Recomping with SNS Beta Alanine, Magnesium Creatine Chelate, & Arginine Ethyl Ester

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Recomping with SNS Beta Alanine, Magnesium Creatine Chelate, & Arginine Ethyl Ester

Thanks to the reps at SNS for hooking me up with this stack. Even though I received a bottle of Adrena-G in the package accidentally and without the Beta Alanine, SNS was quick to fix things and mail it out. It should be at my doorstep in the next few days, so as soon as it arrives, I will commence this log officially.

Two important and interesting things you may want to know about my training :

1) I train in the garage and in the house, depending on the exercises I am doing. I have a small set up in the garage with a “home gym” that works well for : bench press, incline bench, incline db curls, tricep pressdowns, pulldowns for the back, preacher curls, and leg extensions. I train out there in 10 degree weather, and I train out there in 100 degree weather. However, I try to do as much as possible in the house as possible.

2) I am a vegetarian, so my diet is somewhat strange. I rely on 3-4 protein shakes per day. Currently, I use a combination of BSN Syntha-6, Betancourt Big Blend, and Syntrax Nectar. For solid foods, I get protein from cheese, peanut butter, beans, and usually textured vegetable protein (TVP) mixed in with some steamed vegetables.

I’ve been off the wagon for almost two years—up until a couple of months ago—so I am now trying to get back in shape and stick with training and diet.
I have spent the last 35-40 days on a stack consisting of TT-33, Suppress-C, and T-911. I’m about to cycle off these and begin the SNS Stack, which I am hoping will allow me to increase strength, add muscle, and lose some fat.

The stack I’m logging will consist of :

Beta Alanine – I have used this before in various formulated supps, but never at a really effective dosage and never for an extended period of time. I get those tingles even from 1.5g, so I will be dosing this at 1 cap 4 x’s per day to start. I may increase to 6 caps per day after I assess my tolerance and the tingles start to wear down.
Magnesium Creatine Chelate – Unless someone suggest a different dosing protocol, I will be taking 3 caps in the morning and 3 caps in the evening prior to training.
Arginine Ethyl Ester – 3-4 caps 30 minutes prior to training.

Other supplements : Betancourt FullDose multi, Now EGCG, Now Maca, Nature’s Way Primadophillus bifidus (probiotic)

*If anyone has any alternate suggestions for how to dose the products in the stack, please post them.

Basic Stats
Height : 5’9
Weight : 206
BF% : around 25% (?)

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed & Good Luck! Very nice introduction :thumbsup:

//CC

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subd

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good luck and following along to see your results.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Good luck and following along to see your results.
Thanks! UPS came by this morning to pick up the Adrena-G I received, but I didn't have it packaged up. They're gonna come back tomorrow and pick it up. Thanks again for getting everything worked out. The Beta Alanine should be here soon, but I'm going to go ahead and get the log running tonight. It's arm day, so I'll plan to take 3 caps of MCC and 3 caps of AEE tonight around 30-45 minutes before my training session. Whenever the Beta Alanine gets here, I will take it spaced out throughout the day in order to stave off the tingling sensations.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love the Beta Alanine tingles :laugh: If I take a lot at once it burns though :eek:

//CC

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 (last night)

After doing some work in the house and finally getting the Christmas tree and decorations put up, I got my arms workout. Most of my workouts end up the same way, starting at midnight and sometimes later.

Pre-workout supps : I took three caps of MCC and 3 caps of AEE somewhere around one hour prior to starting the training.

Workout

Just for a change of pace and for the possibility of "shocking" the muscles, I decided to try an arm program that I read about but didn't care for following word for word . I modified everything to fit my own level of training and preferences, and I certainly didn't make it for an entire hour.

4 sets of Ez-barbell curls/lying tricep extension supersets with 2 minutes rest between sets. For curls I got 40lbs. for 10-12 reps each time. If I had to guess, I would 40lb is about half of my 1RM. For the lying tricep extensions I got the same weight but eventually had to stop at rep#8 on the last set. My tris are a bit weaker and don't have the endurance that my biceps do.

4 sets of hammer curls/overhead db tricep extensions (two hands). 30lbs. for both hammer curls and tri extensions. This time I fell short on the hammer curls but got all reps on triceps.

4 sets of concentration curls/dips (no weight). Dropped the Db's down to 20lbs. for concentration curls. The dips, even without weight, always burn my triceps pretty well.

12 supersets seemed like enough, and my arms were burning a bit at the end.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
I love the Beta Alanine tingles :laugh: If I take a lot at once it burns though :eek:

//CC
Some people love the feeling, but it was never enjoyable for me. Only three supplements have ever given me weird side effects : Beta Alanine, GABA, and Niacin.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some people love the feeling, but it was never enjoyable for me. Only three supplements have ever given me weird side effects : Beta Alanine, GABA, and Niacin.
With Beta Alanine, it isnt so much of a side effect as it is to be expected. I dont like it either, but thankfully most people get used to it quickly.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
i approve of this stack :)

you'll like it and should have some good results bud

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
With Beta Alanine, it isnt so much of a side effect as it is to be expected. I dont like it either, but thankfully most people get used to it quickly.
I like the fact that SNS Beta Alanine can be dosed at 2.25g or a smaller dose of <1g for people who like to avoid the tingling sensation. Based on what I have read, it's more about getting it built up in your system whether you do it through a couple of large doses or through several smaller doses throughout the day.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Update

Beta Alanine (BA) just arrived, so I went ahead and took one capsule (750mg). This is the first time I have used BA as a standalone. When I took it in formulated pre-workout supplements, I always had to take what I got..usually 1.5g+ of BA in one serving which led to the tingling sensations.

The 750mg dose gives me a noticeable sensation, but nowhere near as intense as taking the larger doses. I will continue to space out the doses for the next week, and then consider upping the dose to 2-3 caps three times per day.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you got a noticeable sensation when dosing it low and spreading it out. What do you think of the Arginine E2? I recently started using it alongside Agmatine and those two combined gives an intense pump :shocked1:

//CC

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Glad you got a noticeable sensation when dosing it low and spreading it out. What do you think of the Arginine E2? I recently started using it alongside Agmatine and those two combined gives an intense pump :shocked1:
//CC
Given the circumstances last night with the arm workout, it's hard to say if I noticed anything with the AEE. This is because last night was my first time to go high volume/high rep in over a month. I've been training with heavier weight, lower reps, and a lot of rest-pause. Now I'm keeping most muscle groups relatively heavy with the exception of the arms. They seem to respond best to higher rep/volume work than with heavier weight.

My arms were pretty pumped and burning though. It's just difficult to say of it was from the AEE or from switching back to high volume. I should be able to gauge better when I hit arms again.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah it can be hard to tell. I recently switched from low rep high weight to more reps / lighter weights myself. I've been bashing my joints with them heavy weights for a good amount of time now and they started to tell me it was time to give them a little rest :) Gonna switch back in March to heavy weights though, can't go too long
without them :laugh:

//CC

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
I ended up not working out yesterday, which is probably a good thing. I feel like I needed an extra day for recovery, especially considering some of the exhausting home repairs I've been doing over the last few days.

Really liking the Beta Alanine! The 750mg caps are perfect for people like me who are sensitive to the tingling. Although even this relatively small dose produces a little bit of tingling sensation, it is nothing like that of a full dose.

My arms are insanely sore from the previous arm workout on Wednesday night. This would normally be a chest/back workout tonight, but since I'm this sore, I'm going to hit legs. My last leg workout was low volume (and unfortunately, relatively low intensity), so they are ready to go.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
beta alanine is awesome stuff
that alone has given me good results

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Legs

Leg Workout

Lunges - 5 sets of 12 w/55lb DB's
Hip Thrusts - 4 sets of 10 w/ 100 lbs. (barbell)
Sumo Squat - 4 sets of 15 w/55lb DB's

*Hip Thrusts are mainly a glute exercise, but I swear my legs have grown since I started doing them. So I keep them in my leg workouts.

Muscular endurance seemed good tonight. I feel like I could have done a lot more, but I did what I needed to do. Still got some tingling sensation from just one cap. I may try three caps at one time tomorrow just to see how much greater the tingling sensations are.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leg Workout

*Hip Thrusts are mainly a glute exercise, but I swear my legs have grown since I started doing them. So I keep them in my leg workouts.

Muscular endurance seemed good tonight. I feel like I could have done a lot more, but I did what I needed to do. Still got some tingling sensation from just one cap. I may try three caps at one time tomorrow just to see how much greater the tingling sensations are.
Glad to hear endurance is up :thumbsup: Let us know how much tingles you feel from 3 caps ;)

//CC

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leg Workout

Maybe an SNS rep would be nice enough to throw you a couple days worth of Agmatine............you would definitely see an increase in endurance and strength with that.;)

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Agmatine looks like a promising ingredient from what I have read. I may give that a try in the near future!

I took 3 caps of Beta Alanine as planned, and yeah, the parastesia sensations were very pronounced for almost 45 minutes. Back to 1 cap at a time for me! That's what I'm really liking about this product--the fact that I can take it in smaller doses without having to worry about those sensations.

I'm also going to a new dosing strategy. Since SNS was nice enough to send me the large jug of Beta Alanine caps, I'm going to aim to get in the range of 6-8 caps per day...all spaced out as much as possible. I think most of the research on BA has been at the 6.4g per day level, I'm going to aim to get close to that.

As for the others:

Magnesium Creatine Chelate : 3 caps in the morning and 3-4 caps one hour prior to workout.

Arginine Ethyl Ester - up to 4 caps pre-workout; on non-workout days 3 caps right before bed.*

*Would this help with sleep? In theory at least, the Arginine and Ornithine should help with GH levels, right?

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agmatine looks like a promising ingredient from what I have read. I may give that a try in the near future!

I took 3 caps of Beta Alanine as planned, and yeah, the parastesia sensations were very pronounced for almost 45 minutes. Back to 1 cap at a time for me! That's what I'm really liking about this product--the fact that I can take it in smaller doses without having to worry about those sensations.

I'm also going to a new dosing strategy. Since SNS was nice enough to send me the large jug of Beta Alanine caps, I'm going to aim to get in the range of 6-8 caps per day...all spaced out as much as possible. I think most of the research on BA has been at the 6.4g per day level, I'm going to aim to get close to that.

As for the others:

Magnesium Creatine Chelate : 3 caps in the morning and 3-4 caps one hour prior to workout.

Arginine Ethyl Ester - up to 4 caps pre-workout; on non-workout days 3 caps right before bed.*

*Would this help with sleep? In theory at least, the Arginine and Ornithine should help with GH levels, right?
I don't think it improves sleep that much, to some extent maybe.. It is aimed to boost your N.O. output :) In theory Ornithine Ethyl Ester DiHCL may help stimulate the production of growth hormone,

//CC

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i like agmatine
good stuff used Hemavol which has a good dose of it and it gives me very good pumps

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i like agmatine
good stuff used Hemavol which has a good dose of it and it gives me very good pumps
I frikkin love Agmatine :) Best N.O. product out there imho :p

//CC

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it improves sleep that much, to some extent maybe.. It is aimed to boost your N.O. output :) In theory Ornithine Ethyl Ester DiHCL may help stimulate the production of growth hormone,

//CC

Yeah, I think Arginine Pyroglutamate is the only form that has been shown to boost GH levels, along with Ornithine and Lysine. And I think the levels are pretty modest--much like taking Glutamine.

As soon as I wrap this log up, I plan to try HGHPro, Arginine Pyroglutamate, and a an extra gram or two of GABA pre-workout for GH.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Chest/Back

Weighted Push Ups - 50lbs - 4 sets of 12*
DB Flyes - 5 sets of 15 w/ 40 lbs
DB Pullovers - 5 sets of 15 w/ 55lbs

Db Rows - 5 sets of 12 w./55lbs
Pullup negatives - 5 sets of 6-8 negatives**

*I actually put two 25lb plates in backpack, put it on, and do the push ups

**I can't do a single overhand grip pull up. Sad but true. Jumping up on the bar, I try to slowly lower myself down over about 5 seconds each time. I'm hoping this will soon lead to being able to do one full pull up.

-Strength and endurance seem to be up, especially when I look at where I started just a few months ago. I felt like I could have kept on going last night and hammered out even more reps and sets.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job at the pushups .. U jus gave me an idea lol

Good to hear about endurance/Stregth ..2things that BA is known for :)

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Arms

**Workout : I'll be hitting arms tonight. The plan is high rep/high volume once again. I might keep this up for a couple of weeks and then switch back to a heavier routine.

This is the goal for tonight :

Barbell curls - will aim for 4 sets of 10-12 w/40lbs
Hammer curls - 4 sets of 12-15 w. 20lb db's
concentration curls - 4 sets of 10-12 w/ 20lb db's

Tricep pressdowns (cable) - 4 sets of 10-12 w/70lbs
overhead tricep extensions (cable) - 4 sets of 50 lbs.
tricep kickbacks - I'm never able to go too heavy on these; it always feels like the muscle is going to tear. I usually do these with 10lb db's.

Current Dosing

Beta Alanine - 1 cap 5 times per day spaced out. I tried this yesterday, and the tingling wasn't too bad. I will keep trying to bump it up every few days until I'm taking at least 6-8 per day.

Magneisum Creatine Chelate - 3 caps morning and 4 caps one hour pre-workout

Arginine Ethyl Ester - 4 caps pre-workout

*I go ahead and take 4 caps instead of the 3 cap serving size for MCC and AEE since I weigh 206lbs.

A few days of refeeding : I am meeting up with some coworkers tonight and having a few drinks so I may end up working out tonight with a slight buzz. :) I'm not too worried about the extra calories from the beer; in fact; I am actually planning to do a planned (and somewhat controlled) refeed through Christmas. I'll probably aim to not exceed 3,000 calories per day, though.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Nice job at the pushups .. U jus gave me an idea lol

Good to hear about endurance/Stregth ..2things that BA is known for :)
The backpack pushups work great for me. The 25 lb plates fit in there perfectly, so they're not moving around while I'm doing the push ups. I can fit 100 lbs. worth of 25's in there, so I am hoping to work up to that.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe an SNS rep would be nice enough to throw you a couple days worth of Agmatine............you would definitely see an increase in endurance and strength with that.;)
i like agmatine
I frikkin love Agmatine :) Best N.O. product out there imho :p

//CC

As for the others:

LJ57- I'm starting a Dzine cycle and I'll have a couple days worth of Agmatine left over since i wont be using it on cycle. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you so you can try it for yourself.
It wont be till Monday though because i refuse to stand in that "Xmas Post Office line " ha

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^that's pretty generous

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
do you have any d-plex you wont be running? or some suppress-c? :D

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LJ57- I'm starting a Dzine cycle and I'll have a couple days worth of Agmatine left over since i wont be using it on cycle. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you so you can try it for yourself.
It wont be till Monday though because i refuse to stand in that "Xmas Post Office line " ha
Very generous! Don't pass up the chance LJ57 ;)
And I hear you on that christmas post office line :rofl:

//CC

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job at mw1 .. Very nice .. Yea I'll take sum alpha1 too since Ure in a giving mood lol jk

Excited to see how Agmatine stacks .. Should compliment AEE quite well :)

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for doing this! PM sent, and as I stated in there, let me know if I can help you out with any of the supps I mentioned. Looking forward to seeing how Agmatine works in the stack. Based on what CC and others have reported, it sounds like this could be the ultimate pump stack!

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
I ended up working out about 2AM last night. I also did a few videos to check my form, which I may post a shot of later today. There is definitely a good pump going on, and I'm starting to really notice some definition in my arms that I haven't in the past. I haven't so much put on a lot of size as I have lost some fat and brought out a little bit of definition.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Terrible diet-wise today. Tomorrow will most likely be another day of blowing the diet since food will be everywhere. If family leaves out relatively early, then I will plan to resume training.

It seems like the Beta Alanine sides are somewhat lessened, but I will continue to take one 750mg cap at a time for now.

Dosing
Beta Alanine - 1 cap 4 times today
Magnesium Creatine Chelate - 3 caps this morning
Arginine Ethyl Ester - I am going to take 3 caps before bed tonight just to see if I notice anything in terms of improved sleep.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the grocery store with everything I need to get my diet back on track. I've got to stop winging it in terms of both diet and training. The intuitive approach I've used has about run its course.

This is what my diet will generally look like this week :

Meal #1 : Protein shake (2 servings)
Meal #2 : Lentils with TVP
Meal #3 : Protein shake (2 servings)
Meal #4 : Cottage cheese, baked carrots, swiss cheese
Meal #5 : Green peas, TVP, swiss cheese, canned asparagus
Meal #6 : Protein shake (2 servings post workout)

I bought a variety of beans to incorporate into my diet, so I don't get tired of eating the same kind every day. As much as I love TVP (texturized vegetable protein, I will probably phase it out. I have two small bags of it left. Everything I hear about it is negative and apparently not very healthy.

My body responds best to 2xs per week training, so I plan to completely move to a upper/lower body split. 2 on 1 off then 2 on 2 off and so forth to maximize recovery.

Supplements

The Beta Alanine is still giving me the tingles, although not as pronounced as in the beginning. From what I have read, it can take a couple of weeks before they completely subside.

I feel like my strength and endurance is good right now, and the workouts this week should really test that. I'll be lifting pretty heavy as well as incorporating a lot of exercises into each training session.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
healthy diet ..

any tips on how i can consume cottage cheese ... i bought it but i cant stand the taste

i mixed it in with fruit yougart ..that wasnt bad

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
healthy diet ..

any tips on how i can consume cottage cheese ... i bought it but i cant stand the taste

i mixed it in with fruit yougart ..that wasnt bad
I like it with blueberries and raspberries, pretty much any berry that will mix easily. Another one of my favorites will sound disgusting-- but I like adding Frank's Chili Sauce to it as well. Just the right balance of sweet, hot, and spicy.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like it with blueberries and raspberries, pretty much any berry that will mix easily. Another one of my favorites will sound disgusting-- but I like adding Frank's Chili Sauce to it as well. Just the right balance of sweet, hot, and spicy.
:why::why::why::why::why::why::why::why:

lol

good tip on berry's .. i will try thatt out ..thanks:147:

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
Upper Body Tonight

Upper body exercises tonight will consist of :

- weighted push ups (50 lbs)
- DB pullovers
- DB rows
- Pull up negatives
- Barbell curls
- Tricep extensions
- DB shoulder press

I'm trying to avoid a lot of isolation exercises for the time being. things like flyes, db curls, etc. I also ordered some new equipment today, which I plan to incorporate into training. I plan to start using COC grippers in the hopes of improving grip, forearms, and ultimately be able to increase the weight I can handle on curls. I will start with the one that has 140lbs. of pressure (#1) Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Diet has so far been perfect today. It's much easier for me when I plan meals out and stick with it. And the lentils and baked carrots are actually pretty good.

Currently going through the Beta Alanine tingles. I went ahead and took 3 caps (the full dose) and can feel them pretty good. the sensation always makes me want to constantly rub my forehead for some reason. lol

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Well, maybe some people do, but I sure haven't. I've been dosing bulk BA for about 6 months, and I still get the parathesia the same way I did with the first dose. It's the only effect from BA that I don't like.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, maybe some people do, but I sure haven't. I've been dosing bulk BA for about 6 months, and I still get the parathesia the same way I did with the first dose. It's the only effect from BA that I don't like.
I get used to it after about a week and dont notice it anymore, but everyone is different.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn .. increase your water intake ..still ?

i hated BA first time i took it .. felt like a crack head lol

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
From what I understand, the tingling will generally subside within a few weeks, but I guess for some it persists. I have had that parasthesia-like effect from three things : Niacin, Gaba, and Beta Alanine.