Best Protein supplements and why

Meat44

Awards
Im curious to know some of your guys go to protein/post workout recovery shake

For the past year ive been using dorian yates protein powder 30 minutes after my workout, as well as throughout the day

What works for you guys, and what would you guys recommend to me

thanks guys

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
Im curious to know some of your guys go to protein/post workout recovery shake

For the past year ive been using dorian yates protein powder 30 minutes after my workout, as well as throughout the day

What works for you guys, and what would you guys recommend to me

thanks guys
Immediately post workout I take 10g 4:1:1 BCAA's + 15g Pepto-Pro + 3g creatine + 1g beta-alanine + 2g citrulline malate (with stevia to sweeten). 30 minutes after that I either have a larger and slower digesting protein/carb/fat shake or an actual meal depending on my schedule for that day.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Immediately post workout I take 10g 4:1:1 BCAA's + 15g Pepto-Pro + 3g creatine + 1g beta-alanine + 2g citrulline malate (with stevia to sweeten). 30 minutes after that I either have a larger and slower digesting protein/carb/fat shake or an actual meal depending on my schedule for that day.
This is a very nice protocol you got. OP, this is good idea if you wanna try something really different.

As for a post workout protein shake... i'd say try MAP post workout(max absorbed protein) followed by a whole a whole food meal OR plain and simple use any quality Whey ISOLATE based shake.

Quality companies i would/do use are syntrax-Nectar, truscience- isolate and iso-ology, optimum nutrition- 100% natural whey, and NutraPlanet- NutraPro just to name a few. I prefer stevia sweetened ( MAP and Optimum natty whey) over sucralose sweetened proteins.

What I am currently using is Genomyx Protocol V2 immediately post workout (to optimize recovery and protein anabolism) and 15 minutes later I drink a shake of Optimum's natty whey with some simple carbs (usually equal amounts of both).

Meat44

Awards
i have a workout bud that is always trying to get me on MAP post workout, i think im gonna look a little more into it.

I relied to much on shakes as a youth, i realize the best nutrition comes from whole foods but i still know i need to get a fast absorbing protein in my system 30 min after

but that MAP looks like a winner to me right now, im gonna do a little more research on it but thanks for the advice guys