Volcom's Creatine Nitrate and Mesomorph Log

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off, I’d like to thank APS and Judgement Day for offering me the opportunity to log their supplements, CREATINE NITRATE and MESOMORPH.

I’m particularly excited about this because I’ve recently fallen in love with pre-workouts ever since I tried Jack3d, which in turn led me to try ASGT and once Mesomorph was released and after I read all the positive feedback on it, I became very interested in this product. Jack3d and ASGT are my current standards of quality as far as pre-workouts are concerned and I’m hoping Mesomorph lives up to or even exceeds those standards.

Creatine Nitrate is also something I’ve been incredibly interested in ever since it came out. Historically, I’m an old school guy who lives & breathes creatine mono as a tried and true form of creatine and I rarely venture out of plain & simple mono. Also, historically, I’ve not been a fan of the Arginine AKG based NO2 craze. However, I am always open to give something a first hand experience and I like what I’ve read in regards to Nitrates and NO2.

A Little About Me:
Primarily, I’m a bodybuilder like most everyone else here, with the exception that my workout partners happen to be amateur football and MMA athletes, therefore, along with my traditional muscle hypertrophy focused lifts, I also dabble in Olympic Lifts, such as the Olympic Snatch, Olympic Clean & Jerk and various accessory power driven lifts (power as in velocity centric, not 1RM squats and bench presses).

I’m looking forward to both of these products and thank you again APS and Judgement Day.

I was asked to post photos, but I don’t have any, however, I do have some quasi-recent videos that I can post a compare and contrast to, so here’s a little about me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 15 days into Creatine Nitrate and Mesomorph video for the Olympic Hang Snatch PR attempts.

Last edited:
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off, I’d like to thank APS and Judgement Day for offering me the opportunity to log their supplements, CREATINE NITRATE and MESOMORPH.

I’m particularly excited about this because I’ve recently fallen in love with pre-workouts ever since I tried Jack3d, which in turn led me to try ASGT and once Mesomorph was released and after I read all the positive feedback on it, I became very interested in this product. Jack3d and ASGT are my current standards of quality as far as pre-workouts are concerned and I’m hoping Mesomorph lives up to or even exceeds those standards.

Creatine Nitrate is also something I’ve been incredibly interested in ever since it came out. Historically, I’m an old school guy who lives & breathes creatine mono as a tried and true form of creatine and I rarely venture out of plain & simple mono. Also, historically, I’ve not been a fan of the Arginine AKG based NO2 craze. However, I am always open to give something a first hand experience and I like what I’ve read in regards to Nitrates and NO2.

A Little About Me:
Primarily, I’m a bodybuilder like most everyone else here, with the exception that my workout partners happen to be amateur football and MMA athletes, therefore, along with my traditional muscle hypertrophy focused lifts, I also dabble in Olympic Lifts, such as the Olympic Snatch, Olympic Clean & Jerk and various accessory power driven lifts (power as in velocity centric, not 1RM squats and bench presses).

I’m looking forward to both of these products and thank you again APS and Judgement Day.

I was asked to post photos, but I don’t have any, however, I do have some quasi-recent videos that I can post a compare and contrast to, so here’s a little about me.

Way to start the log off:), digging the workout videos:D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am all over this man! Thanks for the invite!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First Impressions..... WOW! Day 1

To simply say Mesomorph is potent would be a disservice.

Preface:
Tonight was my first impression with Mesomorph, but it would not be a true, stim-virgin impression, as I have been on a 1:1 scoop concoction of Jack3d and ASGT for about two months now, 3-4 times a week. Meaning, my stim tolerance is well established and relatively high. However, after my workout I'm still feeling like the way you feel the first time you take some weight loss stim product after a month of stim celibacy. This is how day one of White Flood on fresh adrenal glands feel to me, minus the postworkout endorphin orgy fueled by the nootropics.

Chest Day

Flat Bench
225lbs x 10 reps
275lbs x 10 reps
295lbs x 10 reps
315lbs x 5 reps
335lbs x 3 reps2

Incline Bench
225lbs x 10 reps
255lbs x 10 reps
275lbs x 7 reps
295lbs x 7 reps

Hammer Wide Press
270lbs x 10 reps
320lbs x 10 reps
360lbs x 8 reps
360lbs x 6 reps

Incline Machine Press
180lbs x 15 reps
225lbs x 12 reps
245lbs x 10 reps
250lbs x 10 reps
265lbs x 8 reps
280lbs x 6 reps

What I noticed the most was an increase in general stamina and intra-set muscle endurance. I was able to push heavier weight, later in the workout and go deeper into the reps as the sets progressed.

Side Notes
- 1 scoop of Mesomorph feels like 2 scoops of Jack3d in terms of the parasthetic (tingling sensations from the Beta Alanine) effects. This is not necessarily a good or bad thing. Some people really love the parasthesia, some don't. Either way, I can still feel residual tingling 2 hours after my 4:00pm dose.

- While taking Jack3d (solo), I tend to burn out by the end of the workout, it's a rather pronounced crash. On ASGT (solo), I don't ever feel that end of the workout crash, but rather a weaning off of the stim effects. On Mesomorph, I'm still impressively (mentally) stim'd after my workout and the real impressive part about it is that I've been on pre-workouts for about 2 months already, whether I'm taking Jack3d solo, ASGT solo or a concoction of the two (while mixing in V2 on occasion). I didn't know my adrenal glands still had it in them to be so stim receptive. Again, this feels like how I felt the first time I took White Flood after a month of stim celibacy.

- Creatine Nitrate. It's still too early to judge. I was recently on creatine mono, then switched to Orotine and today was my first dose of creatine nitrate. I can say my experience with Orotin was superior to plain creapure and at the very least, this creatine nitrate has felt just as good. We'll see as the Nitrate portion of the CN starts to take effect what differences, if any, there will be.

- I actually feel more stim'd right now, then before I started to lift. Jack3d is more of a mental stim and requires a kick start for me before it fully kicks in. I really start to feel the added intensity Jack3d provides intra-workout once my blood has started moving and my metabolism fully awakens. Except, I pay for that added sense of intensity toward the end of the workout, which is fine, as workouts are concerned, because I'm done anyway. Mesomorph felt like jack3d in the sense that it requires some jump starting before its effects fully kick in, the difference is, I'm still in kick start mode post workout. At least as far as Day 1 is concerned.

I haven't been this surprised by the efficacy of a product since I first tried SX (Slim Xtreme) by Anabolic Xtreme back in the day. Great first day. My only apprehension is that traditionally, supps that kick this strong up front, tend to lose their effects quicker, so we will see how long this great experience rides out. I was truly impressed with Mesomorph tonight, I hope it continues.

Last edited:
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very Nice Day 1, very detailed!

Great to see you enjoyed Day 1, I think you will really enjoy Mesomorph:), I found through the whole tub it didn't lose it's effectiveness, I'm interested to see how it effects you.

What did you dose Creatine Nitrate today?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very Nice Day 1, very detailed!

Great to see you enjoyed Day 1, I think you will really enjoy Mesomorph:), I found through the whole tub it didn't lose it's effectiveness, I'm interested to see how it effects you.

What did you dose Creatine Nitrate today?
4 before and 4 after. I liked the other suggestion on the bottle of 6 before 2 after, but considering I'm also on Mesomorph, I thought the 4/4 would suffice, not that I'm not open to 6/2. That said, traditionally, I like to do AM dose, PM dose and pre-workout dose to make sure my creatine stores are full. I'm currently on a low carb diet, so I'm not really benefiting from any post workout insulin spikes to enhance the shuttling of the CN into the muscle, which makes me wonder if I shouldn't just keep it an AM dose and Pre-workout dose.

P.S. GSP is already training for Shields and though I'm well aware of Shields' accomplishments in ADCC in submitting GSP, Fitch and Leos Santos, I just don't think Shield's stands a chance when GSP is allowed to punch & kick. Not to mention GSP's new found jab.

Next big fight for me is Penn and Alves, though I would love to see Vitor beat down on Andy Silva, but I just don't see it happening.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4 before and 4 after. I liked the other suggestion on the bottle of 6 before 2 after, but considering I'm also on Mesomorph, I thought the 4/4 would suffice, not that I'm not open to 6/2. That said, traditionally, I like to do AM dose, PM dose and pre-workout dose to make sure my creatine stores are full. I'm currently on a low carb diet, so I'm not really benefiting from any post workout insulin spikes to enhance the shuttling of the CN into the muscle, which makes me wonder if I shouldn't just keep it an AM dose and Pre-workout dose.

P.S. GSP is already training for Shields and though I'm well aware of Shields' accomplishments in ADCC in submitting GSP, Fitch and Leos Santos, I just don't think Shield's stands a chance when GSP is allowed to punch & kick. Not to mention GSP's new found jab.

Next big fight for me is Penn and Alves, though I would love to see Vitor beat down on Andy Silva, but I just don't see it happening.

You mean Penn and Fitch?

I wouldn't dose the whole 8 caps when your taking Mesomorph, at max I think 1 scoop of Meso and 5 caps of Creatine Nitrate is all anyone needs. No need for post-workout dose. Doing more then that would be too much Nitrates imo.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, thats one helluva workout...
Thanks, Flex. I've actually been much more super-set focused lately, so this is an uncommonly straight-forward chest day. Tomorrow is O-lifts and delts, I'm looking forward to it.

Side note. Have you met with that guy to assess your competition potentials yet?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You mean Penn and Fitch?

I wouldn't dose the whole 8 caps when your taking Mesomorph, at max I think 1 scoop of Meso and 5 caps of Creatine Nitrate is all anyone needs. No need for post-workout dose. Doing more then that would be too much Nitrates imo.
Yeah, absolutely, brain fart, Penn/Fitch (I actually wrote Penn/Alves again before correcting it).

Alright, cool. I'll go 5 caps tomorrow pre and see how that goes. I'd prefer that type of dosing scheme anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.

Side Note: Lame that Jose Aldo is out with an injury. Curious, who do you have winning between Vitor/Anderson and Edgar/Maynard II? Also, I'm pulling for Ben Henderson, I like that guy, him and Cerrone are my favorites behind Aldo coming out of the WEC.

Last edited:
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ben Henderson vs the winner of Edgar/Maynard would be pretty awesome:)

more knowledge

Awards
  • Established
Wow!Awesome attention to detail in this log.Will follow for sure.

side:How insane did alves look the other night against howard?He was just on another level,like everything was slow motion for him..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow!Awesome attention to detail in this log.Will follow for sure.

side:How insane did alves look the other night against howard?He was just on another level,like everything was slow motion for him..
Thanks, glad to have you and yeah, Alves reminded me of a thick Jose Aldo the way he was controlling the fight with low kicks. Who are some of your favorite fighters?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something else worth of note, I took my dose of Mesomorph at 4pm and was still fully energized once I got home. The energy started to wean around 8pm and by 11'ishpm I was able to fall asleep without any hyper-stim'd insomnia. I was actually concerned about this last night, how this would effect my sleep, but it wore off in time and once it did, I didn't have any sleep issues.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Inn for the win Volc, busted ass hand and all. Man I want to lift but it will January before a touch an upper body weight.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inn for the win Volc, busted ass hand and all. Man I want to lift but it will January before a touch an upper body weight.
Thanks for joining Fin. What happened to your hand?

Tommy_Guns

Awards
Just got through my 1st week back in the gym after almost 2 years off.
Thanks to AM and all the great things I heard I got Mesomorph. Very impressed and soon to adding Creatine Nitrate to the mix. Whats the deal with APS? Been out for awhile but never heard of them.. So far best pre I ever used. Hope Creatine Nitrate lived up to the hype.. Any suggestions on doses?

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Side note. Have you met with that guy to assess your competition potentials yet?
No sir. We agreed new year would be best. We're all kinda busy with holidays and such. Im figuring Ill shoot for 2nd week of January...Hes competing in the Jr Nationals this year..Im really hoping he can put me over the top...

Thx for askin..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got through my 1st week back in the gym after almost 2 years off.
Thanks to AM and all the great things I heard I got Mesomorph. Very impressed and soon to adding Creatine Nitrate to the mix. Whats the deal with APS? Been out for awhile but never heard of them.. So far best pre I ever used. Hope Creatine Nitrate lived up to the hype.. Any suggestions on doses?
JudgmentDay suggested 5 caps pre and that's it, if you're stacking it with Mesomorph. I'll get more detailed as to my thoughts on this stack as soon as I post my workout. Thanks for joining in.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I am 12 and what is this? I'd better sub to find out.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2; A Pump Epiphany

Today was Olympic Lifts and Delts. As far as Olympic lifts goes, we only did the hang snatch because my workout partner hurt his right knee, so we couldn't continue with anything standing that would strain his knee. This is an example of an Olympic Hang Snatch if you're unsure as to what it is.

HANG SNATCH superset Db LATERAL RAISES
Hang Snatch 95lbs x 5 reps; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Hang Snatch 115lbs x 5 reps; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Hang Snatch 135lbs x 3 reps; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Hang Snatch 140lbs x 2 reps; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Hang Snatch 145lbs x fail; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps

SEATED MILITARY superset Bent Over Db Lateral Raises
Seated Military 135lbs x 10 reps; superset; 35lbs bent over Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Seated Military 155lbs x 10 reps; superset; 35lbs bent over Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Seated Military 185lbs x 8 reps; superset; 35lbs bent over Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Seated Military 205lbs x 6 reps; superset; 35lbs bent over Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps

Hammer Shoulder Press superset Db Upright Rows
90lbs x 10 reps; superset 35lbd Db upright rows x 10 reps
140lbs x 8 reps; superset 35lbd Db upright rows x 10 reps
160lbs x 10 reps; superset 35lbd Db upright rows x 10 reps

Smith, Behind The Neck Shrugs
225lbx x 20 reps
315lbs x 20 reps
405lbs x 10 reps
455lbs x 8 reps
495lbs x 6 reps

A Pump Epiphany:
I'm not one to glorify the pump too much. I don't think a normal pump serves me much purpose beyond an indication that my muscles are warm and primed for lifting. However, I noticed that I never felt ANY build up of Hydrogen + ions from today's lifts, in the face of all that super-setting. In Laymen's terms, I never felt the burning and paralyzing, numbing sensation (which is actually the H+ build up choking out the O2 in the working muscle) inhibiting my lifts.

My hypothesis concerns the synergy of the Nitrate portion of the creatine, combined with the Mesomorph; the Beta Alanine in particular. Quick breakdown so you can follow my logic. Our muscles feed off of ATP (adenosinetriphosphate) for forceful contractions. The byproduct of ATP are Hydrogen + Ions, the build up of H+ ions in the working muscle choke out the O2 and therefore, the muscle begins to numb and the inability to contract begins to set in. Beta Alanine raises carnosine levels and carnosine buffers H+ ions, therefore, delaying the H+ build up substantially.

Part two is the lactate threshold. Your lactate threshold is your ability to flush out lactic acid faster then it builds up. As lactic acid builds up in the muscle, you start to lose the ability to "maximally" contract.

We have two elements that determine the limits of our ability to contract. The build up of the ATP byproduct H+ and the build up of lactic acid.

The creatineNITRATE and Mesomorph (BA) synergy.
To be straight forward, the BA ultimately buffers the H+ via elevated carnosine levels and the NITRATES with its ability to assist in superior blood flow via the creation of NO2 causing vasodilation becomes a double barrel shotgun against intra-set muscle fatigue, which is something I felt in an extraordinarily pronounced manner today.

I hope I didn't use too much jargon and my logic made sense. Great lift today.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Today was Olympic Lifts and Delts. As far as Olympic lifts goes, we only did the hang snatch because my workout partner hurt his right knee, so we couldn't continue with anything standing that would strain his knee. This is an example of an Olympic Hang Snatch if you're unsure as to what it is.

HANG SNATCH superset Db LATERAL RAISES
Hang Snatch 95lbs x 5 reps; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Hang Snatch 115lbs x 5 reps; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Hang Snatch 135lbs x 3 reps; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Hang Snatch 140lbs x 2 reps; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Hang Snatch 145lbs x fail; superset to 35lbs Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps

SEATED MILITARY superset Bent Over Db Lateral Raises
Seated Military 135lbs x 10 reps; superset; 35lbs bent over Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Seated Military 155lbs x 10 reps; superset; 35lbs bent over Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Seated Military 185lbs x 8 reps; superset; 35lbs bent over Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps
Seated Military 205lbs x 6 reps; superset; 35lbs bent over Db Lateral Raises x 10 reps

Hammer Shoulder Press superset Db Upright Rows
90lbs x 10 reps; superset 35lbd Db upright rows x 10 reps
140lbs x 8 reps; superset 35lbd Db upright rows x 10 reps
160lbs x 10 reps; superset 35lbd Db upright rows x 10 reps

Smith, Behind The Neck Shrugs
225lbx x 20 reps
315lbs x 20 reps
405lbs x 10 reps
455lbs x 8 reps
495lbs x 6 reps

A Pump Epiphany:
I'm not one to glorify the pump too much. I don't think a normal pump serves me much purpose beyond an indication that my muscles are warm and primed for lifting. However, I noticed that I never felt ANY build up of Hydrogen + ions from today's lifts, in the face of all that super-setting. In Laymen's terms, I never felt the burning and paralyzing, numbing sensation (which is actually the H+ build up choking out the O2 in the working muscle) inhibiting my lifts.

My hypothesis concerns the synergy of the Nitrate portion of the creatine, combined with the Mesomorph; the Beta Alanine in particular. Quick breakdown so you can follow my logic. Our muscles feed off of ATP (adenosinetriphosphate) for forceful contractions. The byproduct of ATP are Hydrogen + Ions, the build up of H+ ions in the working muscle choke out the O2 and therefore, the muscle begins to numb and the inability to contract begins to set in. Beta Alanine raises carnosine levels and carnosine buffers H+ ions, therefore, delaying the H+ build up substantially.

Part two is the lactate threshold. Your lactate threshold is your ability to flush out lactic acid faster then it builds up. As lactic acid builds up in the muscle, you start to lose the ability to "maximally" contract.

We have two elements that determine the limits of our ability to contract. The build up of the ATP byproduct H+ and the build up of lactic acid.

The creatineNITRATE and Mesomorph (BA) synergy.
To be straight forward, the BA ultimately buffers the H+ via elevated carnosine levels and the NITRATES with its ability to assist in superior blood flow via the creation of NO2 causing vasodilation becomes a double barrel shotgun against intra-set muscle fatigue, which is something I felt in an extraordinarily pronounced manner today.

I hope I didn't use too much jargon and my logic made sense. Great lift today.
AHH PHUCK YEAH MY MAN! You got that last one..you grew on that one bro! 3 times fail I usually call it quits.. Reps!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good post!

Nice progress!, so far a wicked log:), detail, videos....phenomenal!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AHH PHUCK YEAH MY MAN! You got that last one..you grew on that one bro! 3 times fail I usually call it quits.. Reps!
Thanks Flex. I can pull more weight now :fest30: But not by too, too much. With Olympic lifts, even adding 2.5's on each side is the difference of nailing it and failing it.

Good post!

Nice progress!, so far a wicked log:), detail, videos....phenomenal!
Thanks. I also wore the sweet APS shirt that came in the package. It's probably the best fitting XL I've ever worn. Normal XL's tend to hang around the waste like a moo-moo, but the APS one is nice and fitting.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello? I can has Clean and Jerk?
lol, yeah. Normally, we would hit Snatch, Cleans, then Jerks or we'll do the full on C&J. However, my workout partner hurt his knee on the snatch. He isn't good with dropping below the bar and stabilizing with his core, so he over extends his wide stance, borderline sumo stance, except his feet are pointing forward and that caused his knee to tweek.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Present and accounted for. :usa2:

Thanks for the invite Sam. I wouldn't dare miss a Volcom thread. So much detailed info and the workout videos are to kill for!!

I see you're still utilizing the Viking Press on the Hammer Strength machines.....the "off the handle" grip. I like doing those from time to time for the variety. Seems to hit the outer pecs nicely.

And I see you're rockin' that lever-action blue Inzer power belt on those Hang-Snatches. Very cool. Best belt for the money on the entire market..........just a Thunder-opinion. ha ha

Time to turn this thread up another notch..........BAM!!!:hammer:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Present and accounted for. :usa2:

Thanks for the invite Sam. I wouldn't dare miss a Volcom thread. So much detailed info and the workout videos are to kill for!!

I see you're still utilizing the Viking Press on the Hammer Strength machines.....the "off the handle" grip. I like doing those from time to time for the variety. Seems to hit the outer pecs nicely.

And I see you're rockin' that lever-action blue Inzer power belt on those Hang-Snatches. Very cool. Best belt for the money on the entire market..........just a Thunder-opinion. ha ha

Time to turn this thread up another notch..........BAM!!!:hammer:

Thanks for joining Thunder! You know that MOD thread we all had to read before we last signed on? Or maybe you don't if you haven't signed on today, but basically, they're opening a MOD position with monetary compensation and you have 1 vote. I forgot by who, but I saw it.

The Inzer belt is great, especially with the snazzy lever. The belt is so thick and quality that if we did have a Nuclear Winter, the world would be inhabited by scavenging insects and Inzer belts.

Great vid by the way. The last FLEX cover with Jay Cutler on it looked insane. I don't know how he's managed to improve with time in a sport where he's technically past his prime age-wise.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for joining Thunder! You know that MOD thread we all had to read before we last signed on? Or maybe you don't if you haven't signed on today, but basically, they're opening a MOD position with monetary compensation and you have 1 vote. I forgot by who, but I saw it.

The Inzer belt is great, especially with the snazzy lever. The belt is so thick and quality that if we did have a Nuclear Winter, the world would be inhabited by scavenging insects and Inzer belts.

Great vid by the way. The last FLEX cover with Jay Cutler on it looked insane. I don't know how he's managed to improve with time in a sport where he's technically past his prime age-wise.
That was ex-tightend83 who suggested me as a Mod. He just likes that I'm an egomaniacal juicer!! LMAO
I actually thought of you as a new Mod when I read that thread.

And concerning Jay being past his prime age-wise........I'm not sure such a thing exists. Look at Ronnie who made incredible gains well into his 40's. Then you have the ageless Vince Taylor.....nuff said. I also think of Dr. Fred Hatfield (Dr. Squat) who broke all his previous PR's on bench, deadlift, and even squat when he reached his 40's.

I think as long as one trains wisely and intensely, that person could see gains well into their 40's, 50's, and maybe even their early 60's. These are the days when athletes are realizing there's not as many limitations as we were lead to believe years ago.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was ex-tightend83 who suggested me as a Mod. He just likes that I'm an egomaniacal juicer!! LMAO
I actually thought of you as a new Mod when I read that thread.

And concerning Jay being past his prime age-wise........I'm not sure such a thing exists. Look at Ronnie who made incredible gains well into his 40's. Then you have the ageless Vince Taylor.....nuff said. I also think of Dr. Fred Hatfield (Dr. Squat) who broke all his previous PR's on bench, deadlift, and even squat when he reached his 40's.

I think as long as one trains wisely and intensely, that person could see gains well into their 40's, 50's, and maybe even their early 60's. These are the days when athletes are realizing there's not as many limitations as we were lead to believe years ago.
I hear you on the age thing. Everytime Bob Cicherello said Ronnie's past his prime and that Jay was past his prime, he continued to be wrong.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
no tolerance build up with over half the tub gone. the effects keep increasing, not diminishing like most pre-workouts i have used.

combined with the creatine nitrate, i think you are really going to enjoy the ride!!!

GOOD LUCK!:hammer:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3, was "suppose" to be an off-day

Today was suppose to be an off-day, so I only took 2 split doses of creatine nitrate. On my drive home, I realized I had to go to some Christmas party-dinner for my wife's work (she's a private school teacher) tomorrow, so I ended up steering my way toward the gym. No mesomorph, but doses of creatine nitrate about 40-50min prior.

Creatine Nitrate without the Mesomorph.

- Strength was not effected, my 1-10 reps strength was actually stronger then anticipated and nothing suffered as far as reps 1-10.

- Holy H+/Lactic acid build up. Supersets, from reps 10 on burned like all living hell. Yesterday, I felt an extraordinarily lack of burn from high rep sets, which I attributed to the synergy of the circulation enhancement of the Nitrates combined with the Beta Alanine in the Mesomorph and today, the burn was dramatic. I'll be looking forward to my next workout WITH mesomorph.

Lately, I've split back into two separate days. Width, primarily vertical resistance movements and thickness, primarily horizontal resistance movements. Today was width, my next back workout this week will be thickness. I understand you can't have a purely exclusive width or thickness day, which is why I just use the term "emphasis."

Back Day; Emphasis on Width

BW Wide Grip Pull Ups
BW x 15 [PR + 5 reps], x 10, x 10, x 8, x 7 reps

BW Behind The Neck Pull Ups; Superset to Hammer Pull Downs
BW Behind The Neck Pull Ups x 10 reps; Superset to 180lbs Hammer Pull Downs x 10 reps
BW Behind The Neck Pull Ups x 10 reps; Superset to 180lbs Hammer Pull Downs x 8 reps
BW Behind The Neck Pull Ups x 10 reps; Superset to 230lbs Hammer Pull Downs x 6 reps

One Arm, Hammer High Rows, under-grip
90lbs x 10 reps, each arm
130lbs x 10 reps, each arm
150lbs x 10 reps, each arm [PR + 4 reps]
175lbs x 10 reps, each arm [PR + entire set]

Close Grip Lat Pull Downs
180lbs x 10 reps
200lbs x 10 reps
220lbs x 8 reps

Thee biggest, most pronounced effect of the lack of mesomorph with the creatine nitrate was 10+ rep range, not to mention the energy level. I walked out the gym feeling pretty beat up due to feeling drained. However, the strength from the creatine nitrate was solid. It feels like a solid product alone, but I certainly feel a palpable synergy when combining creatine nitrate and mesomorph together.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
no tolerance build up with over half the tub gone. the effects keep increasing, not diminishing like most pre-workouts i have used.

combined with the creatine nitrate, i think you are really going to enjoy the ride!!!

GOOD LUCK!:hammer:
Thanks Big, I appreciate you stopping by. This stack has been doing me well so far, I've had some unexpected, positive surprises with the combination of the two.

I wonder if there is more beta alanine per serving in mesomorph then in jack3d or ASGT, I don't know, but the parasthetic symptoms I get from 1 scoop of mesomorph suggests a higher dosage. It literally feels like 2 scoops of jack3d, both in the intensity of the parasthesia and the duration it lasts.

APS NUTRITION

Awards
Thanks Big, I appreciate you stopping by. This stack has been doing me well so far, I've had some unexpected, positive surprises with the combination of the two.

I wonder if there is more beta alanine per serving in mesomorph then in jack3d or ASGT, I don't know, but the parasthetic symptoms I get from 1 scoop of mesomorph suggests a higher dosage. It literally feels like 2 scoops of jack3d, both in the intensity of the parasthesia and the duration it lasts.
There is 4100mg of beta alanine in 1 serving of mesomorph.We feel that is the min amount needed to achieve the necessary carnosine production and intracellular saturation.this is one of the reasons mesomorph is so different from many other in that it works better and better the more you use it as opposed to working less and less like some.Not only do the energizers work continuously with no tolerance problems but unlike most the muscle building ingredient are dosed correctly so you see more and more of those benefits with time as gaspari points out all these others don't have that benefit AT ALL because they all have well below the minimal effective dose of the muscle building agents so once the stim tolerance kicks in you are left with nothing.It takes a good 10-14 days for the carnosine levels to achieve an effective level so you just wait volcom meso hasn't even begun to perform for you to it's potential.:party:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is 4100mg of beta alanine in 1 serving of mesomorph.We feel that is the min amount needed to achieve the necessary carnosine production and intracellular saturation.this is one of the reasons mesomorph is so different from many other in that it works better and better the more you use it as opposed to working less and less like some.Not only do the energizers work continuously with no tolerance problems but unlike most the muscle building ingredient are dosed correctly so you see more and more of those benefits with time as gaspari points out all these others don't have that benefit AT ALL because they all have well below the minimal effective dose of the muscle building agents so once the stim tolerance kicks in you are left with nothing.It takes a good 10-14 days for the carnosine levels to achieve an effective level so you just wait volcom meso hasn't even begun to perform for you to it's potential.:party:
Oh wow, that would CLEARLY explain the amount of parasthesia I get from 1 serving of Mesomorph and that's pretty amazing. I've never taken more then 1-2g of BA in one setting, which would explain the extraordinarily lack of burn I felt the other day; the greatest lack of sense of H+/lactic build up ever, in spite of the aggressive & excessive super-setting.

Thanks for shedding light on this matter. It adds to the relevant content when referring a supplement. It's even better when you can point to the significance of the dose quantity, as oppose to a general ingredient

APS NUTRITION

Awards
Oh wow, that would CLEARLY explain the amount of parasthesia I get from 1 serving of Mesomorph and that's pretty amazing. I've never taken more then 1-2g of BA in one setting, which would explain the extraordinarily lack of burn I felt the other day; the greatest lack of sense of H+/lactic build up ever, in spite of the aggressive & excessive super-setting.

Thanks for shedding light on this matter. It adds to the relevant content when referring a supplement. It's even better when you can point to the significance of the dose quantity, as oppose to a general ingredient
Yeah mesomorph is a true preworkout formula for those serious about working out.Athletes like yourself who lift hard and heavy will benefit from and appreciate what it has to offer as most of these ingredients deal with recouperation,toxin removal,assisting the muscle perform to it's maximum potential under supraphysical demand and stress etc.Not so much for the "social lifter"who goes in on Fridays so he has a good pump while at happy hour (and we all have one friend like that).although he will appreciate the nice energy kick from it.Nice log going on here,really interested to see how this combo influences your progress.will be along for the ride.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is exactly what i have experienced. by now i would be noticing diminishing effects from other pre-workouts i have used. the effects of mesomorph just keep increasing. i can honestly say mesomorph is the best pre-workout i have tried.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah mesomorph is a true preworkout formula for those serious about working out.Athletes like yourself who lift hard and heavy will benefit from and appreciate what it has to offer as most of these ingredients deal with recouperation,toxin removal,assisting the muscle perform to it's maximum potential under supraphysical demand and stress etc.Not so much for the "social lifter"who goes in on Fridays so he has a good pump while at happy hour (and we all have one friend like that).although he will appreciate the nice energy kick from it.Nice log going on here,really interested to see how this combo influences your progress.will be along for the ride.
That's good, motivational info and thanks for joining in. This combination fits in well to my current routine, high intensity with relatively high volume. I'll be looking forward to every workout and seeing how things progress.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is exactly what i have experienced. by now i would be noticing diminishing effects from other pre-workouts i have used. the effects of mesomorph just keep increasing. i can honestly say mesomorph is the best pre-workout i have tried.
Well, already I have felt a pronounced superiority in diminishing H+ build up from the Mesomorph and I'm hypothesizing there is also a strong synergy between the effects of the nitrates with the BA in improving my lactate threshold. My speculation seemed more solidified to myself at least, when it was disclosed how much BA there was per serving of mesomorph.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This officially makes Asians the majority as of right now, lol.

Post your math problems here.
42x8 /6 =x, & x + Y = -12 what is Y, and Y am I asking you?

Dang that alone makes me want to try out Mesomorphosis. Well that and the other feedback I have been hearing. Maybe when I recover from Christmas spending....

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
42x8 /6 =x, & x + Y = -12 what is Y, and Y am I asking you?

Dang that alone makes me want to try out Mesomorphosis. Well that and the other feedback I have been hearing. Maybe when I recover from Christmas spending....
Y = -68.

Meso is good stuff so far.

Also, in case anyone missed WEC's Anthony Pettis's Matrix kick

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5; Amazing

Today's Back workout, emphasis on thickness was one of thee best and most intense back workouts I've ever had, that didn't include Dead Lifts.

Re-introduction of Mesomorph.
Firstly, pronounced, pronounced difference in working out with Mesomorph, then without; not only sheer intensity-wise, but clear distinction in the lack of contraction inhibiting H+ build up from reps (via the Beta Alanine).

Secondly, I took my Mesomorph after eating some carbs to see if I could buffer some of the parasthesia, as I happen to be hyper-sensitive to parasthesia and I was surprised when I found out there was 4g of BA per serving and I didn't peel my skin off with a potato peeler. Ingesting carbs before the Mesomorph did help in blunting the peak intensity of the parasthesia, but not the duration. I'm 2.5 hours past my dose of meso and I still feel residual parasthesia, which doesn't happen with other pre-workouts. Usually all the parasthesia goes away after 30 min. You are certainly getting your moneys worth of BA in this product.

BACK WORKOUT

One Arm, Underhand Grip Db Rows
100lbs Db's x 10 reps
110lbs Db's x 10 reps
120lbs Db's x 10 reps
125lbs Db's x 10 reps
125lbs Db's x 10 reps

One Arm, T-Bar Rows [free weight barbell between the legs]
90lbs x 10 reps
135lbs x 10 reps
180lbs x 6 reps
180lbs x 6 reps

One Arm, Hammer High Rows
135lbs x 10 reps
180lbs x 10 reps
225lbs x 8 reps
270lbs x 6 reps

One Arm, Hammer Low Rows
135lbs x 10 reps
180lbs x 8 reps
225lbs x 6

The workout as far as weight is concerned doesn't seem so extraordinary, it was the weight x the pace. I was ready to throw up from the first set of one arm T-bars, but my partner and I just kept moving one after another, no BSing, not much talking, breathing too hard to hold a conversation really. I was gasping for air like I was doing HIT sprints on a field.

I don't know that I could have maintained this pace if it were not for the effects of the mesomorph. I would have been in residual muscle burn and having to slow my roll, but I didn't. Great workout once again.

Side Notes:

- No diminished stimulant effects.

- No intra-workout, tail-end workout or post workout crash. I'm still plenty energized.

- I can't really gauge whether the BA is improving my carnosine stores or not because no burn is no burn, perhaps the next time I hit something more vulnerable to burning like delts, I'll pay closer to attention when I extend into my super-sets or drop sets.

and for those of you who are hyper-sensitive to high dosages of BA, ingest some carbs prior to taking the Mesomorph and it helps to blunt the parasthesia.

I really wanted to finish off with some light deads to pre-hab my back, but the Db rows and T-bars

Last edited: