TrueProtein Premium Flavor Samples Review - 30 flavors reviewed

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Watermelon Wave: 6/10

Mixability: 8/10 - took a couple minutes to dissolve.

Taste: 6/10 - It was a sweet, watermelon bubble-gum type of flavor. It started off with a strong chemical aftertaste, but after drinking for a while it tasted more and more like watermelon bubbaliscious. It still has a bit of a chemical aftertaste, but it was okay for a change of pace.

Overall: 6/10 - While I think I would get sick of this if I had it more frequently, and I didn't like the chemical aftertaste, it was sweet and different. I don't think that qualifies it as a good purchase, unless you like watermelon bubblegum with chemical aftertaste!

2. Anymore updates at this point?

3. Cookie Dough: 3/10

Mixability: 9/10 - no problems.

Taste: 3/10 - This was a pretty bad flavor, very artificial and chemically. I don't want to try cookies made from this kind of dough!

Overall: 3/10 - I couldn't identify this taste, but it wasn't good. I can drink it, but didn't like it.

4. Chocolate Orange: 7.5/10

Mixability: 7/10 - took a couple minutes to dissolve, and left some orange specks on the shaker even after rinsing.

Taste: 7.5/10 - Pretty good balance of orange and chocolate. It was sweet, but not overly sweet like the peanut butter was.

Overall: 7.5/10 - If you like this flavor combo, it's good. I might get sick of it after 5lbs. Good balanced flavor, slightly more orange than chocolate.

5. Chocolate Mint: 6.5/10

Mixability: 8/10 - took a couple minutes to dissolve.

Taste: 6.5/10 - Really light flavor, not enough chocolate IMO. It was okay, but not something I'd rush out to get. Too weak for me, though the mint flavor was alright.

Overall: 6.5/10 - It's not much in the way of a true chocolate mint (chocolate orange was better balance), but the mint flavor wasn't terrible. If you like light/weak flavors, this goes down easy.

6. Coconut: 5.5/10

Mixability: 8/10 - took a few minutes to fully dissolve.

Taste: 5.5/10 - tasted like plastic, strong artificial flavor too. It was sweet, and seemed to make an attempt at an artificial coconut, but there was a strong plastic overtone to the whole flavor. I hope the Coconut Cream is better, like the Banana Cream was far superior to Banana.

Overall: 5.5/10 - If it didn't have such a strong plastic and artificial flavor it might have been alright. The sweetness was appropriate for a coconut flavor, not overly sweet or anything. However, I couldn't get past the first taste and overtones.
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Great updates, bro.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

8. Yes thanks. Im thinking about doing the recession whey 25 pounder and then getting you're 5 highest rated flavor ratings.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Great updates, bro.
    Hope it's helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweight1 View Post
    Yes thanks. Im thinking about doing the recession whey 25 pounder and then getting you're 5 highest rated flavor ratings.
    Java Mocha and Dutch Double Chocolate are both solid. Banana Cream was good if you like bananas. From there, it'll be based on preference. I hope the descriptions give you an idea what the taste is like, since taste ratings are subjective.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 10:58 PM
  2. BSL Flavors in on TrueProtein
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 09:52 PM