...But does that Sh*t Really Need Killed?

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Well, I received my N2KTS from the ever-so-gracious Nathan Chase today and even though I had dinner plans in an hour, I decided to squeeze in a quick workout to test it out. I can't help myself... Anyway, I mixed up a scoop, guzzled it down, waited about 10 minutes, then went to the basement and alternated between two moves: wood choppers with the X Factor bands and side-to-side jumps over a heavy bag. I didn't have much time to plan, so it was just a quick cardio workout hitting the upper and lower body. So, here's a quick rundown, based on the criteria I look for in a pre-workout:

Taste: 5/10 Taste is probably the least important factor for me. I don't care what it tastes like as long as I can get it down. The fruit punch was easy to drink, but not tasty...kind of bland. I guess that's better than being bitter or something.

Energy: 10/10 The geranium made for a totally different energy rush than I'm used to with other stimulants, namely caffeine. I know this has some caffeine, but it must be a lesser ingredient, because it's not what I felt the most. The best way I can describe it is like an adrenaline rush. It came on fast and I crashed hard as soon as I was done, but it was pretty powerful while it lasted. I normally do the side to side bag jumps for 20 rep sets before I start to fatigue a little and switch moves. I did 50 rep sets before starting to feel fatigued today, so that was pretty phenomenal. I'm anxious to see how this translates in a weight workout.

Pump: 5?/10 Hard to say on this one since I was doing cardio. I had a little pump, but not much more than I get without a pre-workout. Again, we'll see how it works out on a lifting workout soon enough.

Vascularity: 10/10 Through the roof. I don't know where it came from, but I could see veins REALLY popping out that aren't usually even visible for me at this body fat %. This was kind of shocking for a cardio workout. Along with pump, this is more of an aesthetic thing, so I don't put too much emphasis on them. If the extra blood flow translates to strength and stamina, that's where it counts.

Strength: ?/10 I can't really judge this right now, since I didn't do anything strength related. I felt pretty explosive during the moves I did, but they're far from being power moves.

Stamina: ?/10 Hard to tell on this one as well, considering it was only a 20 minute workout. I will say that I went back and forth from the moves with no breaks banging everything out full speed, BUT my cardio is always pretty good, so it's hard to tell how much above normal I was with such a short routine.

Worth mentioning: Almost immediately after drinking the N2KTS, I had a pretty nasty headache. I'm used to feeling a little itchy or jittery from an NO drink, but I've never had a headache before. If it wasn't for the rush of energy, it was almost enough to keep me from working out. Once I started, the headache vanished, but shortly after I stopped, it came back again for another 10-15 minutes. I wonder if this could've been prevented if I had time for a full workout instead of a quick 20 minute job. I'll update on this issue as well.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Here's a small update after today's lower body workout. Squats, leg press, calf raises, hamstring curls, hip thrusters, straight leg deads...I put this sucker to the test.

Energy wasn't quite as good as yesterday, but still decent. I'd say 8/10.

Pump was pretty good for legs. I'd say up in the 7-8/10 range. It's hard for me to tell how pumped up my legs are, but they felt fairly engorged.

Strength was good, but not off the charts. More than anything, I found myself hitting the same weights I normally do for a few more reps than usual. That's definitely a good thing. I forgot to take my belt with me to the gym, so I didn't go for anything under five reps.

Stamina...7/10? Obviously, leg workouts are draining, but I survived. The girl who works at the desk asked if I was alright on my way out, so apparently I didn't look so great. I was able to keep putting up decent numbers through the entire 50 minute workout, but it definitely took a toll on me.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review bro!

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the review brother! Enjoyed the read...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The review is appreciated but the question was never answered:

Really? Does it? :D

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
The review is appreciated but the question was never answered:

Really? Does it? :D
Only if its to release the endorphins needed to feel like a million bucks afterwards.

Youre funny bro

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
lol! Glad to help guys. I figure if someone gives me free stuff, the least I can do is tell what I think of it.