Smackin' the Fat Off Milas

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks to Purus and Grambo for giving me the opportunity to log the new Purus Labs fat burner, Fat Smack!

I'll be using this as part of an on-going recomp from a bulk cycle. I'll measure my progress based on bf% reduction using 3 point caliper measurement.

I'm going to keep calories around maintenance with higher protein and fat, and lower carbs as this seems to work best for me. Fat Smack will be used for morning workouts, and perhaps an extra kick in the afternoon.

I'm a bit concerned with the capsaicin in it, as I've read it can cause stomach discomfort, so we'll see. The other ingredients all look solid, so it should be a good run.

I'll start by assessing tolerance at 1 cap, then move to 2 and possibly 3. I tend to do better on shorter, more concentrated efforts.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1:

1 cap in AM with whey protein shake

I noticed within 5 minutes I had ingested something! I felt some slight discomfort in my stomach, I'm guessing from the capsaicin. I was taking it with a whey protein shake mixed with milk, so I figured that it would calm down, but it took a while, around 30-60 minutes or so. It wasn't a pleasant feeling.

The energy level didn't seem like all that much to be honest. I remember when I first used Muscle Marinade (same stim complex), that I was really buzzed (almost high) but the tolerance quickly built up. Perhaps at 2 caps I'll be able to get more stim energy out of it, today was just a test. I'm a stim junkie, so I should know better than to use 1 cap to assess tolerance...

Regardless of stim or not, I am most interested in the effect on fat reduction, so that will be the true test of efficacy.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2-10:

I just got back from a cruise yesterday. Great time being with just me and my wife.

All that being said, I was using the Fat Smack ranging from 2-4 pills a day. Here are some cliffs:

•Stim effect has been low to moderate, it can give you a little boost but not a kick-in-the-face I was expecting.

•Stomach issues are non-existant now, even at 2 pills on an empty stomach before cardio.

•Thermogenic effects are there, but not as much as a thyroidal. Sweating more on cardio.

•Some appetite supression, even on the cruise I was ordering less than my usual (3 appetizers, 2 meals, 2-3 desserts).

Overall, been pretty good, glad the stomach issues went away. My weight has been dropping, but I'll be relying on measurements and bf% as the true judge. Overall, it's a solid fat burner so far.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 11:

Just took 2 pills today in the AM. It was a traveling day between families, so didn't have much time for anything.

I missed my afternoon dose, but at least got the recommended 2 pills in. I could've used a bit more of the stim in the afternoon, so it's good to know that despite not being jittery, it does provide good energy.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 12:

2 caps AM, 1 cap PM

Didn't feel too much, I actually needed some extra stims for a long day (son was up several times last night).

Overall, feeling and looking leaner. I'm seeing more striations in the mirror, and more definition which is good.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 13:

2 caps AM, 1 cap PM

Day off today, on vacation and didn't make it to the gym. The stim effects are a nice little boost, but again nothing too noticeable.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 14-16:

Dosed 2 caps AM and 1 cap PM each day.

I worked out on day 14, and had a good workout with some good sweating, more than normal. I'd say the thermogenic effects are definitely there, and the ingredients are solid. My opinion is still out on the capsaicin, I wonder how it will do.

If I'm even close to what weight/bf I was before I started, that will be a success considering the nutrition/exercise I've been getting over the holidays!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 17-19:

Dosed 2 caps AM and 1 cap PM each day.

I bought a treadmill, so now I'll be able to get more cardio in around my schedule. I just used it this morning on Day 19 after taking 2 Fat Smack, and I was sweating hard on just a 20 minunte workout. Looked much leaner in the mirror afterwards too. I also had to tighten the belt a notch, so that tells me something is working very well between diet, exercise and the Fat Smack!

On day 18 I had an upset stomach 30 minutes after dosing while I was in the gym. However, I think it may have been due to too much stuff at one time. I drank 4 scoops of Jacked, and took 2 Fat Smack, so that may have pushed me over the edge. I had to cut my chest workout short from the nausea. I had similar upset stomach after New Years when I took 2 Fat Smack and 2 Stim X, perhaps I need to keep my stim dosing lower...

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Day 17-19:

On day 18 I had an upset stomach 30 minutes after dosing while I was in the gym. However, I think it may have been due to too much stuff at one time. I drank 4 scoops of Jacked, and took 2 Fat Smack, so that may have pushed me over the edge. I had to cut my chest workout short from the nausea. I had similar upset stomach after New Years when I took 2 Fat Smack and 2 Stim X, perhaps I need to keep my stim dosing lower...
Hahaha yeah bro that may have done it....way to do it big tho!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 20-21:

On day 20, I again had an upset stomach. This time I was burping up multi-v flavor. I recently switched and started taking my multi-v pre-wo on an empty stomach, which is dumb. It also may have been too many stims from the pre-wo and Fat Smack combined, as I've had that issue before when taking too many stims.

Day 21 I took the multi-v and Fat Smack after working out, and there were no stomach issues.

Still getting leaner in the mirror bit by bit. I weighed in around 203 on the gym's scale today, which is down a couple pounds.

I bought a treadmill and put it in my basement. I now lift in the AM and do some light cardio in the PM on the treadmill. I really like having it so convenient! I've been doing some HIIT, some high-incline walking, and a little steady state jogging. I generally take 1 cap of Fat Smack prior to the cardio, and I've been getting a good sweat going in all 3 cases (definitely the most on HIIT and very little on walking).

I've been wearing my new Vibrams, so my calves are screaming now, totally not used to the calf use (running on balls of feet)! It's been great for fixing my heel-strike tough. Plus they should give me a good calf workout in between weights!

Fat Smack seems to be doing its job in addition to the diet and exercise portions getting me leaner. While I've lost weight, I've been increasing strength which is really good!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 22-25:

Same dosing, 2 AM and 1 PM.

I've been doing some cardio basically every day now (except leg day) and it's been having pretty good results. I feel bf% is definitely starting to inch down, and I gotta think the Fat Smack has helped. My diet hasn't been exactly on point, but overall not bad. I did have McDonalds McDouble last night, that's about as bad as it's gotten. Protein content is staying high.

I'm looking forward to getting my bf% tested at the end and see what progress I've made. I dropped a few lbs, so it'll be interesting what happened to LBM.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 26:

Sweating seems to have really decreased during weight lifting over the last week or so. I'm sweating less than normal it seems, let alone on a thermogenic. The odd thing is I've reduced my breaks between sets; however I've reduced weight and increased reps lately. I would've thought that would produce more sweat, but my clothes are actually close to dry when I go to shower, which is unusual.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 27:

Not much to report, more sweating this morning during workout, but not a lot compared to earlier.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 28-32

Thermogenic effects seem to be coming back in a bit. I had 2 resistance workouts over this period and sweated more than recently. I also did some light cardio, and got a good sweat going those times as well.

I have noticed that I have sweated more and felt more thermogenesis compared to when I take Green Tea Extract alone, even at higher doses. The ingredients must be working together pretty well, I'm thinking particularly the cissus and green tea...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 33:

Last day. I'll get a final review up with bf% measurements tomorrow or Friday.

Overall, felt good and results in the mirror are looking good as well!

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Day 33:

Last day. I'll get a final review up with bf% measurements tomorrow or Friday.

Overall, felt good and results in the mirror are looking good as well!
Any before and after photos??

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
Nope, didn't take them this time. I rely more on bf% and LBM measurements.
^^^Perfect benchmarks I was just wondering. lookin forward to final write up with these figures

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final Review:

Well, I've got to start with the results because I think they were pretty outstanding!

Results:

Category Before --> After

Weight 207 lbs --> 206 lbs (-1 lbs)
LBM 185 lbs --> 186 lbs (+1 lbs)
bf% 10.6% --> 9.5% (-1.1%)

Remember, this was over the holidays, including a cruise, and lots of eating out!!! I would've been happy maintaining what I had coming in!

Energy: 6/10 - I wasn't as impressed with this as I thought I would be. It was present, and kept me going, but not as big of a jolt as I expected.

Thermogenics: 8/10 - I definitely felt warmer and noticed more sweating through the first part of use. This seemed to taper off near the end of the run, but I build tolerance quickly. The only thing that has kicked up body temperature better is thyroidal.

Appetite Suppression: 8/10 - It worked well at helping me eat smaller meals more frequently. I think this helped my body composition greatly.

Mood: 5/10 - I didn't notice much here. It's not a "happy pill" like some fat burners, but I wasn't expecting that. It felt good to burn some fat though!!!

Overall: 7/10 - Overall effectiveness of Fat Smack is demonstrated by the results, which I think are impressive particularly given the circumstances. I think the combination of green tea, cissus quadrangularis, and capsacin made an effective fat burner with some additional health benefits. I didn't feel like I was putting garbage in my body, which is great with supplements these days!

If the price were right, I'd recommend Fat Smack as a solid, research-backed fat burner, particularly for those looking for more "natural" alternatives and needing appetite suppression.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump