MAP from Primordial Performance review

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So ive tried all 3 flavors of MAP that I ordered, and I can safely say that Cranberry is by far the best tasting one out of all of them. Tropical Mango and Strawberry Lemonade taste pretty good as well, but Cranberry is my new favorite protein.

Taste, solubility and ease of mixing rate very highly. I like the tub it comes in too, not too deep and wide enough to get my hand in the tub. Adding Creapure and Beta alanine did not effect the taste either. Anybody else have good experiences with MAP?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So ive tried all 3 flavors of MAP that I ordered, and I can safely say that Cranberry is by far the best tasting one out of all of them. Tropical Mango and Strawberry Lemonade taste pretty good as well, but Cranberry is my new favorite protein.

Taste, solubility and ease of mixing rate very highly. I like the tub it comes in too, not too deep and wide enough to get my hand in the tub. Adding Creapure and Beta alanine did not effect the taste either. Anybody else have good experiences with MAP?
Thanks for sharing your experience with MAP :)

The Cranberry flavour sounds and smells amazing (Sean has tubs of all the flavours in the cupboard), and is tempting. I have yet to try MAP, and might not (since my stomach does not respond well to ANY kind of protein powder any more), but the feedback on MAP has been nothing short of exceptional :thumbsup:

~Rosie~

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mango is my favorite, best tasting pepto-pro on the market by far.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

How did you use it? What did you notice as far as improved recovery??

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
I have tropical mango and strawberry lemonade. Love this stuff! I drink it pre work out w/ creapure, beta alanine and ibcaa's.

I just wish it came with more servings.(Maybe look into this PP)

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have tropical mango and strawberry lemonade. Love this stuff! I drink it pre work out w/ creapure, beta alanine and ibcaa's.

I just wish it came with more servings.(Maybe look into this PP)
Glad you like it!

Ya the larger serving size is something to look into, I would like a 10 pound bag. :D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you like it!

Ya the larger serving size is something to look into, I would like a 10 pound bag. :D
Most of out stuff needs to come with more servings - then again, more servings means they'd be more expensive, so :puppy_dog_eyes:

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How did you use it? What did you notice as far as improved recovery??
Less DOMS is very noticable AND I seem more dense feeling in my musculature. I put the Ibcaa's on hold while im giving MAP my sole attention for now. I use this 1st thing in the morning, before and during my workout ( 2 scoops every shake btw ), and more after my workout. Yeah, im goin to be goin through my MAP faster than I thought, but its worth it.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive noticed im not as hungry either while using MAP, wich is great. I need to trim down.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
I love the MAP myself.
use it PostWO with soem extra ibcaa's .

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Rulk, I agree with you on the Map being awesome, but Mango is the winner for me lol!
That's my favorite flavor I've tried, how's Strawberry Lemonade?

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Most of out stuff needs to come with more servings - then again, more servings means they'd be more expensive, so :puppy_dog_eyes:
Not necessarily. Larger quantity normally means "bulk discounting". It' why I've always bought protein in 5lb tubs or 10lb bags. 2lb are "too expensive" per lb. Small ones are nice for sampling but once I'm using something I want to get it cheaper by buying more at once.

If pp offered bulk discounting on MAP I might order some. (hint, hint) :D

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Intra-workout right now I'm using: 1 scoop Unflavored MAP, 1 scoop Strawberry Lemonade MAP, 5g IBCAA, 5g Creapure and 1.6g Beta-Alanine.

It positively rocks.
I bet it does! Sounds delicious btw!

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Intra-workout right now I'm using: 1 scoop Unflavored MAP, 1 scoop Strawberry Lemonade MAP, 5g IBCAA, 5g Creapure and 1.6g Beta-Alanine.

It positively rocks.
Is the unflavored MAP overpowering? I'm sure you cant taste it as much mixed with strawberry lemonade. I thought about getting the unflavored and mixing it with crystal light.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is the unflavored MAP overpowering? I'm sure you cant taste it as much mixed with strawberry lemonade. I thought about getting the unflavored and mixing it with crystal light.
It's actually not bad - bcaas are WAY worse. Mixed with the Strawberry lemonade, it's quite nice. Light and easily sippable.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not necessarily. Larger quantity normally means "bulk discounting". It' why I've always bought protein in 5lb tubs or 10lb bags. 2lb are "too expensive" per lb. Small ones are nice for sampling but once I'm using something I want to get it cheaper by buying more at once.

If pp offered bulk discounting on MAP I might order some. (hint, hint) :D
Exactly my thoughts and reasoning!

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for sharing your experience with MAP :)

The Cranberry flavour sounds and smells amazing (Sean has tubs of all the flavours in the cupboard), and is tempting. I have yet to try MAP, and might not (since my stomach does not respond well to ANY kind of protein powder any more), but the feedback on MAP has been nothing short of exceptional :thumbsup:

~Rosie~
Rosie, my stomach doesn't respond well to many proteins either. I have tried MAP, blends, pure whey ect. I always try to find products without artificial sweeteners or lactose. Just curious if you have tried goat milk based proteins? I was thinking about trying "Goatein." Many claim that the proteins in goats milk are easier to digest, whats your take?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, my stomach doesn't respond well to many proteins either. I have tried MAP, blends, pure whey ect. I always try to find products without artificial sweeteners or lactose. Just curious if you have tried goat milk based proteins? I was thinking about trying "Goatein." Many claim that the proteins in goats milk are easier to digest, whats your take?
I haven't used any goat-milk proteins that I am aware of. Honestly, I haven't used protein powder for a long time now (and won't be, either) - I just stick to my BC+EAA and MuscleGel Shots.

~Rosie~

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I generally have an iron stomach when it comes to wheys, so It might not be worth it for me, but it is definitely something I will keep in mind to suggest to others.

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Well I generally have an iron stomach when it comes to wheys, so It might not be worth it for me, but it is definitely something I will keep in mind to suggest to others.
I have nothing close to an iron stomach (I have IBS and even high quality, pure proteins like MAP give me issues) so if this stuff works for me, I would suspect it would work for most people who have trouble digesting bovine proteins. Also, to anyone else with GI problems I would highly recommend Extreme Immunity Amazon.com: Extreme Immunity 100% Pure Immunolin / One Month Supply, 150 Gram Plastic Canister: Health & Personal Care

I have been through top notch probiotics and digestive enzymes, done colon cleanses, on a gluten free, high fiber diet, all of it helped a bit but nothing gave me dramatic improvements like the extreme immunity did.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have nothing close to an iron stomach (I have IBS and even high quality, pure proteins like MAP give me issues) so if this stuff works for me, I would suspect it would work for most people who have trouble digesting bovine proteins. Also, to anyone else with GI problems I would highly recommend Extreme Immunity Amazon.com: Extreme Immunity 100% Pure Immunolin / One Month Supply, 150 Gram Plastic Canister: Health & Personal Care

I have been through top notch probiotics and digestive enzymes, done colon cleanses, on a gluten free, high fiber diet, all of it helped a bit but nothing gave me dramatic improvements like the extreme immunity did.
Thank you sir, I hear this alot and now I will know what to recommend!

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay I talked to Eric in person over the Emerald cup weekend and we discussed the idea of bulk MAP for sale. Lets get a show of hands of who would spend money on 5lbs of MAP and be okay with not getting a discount. The mark up on MAP btw is terrible.

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
I've perused trying it, let us know how you like it
Had my first smoothie today at 8:30, taste was alright. If you have ever had goats milk, it has a distinct taste, this protein is no different. Its not bad though and when I mixed mine with almond milk and cherries it tasted decent. More importantly though, it seems to be digesting well. No gas or bloat yet. I had another dose post workout at around 4pm and it seems to be sitting well. With other proteins I would definitely know by now that its not digesting well. So preliminary report is all good. I'll be using two scoops tomorrow (as its only 13 grams of protein per scoop) for breakfast so I'll let you know how it pans out.

Also a note, I am currently out of Extreme Immunity which is usually the only way I am able to stomach other proteins, so goats milk protein is getting an A+ from me as of day one.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Okay I talked to Eric in person over the Emerald cup weekend and we discussed the idea of bulk MAP for sale. Lets get a show of hands of who would spend money on 5lbs of MAP and be okay with not getting a discount. The mark up on MAP btw is terrible.
Holding up both hands, With credit card in one hand! It doesn't even need to be 5lbs, I'd be happy with double or triple the servings. BTW i've taken lots of cr@p pre work out drinks over the years and if I had to pick one thing to drink pre work out it would be MAP. I was surprised at how much of a difference it made. I'm stocking up on bulk EAA's, IBCAA's, Creapure, Beta Alanine, GPLC, Leucine and Glutamine Peptides and LCLT. Just waiting for a sale on MAP so I can buy 10 tubs.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had my first smoothie today at 8:30, taste was alright. If you have ever had goats milk, it has a distinct taste, this protein is no different. Its not bad though and when I mixed mine with almond milk and cherries it tasted decent. More importantly though, it seems to be digesting well. No gas or bloat yet. I had another dose post workout at around 4pm and it seems to be sitting well. With other proteins I would definitely know by now that its not digesting well. So preliminary report is all good. I'll be using two scoops tomorrow (as its only 13 grams of protein per scoop) for breakfast so I'll let you know how it pans out.

Also a note, I am currently out of Extreme Immunity which is usually the only way I am able to stomach other proteins, so goats milk protein is getting an A+ from me as of day one.
Great to hear, you are not the first one who had issues with whey and liked the Goat milk.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So for 5 pounds we would be looking at around 150 dollars right? Since the mark-up is already just about as low as we can get then I don't see the point.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holding up both hands, With credit card in one hand! It doesn't even need to be 5lbs, I'd be happy with double or triple the servings. BTW i've taken lots of cr@p pre work out drinks over the years and if I had to pick one thing to drink pre work out it would be MAP. I was surprised at how much of a difference it made. I'm stocking up on bulk EAA's, IBCAA's, Creapure, Beta Alanine, GPLC, Leucine and Glutamine Peptides and LCLT. Just waiting for a sale on MAP so I can buy 10 tubs.
MAP is superior imo to BCAA's, MAP and BCAA's combined with LCLT is an incredible mix. Custom is coming out with something along these lines, and I can attest to the effectiveness of this combination.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So for 5 pounds we would be looking at around 150 dollars right? Since the mark-up is already just about as low as we can get then I don't see the point.
If it was 140 instead do you think it would be doable? When I talked to Eric he really said they make barely any profit on it. Im just assuming they want to carry the best and keep the whole line up as top shelf as possible.

Jorsn, I new you were in bro and had you in mind as well as djm and HTS. Including me that makes 4. If we can get a good amount of guys signing up for this, it might get the green light. Basically I could see them putting it into a plastic bag, all 5lbs of it and a scooper. Id be totally fine getting it like that too.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
If it was 140 instead do you think it would be doable? When I talked to Eric he really said they make barely any profit on it. Im just assuming they want to carry the best and keep the whole line up as top shelf as possible.

Jorsn, I new you were in bro and had you in mind as well as djm and HTS. Including me that makes 4. If we can get a good amount of guys signing up for this, it might get the green light. Basically I could see them putting it into a plastic bag, all 5lbs of it and a scooper. Id be totally fine getting it like that too.
I appreciate you keeping me in mind, Thanks man. Maybe Eric could do limited runs of 5lbs MAP every few months that way he's not just sitting on a bunch of unsold product.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Oh I definitely would buy it, just for the convenience factor.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HAHA nice pic! Now just imagine a giant ziploc bag instead:) How you liking the strawberry lemonade flavor?
It is good, but if I had to rank those in order, it would be Mango > Cranberry > Strawberry Lemonade, but its a tough call, they are all good.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate you keeping me in mind, Thanks man. Maybe Eric could do limited runs of 5lbs MAP every few months that way he's not just sitting on a bunch of unsold product.
Not a problem, I had a to do list of sorts that I wanted to talk to Eric about and MAP was definatly on it. Really for the idea to be taken seriously, we would probably have to see a significant amount of guys willing to do this and do this month after month. The discount might be only 5 dollars, but you would have a huge ziplock bag of MAP. Really its numbers, we just need more guys interested in trying MAP and letting them find out why we are so big on it. From there the demand will grow.