Lighting the fuse with Applied Nutriceuticals LIT-UP(sponsored log and review)

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Lighting the fuse with Applied Nutriceuticals LIT-UP (sponsored log)

Today i reiceved the new goodys thanx to applied nutriceuticals.First impression i see that its a rather small container,not the big tubs you see some preworkouts in.Forty servings in this container...my thoughts are little things can pack a punch and its obviously not filled with a bunch of extra bunk.I love the directions,brilliant.Honestly i have been the preworkout junkie at times..i admit,i have been known to drink a whole oldschool bottle of endorush back in the day and even before the preworkout had a market i got jacked up on the original ultimate orange before it was banned.

Anyways to get to the point if a preworkout dosnt have a true energy factor to it ,i dont mess with it..the weak stuff.That being said im ready to see if Lit-UP will be able to fireup my old burned out energy receptors and get me into the zone.Im looking forward to seeing what this one will be like being that it isnt supposed to be a teeth chattering super stim type of pre-w.I rest on weekends and sometimes may(or would like to do abs)but generally my split is during the week on monday,wednsday and friday.

Tomorow will actually be day one of the lit-up log and i also plan to log my workouts along the way to make things interesting for four weeks(around 12 workout days) I will describe my split and routine tomorow.Some before and after pics will come as well.Monday evening i will get the show on the road.

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established

gidemon

Banned
Awards
The first day of the lit-up log and it was a satisfying one.Right off the bat i want to say i like the cherry citrus flavor,reminds me of a sweet tart in a way.It mixed really well,i used two scoops and simply shook it up in my shaker container and had no problem with lumps or leftovers in the cup.Its not one of those grainy pre-workout mixtures which was pretty cool.

I ate my preworkout meal about an hour before taking my lit-up dose and still had a little bit of undigested food in the stomach so i ws a little worried about that causing problems with absorption.there really was no problem with that and surprisingly after about 15 minutes i started to feel the effects kicking in,actually felt like a bit of a head,or brain rush if that makes any sense at all,and i felt really energized,but in a clean and fluid type of way...i liked this alot.I felt great and felt i was in the zone and ready to train hard and beat my previous logs.

Two scoops for me felt just right and usually because of my body weight and size i have to take up to three scoops with most products.The energy wasnt the jittery high blood pressure feeling you get from over stiming your self yet i was completely alert and focused and the two scoops lasted through my whole workout with out the depleted feeling and crash torwards the end you sometimes experience from preworkout mixes.i actually felt energized an hour after leaving the gym and found myself taking out the trash and feeding my 6 month old baby when i got home with no problem..lol.
*Another thing i noticed was a slight sense of well being(allways a bonus.

My workout routine at the moment is basically a dc split and layout with my own tweaks here and there so for the die hard dc people out there... i know..its not etched in stone so i do what works for me.

Today was upperbody day.

chest,shoulders,triceps,back width and then back thickness.Biceps get hit with the quads hams etc..you guys who have done dc know the drill.

Flat hammer strength machine press
270 lbs- 6 reps then 4-3 rp

hammer strength shoulder presss
270lbs -7 reps then 4-3 rp

close grip barbell bench press
205lbs -8 reps then 5-3 rp

fixed widegrip pulldowns
235 lbs 7 reps then 3-3 rp

hammer strength row machine
270 lbs x15 reps
320lbs x 8 reps

I finished off with 1x185 to failure with the nautilus pullover machine(i love these)and then i ran over to the dip bar and did a bodyweight set to failure for ****s and giggles.

My strength was great and i beat a few pr's

Focus- 10

strength- 9

stamina and endurance 10

pump..being its not an n.o pre-w i had an unusual upper pec pump today(placebo?time will tell..-9

So far im digging lit-up,but the true test will be the course of the next four weeks.

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
awesome inital thoughts man, cant wait to see how things get better for you, cuz they will :)

gidemon

Banned
Awards
okay.. I got todays workout behind me and can say i had a pretty good day,previously lost gains and numbers are coming back and new pr's are also steady on the move as well.This log has actually come at a good time because im just two weeks into finally training for real again.having a new kid is great but man i pretty much had a 6 month layoff with scattered workouts here and there.

Today was all of my lower body and biceps+forearms
ab machine crunches 5x failure
this is the first time in my life i placd abs in the begining of any training day and i actually like it.

45 degree incline dumbell bicep curls 50lb dumbells 6reps then 5-3 rp

40lb dumbell 11 ss aternating dumbell hammer curls

barbell wrist curl..95lb x 25 reps
reverse barbell wrist curls 55lbs x 25

standing calve raise machine (whole stack 8 deep stretching reps)300lbs i think

lying leg curls -did straight sets with these today building up to 170lbs x 6

smith machine squats 135x15 185x12 225 x 6 275 x 6 315x5

leg extensions 2x20 reps

Lit-up got me through a decent workout today and once again i never crashed.

*Something new that i noticed was that my body temp was higher then usuall and more sweat...thermogenic effect?Or just my body being weird ..thermogenic effects would be cool and would like to know if anyone else experienced this.

My strength levels today were great and endurance got me through almost 90 minutes.
So far it seems that two scoops is the sweet spot for me and i havnt noticed my body building a tolerance yet which is nice.

So far i am liking this product and it seems it could find itself as being a staple for many.

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations on your kid man, I just had a son Wednesday night myself - hasn't kept me out of the gym so far though, his mom is pretty damn understanding of our lifestyle :p

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Congratulations on your kid man, I just had a son Wednesday night myself - hasn't kept me out of the gym so far though, his mom is pretty damn understanding of our lifestyle :p
same to you congrats... i had a girl-no regret-but high maintenence lol

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
same to you congrats... i had a girl-no regret-but high maintenence lol
Yeah man, I am sure if I had a daughter I would be happy as can be - but I definitely have my reasons for why I did not want to have a daughter lol, so I feel your pain!

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Mondays workout went pretty well today and my workout partner didnt have his preworkout(my brother)if it had been anyone else they would had been **** out of luck.He just ran out of his tub of jackd and he was really impressed with litup,he said that it started to hit him quick,lasted all the way through and gave him a great mental rush as well(sound familiar?

I think alot of people are going to like lit-up once they give it a chance.I still felt the same effects i felt from the first use so im not yet building a tolerence.Usually i allways build a tolerence to a preworkout product and have to use more.

Today my strength was great and endurance was 100 percent as well,im very happy with this pre workout so far.Lit-up is close to being a staple of mine.

Heres todays workout

Incline barbell bench press
225lbs 8 reps then 4-3 rest paused- 15 reps total

upright row
115lbs 8 reps then 4-4 rest paused- 16 reps total

skull crushers
115lbs 7 reps then 4-4 rest paused

barbell pullovers
115lbs 12-reps then 6-4 rest paused

deadlift
4 warmup sets then 295lbs x 8 reps

Again thank you AppliedNutriceuticals for this logging opportunity because im really enjoying Lit-Up!:fingersx:

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
great workout, great update, just great :D

gidemon

Banned
Awards
wed-well now its thursday actually..

i got a late start tonight after a long day and in the back of my head today i thanked the supreme supplement god for the invention of preworkouts..lol

So i wasnt feeling it but low and behold lit-up did the job and was put to a good test today.I started at 10 pm and trained untill 11:30.I didnt feel bushed until i was actually done.I got everything in today that i had planned and im cool with that.And i feel like after i eat my steak and veggies i will sleep like a baby.

ez bar preacher curls wide grip 110lbs
6-reps then 3-2 restpaused-11 total

reverse ez-bar curls 75lbsx17

standing one legged calve raise on block holding one 45lb plate
till failure 5 sets-didnt count reps on these really(the burn got most of my attention

leg curls 4 ssxfailure

barbell front squats piramiding up to 225 x 3 reps-thats a new pr for me

leg extensions 2x 20

situps holding 25 lb plate 4x failure

Thats it,now im gone to eat and hit the hay

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Great to see that the pre-workout gods supplied your needs with LIT-Up!

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Friday

*first i would like to say i havnt had barbell pullovers in my routine in years,this excercise is a serious upper body all round mass builder...but god my inner tricep heads got fried from the barbell pullovers i did monday and i actually still had a little bit of doms going on today.It will get better,the serious doms are a result of me not doing barbell pullovers since i was 21yrs old..lol

Today i had to complete my workout in one hour(family stuff etc ..you know) So it was a little ruff torwards the end.I also had to workout at home since i really did not have time to make it to the gym..which has been happening alot lately and its totally not a bad thing because between me and my brothers stuff there is over 660lbs of olympic weight,dumbells diff easy curl bars and some standard weights as well+the squat rack and benchs...so compound moves galore.

Lit-up has been really consistant and hasnt got weak yet.Im making good gains in strength and breaking pr's every workout,endurance is climbing as well.All in all this stuff is badass and in its own catagory.Alot of thought has been put into this product.
*i keep getting really great pumps and there is not a lick of arginine,akg etc in this...if any of the reps can explain the science behind this that would be cool..or simple opinion.

Todays workout-i never log my warmup sets btw

Decline barbell bench press
275lbs 8 reps then 4 and 4 rest paused-16 total reps that is a new pr!

military press
1st set i tried 205lbs seated--but with no back support(mistake)lower back cramped at 4 reps
I beileve with back support i would had been able to get 6 reps
I then did a set standing with 135lbs for 20 easy reps behind the neck..this gave a great shoulder pump.

For now on if i have to do shoulder presses at home i will do them standing

Barbell close grip bench press

225lbs for 8 reps then 4-and 3 reps rest paused. 15 reps total..this ones a huge pr for me
last day i did close grip press i think it was 6 reps before the two rest pauses with 205lbs

At this point my time was running out so i did staight sets of bent over barbell rows working my way up to 205 lbs for 5 reps

My pulling muscles in general fell behind dramatically because i messed up the tendon that connects the brachialis to the elbow last summer...yeah that **** sucks and keeps you from even being able to do a hammer curl. But im moving past that and have been building strength back up in that area.

Good day and Lit-Up delivered again.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
monday

today was an ok day....Lit-up did the job as far as its end of things go and thats the good news.im still using two scoops and its delivering well,so i think that being said im not as of yet building a tolerance.pretty cool huh.

The bad news is that i think im over training my biceps doing this dc split

you see mon wed and fri biceps get work all 3 of those days be it direct work or indirect work hitting back.im thinking of dropping biceps from one of the days for the rest of this dc blast...anyone else ever had an overtraining problem on a dc split let me know of your experience and how you fixed it.

barbell curls

135x 6 then 4-3 reps rest paused.

forearms

barbell wrist curls 90lbs x 25 reps x 2

reverse barbell wrist curls.. 65lbs x 20 reps x 2

calve raises standing machine 3 x whole stack x failure

sldl 185 x 8 reps x 3

squats -10rked up to 255 x 8

20 reps x 135 lbs front squat

thats it for the day

the whole bicep day bummed me out otherwise but its all good

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
I've never done any DC training, but I'm sure someone will chime in and help you out. Good to see that LIT-UP wasn't part of the problem.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
I've never done any DC training, but I'm sure someone will chime in and help you out. Good to see that LIT-UP wasn't part of the problem.

litup has been great to me

training natural at age 33 is a tricky balance -no matter how many gallons of water ,sleep and protien i consume over training sometimes creeps up.

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established

training natural at age 33 is a tricky balance -no matter how many gallons of water ,sleep and protien i consume over training sometimes creeps up.
Honestly I don't think its age - IMO, you are bound to hit a point every once in a while where something is going to run out of gas, sometimes its mental and sometimes its physical, but this lifestyle we choose to lead is very physically draining and demanding and for us to not get overworked everyonce in a while would be crazy :D

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established

I hear ya. Us nattys have to work even harder!

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Honestly I don't think its age - IMO, you are bound to hit a point every once in a while where something is going to run out of gas, sometimes its mental and sometimes its physical, but this lifestyle we choose to lead is very physically draining and demanding and for us to not get overworked everyonce in a while would be crazy :D
Thats soo true man..our lifestyles have everything to do with our recovery and growth...im behind here with doing my logging..just got back from miami on a family trip but i didnt miss any of my workout days(i got a free one week pass at a no-name gym when i was down there..ill be updating everything this evening being i just steped in the house..its been super busy..tax returns and all... (Boy !did i stock up on the supplement tip--got a beutiful ten weeker lined up and..btw i bought 4 tubs of Lit-up.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Heres my last 3 workouts to get the log caught up.

Training has been steady and progressive as far as my strenth gains are going and i guess you could say i can contribute that to Lit-up as its been the only prework supp ive been using.

Im still using just two scoops preworkout but have been tempted to try three scoops.Two scoops of litup i think would be good for most people.

wed..9th feb

flat bench 275lbs rest paused- 6 reps then 4,3 rest paused 13 reps total -new pr

decline dumbell flys.. 35lb dumbells..used lighter weight and did held the negative contraction 15 seconds..these hurt 2x failure

bench dips x3 45 plates on lap 3 sets 15,11,8

barbell pull over

135lbs x 8 reps then 6,4 rest paused

Dead lift

3 progressive warmup sets then 315lbs x 7 reps- im working at getting stronger at these again and making proggress

that covers last wednsdays workout.

Friday feb 11th

i felt like doing a biceps only day using alot of machines and cables first and then finishing of with a little higher rep for me then usuall of weight excercises

as far as the machines go i really didnt count the weight i just through in the pins and went with the flow if you know what i mean as this was a day to shock my biceps.

seated isolateral cable curls 5 x 12-20 upping the weight each set
i forgot how fun these were.

seated one arm cable concetraion curls 3x 15-20 upping the weight each set

2 x hammerstrength single arm concetration curl 2 x 12-15

2 x machine preacher curl 10-15 reps

2 x preacher curl ez curl bar 95lbs x 10-12 reps
2x 95lb barbell curl 12-15 reps

while walking in the gym i was a little bit tired but the litup starting kicking in while warming up and i actually had a pretty fun workout.

i had an insane pump in my arms this day!

saturday feb 12th

Once again i started this workout tired and ended up having a solid workout.Ssaturdays workout was pretty basic but im feeling it today

barbell squats 6 sets working up to 255lbs for 8 reps

dumbell lunge holding 60lb dumbells 3 x 10-13 reps

80lb dumbells SLDL 2x 8-12 with a deep stretch

3 x single leg standing calve raisee holding 45lb plate

3x machine crunch

3x dip stand leg raise

that wraps up sat - sunday is sleep alot

barbell squats

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
glad to see I am not the only one with the ridculous pump on arm days - I haven't even been able to finish some of my workouts from being too pumped in my biceps

gidemon

Banned
Awards
mon feb 14th

today was a decent day in general and led up to a good workout.

workout was pretty old school and short with straight sets,energy levels were pretty high and my strenth was also in check.

my pump today was outstanding and i also took shorter rest today between sets as i was under a time limit(hate those resposibilitys) so by the time i got to bent over rows it was brutel.

flat barbell bench - 185 x12,225 x 8,255 x 8,275 x 6,225 x 12

incline incline barbell bench 185 x 12

flat bench dumbell fly 40lb dumbell x 10 reps

dumbell pullover 2x 25,20 x 40 lbs

bent over barbell row

155 x12,185x 10,205x8,225x6,185x12

dumbell side lateral raise 40 lb dumbells 3 x 6 reps

thats it for the day

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
mon feb 14th

today was a decent day in general and led up to a good workout.

workout was pretty old school and short with straight sets,energy levels were pretty high and my strenth was also in check.

my pump today was outstanding and i also took shorter rest today between sets as i was under a time limit(hate those resposibilitys) so by the time i got to bent over rows it was brutel.

flat barbell bench - 185 x12,225 x 8,255 x 8,275 x 6,225 x 12

incline incline barbell bench 185 x 12

flat bench dumbell fly 40lb dumbell x 10 reps

dumbell pullover 2x 25,20 x 40 lbs

bent over barbell row

155 x12,185x 10,205x8,225x6,185x12

dumbell side lateral raise 40 lb dumbells 3 x 6 reps

thats it for the day
Solid workout, bro!

gidemon

Banned
Awards
thanks..tonight i hurt my back doing deadlifts..hate that

ill get it logged tomorow

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
thanks..tonight i hurt my back doing deadlifts..hate that

ill get it logged tomorow
That sucks, man. I've had 2 lower-back surgeries, so I know how it feels to have a screwed up back. Hope it gets better quickly.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Yeah i seem to usually do it when things are going good with deadlifts..i think i could have been a little more warmed up and my foot placement was very wrong ,i ended up pulling more with my lower back then with my legs...this afternoon it was feeling a bit tweaked but its better now this evening.i think ill be allright for tomorows workout as long as im carefull.you know i would hate to eventually not be able to do deadlifts for risk of injury,i love the movement and im a beilever that it builds a ****load of muscle if done right.

last nights workout

deadlifts.. 185x15 225x12 255 x 10 275x10 315-forth rep my back tweaked?

calves- standing single leg raises holding one 45lb plate 3x failure with deep stretches holding for 10 seconds.

biceps-5 sets of incline dumbell curls-45 degree angle, 50lb dumbells, 11,9,8,8,6 reps

skull crushers -5 sets 115lb straight bar- 10,10,8,6,5

forearm wrist curls seated with 135lb straight bar- 2x 20,17 reps

crunches 4x failure

incline bench kneepups 3x failure

Workout out got off badly but i pulled through it,was ment to be short and sweet with deadlifts being the main focus but those got cut short.
Last night litup deilivered the energy and drive i needed and im still maintaining at the two scoop dosage.this is good stuff and it dosnt ware off in time like other pre-workout supplements do.as far as the energy and strength department goes i have been satisfied
completely.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
last nights workout was great..but started late as you can see the time of this posting.when i wake up later ill get the workout in and some more thoughts on litup.

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
good work brotha, keep it up :)

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Ive been experimenting with the old 10 week size surge program which is a sort of whole body workout 3 times a week.ive never stuck with whole body workout programs so im gone to stick this out no matter what then ill move back to some sort of bodypart split.I made some good gains with the 6 weeks of dc training that i just did.overall i would say i made strength gains more then hypertrophy gains.my calves and quads did increase in size but everything else looks about the same.on a bad note my arms actually look smaller...i think its because of the super low volume of dc training.litup is almost to the end of the tub and has been pushing me through some hard workouts even at low levels of energy and i can say litup has contributed to alot of strength gains as well.im very pleased with litup and i bought another tub to use.

friday
dumbell lunges 80lbs- 12,10,10,9,6

leg extensions 3x failure

leg curls 2x failure

barbell flat bench

135x20 155x15 185x12 225x12 255x9

2x flat bench dumbell flys 40lb dumbells x 12,10

3 sets of regular pushups to failure.. these sometimes can give a great chest pump at the end of a chest workout

bentover reverse grip barbell rows 135x12 155x12 185x10 205x8 225x7

3x barbell wide grip upright rows 115lbs x 11,9,8

standing side lateral raises 40lb dumbells 3x7,6,6

another nice oldschool session.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
monday

today i actually got to train back at the gym again.recently its been out of town and my brothers home gym which is decent but primative.

my energy levels were pretty good and i was feeling a good mood as well...even as much as i hate the music at my gym you miss the place when your not there for a while-i know that all sounded cheese ball

hack squats 90x18 180x15 230 x12 320x8 370x6

standing one legged hamstring curl machine- 100x9 90x11 90x8

seated leg extensions 150x15 150 x13 150x10

flat bench barbell press 135x20 155x15 185x10 205x8 255x10 225x12

incline barbell press 205x10

fly machine 1x18 dnt rem the weight

cable pulldowns wide grip 3 warmup sets then 205x12 205 x10

underhandgrip barbell rows 205x8 205 x 6

seated dumble shoulder press 85lb dumbells *new pr for me here.. 1x8 1x6

ezbar upright row 115lbs x 13 and 11 reps

thats it ,had fun now its eat and recover

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout, and I agree about the gym music. My gym plays awful music...I've just learned to tune it out and focus. The worst was at Christmas when they literally played Christmas carols.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
The worst was at Christmas when they literally played Christmas carols.

lmao...yeah my gym did the christmas thing too... it was strange but tuned it out with intensity.

chubbarock

chubbarock

Awards
  • Established
no ipod or phone = worst workouts of my life :(

I need music, it gets me into tunnel vision

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
So what do you have going on for today's workout?

gidemon

Banned
Awards
So what do you have going on for today's workout?

Well i have wednsday and tonights friday workout..Been a busy week but managed to get two great workouts in.Id say my energy levels have been up rather more then before.I did make some changes to my lit-up dosing.Since i never seemed to need more then two scoops per workout it was safe for me to assume that im somewhat not building a tolerance
to litup.So on my offdays during the week tues thursday i have been taking one scoop upon waking up(saturday i have been doing light abs in the am)also sunday i dont take any litup just as a straight day off.I have also been steady making stength gains while working around a few wears and tears..ouch

wednsday

deadlifts

today i took it light and did a breathing deadlift for 15 reps with 255..some people dont think that the deadlift will bring gains with reps that high.i beileve a good amount of hypertrophy can be acheived with a higher then normal rep(with a heavy weight ocourse) everyother deadlift workout alternating with heavier 5-6 rep range days.

dumbell shrugs 1-set seated 95lb dumbells 10 reps holding at top 2-3 seconds

calves

standing calf raise machine whole stack 12 reps after building up the weight with three warmup sets.i liked these so much i did them today as well.

seated calf raise

4 plates 20 and 15 reps 2 sets

ez bar preacher bench- 12 reps with 115lbs after 3 warm up sets.

supersetted with

single dumbell behind the head tricep extensions 95lb dumbell 12 reps after 3 warmup sets-new pr.

single arm hanging dumbell concetration curl(havnt done those in forever)

3 sets 45lb dumbell 3 sets 10,8,6 reps

3 sets of v-handle tricep bar cable pushdowns

120lbs strict-13,11,9 reps

ab crunch machine 3-sets in the 10-to 15 reps range dont rem weight used on stack(but it gave a good burn and contraction

incline board kneeups

3 sets to failure

thats wednsdays and i now realize its way late and i better get some zzz

i will update and log fridys workout later sat evening.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Looks like its time for me to wrap up this log.my last 3 workouts were gret and im still making gains in strength without hitting any walls.
MY highlights for the last 3 workouts would be..dumbell shoulder press 100lb dumbells x 7 reps-ive never done this..eva. 225lb incline barbell press 12 clean reps(finally) hey i know some folks can do some more major loads but 12 nice reps on incline barbell press is a good milestone for me--i also got 6 reps with 255lbs on the incline.20 reps with 225lbs on barbell squat(again a new milestone for me.im happy two say that Lit-up stuck it through and i actually went into another tub of it.Good and nice clean preworkout that gets better over time and the only complaint i could really say at all was one night my girl flipped out for a sec..the lit-up dyed my lips red like lipstick a good bit.but otherwise that may be getting sorted and if not its no problem becuase this stuff delivers as a pre-workout.Again thankyou A-N and reps for following my log and hooking me up.