O.J Mayo Gets Banned for using DHEA!!!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Wow...just when I thought professional sports couldn't get anymore ridiculous with their suspensions relating to supplements...The NBA suspended Memphis Grizzlies Guard O.J. Mayo for testing positive for DHEA.

Last I recall...using DHEA was not actually illegal in sports...go figure.

NBA suspends O.J. Mayo 10 games for positive test - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

tbarrows

tbarrows

Awards
  • Established
Wow...just when I thought professional sports couldn't get anymore ridiculous with their suspensions relating to supplements...The NBA suspended Memphis Grizzlies Guard O.J. Mayo for testing positive for DHEA.

Last I recall...using DHEA was not actually illegal in sports...go figure.

NBA suspends O.J. Mayo 10 games for positive test - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

and yet I know first hand of a current NBA player who smokes pot 24/7! But they look the other way for that...

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow thats pretty ridiculous, no one is gonna tell me to stop using my dermacrine lol

I thought dhea was legal as well, I guess they like to inform us at the last minute...

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
wow thats pretty ridiculous, no one is gonna tell me to stop using my dermacrine lol

I thought dhea was legal as well, I guess they like to inform us at the last minute...
Yeah no sh*t right? I mean I know for a fact that in baseball and football that DHEA is technically allowed. I mean it is a loophole, but the point is...it is still allowed.

Additionally, honestly how much of a difference DHEA really going to make for a basketball player?

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
I doubt its dhea he is just blamin dhea or better yet creatine lmfao

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Personally I find it hard to justify anthing you can walk into wal mart and buy for 10 bucks off the shelf next to the vitamins and fish oils etc.. being against the rules of ANY sport.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If he knew about it, then it's deserving because he broke the rule (even if we don't agree with the rule). However, I'm also with everyone else in terms of being very surprised that it would be banned.

But then again, Manny Ramirez's hcG was from something totally unrelated...lol. Hard to know what's really going on til all the details come out.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
If he knew about it, then it's deserving because he broke the rule (even if we don't agree with the rule). However, I'm also with everyone else in terms of being very surprised that it would be banned.

But then again, Manny Ramirez's hcG was from something totally unrelated...lol. Hard to know what's really going on til all the details come out.
I agree that all the details must be considered to form a true conclusion. However, it still doesn't make sense that the NBA would suspend a player for testing positive for DHEA when in the other two big American sports Baseball and Football no infraction would take place because it is within the rules. That is where I am like WTF? Still...how in the hell is DHEA going to benefit a basketball player? I was a basketball player and pretty good at that before injuries so I can't see how DHEA can be viewed as illegal or for that matter as a performance enhancer. The stuff will not make you shoot better, pass better, dribble better, or jump higher. Know what I mean?

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally agree on all accounts, Sean. It wouldn't provide much, if any, benefit at all in that sport. But, it's every league trying to have their own rules and blah, blah, blah.

I'm an advocate of mandatory drug tests in sports, to be honest. I hate hearing players complain that it invades their rights. It's just taking a leak in a cup; not surgery. If they've got nothing to hide, it shouldn't be an issue.

There was once a time when I felt like we could take people at their word, but even if it's just a small percentage that are giving all a bad name, it's enough that I just don't believe most of them anymore. I'm referring mostly to baseball. To be honest, they should let them juice in football as far as I'm concerned. And I wouldn't even mind it if they did in baseball; just as long as it was public knowledge and not dusted under the rug.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
USADA testing is worse, drink too much coffee, or take any otc cold medicine and you will pop.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as much as i hate when players get banned for dumb stuff....oj mayo should have known....rashard lewis got suspended for the same thing a year or two ago....he was suspended the first couple games of the season

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
I though DHEA is banned under the World Anit Doping Agency regulations

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
I bet he got some tainted weed. Someone laced it with DHEA.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I though DHEA is banned under the World Anit Doping Agency regulations
They are not tested through WADA or USADA unless they play on the Olympic team, and only for the year leading up to the games.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bet he got some tainted weed. Someone laced it with DHEA.
Psh, pansies...Who smokes weed? I choose coke. And mine is laced with superdrol!

:lmao:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Totally agree on all accounts, Sean. It wouldn't provide much, if any, benefit at all in that sport. But, it's every league trying to have their own rules and blah, blah, blah.

I'm an advocate of mandatory drug tests in sports, to be honest. I hate hearing players complain that it invades their rights. It's just taking a leak in a cup; not surgery. If they've got nothing to hide, it shouldn't be an issue.

There was once a time when I felt like we could take people at their word, but even if it's just a small percentage that are giving all a bad name, it's enough that I just don't believe most of them anymore. I'm referring mostly to baseball. To be honest, they should let them juice in football as far as I'm concerned. And I wouldn't even mind it if they did in baseball; just as long as it was public knowledge and not dusted under the rug.
I have no problems with drug testing in sports either. My problem is the media makes this a problem. I mean seriously I do not view an athlete any differently if they use the juice.

I mean hell they are just like the rest of us here on the forums...they use stuff to give them an edge and make them perform better.

Honestly, football players should be allowed to use steroids and HGH because of the ridiculous punishment they are put through. I mean if anyone needs a reference as to what football does to man read up on Earl Campbell and Mike Webster (RIP). Once a football player's career is over many of them can't even live a normal life because their body is for the most part destroyed. I mean I do not want to even imagine waking up everyday and feeling like my whole body will shatter into pieces like some of these retired players do.

Something else to take into account...the media and society as a whole is really the problem in regard to athletes using the juice and other substances to increase their performance because we enjoy watching the ridiculously long home runs blasted over 500ft and the bone crunching hits in football and the rim rattling dunks. In essence, the athletes feel pressured to be otherworldly. Know what I mean? So I mean are the athletes really that bad for using when the fans expect more and more out of them? It is kind of a what do you expect scenario? Fans love superhuman performances, but realistically those type of performances are rare and in order for them to place frequently it would most likely require using banned substances.

I think athletes should either be allowed to use performance enhancing substances or supplements for professional athletes in general should be banned. This way the bullsh*t drama stops.

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Psh, pansies...Who smokes weed? I choose coke. And mine is laced with superdrol!

:lmao:
You could be right. Coke would be better before a game. Then bring on the weed to chill out after. But, I just can't see why any self respecting drug dealer would put DHEA in a dudes coke or weed. That might be unhealthy.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
They are not tested through WADA or USADA unless they play on the Olympic team, and only for the year leading up to the games.
^^^Exactly! There are different rules for American sports and Olympic sports.

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
You could be right. Coke would be better before a game. Then bring on the weed to chill out after. But, I just can't see why any self respecting drug dealer would put DHEA in a dudes coke or weed. That might be unhealthy.
LMAO!!! That was a good one bud...a self-respecting drug dealer and putting DHEA in a dude's coke or weed...:toofunny:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
as much as i hate when players get banned for dumb stuff....oj mayo should have known....rashard lewis got suspended for the same thing a year or two ago....he was suspended the first couple games of the season
Actually Rashard Lewis didn't get banned for the same thing. Rashard Lewis got banned for using 6-OXO actually. However, the principle is still the same...if you are a drug tested athlete you know you have to play by the rules and you need to know everything that is banned and everything you are putting into your body!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
lmao, it's kind of funny to see the different responses illicited from different types of people on this issue. For instance I'm actually a HUGE bball nut, and played it fairly seriously when I was younger. Anyways, I'm also a member on a bball forum where this same thing was posted at roughly the same time. And of course it's filled with people who know a lot about bball, but very very little about supps. And they are blasting hiim for juicing saying he deserved it.

And then you read the same basic thread posted on THIS forum and it's the exact opposite, LOL.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Speed is the best pre-game supp.
Bill Romanowski's wife got popped trying to get multiple scripts for Phentermine several years back. I can't recall if he was ever directly implicated or not. But, I don't think he was using any illegal stuff anyway. He was, after all, a sponsored EAS athlete and therefore all natural.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually Rashard Lewis didn't get banned for the same thing. Rashard Lewis got banned for using 6-OXO actually. However, the principle is still the same...if you are a drug tested athlete you know you have to play by the rules and you need to know everything that is banned and everything you are putting into your body!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

hmmm...the report i read was dhea, however that was awhile ago so that might have been a first report....just glad he's out of orlando

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bill Romanowski's wife got popped trying to get multiple scripts for Phentermine several years back. I can't recall if he was ever directly implicated or not. But, I don't think he was using any illegal stuff anyway. He was, after all, a sponsored EAS athlete and therefore all natural.
I definitely laughed very hard at this...mostly the last sentence :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
hmmm...the report i read was dhea, however that was awhile ago so that might have been a first report....just glad he's out of orlando
Originally it was 6-OXO. Then the story was changed to DHEA...by the media and Lewis himself. The whole 6-OXO thing got covered up fast. I remember that story quite well because I am a huge Orlando Magic fan. Regardless, he still got banned it is retarded. BTW...I am happy the Magic traded him too. LOL.

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
wow dhea is dangerous.the name makes it sound so harmless

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Originally it was 6-OXO. Then the story was changed to DHEA...by the media and Lewis himself. The whole 6-OXO thing got covered up fast. I remember that story quite well because I am a huge Orlando Magic fan. Regardless, he still got banned it is retarded. BTW...I am happy the Magic traded him too. LOL.

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

6 oxo??

As in the stuff that people were using YEARS ago for pct when 1ad and transdermal 1-test first came out?

The sad part is I remember when that stuff came out...

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
6 oxo??

As in the stuff that people were using YEARS ago for pct when 1ad and transdermal 1-test first came out?

The sad part is I remember when that stuff came out...
Yes...that 6-OXO. If I remember correctly it was the 6-OXO from ErgoPharm too. I am not 100% sure on that though.

-Sean-

Primordial Performance