Houstontexas Gets LIT-UP Log

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.11%

Good to see LIT-UP is still working out for you! As far as your squat increases, my advice would be to take it slow and use proper form. The weight is going to increase. The worst thing you can do is pile more weight on the bar and hurt yourself. I tell you a good way to increase your weight that many people don't utilize....Hip adductors/abductors. If you have the machine for them, use it! Strengthen your hips/groin, and your lifts will increase.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

DB Incline Bench: 3x12 w/45lb DB's
    BB Close Grip Bench: 3x8 w/135lbs
    DB Flat Bench: 2x8 w/50lb DB's
    Concentration Curls superset w/ Skullcrushers: 3x10 w/27.5lb DB's & 3x8 w/60lbs
    Rope Pushdowns superset w/ Hammer Curls: 3x12 w/85lbs & 3x8 w/27.5lb DB's
    Dips superset w/ Cable Chest pulls?: 3x12 & 3x8 w/40lbs
    EZ Bar Curls: 3x8 w/60lbs

I changed up the last part due to certain machines being open etc, but I got the job done. Today was a great workout thanks to Lit-Up.

Thanks Chubba I will check out that link bro. I am making form my main focus now. I have been having shoulder pain off and on for a while and I think it was increasing my weight too fast and not having the greatest form while increasing that weight. I feel like I have gotten a lot better, but now I still have the pain. I don't want to do that to my back or something so I will take it slow.

Dr I will have to give those machines a shot. I can't lie mostly women get on those things so I have stayed away from them even though I know they would benefit me. I guess I have to get over it and man up. Or is it man down? Thanks for the tip bro.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.48%

take care of that shoulder! oh and I agree with david, and I actually use the add/abduction machines myself

if the shoulder problem persists, there is a FANTASTIC book on shoulder injuries by Eric Cressey, can't remember the book name but if u search for him it should undoubtedly come up

blackcats show up yet? should be ne day now...
    -Jon-
    Applied Nutriceuticals Forum Representative - www.appnut.com
    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applied-Nutriceuticals/64122223218
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.79%

Quote Originally Posted by chubbarock View Post
    take care of that shoulder! oh and I agree with david, and I actually use the add/abduction machines myself

if the shoulder problem persists, there is a FANTASTIC book on shoulder injuries by Eric Cressey, can't remember the book name but if u search for him it should undoubtedly come up

blackcats show up yet? should be ne day now...
    Blackcats have not shown up yet. I keep looking for them every day lol. I am actually thinking of going to the doc about my shoulder, but idk if I really want to. I have money put aside onto a medical expense card from work so I won't have to come up with the money out of pocket. My bro went last year b/c he threw out his shoulder and he ended up spending about $800 bucks between doc visits, MRI (is that it I'm not sure), and rehab. He was out of commission from the gym for 6 months. I don't want to walk in and hear that I should stop working out for a long time. I also don't want to screw up my shoulder worse and be out for even longer. I know it still feels ****ty when I bench and stuff and sometimes I can feel a slight pain just moving it during regular activities. I have been warming it up more at the gym than usual to help keep it from getting worse. What do you guys think I should do?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.48%

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    Blackcats have not shown up yet. I keep looking for them every day lol. I am actually thinking of going to the doc about my shoulder, but idk if I really want to. I have money put aside onto a medical expense card from work so I won't have to come up with the money out of pocket. My bro went last year b/c he threw out his shoulder and he ended up spending about $800 bucks between doc visits, MRI (is that it I'm not sure), and rehab. He was out of commission from the gym for 6 months. I don't want to walk in and hear that I should stop working out for a long time. I also don't want to screw up my shoulder worse and be out for even longer. I know it still feels ****ty when I bench and stuff and sometimes I can feel a slight pain just moving it during regular activities. I have been warming it up more at the gym than usual to help keep it from getting worse. What do you guys think I should do?
    http://ericcressey.com/

check out this dudes website - his blog and everything - i would be shocked if you couldnt find something to help with your shoulder

tough to make a call on going to the doc as only you know how bad it really is - I am stubborn, so I personally probably wouldn't go, but thats just me I am not advising you not to go lol
    -Jon-
    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applied-Nutriceuticals/64122223218
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.79%

Quote Originally Posted by chubbarock View Post
    http://ericcressey.com/

check out this dudes website - his blog and everything - i would be shocked if you couldnt find something to help with your shoulder

tough to make a call on going to the doc as only you know how bad it really is - I am stubborn, so I personally probably wouldn't go, but thats just me I am not advising you not to go lol
    LOL I hear ya man. It has not been bad enough to make me go yet so I guess it probably isn't as bad as it sounds. I mean I still hit the weights heavy and get through it pretty good. Every time I bench though I envision my right shoulder giving out and the bar landing on my chest. It makes me watch my form a lot more and pay attention to what I am doing so it has its benefits. Thanks for the site bro I will definitely check it out.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.79%

Thanks for the link D0zer. I have been working tons of OT at work so I haven't been able to keep up with the log like usual. I have not kept the IF diet or the increased carbs b/c it just wasn't fitting for my schedule and I was feeling hella bloated all the time. I think the mix between all the carbs and meals squeezed into 8hrs was just too much. I have gone back to eating a low carb diet. I am looking at around 50-100 carbs a day depending on what I eat. I am still loving the routine and it is kicking my butt. Leg hypertrophy day is friggin killer man. I was about to throw up like midway through the workout, but I still managed to finish it all minus 1 calf exercise at the end. Lit-Up really seems to help me power through the workouts even with my carb deficiency so I have to say I am truly impressed. The sad thing is I only have a few more servings and then I will be on empty.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.48%

I just ran out of LITup yesterday, and it was ultra depressing lol - gotta order me some more now!
    -Jon-
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.79%

Well I have enough Lit-Up for tomorrow and that is it. I will definitely be making this my main pre workout drink from now on though. I have some MP Assault to use, but after that I don't plan on going back to Jack3d or C4. This is definitely where its at guys so get on it. I have gotten stronger in this past month or so that is for sure as my bench was up today. I hit 5x5 at 185lbs and could have actually hit a few more reps, but I wanted to stick to my routine and consistently bump it up each week.

@Chubba: I got my black cats in the mail today so I will get to try 1 out with my last serving of Lit-Up. Thanks again bro.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.11%

Well I have enough Lit-Up for tomorrow and that is it. I will definitely be making this my main pre workout drink from now on though. I have some MP Assault to use, but after that I don't plan on going back to Jack3d or C4. This is definitely where its at guys so get on it. I have gotten stronger in this past month or so that is for sure as my bench was up today. I hit 5x5 at 185lbs and could have actually hit a few more reps, but I wanted to stick to my routine and consistently bump it up each week.

@Chubba: I got my black cats in the mail today so I will get to try 1 out with my last serving of Lit-Up. Thanks again bro.
    Great to see you are sold on LIT-Up! It really is a fantastic product. Looking forward to seeing how you like the stack of LU and BC.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Just a little something to think about houstontexas...I dont know what your spacific goals are but my first powerlifting routine was from Eric Cresseys book Maximum Strength and it was one of the best routines for me. The stretches and soft tissue work were well worth the money alone. Be careful with that shoulder because it can put you outta commission for quite some time. Im glad your loving LU as much as me! This stuff is great!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.79%

Today's workout was pretty great. It was legs day and I always enjoy hitting my legs.

Squats 5x5 @ 205
    Deads 5x5 @ 185
    Seated Extensions 3x5 @ 205
    Seated Curls 3x5 @ 160
    Seated Calves 3x15 @ 90+ whatever machine is
    Standing Smith Calves 3x15 @ 185

I took my last serving of about 1.5 scoops of Lit-Up with a Black Cat before hitting the gym. I felt really good with the BC coming in and picking up for the missed half scoop. I was super focused and felt like I could lift all day.

@ Drinkyboy That book sounds like a great read. I will have to look into it later. Thanks for the heads up and I will definitely look after the shoulder.

Thanks again AN!! I love Lit-Up!! I just wanna scream it from the rooftops!! This is the top Pre-Workout drink I have ever tried hands down so if you haven't tried it get out your credit card and go order a few bottles b/c you won't regret it.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.11%

Today's workout was pretty great. It was legs day and I always enjoy hitting my legs.

Squats 5x5 @ 205
    Deads 5x5 @ 185
    Seated Extensions 3x5 @ 205
    Seated Curls 3x5 @ 160
    Seated Calves 3x15 @ 90+ whatever machine is
    Standing Smith Calves 3x15 @ 185

I took my last serving of about 1.5 scoops of Lit-Up with a Black Cat before hitting the gym. I felt really good with the BC coming in and picking up for the missed half scoop. I was super focused and felt like I could lift all day.

@ Drinkyboy That book sounds like a great read. I will have to look into it later. Thanks for the heads up and I will definitely look after the shoulder.

Thanks again AN!! I love Lit-Up!! I just wanna scream it from the rooftops!! This is the top Pre-Workout drink I have ever tried hands down so if you haven't tried it get out your credit card and go order a few bottles b/c you won't regret it.
    Nice workout, and thank you so much for your support!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.48%

Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    Just a little something to think about houstontexas...I dont know what your spacific goals are but my first powerlifting routine was from Eric Cresseys book Maximum Strength and it was one of the best routines for me. The stretches and soft tissue work were well worth the money alone. Be careful with that shoulder because it can put you outta commission for quite some time. Im glad your loving LU as much as me! This stuff is great!
    Glad to see a fellow Eric Cressey fan, the dude is at the top of his game for sure

Hahaha this is probably my favorite quote from any review I have read through so far
    -Jon-