Volcom's Creatine Nitrate and Mesomorph Log

Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Hey guys, what do you think about a forum t-shirt? Check this one out...
    I'd wear it. My two favorite combination of colors, red and black.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Well I plan on getting some Creatine Nitrate to run with the Mesomorph.

Im not 100% sure I qualify to lift in natty competitions lol. I really do want to do some powerlift competitions though. Just sucks there r so few in GA.
    CN/Meso is the shizenski!

Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    I got 4 bottles Creatine Nitrate and I have 4 of freinds just bought bottles it is the [email protected]@##@@#!E dam!!!!! I love it! Very good..
    Nice. Glad to hear its working out. I just bought another bottle, too. I love this ish.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Olympic Snatch
    95lbs x 5 reps
    135lbs x 4 reps
    145lbs x 4 reps
    155lbs x 3 reps

Olympic Cleans
    135lbs x 5 reps
    155lbs x 5 reps
    185lbs x 3 reps
    205lbs x 3 reps PR by +2 reps
    225lbs x 3 reps PR Altogether!!!
    225lbs x 1 rep

Military Press
    135lbs x 10 reps
    155lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 10 reps PR + 2 reps
    205lbs x 6 reps

Hammer Shoulder Press
    180lbs x 10 reps
    200lbs x 10 reps
    230lbs x 6 reps

Machine, Behind The Neck Shoulder Press
    180lbs x 10 reps
    185lbs x 8 reps
    190lbs x 6 reps
    Nasty looking w/o. Awesome job
    •   

3. That is a crazy workout! Great job on the PR's!!!

Nice AM shirt packers!
    Core Nutritionals Representative

4. Quote Originally Posted by bludevil View Post
    Nasty looking w/o. Awesome job
    Thanks Bluedevil
    NSCA - CSCS

5. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    That is a crazy workout! Great job on the PR's!!!

Nice AM shirt packers!
    Thanks Judgment. Power PR's are a newer experience for me then strength PR's, so they're a little more exciting. Plus, with the Oly lifts, not only does your strength & power need to be on par, but you'll have to have executed the proper technique, so its never a guarantee that your previous PR is automatic then next time you try it. I get major performance anxiety on the Snatch and Cleans, because a lot of things need to click to make the move happen.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

6. Thanks guys I am going to see how much the site charges to do the shirt and post the info. I know I am going to get one. My wife and I actually designed it. I want to wear mine to the gym so more people can learn about the forums. If anyone else likes let me know and I will pm or link the site.

7. Candidate for a seat in congress!?! Wow had no idea he was so diverse.

8. just got word my creatine nitrate and meso will be at my door on Friday... woohoo... Saturdays leg session should be killer

9. Quote Originally Posted by bluerocket View Post
    just got word my creatine nitrate and meso will be at my door on Friday... woohoo... Saturdays leg session should be killer
    sweeeeeeeeeeet!Get ready for bigtime legs brotha!
  10. "Eagle Squats"

I attempted some leg pre-hab to get my lumbar ready and back into gear for real squatting, so I did some light legs and what I consider the biceps-back day. I basically do back twice a week, width focused on Wednesday and thickness focused on Fridays. However, before that, I did some legs and a move I sort of made up to acclimate my core for a deeper over-head squat in order to improve my Olympic Snatch.

The "Eagle Squat"
    I've never seen this move done, so I named it the "Eagle Squat" because one part of the movement reminds me of some Kung Fu Eagle Stance. Basically, it starts off as a wide grip back squat. I squat down to the point where I'm sitting full on ATG. While sitting at ATG, I do a quick power jerk and push the bar above my head into full lock out. At this point I'm in a full-on ATG, wide grip over-head squat, or basically, the seated Snatch position, where I then stand with the weight in the over-head squat, then let the weight back down onto my upper back. Rinse & repeat.

I gotta tell ya, this movement is TIRING!!! Jerking the bar from a seated ATG position takes a lot of upper velocity, generated from almost no ROM, this is a truly power/strength hybrid movement and its majorly taxing on the core stabilizing that jerk press from an ATG position, then standing.

Eagle Squats
    65lbs x 5 reps
    75lbs x 5 reps
    85lbs x 3 res
    95lbs x 3 reps
    95lbs x 2 reps
    95lbs x 1 rep

[I knew this would be hard to do, so I started light, but I did anticipate that I would go heavier then 95lbs, but not yet. I need to acclimate to this rather foreign, but effective exercise.

Front Squats [pre-hab weight]
    135lbs x 5 reps x 5 sets

Back
    [I ended up being stuck on the same hammer strength machine because every time I moved on to the next piece of equipment I needed, there was someone there, so I returned to the hammer. The first few weeks of the New Years Resolution crowd requires some improvising and working with what you got.]

Hammer Pull Downs
    180lbs x 15 reps
    230lbs x 10 reps
    250lbs x 10 reps
    260lbs x 7 reps
    260lbs x 6 reps

Hammer, Behind The Neck Pull Downs
    180lbs x 10 reps
    200lbs x 10 reps
    230lbs x 8 reps
    230lbs x 6 reps

Hammer, One Arm Pull Downs
    90lbs x 10 reps, each arm
    100lbs x 8 reps, each arm
    110lbs x 6 reps, each arm
    110lbs x 6 reps, each arm

Good workout. I slept like hell last night so I wasn't going to workout, but I knew I wanted to start pre-habbing my squats so I took the Mesomorph and Bam. I was good to go.

I'll hit back more seriously on Friday. I get more of an arm pump on the vertical resistance movements, so I quasi-consider this my biceps day as well, whereas, the horizontal resistance back movements like rows, don't pump my bi's and I hit heavier and more intense on thick days.
    NSCA - CSCS

11. Quote Originally Posted by more knowledge View Post
    Candidate for a seat in congress!?! Wow had no idea he was so diverse.
    Yup, he was a hardcore Republican candidate. He's a jack of all trades, even illegal/shady ones, which ironically makes him perfect for politics.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerocket View Post
    just got word my creatine nitrate and meso will be at my door on Friday... woohoo... Saturdays leg session should be killer
    For sure, you'll feel the difference in intensity, drive and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by more knowledge View Post
    sweeeeeeeeeeet!Get ready for bigtime legs brotha!
    Yup
    NSCA - CSCS

12. Another killer workout!

Ya those O-lifts look very technical, once my back/core is strengthend up I want to give some O-lifts a try.
    Core Nutritionals Representative

13. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Another killer workout!

Ya those O-lifts look very technical, once my back/core is strengthend up I want to give some O-lifts a try.
    Once you get back to doing BJJ again, you'll benefit greatly from them.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. My new O-lifting Shoes just came in!!!

My new O-lifting shoes just came in! My original O-shoes were VS Shoes, or the most basic of starter Olympic shoes. These are my new Pendlay’s DO WIN Shoes with a greater (wood) heel raise then my previous VS’s. My original VS were a cool black & white and these are as you can see, more bowling shoe’ish. I could have gone with a cooler, quiter black & white, but I was in the mood for something loud when I purchased it, so here they are. That’s alright, I have a pair of red Adidas workout pants to go with them.

I don’t O-lift with the fellas until next Tuesday, but I may go for some video max Cleans this Sunday to break them in.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    NSCA - CSCS

15. and in case no one knew, like I didn't. FLEX is killing the O-lifts in his log, too. He CLEANS more then I do!!! ("at the moment," don't get it twisted, j/k).

I encourage any form of O-lifting by a "bodybuilding" brethren.
    NSCA - CSCS

16. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    and in case no one knew, like I didn't. FLEX is killing the O-lifts in his log, too. He CLEANS more then I do!!! ("at the moment," don't get it twisted, j/k).

I encourage any form of O-lifting by a "bodybuilding" brethren.
    EEEEYEAH BOI!

I think 245 is in store!! Ya know, its the only exercise that builds my traps/back/shoulders and I feel it the next day...Having all 3 sore at the same, I know I did my part.

17. Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    EEEEYEAH BOI!

I think 245 is in store!! Ya know, its the only exercise that builds my traps/back/shoulders and I feel it the next day...Having all 3 sore at the same, I know I did my part.
    You the mayne, Flex.
    NSCA - CSCS

18. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    You the mayne, Flex.
    No sir, I'm just another speck of sand at the beach...
  19. Pre-Hab Day

Today was a mix of back Pre-Habbing and a legitimate workout. I'm actually pretty stoked about how "pre-habbing" went. I haven't been able to do bent over BB rows for like 5-6 YEARS!!! Due to my lumbar, but I gave it another shot after my pre-hab deads and bam. As long as I do a thorough warm up and progress slow as hell, I'll be back to old form in due time.

My pre-hab included trying Sumo Deads, rather then Traditional to see how it differed on taxing my lumbar. Truth be told, it didn't feel that much better and I felt like a bitch on them. Either way, deads pre-hab and pre-hab BB rows were today, but I did ultimately end up squeezing out a real workout.

Pre-Hab Sumo Dead Lifts; Super-Set to Rear Shrugs
    225lbs x 5 reps; 315lbs x 10 reps
    245lbs x 5 reps; 355lbs x 10 reps
    245lbs x 5 reps; 375lbs x 10 reps

At this point I said to hell with the Sumo's and went traditional.

Pre-hab Romanian Dead Lifts; Super-Set to Rear Shrugs
    245lbs x 5 reps; 395lbs x 10 reps
    245lbs x 5 reps; 405lbs x 8 reps

Pre-Hab BB Rows
    185lbs x 10 reps
    205lbs x 10 reps
    225lbs x 10 reps
    245lbs x 10 reps
    265lbs x 10 reps

One Arm, T-Rows
    90lbs x 10 reps, each arm
    135lbs x 10 reps, each arm
    145lbs x 8 reps, each arm
    165lbs x 8 reps, each arm
    175lbs x 8 reps, each arm

Hammer Lat Pull Downs [intermission to give the lumbar a break]
    180lbs x 10 reps
    230lbs x 10 reps
    280lbs x 8 reps
    300lbs x 6 reps

Cable Rows
    100lbs x 10 reps
    120lbs x 10 reps
    140lbs x 10 reps
    160lbs x 8 reps

Nothing too impressive weight-wise today, which is cool, I'm looking at the bigger picture and if I can start doing BB rows again, then today was a milestone. My favorite openers back in the day was Deads, BB rows, T-Rows, then whatever else.... I'd like to get back to that type of a back day again.

I wasn't really able to push the limits of the CN/Meso today, but big picture-wise, today was a great success for me.
    NSCA - CSCS

20. Side Note: I gave one of my workout partners my previous O-lifting shoes. He's only 27 with 3 kids and a family man like that doesn't get to spend money on luxuries like O-lifting shoes, so I was stoked mine fit him, he was pretty stoked, too
    NSCA - CSCS

21. The "Eagle Squat"
    I've never seen this move done, so I named it the "Eagle Squat" because one part of the movement reminds me of some Kung Fu Eagle Stance. Basically, it starts off as a wide grip back squat. I squat down to the point where I'm sitting full on ATG. While sitting at ATG, I do a quick power jerk and push the bar above my head into full lock out. At this point I'm in a full-on ATG, wide grip over-head squat, or basically, the seated Snatch position, where I then stand with the weight in the over-head squat, then let the weight back down onto my upper back. Rinse & repeat.

I love this i am going to add this to leg day

22. Dude that's awesome. I have two kids and work long hours. I was very happy to get chosen for aps log. The christmas money I spent on the stack I wanted to do and that's about the only time Daddy gets to spend money. Even if I don't have much ill give to help a buddy out. If you take care of your friends they will do same for you!

23. Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    The "Eagle Squat"

I love this i am going to add this to leg day
    Sweet, let me know if you need any more clarity on how to do it or what weight to start with as a feeler.

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Dude that's awesome. I have two kids and work long hours. I was very happy to get chosen for aps log. The christmas money I spent on the stack I wanted to do and that's about the only time Daddy gets to spend money. Even if I don't have much ill give to help a buddy out. If you take care of your friends they will do same for you!
    Yeah, my friends a good family guy. I'd like someone to do the same for me if I were in his position. Being that we don't have kids yet, we can still afford some of the misc luxuries, so spread the love when you can.
    NSCA - CSCS

24. I wanted to film some Clean PR's this Sunday, but considering Friday was the first time I'd test my lumbar in the BB rows, I didn't want to push it. Next Sunday may be my last chance to max out on cleans for this log, because my Creatine Nitrate is running low, although my Mesomorph looks to be only half empty. Great deal on the longevity of the Mesomorph (and I'm glad I purchased another tub). I hope my Creatine Nitrate lasts until next Sunday, but I get the feeling this will be the last week for the CN, we'll see...
    NSCA - CSCS

25. Creatine Nitrate was way lower then I thought. I'll probably be out within a few days, but I've still got a good half-tub of Mesomorph left.
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. APS Mesomorph + Creatine Nitrate
    By swaneon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 11:34 PM
  2. ETA on APS mesomorph & creatine nitrate?
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 03:52 PM