JD's APS Nutrition New Years Revolution!

Page 2 of 16 First 12347 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.94%

WAIT!.......did you guys hear that?

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by APS NUTRITION View Post
    I hope it's what I think it is
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    BJ Penn is Hilo's Manny Pacquiao. My Hawaiian friends go nuts when BJ fights like my Filipino friends do when Manny fights. Especially when BJ comes out to songs like Hawaii '76 by IZ. First time BJ came out to that song against Sherk my friend Keoni damn near chunked his pants.

BJ's in my top 3 favorite fighters. I'll always root for him. He looked like himself against Hughes, but even still, BJ has been an up & down fighter in recent years, as far as which version of BJ shows up.
    Pac is the man!!!!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.45%

I'm in JD .... and looks like I can learn from this log ... kill it man
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bluerocket View Post
    I'm in JD .... and looks like I can learn from this log ... kill it man
    Thanks for joining

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Just read the entire log - things are lookin good in here, bro. I really like the stack you've got going and you don't mess around when it comes to pre-workout huh? haha
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Just read the entire log - things are lookin good in here, bro. I really like the stack you've got going and you don't mess around when it comes to pre-workout huh? haha
    aha nope

Thanks for joining in

8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Day 9

Weight- 180lbs

Morning supplements- Dermacrine- 3ml, 1 Vitamin, 50mg of Zinc

Meal 1- Extra lean hambuger with cheese, 500ml of 2% milk

Meal 2- Fruit Smoothie and Oatmeal

Pre-workout- 1 scoop of Mesomorph, 4 caps of Creatine Nitrate, 5g of Taurine, 38g of Dextrose, 1ml of Dermacrine, 2 caps of Super Cissus

Back Workout
    Stretch
    DB Rows- 7 sets (25x15), (40x10), (60x5), (80x5), (100x5), (125x5), (140x6) with Versgripz
    Flat Reverse bench pulldowns- 4 sets
    Pulldowns- 8 sets
    Reverse bar flat pull ups- 5 sets
    Sauna for 10min/ Stretch

Post-workout- 1 scoop of Purple Wraath, 3g of di-creatine malate, 2 caps of Creatine Nitrate, 70g of Dextrose, 2 vitamins

Meal 3- Hamburger pita, 500ml of 2% milk
    Supps- 5ml of DermacrineLV

Meal 4- Multigrain grilled cheese sandwich, 500ml of milk
    Supps- 1ml of DermacrineLV, 1 cap of Super Cissus, 3 caps of Omega 3'6'9

Day 9 Thoughts
    Well my workout today was so so, I was happy I'm not far away from my PR with DB rows, but after my last set of them my lower back started to get some pain, my lower back has been so weak in the last 2 months. I went light through the rest of the workout because of it, I'm gonna rest a day then try to do some lower back strengthening, I'm bumping the Dermacrinelv to 10ml a day now, hoping it will help build the lower back muscle as well.
    I'm gonna stick to back extensions and hyper exentions, I think deadlifts will just make it worse...

Noticed effects- Pumps with Creatine Nitrate are still amazing, looking more full everyday.

I'm gonna start posting music videos, not sure what everyones taste of music is but I'll post up what I've been listening to lately, hopefull you guys like

9. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by APS NUTRITION View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    I hope it's what I think it is
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

i don't want you to mess yourself up-i would just like to see you on some kind of maintenance program until you get surgery and can go 100%. seen too many guys mess themselves up by pushing too hard with injuries.

good luck my friend.
  11. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm gonna start posting music videos, not sure what everyones taste of music is but I'll post up what I've been listening to lately, hopefull you guys like
    Got any backstreet boys?
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Got any backstreet boys?
    I was thinking something more underground boy band, like O-Town. Just to keep things gangster.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.57%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

what...no milli vanilli?
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i don't want you to mess yourself up-i would just like to see you on some kind of maintenance program until you get surgery and can go 100%. seen too many guys mess themselves up by pushing too hard with injuries.

good luck my friend.
    Ya I havn't had the best of luck with my foot being messed up and now my lower back has been causing me trouble. The back is really sore today, I may need 2 days off before I try to work it out.

15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.57%

Ya I havn't had the best of luck with my foot being messed up and now my lower back has been causing me trouble. The back is really sore today, I may need 2 days off before I try to work it out.
    you are over compensating. by keeping presure off your foot you are inadvertently putting more strain on back.

be very selective of your routines. i wish celc5 still posted-he is a physical therapist and helped me with injuries in the past.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Got any backstreet boys?
    I was thinking something more underground boy band, like O-Town. Just to keep things gangster.

LOL

17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

you are over compensating. by keeping presure off your foot you are inadvertently putting more strain on back.

be very selective of your routines. i wish celc5 still posted-he is a physical therapist and helped me with injuries in the past.
    No it's definitely not from my foot thats causing the back pain, a couple months ago I was doing bent over barbell rows and it pulled, after that it seems to just keep pulling.

18. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

No it's definitely not from my foot thats causing the back pain, a couple months ago I was doing bent over barbell rows and it pulled, after that it seems to just keep pulling.
    I stopped doing Bent Over BB Rows. The lift is awkward when you get heavy, and I felt like the injury risk outweighed the benefit.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I re-aggravated my old slip disc injury to the point of being unable to walk for a couple days from bent over BB rows. Used to be my second favorite lift (behind deads).
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

I stopped doing Bent Over BB Rows. The lift is awkward when you get heavy, and I felt like the injury risk outweighed the benefit.
    Ya it's really hard on the lower back and my back was weak to begin with from not working it enough. I was using 225 and on the 19th rep it pulled, prob not good that my upper back is a lot stronger then my lower back.

(fingers crossed It only gets stronger and stops pulling)

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

Ya it's really hard on the lower back and my back was weak to begin with from not working it enough. I was using 225 and on the 19th rep it pulled, prob not good that my upper back is a lot stronger then my lower back.

(fingers crossed It only gets stronger and stops pulling)
    Did you ever try any of those rehab exercises I showed you? They will really help if you do them EVERY day. Ice that low back every night and keep something like mineral ice on it at all times. You'll smell like an old bastard but you'll feel better. Also, keep your hip flexors stretched and loose. It's amazing how much low back pain comes from those things. Hope you get it worked out bro!
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Did you ever try any of those rehab exercises I showed you? They will really help if you do them EVERY day. Ice that low back every night and keep something like mineral ice on it at all times. You'll smell like an old bastard but you'll feel better. Also, keep your hip flexors stretched and loose. It's amazing how much low back pain comes from those things. Hope you get it worked out bro!
    Ya I was doing that for 3 weeks with back extensions and hypers and it felt like it seems to be killin again, ugh I'm gonna try strengthening it back up again, I will have to rest a couple days tho, upping the Super Cissus, fish oil, Joint Force and GCS!

23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.57%

hey, i resent that smell like an old bastard comment, lol
  24. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

definetely agree with the connection between low back pain and tight hamstringts and hip flexors.

I never tried mineral ice before where do I get this from?

A trick I recently picked up is to fill a 2 liter bottle with water and freeze it and once frozen roll it on your calf and hamstring like you would a foam roller. I recently started doing this.
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.57%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    definetely agree with the connection between low back pain and tight hamstringts and hip flexors.

A trick I recently picked up is to fill a 2 liter bottle with water and freeze it and once frozen roll it on your calf and hamstring like you would a foam roller. I recently started doing this.
    my mom used a frozen pop bottle under her foot and rolled it when she hurt her foot. said it helped a lot!!!!!! **** skeltal balm really helps me also.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

my mom used a frozen pop bottle under her foot and rolled it when she hurt her foot. said it helped a lot!!!!!! **** skeltal balm really helps me also.
    I found the Joint Force was helping....but then I stopped, so looks like I will be adding that in again.

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

You can mineral ice at any Walgreen's or CVS type of place. Maybe walmart too. Basically heavy menthol stuff. I like it at night and Skeletal Balm during the day. I don't find that skeletal balm is very effective on my low back though. Works great on my shoulders and elbows but the back is different.

JD...try side twist floor stretches also. Put one foot on the floor with your knee up. Hook your other foot in front of it and put your opposite elbow behind that knee. Drop the foot to the floor and use the elbow to deepen the stretch. Breathe into it to go deeper.

My favorite for the low back and hip flexors is a chair stretch. Cross your left foot over your right knee. With your back STRAIGHT lean forward. You'll feel it in your low back and hip flexor. Breathe deep into it and hold it for 60 seconds. Switch sides. I do these while I work. They really help.

Try some Aleve in the short term also.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

hey, i resent that smell like an old bastard comment, lol
    Bahahahahaha!
  29. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.48%

You can mineral ice at any Walgreen's or CVS type of place. Maybe walmart too. Basically heavy menthol stuff. I like it at night and Skeletal Balm during the day. I don't find that skeletal balm is very effective on my low back though. Works great on my shoulders and elbows but the back is different.

JD...try side twist floor stretches also. Put one foot on the floor with your knee up. Hook your other foot in front of it and put your opposite elbow behind that knee. Drop the foot to the floor and use the elbow to deepen the stretch. Breathe into it to go deeper.
    Trying to picture this one and cant figure it out. Got a link to a pic or you tube video of it?

My favorite for the low back and hip flexors is a chair stretch. Cross your left foot over your right knee. With your back STRAIGHT lean forward. You'll feel it in your low back and hip flexor. Breathe deep into it and hold it for 60 seconds. Switch sides. I do these while I work. They really help.

Try some Aleve in the short term also.
    I love that one too.. my hips are the worst so I constantly try and stretch them. Have you ever rolled with a lacross ball before. Try it out before doing this stretch.

30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

Trying to picture this one and cant figure it out. Got a link to a pic or you tube video of it?

I love that one too.. my hips are the worst so I constantly try and stretch them. Have you ever rolled with a lacross ball before. Try it out before doing this stretch.

That first one is hard to describe...obviously. LOL. This is about as close as I can find to how I do it.

I have done the ball thing. It's great for the flexors.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Thanks guys I'm gonna have to try these ones!

Wow so yesterday when I got to 140lbs dumbbell with my right arm I got 6 reps with good and strict form but lower back was a little aggravated so I didn't want to try it for the left side, but damn just from that 1 max set I can tell a huge muscle soreness (in a good way) difference in my right upper back and biceps lol. Only 1 set difference lol

Hopefully my lower back strengthens up fast cause I really wanna try to get 170lbs for 5-6 reps on the 1 arm DB rows by the end of this stack. I wish I was as strong with db presses :@ lol, workin on it tho aha

32. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.57%

Wow so yesterday when I got to 140lbs dumbbell with my right arm I got 6 reps with good and strict form but lower back was a little aggravated so I didn't want to try it for the left side, but damn just from that 1 max set I can tell a huge muscle soreness (in a good way) difference in my right upper back and biceps lol. Only 1 set difference lol

Hopefully my lower back strengthens up fast cause I really wanna try to get 170lbs for 5-6 reps on the 1 arm DB rows by the end of this stack. I wish I was as strong with db presses :@ lol, workin on it tho aha
    you keep that up, you are going to be right there with T.O.M.mahawk, lol.

btw-that's some good advice about stretching!!!! recovery is much improved with before/after stretching, not to mention avoiding injuries.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%

Damn, I wished I had access to Db's that heavy. Good job on the 140's though. Keep it up.
    NSCA - CSCS
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Thanks guys!

Back isn't feel near as sore today, I got a leg workout planned that will be light on the back but wanted to get everyones opinion on goodmornings for strengthening the back? Maybe even some stiff legged deadlifts?

35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%

Thanks guys!

Back isn't feel near as sore today, I got a leg workout planned that will be light on the back but wanted to get everyones opinion on goodmornings for strengthening the back? Maybe even some stiff legged deadlifts?
    I'd go stiff legs over good mornings, that way if you get in a position where your back just doesn't feel right, with straight legs you can just let go of the weight, but with good mornings you're in a more complicated position.
    NSCA - CSCS
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

I'd go stiff legs over good mornings, that way if you get in a position where your back just doesn't feel right, with straight legs you can just let go of the weight, but with good mornings you're in a more complicated position.
    Thanks man, I'll try Stiff legs and light weight today.

37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.28%

I agree. Good morning could put you in a bad spot if you get a "Twinge".
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

I agree. Good morning could put you in a bad spot if you get a "Twinge".
    Ya I just ended up doing some easier exercises like the swimmer stance hold and all those stretches you should me.

39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Day 11

Weight- 180lbs

Morning supplements- Dermacrine- 5ml, half scoop of Purple Wraath, 2 caps of Creatine Nitrate, 2 caps of Super Cissus.

Meal 1- Extra lean hambuger with cheese

Meal 2- Fruit Smoothie

Pre-workout- 1 scoop of Mesomorph, 2 caps of Plasmagen Nitrate, 4 caps of Creatine Nitrate, 5g of Taurine, half scoop of Purple Wraath, 40g of Dextrose, 2.5ml of Dermacrine, 1 cap of Super Cissus

Legs/ lower Back rehab Workout
    Stretching for about 15min and inbetween sets as well.

Bodyweight squats 10 sets of 20 reps

45lbs stiff legged dead lifts 1 set 12 reps(just felt irritated so switched exercises)

Superman position 10 sec hold, 3sec rest repeated 5 times/ 4 sets

Hyper extension 1 leg kick back.. 4 sets 20 reps

Stretching

Then hit the Sauna for 40min, shower then put some about 8 pumps of Joint Force on the lower back.

Post-workout- half scoop of Purple Wraath, 3g of di-creatine malate, 60g of Dextrose, 1 vitamin, 1 cap of Super cissus

Meal 3- Hamburger pita, 500ml of 2% milk

Meal 4- 3 potatoes(btw I never use butter on anything) and skinless chicken breast
    Supps- 5ml of Dermacrine LV

1 packet of G.C.S with MSM and Hyaluronic Acid

Day 11 Thoughts
    Well I felt my back getting a bit irritated but it held in for what I did. I'm surprised but my legs feel sore as heck right now lol, I guess it's from not being able to really work them out so felt the burn of the higher reps. I hope with in a few weeks I can do the leg workouts I was doing before. I'll rest it up and start again Monday, I'm gonna change it up Monday, I'll do full body Mon, Wed, Fri and hopefully the lower back strengthens from it...

Noticed effects- Phenibut 500 is pretty awesome, I never used any phenibut supplement before this log, it really mellows me out and puts me in a good mood, also get great sleep. I havn't tried more then 1 cap yet. Also Demracrine I found since bumping it up to 10ml a day vascularity has increased a bit.....and Libido is high!

I'm gonna try this routine for a week and see how my back feels.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Evug73DoM"]YouTube - Back Pain, avoidance and rehab[/nomedia]

40. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.91%

Loving the log brother! Keep up the great work

Similar Forum Threads

1. 7 Years Worth Of Molecular Nutrition X-Factor Review Compiled
    By SwolenONE in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 08:02 PM
  2. Revolution PCT - Redefine Nutrition
    By Dizzy_750 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 04:18 PM
  3. iForce Nutrition Steps Up BIG for NP New Years Sale!
    By VaughnTrue in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 01:45 AM
  4. iForce Nutrition Steps Up BIG for NP New Years Sale!
    By VaughnTrue in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 01:40 PM