Basic supplements for amateur?

  1. Basic supplements for amateur?


    Ive been lifting pretty hard for the last couple months, been getting myself in better shape for several years now. I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my workouts, as for the last couple months I have been working on strength/muscle gain. Ive been reading through all these threads; is the most basic supplements I should get be creatine for pre-workout, and glutamine post workout? This on top of Whey I have already been taking. Also, is creatine the best pre-workout supplement? I have some friends that take Jack3d and tell me to use that. Which is better? Lastly, I have another friend telling me to take Tribulus but I dont really know what that is, any thoughts?

    If anyone has any other suggestions of preworkout/post workout stuff to take, or anything really... It would be much appreciated. I dont know too much about supplements. I have been reading these threads all day but its hard to figure out and everyone has differing opinions.


  2. creatine isnt really a pre work supplement although some take it that way ,Some would say its better taken after workout .its also a supplement to be taken on non training days http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html
    as for glutamine , i personally would say its not needed if your only in the gym for 45 min to an hour.it has its use if your training routine is really intense but how many of us train really intensely every time we hit the gym .if we are honest it can vary.

    l glutamine can be used to boost immunity but before you start taking it note that a by product of it is ammonia which istoxic to the body.BCAA s would be a better option but if you do decide to take it look out for glutamine alpha ketoglutarate which is a better option IN fact all aminos with this attachment are in my are better options, arginine , leucine to name two, in my view, the attachement prevents ammonia as a by product

    before spending a lot of money i would concentrate on getting your diet right, you get plenty of rest and train only the 3 major muscle groups . legs , back , chest ;one group every other day.

  3. Thanks for the info. Ive got my diet going pretty well, as over the last month Ive noticed big changes, and that is the workout routine Ive been on for a while now. Im just looking for the supplements that will optimize the workouts I am doing.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    creatine isnt really a pre work supplement although some take it that way ,Some would say its better taken after workout .its also a supplement to be taken on non training days http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html
    as for glutamine , i personally would say its not needed if your only in the gym for 45 min to an hour.it has its use if your training routine is really intense but how many of us train really intensely every time we hit the gym .if we are honest it can vary.

    l glutamine can be used to boost immunity but before you start taking it note that a by product of it is ammonia which istoxic to the body.BCAA s would be a better option but if you do decide to take it look out for glutamine alpha ketoglutarate which is a better option IN fact all aminos with this attachment are in my are better options, arginine , leucine to name two, in my view, the attachement prevents ammonia as a by product

    before spending a lot of money i would concentrate on getting your diet right, you get plenty of rest and train only the 3 major muscle groups . legs , back , chest ;one group every other day.
    You need to take this post down before a adamin see it!!! read the rules bro!

  5. BCAAs, creatine, whey, and old fashioned rolled oats would top my list.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Fr33dmJzzDnc3 View Post
    Ive been lifting pretty hard for the last couple months, been getting myself in better shape for several years now. I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my workouts, as for the last couple months I have been working on strength/muscle gain. Ive been reading through all these threads; is the most basic supplements I should get be creatine for pre-workout, and glutamine post workout? This on top of Whey I have already been taking. Also, is creatine the best pre-workout supplement? I have some friends that take Jack3d and tell me to use that. Which is better? Lastly, I have another friend telling me to take Tribulus but I dont really know what that is, any thoughts?

    If anyone has any other suggestions of preworkout/post workout stuff to take, or anything really... It would be much appreciated. I dont know too much about supplements. I have been reading these threads all day but its hard to figure out and everyone has differing opinions.

    Diet diet and diet is the key to be a bad a$$ in the gym..
    Crepure from Primordail performance OR APS Nutrition Creatine Nitrate
    BA Primordail performance
    BCAA Primordail performance
    Trutein from truscience
    Multi Vit
    Fish oil

  7. Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    You need to take this post down before a adamin see it!!! read the rules bro!
    well ive read them but still puzzled by your remark

    the post offers advice, is purely an opinion which i made clear and there is a link to another website -Admittedly its BB.COM but it could have been anyweb site offering creatine information.

    its all very well saying read the rules but when the rules are as complex as they are , its difficult to associate the post with anyof them , unless the post is blatenly obvious like recommending a site for steroids or even offering to sell them .

  8. Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    well ive read them but still puzzled by your remark

    the post offers advice, is purely an opinion which i made clear and there is a link to another website -Admittedly its BB.COM but it could have been anyweb site offering creatine information.

    its all very well saying read the rules but when the rules are as complex as they are , its difficult to associate the post with anyof them , unless the post is blatenly obvious like recommending a site for steroids or even offering to sell them .
    I got ding ( admin gave me slap on the wrist) for during something similar-- I did not want you to ding like i did... But this may be ok... I hope I did not come off crazy!!! what I ma from Guam so MYBAY THE admin do not like us oh I never thought of that....lol


    Advertising or linking in any way is not permitted unless you are a board sponsor or have permission from the MOD staff. These privileges are afforded to those companies that help keep this board running. Respect them as well as board management.

  9. I would suggest getting these types of products to get the most out of workouts, recovery and rest. Get a high quality protein. Get a "Real" preworkout product, not these powdered stimulant products like Jacked etc... Get a preworkout that has real activie ingredients, alot of them, for real muscle building and recovery. Then get a good BCAA that can be taken during workout or post. And on top of those, get a creatine product. I have been using Creatine Nitrate by APS. Totally different than Creatines you have used or heard of probally. Really good quality. Really feel the effects too. Check it out by APS Nutrition. Hope this helps a little

  10. And dont forget diet. All the supplements in the world annot replace diet and genetics. Not a substitute, just an addition
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Amateur Lifter figuring out supplements...
    By Fr33dmJzzDnc3 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 11:25 AM
  2. Should LG Sciences release more "Basic" supplements?
    By Irish Cannon in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 07:28 PM
  3. Basic Supplements for overall health
    By pistolgripump in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Log in
Log in