Volcom's Creatine Nitrate and Mesomorph Log

Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last

1. Log is looking great, be carefull with the back! I've had some back issues lately as well.
    Core Nutritionals Representative

2. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Log is looking great, be carefull with the back! I've had some back issues lately as well.
    Are you still doing BJJ right now?
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by more knowledge View Post
    Good accurate info (i lol at thrown off a cliff) i use meso in the morning now at half a scoop instead of coffee.Yields much better mental acuity and alertness than just caffeine and i never seem to build a tolerence to this particular stim blend.Also as stated it just wears off around 1-2pm with zero crash and i am already up and around by then.
    Damn, if I had enough Meso I'd probably consider doing that as well. This particular blend is oddly effective in spite of consistent use. It's nothing like anything I've tried.
    NSCA - CSCS

4. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Are you still doing BJJ right now?
    I havn't done any grappling/kickboxing/mma training for 2 months now since I hurt my ankle. Got the mri results in Monday, My anterior talofibular ligament is completly torn and I have a pairtial tear in my posterior talofibular. I only get a little pain walking but no way I could run or really have any foot work, also just closing my guard would hurt. I did some boxing on the hand pads yesterday for the first time since I hurt my ankle, it was ok, but no way I could kick or use lots of movement. I'm going to wrap my foot up and try some light grappling next week, but I really feel it will end up killing, if so then I will stick to weights untill surgery........ which sucks there is a No-Gi grappling tourny in Ottawa Jan 15th I wanted to compete in I'm waiting to hear back for when I can see a surgeon, I'm sure it won't be for months untill I can get surgery, health care is slow.
    Core Nutritionals Representative

5. MERRY CHRISTMAS VOLCOM!!!

THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    I havn't done any grappling/kickboxing/mma training for 2 months now since I hurt my ankle. Got the mri results in Monday, My anterior talofibular ligament is completly torn and I have a pairtial tear in my posterior talofibular. I only get a little pain walking but no way I could run or really have any foot work, also just closing my guard would hurt. I did some boxing on the hand pads yesterday for the first time since I hurt my ankle, it was ok, but no way I could kick or use lots of movement. I'm going to wrap my foot up and try some light grappling next week, but I really feel it will end up killing, if so then I will stick to weights untill surgery........ which sucks there is a No-Gi grappling tourny in Ottawa Jan 15th I wanted to compete in I'm waiting to hear back for when I can see a surgeon, I'm sure it won't be for months untill I can get surgery, health care is slow.
    Oh that sucks. My friend Zack got an ACL tear from sparring. He's about 220 and the guy he was sparring with was maybe 230-240. The guy took my friend Zack's back and as Zack was falling forward he put his left leg out and the position his knee was in when they landed with their combined weight popped his ACL. Injuries suck.

My back re-aggravations are from a slip disc at L2 maybe 7 years ago at this point, but I still re-aggravate on occasion. Many occasions a year actually, but it is what it is. Good luck with your recovery, bro.
    NSCA - CSCS

7. Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    MERRY CHRISTMAS VOLCOM!!!

Thanks TG!!! Though I'll be glad when the Holiday's are over. Being that I'm still a relative newly wed and both of our families are within 15 min of each other, it makes the, "who are we going to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with" arguments brutal. It's been nothing but stress, it ends today luckily....

Merry Christmas. I'm off to the mother-in-law in 50min.
    NSCA - CSCS

8. Holiday's went well, there's always more stress in the anticipation of the stress of things going array then is actually needed. Everything worked well for both families and that was the most important thing for me.

Anyway. I wanted to film some PR O-lifts today, but I've got the issue of my lower, left side. I'm 50/50 on whether its a good or bad idea. The next opportunity I'd have to film would be Tuesday, theoretically, and my back will be 100% or at least 90% by then. If I film today, I could do it at a private gym with no one around, which is ideal. On Tuesday, it'd have to be at the very public, L.A. Fitness and I'm not the biggest fan of filming in front of people. The downside of filming today is the greater risk of re-straining that same spot, but I'm impatient enough to take that risk..... we'll see.

Hope everyone had a good Holidays.
    NSCA - CSCS

9. Y'all are troopers workin out on xmas weekend...!!
  10. New PR's

I went in today and hit the Oly Hang Snatch PR films. I did in fact hit an all time PR.

I started this video with my old filmed PR attempt to contrast the difference, so the first few secs of video will be familiar to most of you, but only in the very beginning.

NSCA - CSCS

11. nice job Volcom !! I ordered mine a few days ago... waiting to get tracking information so i know when it will get here... they do send you that don't they ?? I haven't received anything other then the order confirmation.

12. Damn good stuff Vol. Are you wrapped or are those wrist wraps?

13. Bro I saw this late but will be watching now!!! I too btw am Pacific Islander GUAM!!! Good luck with the log and let me know through pm if i need to try either one with my second stack!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by bluerocket View Post
    nice job Volcom !! I ordered mine a few days ago... waiting to get tracking information so i know when it will get here... they do send you that don't they ?? I haven't received anything other then the order confirmation.
    If you ordered from Nutraplanet, they'll usually send you a confirmation. However, if for some reason they didn't, historically, I've never not received an order, even if I didn't get an confirmation e-mail for whatever reason. That said, their customer service is top notch, so don't hesitate to call if you feel concerned.

Also, thanks for dropping in Rocket, glad to have you.
    NSCA - CSCS

15. Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    Damn good stuff Vol. Are you wrapped or are those wrist wraps?
    I started wrapping when doing Hangs. I raw grip it if I'm pulling off the floor, because your grip can reset when you reset the move, like stop and go deads. I used to raw grip even the hang cleans, just for the sake of forearm development and it did help at first. I got more landscape in the forearm flexors and extensors, but then the hypertrophy stimulation stopped and my grip strength wasn't building in a great enough capacity to be worth how much it was limiting the rest of the lift, reps-wise, so I justified the wrap on the hangs recently. As recently as maybe the 3rd day on this stack, so pretty recently.

Did you Christmas carbo load like the rest of us?
    NSCA - CSCS

16. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Bro I saw this late but will be watching now!!! I too btw am Pacific Islander GUAM!!! Good luck with the log and let me know through pm if i need to try either one with my second stack!!
    Oh sweet. The best man at my wedding was from Guam. Thanks for joining in Packers. I'll be seeing you soon enough on any given forum
    NSCA - CSCS

17. Yeah you will lol. I love this stuff! I never really new about forums until little over couple months ago. It's one of the best things to ever happen to me. I use to work at local GNC store. I started off kicking my manager's butts in sales. That was back when I was 22 benching 350 doing bench 225 12 reps x 3 sets. I had my weight down to about 175. The only think I took back then was the org Xenadrine RFA, creatine mono, and amino's. Now after all those years of letting myself go I am back with a vengance that can't and will not be rivaled!!!!!!

18. actually ordered direct ... so we'll see ..

19. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I went in today and hit the Oly Hang Snatch PR films. I did in fact hit an all time PR.
    Gotta love some PR action big daddy V!!!

Now get back in there and set some more........
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."

20. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I started wrapping when doing Hangs. I raw grip it if I'm pulling off the floor, because your grip can reset when you reset the move, like stop and go deads. I used to raw grip even the hang cleans, just for the sake of forearm development and it did help at first. I got more landscape in the forearm flexors and extensors, but then the hypertrophy stimulation stopped and my grip strength wasn't building in a great enough capacity to be worth how much it was limiting the rest of the lift, reps-wise, so I justified the wrap on the hangs recently. As recently as maybe the 3rd day on this stack, so pretty recently.

Did you Christmas carbo load like the rest of us?
    Interesting. I've never done those, they look tough; almost look scary cuz if you bring the weight up and cant control it, it looks like it can do some damage to the shoulders!

I'm gonna have to try this Meso. Everything has been so detailed.

I did dirty carb load a bit. lol Its my last week of sanity till i hit a full blown 16 week cut with no cheats. I know the challenege but I also know the results so it drives me to get there...

21. Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    Interesting. I've never done those, they look tough; almost look scary cuz if you bring the weight up and cant control it, it looks like it can do some damage to the shoulders!

I'm gonna have to try this Meso. Everything has been so detailed.

I did dirty carb load a bit. lol Its my last week of sanity till i hit a full blown 16 week cut with no cheats. I know the challenege but I also know the results so it drives me to get there...
    The Olympic Snatch does look intimidating, because it looks like so much can go wrong, but there are actually a good amount of firewalls instilled in that lift that would prevent injury.

Firstly, 95%, if the weight is more then you can power up, the bar will stop somewhere between parallel to the chest or eye level. Due to it being a velocity "focused" lift, if the speed isn't on par, the bar isn't getting overhead.

Secondly, if you progress slowly, as anyone should, you'll feel what your shoulders and core can or can't handle from the lighter set before. This is a lift where starting off with 95lbs was my foundation for awhile, simply because my core and shoulder stability needed to adapt to holding that kind of weight "wide grip" over my head. I've never, ever been surprised by the weight and then had to drop it. Your core will say "no" to you from a previous, lighter set, before your mind thinks it can go heavier. I do 99% of my O-lifts at L.A. Fitness with the regular weights, not Oly weights, so I'm not allowed to drop anything and I haven't yet. For example, the 165 I hit looked relatively smooth and it probably looked like I could have gone 2-3 reps and then gone for another heavier set, but as soon as I felt the 165lbs overhead, I could tell my core and shoulder stability were at its limits. Unless your trying out for the Olympics and train O-lifts full time like an Olympian, you don't need to push the envelop to the point of forced failure every time to make the desired adaptations.

Pro's for a "bodybuilder." I started the O-lifts when I started my cut actually. Granted, O-lifts are the most simple sugars demanding lift there is, "IF" you want to improve drastically, however, in the absence of simple sugars or even complex, the benefits of O-lifts basically come from it being a Metabolic Training type of exercise if you perform higher reps, like 6-10. It's like HIIT lifting, not HIT (High Intensity Training) lifting, but HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) as in the sprint intervals. Effing fantastic for burning calories and giving your metabolism a shot of nitrous (if done in high repetitions). On that same note, Hang Cleans is an easier alternative and would have the same Metabolic Training effects if done in high repetitions. For Cleans, moving up in dimes is alright. I'll put up a Hang Cleans video some time. My previous Cleans PR was 185lbs and I'm certain I'm a good 10lbs over that at least with this stack.

It's done wonders for my traps and shoulders, because apart from your hip extension, it's your traps, then shoulders doing the work. If you were to try it, I'd start with dimes on each side, seriously, just to establish the movement, the shoulder ROM and move up in 2.5's - 5's. With O-lifts, being that it's velocity based, you can't really "muscle through," if you can't move the bar fast enough, it won't become an ugly rep, it'll be a fail and 2.5's make a difference like no other.
    NSCA - CSCS

22. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post

I started this video with my old filmed PR attempt to contrast the difference, so the first few secs of video will be familiar to most of you, but only in the very beginning.

Sorry, just bumping it because it got lost in the previous page, ALREADY.
    NSCA - CSCS

23. Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    Gotta love some PR action big daddy V!!!

Now get back in there and set some more........
    Thanks TG! Greatest motivator on the inter-web. This stack has been abnormally successful in many ways so far, hope you had a good Christmas.
    NSCA - CSCS

24. Flat Bench
    225lbs x 15 reps
    275lbs x 10 reps
    295lbs x 10 reps
    305lbs x 6 reps
    305lbs x 5 reps

Incline Bench
    185lbs x 12 reps
    225lbs x 10 reps
    245lbs x 10 reps
    275lbs x 6 reps
    275lbs x 5 reps

Incline Db Flies
    50lbs Db's x 10 reps
    55lbs Db's x 10 reps
    60lbs Db's x 6 reps

Leaning Hammer Triceps Press (for decline chest)
    225lbs x 15 reps
    275lbs x 10 reps
    295lbs x 6 reps

Not too enthused about today's workout. I felt a little sick beforehand and my carb intake was low today, but still. My energy level was low, relative to how I've been. My strength performance was probably okay, but my motivation throughout the lift was a little dead. I could just be lacking necessary rest or its because I really am sick. Either way, it was just one of those days. It's hard to hit a homer with every workout. Today was probably a single and tagged out at second. There's a chance my chest needs a deload week. Next week I may go moderate weight and play with the repetition limits of Mesomorph.
    NSCA - CSCS

25. Bro you will kick double A$$ in your next workout. I hate those days. I don't like to skip a workout, however if my mind tells me I am not feeling good, then I know I will not push myself hard in the gym. I hope you get to feeling better quick. I'm pulling for ya.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. APS Mesomorph + Creatine Nitrate
    By swaneon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 11:34 PM
  2. ETA on APS mesomorph & creatine nitrate?
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 03:52 PM