Focus XT Review by Tomahawk (sponsored)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright so SNS was kind enough to send me 3 samples of Focus XT.

Mental Focus, Clarity, Concentration, Improved Performance, and More...
Focus XT is a state of the art formula that combines precise ratios of active ingredients in order to deliver optimal results. It is a truly unique product that that delivers a wide variety of benefits in terms of mental focus, clarity, and improved performance and cognitive function.

Focus XT can be used by individuals for a variety of purposes, whether it be by individuals trying to improve their workout and athletic performance, by students wanting to enhance focus, concentration, and productivity at school, by individuals whose jobs require optimal mental performance, or others who feel that they may benefit from the variety of benefits that Focus XT is used for.

Focus XT Summary of Benefits:

Improved Mental Focus, Concentration, Clarity, and Alertness*
Improved Mental Performance, Memory, & Cognitive Function*
Maximized Energy Levels*
Improved Stress Levels*
Improved Athletic Endurance, Drive, and Motivation*
Improved Ability to Train More Intensely for Longer Durations of Time*
Improved Sense of Well Being*
Pre-Workout or Pre-Athletic Energy and Focus*
Improved Mind-Muscle Connection*
Combating Overtraining Syndrome*
Increased Fat Burning During Exercise*
A note about Focus XT’s formulation:
Each ingredient is used at a specific dosage for a specific reason. This is not a ‘Little bit of everything, not enough of anything’ type product. Although Focus XT contains a wide variety of benefits and uses, it was formulated with one goal in mind – to deliver real results.

Who can benefit from Focus XT:
Focus XT can be beneficial for anyone that needs improved optimal mental performance as part of their job, sport, hobby, schooling, or just in their day to day life. We have had positive feedback from athletes, students, gamers, teachers, nurses, pilots, and more.

Another Important Note:
Focus XT users generally do not report any of the nervousness, jitters, or ‘crash’ feelings that are commonly associated with many other energy products on the market. The energy from Focus XT is normally described as a very ‘Clean & Smooth’ feeling.

Something to Think About:
You feel tired and unmotivated, your thought process is not clear. Any activity that requires concentration and focus is the last thing you want to do whether it is a workout, your job, class, or a big test. You know the feeling. It can be a vicious cycle. It’s not an answer, it’s not a cure all, but help has arrived, and help has a name, Focus XT.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want to thank GQNemesis for sending me 3 servings from HIS OWN STASH. Thanks big guy appreciate it.

Will be trying them in this order cotton candy, black cherry, then cotton candy.

Ok so I tried cotton candy today for my chest day.

Right away when I smelled it I got excited. This stuff smells so good. Mixed it with 8oz of water in a shaker cup. Drank it as if it was a fine wine making sure I really tasted it lol. To be honest it was a little disappointing as far as taste. Not that it tasted bad, but it smelled outstanding. It was kind of like seeing a Mustang expecting a V8 and getting a V6 not bad but not what u expected. With that said anyone who wants to give me a V6 Mustang is more than welcome :sgrin:

So I went to the gym and lifted with my good friend Chris. Kind of important to keep in mind because he is a goof and we tend to goof off a little when we hang out. So staying on track while lifting can be difficult. Stayed focused through out the workout and really knocked out a lot of work. Flat bench strength was disappointing, but everything else was great. Really dug deep to focus and grind out some reps.

Through the rest of the day I felt a mental clarity which is great. Makes me wish I was testing this out during class though lol.

Tomorrow is arms so I might hold off on using the 2nd sample. Really want to see how FocusXT works for me on legs when I try to squat big.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
i just ordered some. thanks, jerk :crazy:

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for this one :thumbsup:

//CC

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i just ordered some. thanks, jerk :crazy:
Haha what flavor did u order? And for what purpose r u looking for it to serve?

Oh ya did I mention it makes me feel like using astronomical words :rofl:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really want to see how FocusXT works for me on legs when I try to squat big.
Subbed.........and all your squat days are BIG. :147:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub a dub dubbed!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like I said didnt use the Focus XT for arms tomorrow, but tomorrow should be lots of fun. Going to try a unique exercise tomorrow. Will give the hip drive to give a chick a concussion :lmao:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow so lets just say my leg workout was brutal. Gone for 3 hours and right now I have to keep moving my legs or else my quads will lock up...

Squat 455 for 4, def not a PR, def nice to get.

Box squat with weight attached around the hips. Sure seemed like I did more than last workout. Def an exercise u have to get used to.

Leg press with steep incline 10 sets of 10(1 goes and then the other) 6 sets with 4 plates then 4 sets with 3 plate finished with a set of 15

Quads were so pumped at this point.

Seated leg curl 4 sets of 12 with 90 pounds crazy pump after the 2nd set

Lying leg curl on Strive machine(can adjust what portion of lift is focused on) 5 sets

Seated calf raise 3 sets of 14

Standing calf raise 3 sets of 14

Barely keep the blood going enough not for them to lock up on the way back to my house.

Weight was up to 227-4=223 which isnt cool. Idk y Im gaining weight.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was def focused through my workout. The pain was brutal. The leg press workout was pure hell. Was def a workout I needed to be on top of my game to get through.

Took the black cherry today. Didnt have any problems with staining. Tasted better than the cotton candy to me. Smelled good too, and lived up to the smell.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
awesome leg workout bro!!!!

my legs feel empathy for your legs lol

weight could be water bro..

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
awesome leg workout bro!!!!

my legs feel empathy for your legs lol

weight could be water bro..
Lol thanks man last time I finished a similar workout I had to be helped into my house lol.

I know that it just seems strange. Was on Mesomorph by APS and figured that would pull a lot of water in.

Killer workout Tom!
Thanks man it was painful. Was supposed to do donkey calf raises too :mischievous:

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Np buddy

Glad u enjoyed em .. I luv this stuff myself

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have 1 more sample of the cotton candy. Tomorrow is shoulders and I have A LOT to work off so it should be a great workout. Only thing is my right shoulder has been popping something fierce today. Will def be spraying some Joint Force on it tomorrow maybe some icing too.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice .. yea dont overdo it .. mistake that people make

what you think of black cherry ? i like cotton candy and pina coalada in focus XT

look out for our stim free version of this coming out soon :)

glad the products helped ya out bro ..happy holidays

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Most people are really pleased with the Cotton Candy flavor. It really was a hard one to please everyone with though because some people would want it sweeter, and some would want it lighter. If you werent totally pleased with it, you may want to try mixing it with less water.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice .. yea dont overdo it .. mistake that people make

what you think of black cherry ? i like cotton candy and pina coalada in focus XT

look out for our stim free version of this coming out soon :)

glad the products helped ya out bro ..happy holidays
I really liked the black cherry.

Nice I think the stim free version would be cool to add a scoop of with a preworkout. Something like a 1+1=3 effect.

Thanks again for the sample bro.

Most people are really pleased with the Cotton Candy flavor. It really was a hard one to please everyone with though because some people would want it sweeter, and some would want it lighter. If you werent totally pleased with it, you may want to try mixing it with less water.
Dont get me wrong I liked the cotton candy flavor. It was just it kind of threw me off because it smells so much sweeter. I want to say I used 8oz both times. It was just something that took me by surprise and I thought was noteworthy.

Another good workout today. Decided to lay off the shoulders since my right one has been clicking a lot even tody. Did back today and wow pain.

Did a deadlift routine that was just hell.
70% for 4*4, 80% for 2*2, 90% for 2*2
My hands look like shredded paper right now.
Only did 3 sets of a lat pulldown machine and 4 sets of t-bar rows afterwards.

I didnt think I was going to try the last rep with 585 on deadlifts but just said "stop being a bitch" and bulldozed through it :aargh:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dont get me wrong I liked the cotton candy flavor. It was just it kind of threw me off because it smells so much sweeter. I want to say I used 8oz both times. It was just something that took me by surprise and I thought was noteworthy.
I use more like 4 to 6 ounces in mine myself. That was something that threw me off because at less water, I could see the argument being made for it being too sweet easier than not sweet enough. If you ever try to flavor again, go with less water and I think you will find it will be closer to the taste you want.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another good workout today. Decided to lay off the shoulders since my right one has been clicking a lot even tody. Did back today and wow pain.

Did a deadlift routine that was just hell.
70% for 4*4, 80% for 2*2, 90% for 2*2
My hands look like shredded paper right now.
Only did 3 sets of a lat pulldown machine and 4 sets of t-bar rows afterwards.

I didnt think I was going to try the last rep with 585 on deadlifts but just said "stop being a bitch" and bulldozed through it :aargh:
Monster deadlifting bro.. way to attack the weights! Have you ever heard of the Finnish Deadlift program? Or the Magnusson & Travis Ortmayer DL program? Both are soupposed to be great for specifically increasing your deadlift.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Monster deadlifting bro.. way to attack the weights! Have you ever heard of the Finnish Deadlift program? Or the Magnusson & Travis Ortmayer DL program? Both are soupposed to be great for specifically increasing your deadlift.
No I havent if u could direct me to a link Id love to check it out. Just watched a the WSM on Tivo earlier. Def knocks one down a few pegs :lmao:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Finnish deadlift routine
The Finnish deadlift routine is divided into 3 **** cycles. In each part of the Finnish deadlift routine the percentages are calculated off your current deadlift max.You train two times per week. Tuesday is your light day, Friday your heavy day.
The first cycle lasts 7 weeks. The main exercise is the semi stifflegged dl off a block. Perform 10 reps on all sets. Assistance exercises are light power cleans ( 5 sets, 4- 6 reps) before deadlift, heavy barbell bentover rows ( 5 sets), 5 sets of weighted chins (4-6 reps)

First cycle (percentages):
Week 1 Day 1:27%x1; 31%x1; 27%x2 Day 2:27%x1; 33%x1; 40%x1; 27%x1

Week 2 Day 1:27%x1; 33%x4 Day 2:27%x1; 37%x1; 44%x1; 35%x1

Week 3 Day 1:27%x1; 33%x4 Day 2:33%x1; 40%x1; 47%x1; 35%x1

Week 4 Day 1:33%x5 Day 2:33%x1; 44%x1; 49%x1; 35%x1

Week 5 Day 1:33%x5 Day 2:33%x1; 44%x1; 51%x1; 37%x1

Week 6 Day 1:33%x1; 37%x4 Day 2:35%x1; 49%x1; 53%x1; 40%x2x2

Week 7 Day 1:33%x1; 40%x4 Day 2:35%x1; 49%x1; 55%x1; 40%x2

The main exercise of the second cycle is the conventional deadlift off a block done for 5 reps. Again the cycle lasts 7 weeks. Assistance exercises consist of light power cleans before deadlifting (5 sets, 4- 6 reps), heavy bentover rows, dumbbell rows and shrugs (4 to 6 sets with increasing weights) Second cycle (percentages):

Week 1 Day 1:44%x1; 50%x1; 55%x3 Day 2:44%x1; 52%x1; 60%x1; 66%x1; 44%x1

Week 2 Day 1:44%x1; 50%x1; 55%x1 Day 2:44%x1; 55%x1; 64%x1; 70%x1; 44%x1

Week 3 Day 1:44%x1; 55%x1 Day 2:44%x1; 55%x1; 64%x1; 73%x1; 44%x1

Week 4 Day 1:44%x1; 55%x1 Day 2:49%x1; 66%x1; 75%x1; 49%x1

Week 5 Day 1:49%x1; 57%x3; 49%x1 Day 2:49%x1; 66%x1; 77%x1; 71%x; 49%x1

Week 6 Day 1:49%x1; 57%x3; 49%x1 Day 2:49%x1; 68%x1; 79%x1; 55%x1; 49%x1

Week 7 Day 1:49%x1; 57%x3; Day 2:49%x1; 68%x1; 808%x1; 55%x1; 49%x1

In the 3rd part you are performing competition style deadlifts. The reps are indicated below. This **** cycle lasts 6 weeks. Reps and sets vary. Assistance exercises: chins without weight, wide grip bentover rows, hyperextensions. Third cycle (percentages):

Week 1 Day 1:44%x1; 60%x3; 70%x3x3 Day 2:44%x5; 60%x3; 70%x2; 80%x1; 90%x1

Week 2 Day 1:44%x1; 60%x3; 70%x3x3 Day 2:44%x5; 60%x3; 70%x2; 84%x1; 94%x1; 86%x3

Week 3 Day 1:44%x1; 60%x3; 74%x3x3 Day 2:44%x5; 60%x3; 74%x2; 90%x1; 94%x1; 90%x3

Week 4 Day 1:44%x1; 60%x3; 74%x3x3 Day 2:44%x5; 64%x3; 80%x2; 95%x1; 101%x1; 93%x3

Week 5 Day 1:44%x5; 76%x3x4 Day 2:44%x5; 70%x3; 84%x2; 94%x1; 103%x1; 96%x3

Week 6 Day 1:44%x5; 80%x3x4 Day 2:44
%x5; 70%x3; 84%x2; 96%x1; 105%x1
west side sumo finnish deadlift routine
west side sumo finnish deadlift routine

deadlift off 1 to 2 inch blocks
Week 1, sumo pull standing on a 1–2-inch block, 6 X 2
Week 2, sumo pull standing on a 1–2-inch block, 6 X 2
Week 3, sumo pull standing on a 1–2-inch block, 6 X 2
Week 4, rest, no pulls

Week 5, Romanian deadlift, 4–5 X 5, pyramid, 1 heavy set
Week 6, Romanian deadlift, 4–5 X 5, pyramid, 1 heavy set
Week 7, Romanian deadlift, 4–5 X 5, pyramid, 1 heavy set
Week 8, rest, no pulls
A good goal to shoot for is 5 X 80 percent of your max pull in a meet.This wave is a real strength builder. These conventional pulls can be done on either squat day or on a separate deadlift day. You may want to do light speed pulls during this cycle to keep the speed up and maintain technique.

Week 9, reverse band deadlift, 5–8 X 1, 75–85%, sumo style
Week 10, reverse band deadlift, 5–8 X 1, 80–90%, sumo style
Week 11, reverse band deadlift, 5–8 X 1, 85–95%, sumo style
Week 12, rest, no pulls
Suspend the bands so that the original weight stays at the lockout
or Another option is to attach them so that the original bar weight is lifted up from knee level. This is the part where many fail in the sumo. This technique requires a doubled purple band or two blue bands per side to get the same amount of deload off of the floor.
For percentages, I’ve provided guidance with 10 percent tolerance. Don’t pull eight singles with 95 percent in week 11, but rather split the sets inside the given percentage each week.

Go up to your opener and maybe a bit heavier 2–3 weeks prior to the meet. Let your hips recover and let the big one wait until meet day.
Week 13, speed deadlift, 5 X 3, 65–75%
Week 14, speed deadlift, 5 X 3, 55–65%
Week 15, speed deadlift, 5 X 3, 45–55%
Week 16, MEET
Magnusson & Travis Ortmayer DL program

This is the deadlift routine that Worlds Strongest Man competitor Travis Ortmayer uses.

Note: The following percentages are based on a projected deadlift max. Go to this site to calculate your max if you do not know it.

Week 1
Sets/ Reps /Weight
4 /4 /70%
2/ 2 /80%
1 /8+ /70%

If you hit all reps on Week 1 continue to Week 2, if not redo Week 1.

Week 2

Sets/ Reps/ Weight
4/ 4/ 70%
1/ 2/ 80%
1/ 2/ 90%
1/ 8+/ 70%

If you hit all reps on week 2 continue to week 3 if not redo week 2.

week 3

Sets/ Reps/ Weight
4/ 4/ 70% + 10lbs
1/ 2/ 80% + 10lbs
1/ 2/ 90% + 10lbs
1/ 8+/ 70% + 10lbs

week 4: Rest Week. No deadlifts, upper back only.

week 5

Sets/ Reps/ Weight
4/ 4/ 70% + 10lbs
1/ 2/ 80% + 10lbs
1/ 2/ 90% + 10lbs
1/ 8+/ 70% + 10lbs

If you hit all reps on week 5 continue to week 6 if not redo week 5.

week 6

Sets/ Reps/ Weight
4/ 4/ 70% + 20lbs
1/ 2/ 80% + 20lbs
1/ 2/ 90% + 20lbs
1/ 8+/ 70% + 20lbs

If you hit all reps on week 6 continue to week 7 if not redo week 6

week 7

Sets/ Reps/ Weight
4/ 4/ 70% + 30lbs
1/ 2/ 80% + 30lbs
1/ 2/ 90% + 30lbs
1/ 8+/ 70% + 30lbs

week 8: Rest week. No deadlifts, upper back only.

week 9

Sets/ Reps/ Weight
4/ 4/ 70% + 30lbs
1/ 2/ 80% + 30lbs
1/ 2/ 90% + 30lbs
1/ 8+/ 70% + 30lbs

If you hit all reps on week 9 continue to week 10, if not redo week9.

week 10

Sets/ Reps/ Weight
4/ 4/ 70% + 40lbs
1/ 2/ 80% + 40lbs
1/ 2/ 90% + 40lbs
1/ 8+/ 70% + 40lbs

If you hit all reps on week 10 continue to week 11, if not redo week 10.

week 11

Sets/ Reps/ Weight
4/ 4/ 70% + 50lbs
1/ 2/ 80% + 50lbs
1/ 2/ 90% + 50lbs
1/ 8+/ 70% + 50lbs

week 12: Rest week or test max.
My deadlift sucks so I been looking into it. I was considering of adding one of these into my 531 program and just using it for deadlift days and leave the rest the same protocol of the 531. Try one out for your DL

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Josh appreciate it. I might have to try 1 or 3 out here soon. I am going to the chiropractor tomorrow because I injured something. I should really remember what it is called because I do it regularly. It usually doesnt take more than an adjusting to fix, but it is a pain plus makes it hard to turn my neck. Thinking I need to make a trip to the chiropractor monthly and pick up a PVC pipe. Any chance u have any of the intructional videos on how to use them handy?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For some mayofacial massage? YouTube has a bunch. Might I suggest invest into getting a lacrosse ball too. I never used a PVC pipe but use a foam roller regularly. Best $20 I ever spent!
I think the key to preventing injury is from properly warming up. How did you hurt yourself? Where does it hurt? Usually when I crank my neck like that it is from a tightened tendon in my mid back and I use the LAX ball and try to massage it out. It rarely is ever where the pain is.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Nice review bro.

I use a foam roller too. I've been tweaking something in my upper back DL'ing for a while for some reason. I can't seem to work it out. Driving me nuts. Hope yours gets better quick.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice review bro.

I use a foam roller too. I've been tweaking something in my upper back DL'ing for a while for some reason. I can't seem to work it out. Driving me nuts. Hope yours gets better quick.
Actually i used a foam roller for the first time about 2 months ago for my back (strain). I was surprised at how well it worked.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For some mayofacial massage? YouTube has a bunch. Might I suggest invest into getting a lacrosse ball too. I never used a PVC pipe but use a foam roller regularly. Best $20 I ever spent!
I think the key to preventing injury is from properly warming up. How did you hurt yourself? Where does it hurt? Usually when I crank my neck like that it is from a tightened tendon in my mid back and I use the LAX ball and try to massage it out. It rarely is ever where the pain is.
I was doing standing overhead presses with some leg drive when I hurt myself. It is kind of into my right shoulder blade. Pain is a lot less noticable right now. It is more of a lack of ROM turning my head now.

Nice review bro.

Thanks, for some odd reason I have avoided direct injuries from deadlift.

Actually i used a foam roller for the first time about 2 months ago for my back (strain). I was surprised at how well it worked.
I will probably pick one up in the future. Need some kind of maintance to keep injuries away. Can attain my goals if Im sidelined.

Went to the chiropractor today and got adjusted. Feels much better and have more ROM in my neck, but still not 100% yet. Plan on going back again this week.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they do really work. I picked mine up originally because my legs were constantly tight and it was effecting my low back and of course my squat. Worth their price for sure.