MidwestBeast's run with Millennium's Somnidren GH ULTRA (sponsored log)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I'm finally back at work and shipping has picked back up, so to my surprise I had a nice little package waiting here for me this morning :D

I want to give a big thank you to CTDeuce and Bnatural for the selection to log this, as well as all of the samples included.

Yesterday marked Day 1 of a major cut for me, and I have created a log for it as well (unsponsored). If you care to see any of the specific details of this cut, you can check them out here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/166649-midwestbeasts-natty-new.html

I don't want that to deter traffic from this log whatsoever, but I want to mainly focus on the effects of this supplement here. I want to namely follow it's effects on my sleep, rest, recovery, etc. Of course, all things noticed and worth mentioning will be ;)

A little info on what this cut consists of, though, just so you're aware of my training, nutrition, etc. is:

Starting weight: 230 lbs (morning of Jan. 3rd, 2011)

I've already been on a keto diet for a week, so things are in full swing already in terms of ketosis. However, now it will get very clean and my fat intake will drop substantially. I'll be doing 2 carbohydrate refeeds each week (unless I feel like I'm doing really well and want to skip one occasionally). Refeeds will be on Tuesdays and Fridays; when I start I do my first is still up in the air, though. I'll lay out sample daily diets for keto days as well as refeed days at some point.

Training is taking a new turn for me. I will be doing 20 minutes of MIIT (moderate intensity interval training) on the treadmill each morning upon rising (after weighing in and then drinking 1 liter of water and taking my first batch of supplements). I use 2 minute intervals and vary the incline and speed. I ensure that the entire workout is at least somewhat difficult.

I will be using a 5-day split for lifting:

Monday: Biceps/Triceps
Tuesday: Legs/Abs
Wednesday: Delts/Traps
Thursday: Double Cardio
Friday: Chest/Abs
Saturday: Back
Sunday: Double Cardio

On double cardio days, I'll do my average 20 minutes in the morning and then another 45 (or so) minute session in the evening.

Abs will be done as bodyweight exercises one day and weighted exercises another.

I am trying something new in terms of my training. Odd weeks will be similar to my average style of training, but with abbreviated rest between sets (60 seconds between sets, 120 seconds when changing exercises). This will obviously lead to less weight getting pushed, but that's what even weeks are for. Even weeks will be Max-OT style training of rep ranges 4-6 and rest periods of 2-3 minutes. This will be my attempt at saving some strength as well as keeping my muscles shocked.

I have taken the last 4 days (prior to Monday) off from the gym completely to rest up (but not the diet). I've also been stimulant free (with 0 stimulants whatsoever) for the past 4 weeks, so I'm good to go.

Now for your favorite part: the supplementation. This is one all-out and crazy cut, but everything has its purpose in this. Many will think this is over-kill, and it really is in some ways, but there won't be conflicting supplements used. As I said, everything serves a very specific purpose here.

This is what I'll be using:

Ephedrine: 25mg 3x/day Weeks 1-8
Oxy Elite Pro: 2 caps 1x/day Weeks 1-8
Caffeine: 200mg 2x/day Weeks 1-8
EGCg: 400-500mg 2x/day Weeks 1-8
Lean Xtreme 1 cap 3x/day Weeks 1-7
HEAT Stack 1 cap 3x/day Weeks 1-8
TT-33 1 cap 4x/day Weeks 5-8
Sesamin 1 cap 3x/day Weeks 1-8
CLA 1 cap 3x/day Weeks 1-8
ALC 1 cap 2x/day Weeks 1-8
Eviscerate Weeks 5-8
Pink Magic 2 caps 3-4x/day Weeks 1-8
ERASE 1 cap 3x/day Weeks 5-8
Triazole 1 cap 3x/day Weeks 1-4
Potassium Citrate 99mg 3x/day Weeks 1-8
Potassium Gluconate 99mg 3x/day Weeks 1-8
Oximega Greens 1 scoop 1x/day Weeks 1-8

And this is how the dosing will be for the start of things until noted otherwise:

6:15 Ephedrine /2 OEP /EGCg /Lean Xtreme / HEAT / 2 Triazole
7:00 Meal 1 – Sesamin / CLA / ALC / NOW Adam / Pink Magic /Super Enzymes/ Potassium Citrate & Gluconate / Oximega Greens / Fish Oil
9:30 Meal 2
10:30 Ephedrine / Caffeine / EGCg / Lean Xtreme / HEAT
12:00 Meal 3 – Sesamin / CLA / ALC / Pink Magic / Super Enzymes / Potassium Citrate & Gluconate
2:15 Ephedrine / Caffeine /Lean Xtreme / HEAT / Triazole
3:00 Meal 4
4:15 pre-workout – Pink Magic / whatever pre-wo I choose to add
6:00 Meal 5
7:00 Meal 6 – Sesamin / CLA / Multi / Pink Magic /Super Enzymes / Zinc / Potassium Citrate & Gluconate
9:30 Meal 7
10:30 Somnidren GH Ultra

I'll be taking 3 scoops of USP Labs ModernBCAAs and mixing them in with 1/2 a gallon of water to drink intra workout (until further notice of when I run out and switch products).

I'll also be drinking between 2 and 3 gallons of water daily:

- 1 liter upon rising
- 1 liter post cardio/shower with Meal 1
- 4 liters minimum throughout work day
- 2 liters intra-workout

I will be doing before and after pictures as well as possibly some progress pictures along the way. Before picture will be taken this evening, but will not be posted until the end of things (or at least later).

Since this product is to be taken 5 days on, 2 days off, my days off from its use will be Friday and Saturday. With that in mind, this first time around I'll be going 3 on, 2 off.

:cheers:

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to this log

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have both of you on board.

Last night was my first dose. I didn't feel anything just yet. I slept pretty heavy, but did have to get up twice throughout the night to use the bathroom (due to drinking more water than I'd prefer before bed to alleviate some cramping issues from the previous 2 days).

Weight this morning: 226.2 (-3.8 from Monday)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1-6-11:

Weight: 226.2 (-3.8 / unchanged from yesterday)

This was my 2nd night of using Somnidren, and it already kicked for me. I'm pretty sure (unfortunately) that I'm coming down with being a bit sick. Had a scratchy throat for a few days, been a bit congested, throat felt a little tight this morning.

So, that has been waking me up a bit the last 2-3 nights.

However; despite that, I felt like I was blacked out last night lol. It was heavy sleep for sure, and I didn't remember my dreams, etc. When I would get up to go to the bathroom or to cough, I'd be out pretty quickly short after.

I'm really interested to see how this persists and I'm even more interested in shaking this little sickness so I can feel what Somnidren can do when I'm not waking up so frequently.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if its in the onset, get some echinacea and vitamin c
Thanks for that, bro. I went hard on some vitamin C, along with a few other things. It got way worse, but I think I'm pretty much out, now.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Used again on Thursday night and I can't comment on any effects, because the sickness got way worse. It was an awful night's sleep and I felt the worst I have in a long time Friday morning.

I didn't use last night and won't use tonight, either.

Sunday night marks my getting to use (hopefully in a non-sick setting lol) for a full 5 days in a row.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1-7-11

Morning weight: 226.4 (-3.8 / unchanged again)

Skipped cardio again and my chest day. I was really, really sick. I'll explain in a moment.

This was a carb re-feed day. It was supposed to be my chest workout day and I didn't want to do it on a day out of the gym, but with being dehydrated at the beginning of the week, there was no waiting another day to risk that again.

1-8-11

Morning Weight: 224 lbs (-6 overall / -2.4 from yesterday)

20 minutes fasted cardio (treadmill 2 minute intervals)

This was the first day I've done my morning cardio in a while, after having to skip 3 sessions. Despite the carb refeed yesterday, i still dropped 2.4 lbs. Since I wasn't working out, cals were kept low. Since it was a refeed day, fat was kept low, as well. Protein wasn't as high as I'd like yesterday, but still pretty good (considering how sick I was). Carb refeed consisted of 4 meals of approximately 60g carbs each.

I'm about to go hit chest in a bit, and excited for that, since I'd been sick for a while.

General Health Update:

Okay, so as much as I didn't want to admit it, I got sick. I very rarely get sick, so when it hits, it sucks. I started getting a scratchy throat on Wednesday night, but it wasn't too bad. Thursday morning I woke up with my throat feeling a bit tight as well as scratchy, but it still wasn't that awful. As soon as I got home from work Thursday afternoon, it hit bad. I got hit with some nasty congestion (nose and ears) and felt like I was underwater. The rest of Thursday night sucked, it was miserable sleep. Friday morning I woke up and there was no way I could go into work; it had somehow become even worse. In fact, I couldn't even go back to sleep, so luckily I was able to do some work from home at least. It would go through waves of feeling better, then worse. I was convinced at one point that I could go into the gym and get my lift in, but convinced myself not to - and I'm glad.

I ended up having a fever come on in the evening, too. I got a little lightheaded and things were really bad. That finally broke (I slept on the couch downstairs for a bit) and then I went up to bed and slept for another 7 hours or so straight.

I woke up this morning and felt not "great" but much better. Ears have popped, congestion in the nose isn't as bad and swelling in my tonsils is subsiding. Scratchy throat isn't as bad now, either.

If anyone wants updates on how I medicated to get through this, just ask and I'll post; otherwise I'm not going to type all of that out.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, all I have left is a very mild sore throat (incredible lack of appetite, too) and a bit of a stuffy nose. I can live with that. I normally have sinus problems and deal with the stuffy nose, anyway.

Only got 6 hours of sleep last night, but they were solid! Definitely had some crazy dreams (last one I can recall that was interrupted when I got up was something to do with being in a car with a girl and she was driving in an enclosed building and we needed to get out ASAP because of a mob or something of that nature, and then she ended up staying right in it and I had some guy comin after me with an axe and I started swinging at him. It was not pleasant :lol: lol).

Got scared to death for some reason when my alarm went off (set to come onto radio, fairly loud, so I can't miss it - also placed across the room so I physically have to get up to turn it off). Nothing has changed - not even the volume - but it got my heart racing.

Felt good to start the day off!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing new to report, just another solid night's sleep ;)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
lol the dreams have always been one of my favorite parts of S-GH

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol the dreams have always been one of my favorite parts of S-GH
Oh, no doubt ;)

Beast: Are you noticing that when you wake up that you are much more awake and don't have the usual groggy feeling? Thats one of the big things I've noticed. The other thing is dreaming more often. I havent been able to test out the recovery aspects yet though... Hope you start feeling better man. Here is a link to mine if you want to check it out... http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/166710-legacys-somnidren-gh.html#post2712835
You know, I am. It's been a little hit and miss sometimes because I've just given myself less sleep than desirable and when it's so cold, I want to retreat back to bed under the covers when the alarm goes off.

I'm definitely never groggy, but there are still days when I want to keep milking the sleep (even though I'm pretty alert). I despise winter.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid sleep again last night; got to bed a little earlier than I had been, which was nice and needed. Got in bed around 10, but fell asleep just after 11 after watching a bit of TV and talking to some friends for a while. Got 7 hours of sleep before the alarm went off; I always snooze it once (it's set to go off earlier than normal to cater to this) and snoozed it one extra time, but only laid there for about 4-5 minutes before getting up on my own before it went off again. Then the morning cardio and all that fun stuff.

No memory of any vivid dreams last night, but another night of uninterrupted sleep - which is very welcomed.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
uninterrupted sleep is always nice
It sure is ;)

And speaking of that, another night of the same last night. I'm really loving hitting the pillows, drifting off quickly and feeling like I black out for the entire night until I hear the alarm go off. I've been dragging getting up in the morning a bit, still, but just because it's so cold and still dark outside when I get up.

I can't speak too much on the recovery aspect, yet. I know my legs are ridiculously toasted from Tuesday night's workout and they're worse today than they were yesterday morning.

But, I'm also new to the alternating weeks of training styles and also I haven't lifted as hard as I am this week since August.

In another week or two, my body should be somewhat adjusted to it so I can comment on recovery, then.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't dose Sunday night, since I had Monday off from work and knew I'd be getting as much sleep as I wanted.

Dosed last night after a rough arm session and then 2 hours of basketball later on. Only got ~5 hours of sleep, but I feel good considering that this morning.

That being said, I plan on being in bed by like 9:30 tonight :lol: lol.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
When I used to work 3rd shift I would use S-GH powder every morning when I went to bed and I would only get 5-6 hours of sleep because my body didnt like sleeping during the day. Point being, it felt like I got 8 hours of normal sleep at night :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, its good you are feelin good on so little sleep
When I used to work 3rd shift I would use S-GH powder every morning when I went to bed and I would only get 5-6 hours of sleep because my body didnt like sleeping during the day. Point being, it felt like I got 8 hours of normal sleep at night :)
I can already say that this is the best sleep I've ever had. I feel confident in that. Only other product I've tried so far in the same category (at least to an extent) is PowerFULL. With PF, I had more vivid dreams (it was a given every single night and they were ridiculous) and I seemed to have a better gym recovery from it, too. However, Somnidren has given me the deepest (and uninterrupted) sleep I've ever felt.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im excited to see how you feel after the full run of the product :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im excited to see how you feel after the full run of the product :)
We're getting down to the wire, unfortunately :(

I think sometime next week will be when I run out (if my math was right on that). I've got some other related products that I want to use before making any more purchases (from a purely economic standpoint), but the sleep is SO good, that I'm pretty well convinced to buy it to always have on hand.

I'd likely not use it on a weekly basis (e.g. 5 on / 2 off all the time), but for times when I know I'm gonna run low on sleep or had a tiring day the day before, I would want to bust this out.

Last night I only ended up netting about 4 hours of sleep, but I feel great today (and that's after heavy leg day yesterday...that says something).

This stuff provides phenomenal sleep.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only got about 6 hours of sleep last night, which is pretty average during the week as of late, unfortunately. I felt fantastic this morning, though. I woke up very ready to go and had some great, uninterrupted, deep sleep. I had heavy back day yesterday and ended up with 500x4 on my last set of dead lifts and 330x6 on my last set of bent-over rows and I was still able to get up to hit my AM cardio today.

I can't say enough for the sleep properties of this product.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, unfortunately, my run with Somnidren ended the other night. I must say that I am truly disappointed that it's over and incredibly impressed with this product.

As far as a final review of sorts goes, it's kind of hard for me to say more than what I already have elsewhere in this brief log. I didn't experience as much in the realm of recovery as I may have hoped, but the thing about that is my workouts are honestly brutal - it's just how I treat myself lol.

Using only one other product in this general category previously, what I can say is that this was the best sleep I've ever had in my life. There were usually some very vivid dreams, but deep, uninterrupted sleep was always a given (once I got over that horrible sickness early on).

Great sleep is often underrated by many and especially in our lifestyle of bodybuilding. Even if you're a recreational lifter or just in college and short on sleep sometimes; I highly recommend this product.

I've got a few other similar products in my stash that I will use before I spend more money (sort of a new year's resolution I've forced upon myself), but I can guarantee that I'll purchase this product again and I look forward to using it again.

Again, a huge thanks to Bnatural and CTDeuce for the opportunity to log this. You're both great guys and Millennium is a solid company. I look forward to any encounters I have with either of you or the company again.

:cheers:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and one additional note. I had gone in 2 weeks ago to have blood work done and had a hormonal panel done (which is where I ended up finding out I have hypothyroidism). One of the levels I had checked was my IGF-1. I don't have any baseline numbers, as I hadn't had any blood work done in roughly 10 years, so I can't honestly say what effect Somnidren, or anything else, had on it, but my levels were ridiculous. I was within 10 or 15 points of hitting the max number within normal range.

Like I said, there's no baseline to compare it to, but that's something worth thinking about.