Southpaw gets struck by Lightening (APS' White Lightening Fat Burner Log/Review)

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've reviewed quite a few stims in prior logs, some of which can be viewed here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/163797-southpaw-strikes-back.html. Which is why I'm especially excited to log APS' White Lightening. I obviously love my stims, especially when used as a precardio aid. I normally run 5-6 days a week fasted first thing in the morning. I'm going to put White Lightening through the ringer, testing it as a fatburner/precardio aid. I'll be sipping BCAA 4:1:1 throughout my running sessions, which will last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half, beginning first thing tomorrow morning. If you love stims, you'll definitely want to follow this log.

APS White Lightening (Serving Size 1 Cap) servings per bottle 60
Prop blend: caffeine, GERANABURN (geranium oil extract), naringin and coleus forskohlii.

I'd like to thank the entire team over at APS for allowing me the opportunity to log White Lightening. As many on this board know, APS Mesomorph is hands down my favorite PWO on the market. I've seen gains with that one product, in comparison to any other product in the same category. If White Lightening is half as effective as Mesomorph, then I'm prepared for some intense cardio sessions and fantastic results.

Attachments

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've reviewed quite a few stims in prior logs, some of which can be viewed here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/163797-southpaw-strikes-back.html. Which is why I'm especially excited to log APS' White Lightening. I obviously love my stims, especially when used as a precardio aid. I normally run 5-6 days a week fasted first thing in the morning. I'm going to put White Lightening through the ringer, testing it as a fatburner/precardio aid. I'll be sipping BCAA 4:1:1 throughout my running sessions, which will last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half, beginning first thing tomorrow morning. If you love stims, you'll definitely want to follow this log.

APS White Lightening (Serving Size 1 Cap) servings per bottle 60
Prop blend: caffeine, GERANABURN (geranium oil extract), naringin and coleus forskohlii.

I'd like to thank the entire team over at APS for allowing me the opportunity to log White Lightening. As many on this board know, APS Mesomorph is hands down my favorite PWO on the market. I've seen gains with that one product, in comparison to any other product in the same category. If White Lightening is half as effective as Mesomorph, then I'm prepared for some intense cardio sessions and fantastic results.
Rockin out some White Lightning :D, looking forward to your log :cheers:

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1: Fasted cardio with White Lightening

I woke up and popped a white lightening cap, which took about 30 minutes to kick in, after that I was alert, energized and rearing to go. I ran along the beach and it seemed effortless, more of an in the zone type feeling. The weather has been cold as of late, but I was warm and sweating within the first 10 minutes. The energy is clean and no crash is evident. It's an in the zone and clear type of energy that lends itself to working out, or in my case fasted cardio. I look forward to the coming days, as I'm very impressed with White Lightening. I pushed myself hard today and had enough energy to continue.

TheMatzah

TheMatzah

Awards
Day 1: Fasted cardio with White Lightening

I woke up and popped a white lightening cap, which took about 30 minutes to kick in, after that I was alert, energized and rearing to go. I ran along the beach and it seemed effortless, more of an in the zone type feeling. The weather has been cold as of late, but I was warm and sweating within the first 10 minutes. The energy is clean and no crash is evident. It's an in the zone and clear type of energy that lends itself to working out, or in my case fasted cardio. I look forward to the coming days, as I'm very impressed with White Lightening. I pushed myself hard today and had enough energy to continue.
Nice! So no jitters or feeling like shiat..good stuff.

Do you always fast before cardio, or is this a new thing?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No jitters or crash to speak of. I took 1 pill around 6:30 am and was out the door by 7. I sip a BCAA complex 4:1:1 throughout my run. Fasted cardio is something I've been doing for the past year. I found that it helped me to better deal with my insulin resistance, and abating some of the symptoms.

TheMatzah

TheMatzah

Awards
No jitters or crash to speak of. I took 1 pill around 6:30 am and was out the door by 7. I sip a BCAA complex 4:1:1 throughout my run. Fasted cardio is something I've been doing for the past year. I found that it helped me to better deal with my insulin resistance, and abating some of the symptoms.
Ahhh, good stuff. I can't workout, do cardio or run, without eating something...my metabolism is crazy fast.. I get all hot, irritated when I'm not feeding the beast. :headache: :banghead:

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahhh, good stuff. I can't workout, do cardio or run, without eating something...my metabolism is crazy fast.. I get all hot, irritated when I'm not feeding the beast. :headache: :banghead:
Lol I hear you. I eat every 2-2.5 hours, however, fasted cardio has leaned me out substantially over the last year. I'll be competing in a 5 k sometime in late January, so cardio along with White Lightening should make things interesting.

TheMatzah

TheMatzah

Awards
Lol I hear you. I eat every 2-2.5 hours, however, fasted cardio has leaned me out substantially over the last year. I'll be competing in a 5 k sometime in late January, so cardio along with White Lightening should make things interesting.
:crazy: Defintely :crazy:

I'm curious to see how it goes

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rockin out some White Lightning :D, looking forward to your log :cheers:
Hey judge what's the maximum amount of caps that I can take for the day? Old label read 2 however new label states only 1 Cap per day?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey judge what's the maximum amount of caps that I can take for the day? Old label read 2 however new label states only 1 Cap per day?
You can take up to 2 caps a day still.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
subbed:damnit::lol:

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was another awesome cardio day. Woke up and popped one cap prior to running 5-6 miles (fasted). I could have pushed myself even further as I felt refreshed even towards the end of my run. I was sweating up a storm within 10 minutes, which is a great sign that my body heat was elevated, creating an effective fat-burning environment. I can't wait to see to the eventual results, especially 2 weeks in, when I notice the changes in body composition. Energy today was spectacular and felt happy throughout my run.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good! Damn being on a stim detox, following this log is making me crave some White Lightning.

more knowledge

Awards
  • Established
Looking good! Damn being on a stim detox, following this log is making me crave some White Lightning.
Too bad about to pop a white lightning sample right now and hit the gym!:lol:
Just teasing bro,i admire your determination.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So this morning was another fasted cardio session, utilizing the speed bag, jump rope and hitting the heavy bag. Sipping a 4:1:1 BCAA mix throughout. The session lasted a little over an hour and I felt great all the way through. Motivated, happy and above all had energy for days. The energy lasted close to 6 hours and it felt smooth and consistent, no crashes to report.

Tomorrow I'll be running 5-7 miles (fasted) and I'll be sure to update my progress.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
12/14/2010

Today I sparred for a total of 8 rounds, at 3 minutes per each round. Loving the energy I'm feeling from this product - it's smooth and consistent - without being overbearing and getting in the way. The focus is incredible and energy lasts for approximately 6 hours, again without crashing. This will definitely become a staple product in the future.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Way to push the Cardio!

Damn I miss sparring, can't wait untill my ankle is good again. Keep up the good work!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
8 rounds is a DAMNED good workout!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I remember when I use to struggle just to get past half a round lol.
sparring is tough stuff!!! we used to have a thing called smokers in the navy. you call someone out you have a beef with and go 3, 2 minute rounds in the hanger bay in front of ships crew. it was a fun way to spend friday nights out at sea.

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
:woohoo:subbed

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sparring is tough stuff!!! we used to have a thing called smokers in the navy. you call someone out you have a beef with and go 3, 2 minute rounds in the hanger bay in front of ships crew. it was a fun way to spend friday nights out at sea.
Lol sounds like a hell of a way to pass time. I learned boxing from my father. We moved to a pretty rough neighborhood early on in my childhood. Long story short my father felt the need to teach me how to defend myself, brought me to a boxing gym and I fell in love.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol sounds a hell of a way to pass time. I learned boxing from my father. We moved to a pretty rough neighborhood early on in my childhood. Long story short my father felt the need to teach me how to defend myself, brought me to a boxing and I fell in love.
too bad he didn't teach you to pitch, lol.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol he did...I just preferred to punch things.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol he did...I just preferred to punch things.
me too, lol. but lefty pitchers are in high demand, lol.

sounds like you have a great dad-tell him thanks-it means a lot to us dads to hear that. i never tire of hearing it!!!!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
me too, lol. but lefty pitchers are in high demand, lol.

sounds like you have a great dad-tell him thanks-it means a lot to us dads to hear that. i never tire of hearing it!!!!
I agree. I tell my father everyday that he's the greatest man/best friend that a son can have.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I tell my father everyday that he's the greatest man/best friend that a son can have.
THEN YOU BOTH ARE VERY FORTUNATE.

:hammer:

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
12/15/2010 - 12/16/2010

Combining the last 2 days , since I've been super busy at work and tomorrow is my company Christmas party (someone please punch me in the face), anywhoo two fasted cardio sessions upon waking. W. Lightening takes about 30 minutes to get going and boy do you get going. I can't say enough about the energy component, it's the smoothest of all stim products that I've tried so far. The feeling is focused and happy (not sure what to attribute that to). I ran 5 miles yesterday and walked on the highest level incline on treadmill today (45 minutes). Both days have been exceptional, as getting through cardio is always a chore, but on W.Lightening it feels different, much more enjoyable and I'm sweating up a storm within the first 10 minutes. I'm loving this product so far.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/15/2010 - 12/16/2010

Combining the last 2 days , since I've been super busy at work and tomorrow is my company Christmas party (someone please punch me in the face), anywhoo two fasted cardio sessions upon waking. W. Lightening takes about 30 minutes to get going and boy do you get going. I can't say enough about the energy component, it's the smoothest of all stim products that I've tried so far. The feeling is focused and happy (not sure what to attribute that to). I ran 5 miles yesterday and walked on the highest level incline on treadmill today (45 minutes). Both days have been exceptional, as getting through cardio is always a chore, but on W.Lightening it feels different, much more enjoyable and I'm sweating up a storm within the first 10 minutes. I'm loving this product so far.
It sounds like White Lightning is your kinda stm:D

It really is great stuff, an amazing energizer with fat burning power!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It sounds like White Lightning is your kinda stm:D

It really is great stuff, an amazing energizer with fat burning power!
So far so good judge. Is this the strongest stim in the lineup?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far so good judge. Is this the strongest stim in the lineup?
O No, Yellow Thunder takes that one!

With the choice of Phenadrine, White Lightning and Yellow Thunder, it really gives everyone a choice of stim, most likely everyone will like at least one, they are very different. I find Phenadrine is a real nice feel good stim, very clean energy, great pre-workout boost, whiile White Lightning has a bit stronger of a boost with fat burning effects and Yellow Thunder is for our heavy stim lovers, it gives amazing fat burning effects like no other fat burner I've used, as it also contains an Ephedra extract...you can feel it! The ingredient profile shows how crazy of a fat burner this thing is lol

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

With the choice of Phenadrine, White Lightning and Yellow Thunder, it really gives everyone a choice of stim, most likely everyone will like at least one, they are very different. I find Phenadrine is a real nice feel good stim, very clean energy, great pre-workout boost, whiile White Lightning has a bit stronger of a boost with fat burning effects and Yellow Thunder is for our heavy stim lovers, it gives amazing fat burning effects like no other fat burner I've used, as it also contains an Ephedra extract...you can feel it! The ingredient profile shows how crazy of a fat burner this thing is lol
Dammit now I have to try yellow thunder precardio lol. How long does the energy last from yellow thunder? Any type of crash from the product? How many caps of yellow thunder precardio?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dammit now I have to try yellow thunder precardio lol. How long does the energy last from yellow thunder? Any type of crash from the product? ow many caps of yellow thunder precardio?
Well it may work for you different, I myself prefer Phenadrine and White Lightning, I found Yellow Thunder was too strong for me, but holy hell did it make me sweat and really felt like I was melting fat off with this one lol. It also didn't make me feel sick, for some reason most fat burners make me feel like ****. If your looking for losing bodyfat Yellow Thunder is the way to go, if your looking to increase performance output and burn a little fat at the same time, stick with White Lightning or Phenadrine.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well it may work for you different, I myself prefer Phenadrine and White Lightning, I found Yellow Thunder was too strong for me, but holy hell did it make me sweat and really felt like I was melting fat off with this one lol. It also didn't make me feel sick, for some reason most fat burners make me feel like ****. If your looking for losing bodyfat Yellow Thunder is the way to go, if your looking to increase performance output and burn a little fat at the same time, stick with White Lightning or Phenadrine.
Sounds good. I'll try 1 yellow thunder cap tomorrow before cardio, since I have some samples. How long does the energy component last for? White Lightening usually lasts around 6 hours for me.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good. I'll try 1 yellow thunder cap tomorrow before cardio, since I have some samples. How long does the energy component last for? White Lightening usually lasts around 6 hours for me.
Not as long as White Lightning, but I'd say about 4 hours, maybe longer for others, when I was done my workout I definitely felt it still.

It sure hits a lot stronger tho lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

that's a very good evaluation. i would love to see what 1 yellow thunder and 2 phenadrine would be like. seperately they were very good but together they could potentially be GREAT!!!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that's a very good evaluation. i would love to see what 1 yellow thunder and 2 phenadrine would be like. seperately they were very good but together they could potentially be GREAT!!!
Well I have samples of both, should I mix and match or would I be asking for trouble? How is yellow thunder treating you BigT? I took Phenadrine and it didn't feel as strong as White Lightening.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well I have samples of both, should I mix and match or would I be asking for trouble? How is yellow thunder treating you BigT? I took Phenadrine and it didn't feel as strong as White Lightening.
i just had samples, so i took them seperately. yellow thunder is definately stronger than white lightning or phenadrine.

i liked yellow thunder for the stim effect, but damn-the phenadrine had such a great mood effect. that is why i want to try them together-BUT my tolerance for stims is very high-if you wanted to try this it might be a good idea to try just 1 phenadrine with 1 yellow thunder. or try 2 phenadrine with a white lightning, if you think you can handle it.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i just had samples, so i took them seperately. yellow thunder is definately stronger than white lightning or phenadrine.

i liked yellow thunder for the stim effect, but damn-the phenadrine had such a great mood effect. that is why i want to try them together-BUT my tolerance for stims is very high-if you wanted to try this it might be a good idea to try just 1 phenadrine with 1 yellow thunder. or try 2 phenadrine with a white lightning, if you think you can handle it.
I like to go big or go home, so I may just do that lol. Did you notice any type of crash off yellow thunder?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like to go big or go home, so I may just do that lol. Did you notice any type of crash off yellow thunder?
nope. i tell ya-the feel good effect of phenedrine is awesome, i really wish i had tried it with a yellow thunder.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well Yellow Thunder has 250mg of Caffeine, I wouldn't advise anyone to stack that much caffeine on top of Phenadrine lol, bigt is not the average person.

I take a lot of caffeine, went up to a scoop and a half of Mesomorph and I found Yellow Thunder gave me more of a caffeine rush.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well Yellow Thunder has 250mg of Caffeine, I wouldn't advise anyone to stack that much caffeine on top of Phenadrine lol, bigt is not the average person.

I take a lot of caffeine, went up to a scoop and a half of Mesomorph and I found Yellow Thunder gave me more of a caffeine rush.
i will be the 1st to agree with that-my tolerance is VERY high. but i still think the effects of yellow thunder combined with phenadrine would be very nice-for me anyways, lol.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it would stop my heart lol

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 minor detail-i have 45 pounds on you, lol.
You pulled the weight card! I consume 3,500 calories a day and still can't put on a lot of size. I just lean out. I attribute some of that to playing basketball, boxing, running or whatever else I get myself involved in. That and I spend a lot of time online...researching hot women.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You pulled the weight card! I consume 3,500 calories a day and still can't put on a lot of size. I just lean out. I attribute some of that to playing basketball, boxing, running or whatever else I get myself involved in. That and I spend a lot of time online...researching hot women.
My weight is crazy, I go up and down a lot, April 170, july 208, aug 185, nov 165 and now 178 lol

I was about 4500cals when I hit 208, my last week of cutting i was at 600 cals to get down to 165 and right now I'm about 2800 at 178. I want to get around 185-190ish on this upcoming stack and then compete in some mma fights and grappling tournys at 170.

But if I'm 208 or 165 I don't feel like caffeine has any different effect if I'm lighter or heavier.