. That is where I am like WTF? Still...how in the hell is DHEA going to benefit a basketball player? I was a basketball player and pretty good at that before injuries so I can't see how DHEA can be viewed as illegal or for that matter as a performance enhancer. The stuff will not make you shoot better, pass better, dribble better, or jump higher. Know what I mean?

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Totally agree on all accounts, Sean. It wouldn't provide much, if any, benefit at all in that sport. But, it's every league trying to have their own rules and blah, blah, blah.

I'm an advocate of mandatory drug tests in sports, to be honest. I hate hearing players complain that it invades their rights. It's just taking a leak in a cup; not surgery. If they've got nothing to hide, it shouldn't be an issue.

There was once a time when I felt like we could take people at their word, but even if it's just a small percentage that are giving all a bad name, it's enough that I just don't believe most of them anymore. I'm referring mostly to baseball. To be honest, they should let them juice in football as far as I'm concerned. And I wouldn't even mind it if they did in baseball; just as long as it was public knowledge and not dusted under the rug.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

USADA testing is worse, drink too much coffee, or take any otc cold medicine and you will pop.

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

as much as i hate when players get banned for dumb stuff....oj mayo should have known....rashard lewis got suspended for the same thing a year or two ago....he was suspended the first couple games of the season
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.29%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I though DHEA is banned under the World Anit Doping Agency regulations
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.41%

I bet he got some tainted weed. Someone laced it with DHEA.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
    I though DHEA is banned under the World Anit Doping Agency regulations
    They are not tested through WADA or USADA unless they play on the Olympic team, and only for the year leading up to the games.

15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%

Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    I bet he got some tainted weed. Someone laced it with DHEA.
    Psh, pansies...Who smokes weed? I choose coke. And mine is laced with superdrol!

16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%

Totally agree on all accounts, Sean. It wouldn't provide much, if any, benefit at all in that sport. But, it's every league trying to have their own rules and blah, blah, blah.

I'm an advocate of mandatory drug tests in sports, to be honest. I hate hearing players complain that it invades their rights. It's just taking a leak in a cup; not surgery. If they've got nothing to hide, it shouldn't be an issue.

There was once a time when I felt like we could take people at their word, but even if it's just a small percentage that are giving all a bad name, it's enough that I just don't believe most of them anymore. I'm referring mostly to baseball. To be honest, they should let them juice in football as far as I'm concerned. And I wouldn't even mind it if they did in baseball; just as long as it was public knowledge and not dusted under the rug.
    I have no problems with drug testing in sports either. My problem is the media makes this a problem. I mean seriously I do not view an athlete any differently if they use the juice.

I mean hell they are just like the rest of us here on the forums...they use stuff to give them an edge and make them perform better.

Honestly, football players should be allowed to use steroids and HGH because of the ridiculous punishment they are put through. I mean if anyone needs a reference as to what football does to man read up on Earl Campbell and Mike Webster (RIP). Once a football player's career is over many of them can't even live a normal life because their body is for the most part destroyed. I mean I do not want to even imagine waking up everyday and feeling like my whole body will shatter into pieces like some of these retired players do.

Something else to take into account...the media and society as a whole is really the problem in regard to athletes using the juice and other substances to increase their performance because we enjoy watching the ridiculously long home runs blasted over 500ft and the bone crunching hits in football and the rim rattling dunks. In essence, the athletes feel pressured to be otherworldly. Know what I mean? So I mean are the athletes really that bad for using when the fans expect more and more out of them? It is kind of a what do you expect scenario? Fans love superhuman performances, but realistically those type of performances are rare and in order for them to place frequently it would most likely require using banned substances.

I think athletes should either be allowed to use performance enhancing substances or supplements for professional athletes in general should be banned. This way the bullsh*t drama stops.

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.41%

Psh, pansies...Who smokes weed? I choose coke. And mine is laced with superdrol!

You could be right. Coke would be better before a game. Then bring on the weed to chill out after. But, I just can't see why any self respecting drug dealer would put DHEA in a dudes coke or weed. That might be unhealthy.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    They are not tested through WADA or USADA unless they play on the Olympic team, and only for the year leading up to the games.
    ^^^Exactly! There are different rules for American sports and Olympic sports.

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.29%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Speed is the best pre-game supp.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%

You could be right. Coke would be better before a game. Then bring on the weed to chill out after. But, I just can't see why any self respecting drug dealer would put DHEA in a dudes coke or weed. That might be unhealthy.
    LMAO!!! That was a good one bud...a self-respecting drug dealer and putting DHEA in a dude's coke or weed...

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    as much as i hate when players get banned for dumb stuff....oj mayo should have known....rashard lewis got suspended for the same thing a year or two ago....he was suspended the first couple games of the season
    Actually Rashard Lewis didn't get banned for the same thing. Rashard Lewis got banned for using 6-OXO actually. However, the principle is still the same...if you are a drug tested athlete you know you have to play by the rules and you need to know everything that is banned and everything you are putting into your body!

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.87%

lmao, it's kind of funny to see the different responses illicited from different types of people on this issue. For instance I'm actually a HUGE bball nut, and played it fairly seriously when I was younger. Anyways, I'm also a member on a bball forum where this same thing was posted at roughly the same time. And of course it's filled with people who know a lot about bball, but very very little about supps. And they are blasting hiim for juicing saying he deserved it.

And then you read the same basic thread posted on THIS forum and it's the exact opposite, LOL.
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.41%

Quote Originally Posted by Orangatang View Post
    Speed is the best pre-game supp.
    Bill Romanowski's wife got popped trying to get multiple scripts for Phentermine several years back. I can't recall if he was ever directly implicated or not. But, I don't think he was using any illegal stuff anyway. He was, after all, a sponsored EAS athlete and therefore all natural.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Actually Rashard Lewis didn't get banned for the same thing. Rashard Lewis got banned for using 6-OXO actually. However, the principle is still the same...if you are a drug tested athlete you know you have to play by the rules and you need to know everything that is banned and everything you are putting into your body!

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

hmmm...the report i read was dhea, however that was awhile ago so that might have been a first report....just glad he's out of orlando
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.48%

Bill Romanowski's wife got popped trying to get multiple scripts for Phentermine several years back. I can't recall if he was ever directly implicated or not. But, I don't think he was using any illegal stuff anyway. He was, after all, a sponsored EAS athlete and therefore all natural.
    I definitely laughed very hard at this...mostly the last sentence
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    hmmm...the report i read was dhea, however that was awhile ago so that might have been a first report....just glad he's out of orlando
    Originally it was 6-OXO. Then the story was changed to DHEA...by the media and Lewis himself. The whole 6-OXO thing got covered up fast. I remember that story quite well because I am a huge Orlando Magic fan. Regardless, he still got banned it is retarded. BTW...I am happy the Magic traded him too. LOL.

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

wow dhea is dangerous.the name makes it sound so harmless
    Antaeus Rep
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.87%

Originally it was 6-OXO. Then the story was changed to DHEA...by the media and Lewis himself. The whole 6-OXO thing got covered up fast. I remember that story quite well because I am a huge Orlando Magic fan. Regardless, he still got banned it is retarded. BTW...I am happy the Magic traded him too. LOL.

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

6 oxo??

As in the stuff that people were using YEARS ago for pct when 1ad and transdermal 1-test first came out?

The sad part is I remember when that stuff came out...
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    6 oxo??

As in the stuff that people were using YEARS ago for pct when 1ad and transdermal 1-test first came out?

The sad part is I remember when that stuff came out...
    Yes...that 6-OXO. If I remember correctly it was the 6-OXO from ErgoPharm too. I am not 100% sure on that though.

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sandwich left out w/mayo on it...Safe to eat?
    By Richard Gears in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 09:48 AM
  2. Life Extension DHEA Supplements: DHEA vs. 7-Keto DHEA?
    By steve999 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
  3. Mayo
    By Hal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 11:30 PM
  4. Happy cinco de mayo
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 05:59 PM