Getting Alpha with Omega's Flashover

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks go to Matt(aka Custom) for giving me the opportunity to log this. I have had this pre-workout on my to try list for awhile now. Kudos to Omega for being another company that puts it all there in black and white exactly what amounts of each compound you are taking.

FlashOver Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings per Container: 45

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Creatine Monohydrate 1,667 mg **
Glycine* 1,667 mg **
N-Acetyl Tyrosine 667 mg **
Beta-Alanine 533 mg **
Beta- Phenethylamine HCL 167 mg **
L-Norvaline 100 mg **
Caffeine 100 mg **
1,3-dimethylamylamine 27 mg

The scoop size is 7.5cc and I took 2 scoops for my workout today. Here are my first impressions:

Taste: Meh...it is a Fiery Fruit Punch flavor that is ok but a bit chemical in taste.
Mixability: I used about 12oz of water and stirred it with a spoon. No problem here but there will be a fine grit at the bottom of the glass at the end.
Stim Effect: This will not give you that "Throw heavy weight around" feeling but the energy and mental focus were definitely heightened. I did legs today and had no problem pushing out a solid workout.
Pump: This was an area where I think the Flash came on strong. This wasn't a skin pump but a deep muscle sort of painful pump. I haven't felt one like this and I liked what I felt. Can't wait to see if this effect is cummulative!!
Endurance: I felt that Flash shined here as well. I did alot of dropsets today and was able to really push myself pretty far.

So far I am liking what is happening and looking forward to more results. One thing I didn't notice was any BA tingle. My tolerance might be high here so the 1.66g dose might be low for me. I've taken 5g pre and post before...

Chest/Shoulders on Wednesday!!:popcorn:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. It only gets better as the glycine builds up. My posterior arm from the bottom of the elbow to the rear delt was completely pumped.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't wait! Do you agree that the pump seems deeper within the muscle?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff for sure!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The scoop size is 7.5cc and I took 2 scoops for my workout today. Here are my first impressions:

Taste: Meh...it is a Fiery Fruit Punch flavor that is ok but a bit chemical in taste. I agree there taste tastes like chemicals
Mixability: I used about 12oz of water and stirred it with a spoon. No problem here but there will be a fine grit at the bottom of the glass at the end. I just scooped it in my mouth, due to taste
Stim Effect: This will not give you that "Throw heavy weight around" feeling but the energy and mental focus were definitely heightened. I did legs today and had no problem pushing out a solid workout. That is right on par with my log when I took 3 scoops on leg and back and 1-2.5 for other workouts the feeling was awesome
Pump: This was an area where I think the Flash came on strong. This wasn't a skin pump but a deep muscle sort of painful pump. I haven't felt one like this and I liked what I felt. Can't wait to see if this effect is cummulative!!
Endurance: I felt that Flash shined here as well. I did alot of dropsets today and was able to really push myself pretty far.
I did not feel to much of a pump other than the glycerin but it was very mild. I think they under dosed it? Not sure what the proper dose for that is to get a pumped feeling
QUOTE]

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I felt a difference and it was only my first use. I do need to ask Matt about the dose size since I assume that the amounts on the jug were for the larger scoop and not the smaller recommended scoop.

Hookset

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for this

Been looking for a pre-workout that's not over stimmed but has good pumps

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
always in for a az log.:sly:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got a nice chest/shoulder workout in today. I dosed the FlashO at 3 scoops today. I shot a PM to the rep to see how the smaller scoop relates to the dose amounts on the jug. The jug came with an 11cc scoop inside but had a 7.5cc scoop on the outside with the recommendation to use it instead. I am assuming that the dose amounts were configured for the 11cc scoop but I need clarification.

Anyway, I felt a nice bump in energy but still not where I am used to. The scoop must be a lower dose because that would have had me at 300mg of caffeine/81mg of 1,3 dime!! I think that would have me rocking. The energy and endurance were great for the entire duration. The pump was awesome once again. My pecs felt like they wanted to tear away from my sternum. This is such a deep muscle pump like nothing I have felt before. I also notice that my mouth gets very dry during my wokout and I really suck down the water. I have been pissing like a racehorse since. Liking what I feel so far guys. :booty:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Got a nice chest/shoulder workout in today. I dosed the FlashO at 3 scoops today. I shot a PM to the rep to see how the smaller scoop relates to the dose amounts on the jug. The jug came with an 11cc scoop inside but had a 7.5cc scoop on the outside with the recommendation to use it instead. I am assuming that the dose amounts were configured for the 11cc scoop but I need clarification.

Anyway, I felt a nice bump in energy but still not where I am used to. The scoop must be a lower dose because that would have had me at 300mg of caffeine/81mg of 1,3 dime!! I think that would have me rocking. The energy and endurance were great for the entire duration. The pump was awesome once again. My pecs felt like they wanted to tear away from my sternum. This is such a deep muscle pump like nothing I have felt before. I also notice that my mouth gets very dry during my wokout and I really suck down the water. I have been pissing like a racehorse since. Liking what I feel so far guys. :booty:
hope you get the dosing figured out. sounds like it is treating you well.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look at my log. I too was drinking massive amounts of water.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I found out that the scoop I am using is not what the jug doses were configured for. I estimate it to be about 3/4 the amounts listed. The directions say not to go over 3 scoops of the 11cc size in a day. That equates to 4 scoops of the 7.5cc size. I am using 3 scoops right now and happy with my results. Still nothing in the line of BA tingles but my energy and focus are there. The pumps hurt so good. My triceps had a deep ache after today's trashing! Followed that up with a full back assault and my whole upper body just felt like a brick. Man I hope this continues to build up. The only negative side so far has been gas!! I'm talking the rib shaking sort. I think my body is adapting to the supplement though because today it wasn't as bad. We will see how this plays out next week. Have a good weekend guys!:439:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I found out that the scoop I am using is not what the jug doses were configured for. I estimate it to be about 3/4 the amounts listed. The directions say not to go over 3 scoops of the 11cc size in a day. That equates to 4 scoops of the 7.5cc size. I am using 3 scoops right now and happy with my results. Still nothing in the line of BA tingles but my energy and focus are there. The pumps hurt so good. My triceps had a deep ache after today's trashing! Followed that up with a full back assault and my whole upper body just felt like a brick. Man I hope this continues to build up. The only negative side so far has been gas!! I'm talking the rib shaking sort. I think my body is adapting to the supplement though because today it wasn't as bad. We will see how this plays out next week. Have a good weekend guys!:439:
Did you get this info from Matt? I thought the 7.5cc scoop was for the current formula since the sticker on the container said to not use the one inside and to use the one attached.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes it came from Matt.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got confirmation that the smaller scoop delivers the amounts listed on the jug. I am surprised at this because of my use of 3 scoops and not feeling cranked up by the amount of caff/1,3 Dime that would be. Oh well, moving on...

Yesterday I dosed FO at 1.5 scoops. That would be about 2 cups worth of coffee. Then you need to factor in the 1,3 Dime. This doesn't have you fired up but it definitely brings on a nice alertness and focus to get things done. I just keep going and going without any letdown for the entire workout. I usually train DC style but while using FO I have incorporated more of a dropset/high rep routine. The pumps are downright painful. I do have to note that they don't last very long though. I did biceps/forearms and legs yesterday. By the time I started my calves the bicep pump had dissipated. It is still fun while there though. My endurance has improved as well while on FO. I am pushing past previous numbers with ease on the dropset routines. Also,my body has adapted to the ingredients and the gas has stopped...All good here!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did 2 scoops before my chest/shoulder day today. I alternate which muscle group comes first in the routine each week. Today was shoulders first. The 2 scoops had me alert and dialed in today. I did seated BB military in a heavy dropset style. I get to my working set weight and go to failure. Then I rest 1 minute and hit that weight again to failure and then 2 dropsets from there. Todays set looked like this: 200-9-5 155-10 95-15. The delts were burnt. I then did a flat DB bench DC set and finished the workout with some side/rear laterals and shrugs. Felt nice and full after this! Flashover is a great change from a stimmed out style of pre-workout. It lifts you up nicely and is able to give you the focus and endurance to carry you thru the entire routine. It also throws a solid pump in for a bonus! Me likey...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am going to finalize this log today. I think I have everything needed to judge what I think of Flashover. Here are the basics once again:

Glycine* 1,667 mg **
Beta-Alanine 533 mg **
L-Norvaline 100 mg **
Caffeine 100 mg **

Taste: Meh...it is a Fiery Fruit Punch flavor that is ok but a bit chemical in taste.
Mixability: I used about 12oz of water and stirred it with a spoon. No problem here but there will be a fine grit at the bottom of the glass at the end.
Stim Effect: This will not give you that "Throw heavy weight around" feeling but the energy and mental focus were definitely heightened. I did legs today and had no problem pushing out a solid workout.

I like this product but I think it's sort of in limbo as far as where it fits. It is not a pre-workout for the guys who want to bring hell in the gym but it still has enough stim to possibly put off someone trying to lower their stim intakes. I also think the creatine and BetaAlanine amounts are not sufficient enough to mater. The positives for me were the nice neuro focusing this brought and of course the great pumps and endurance effects. Flashover is good but it needs to be tweaked somewhat to find it's place among the myriad of pre-workouts available on the market! My .02 cents of course...

Thanks to Custom and Omega for letting me run Flashover and express my thoughts about it. AZ

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review!

I am going to finalize this log today. I think I have everything needed to judge what I think of Flashover. Here are the basics once again:

Glycine* 1,667 mg **
Beta-Alanine 533 mg **
L-Norvaline 100 mg **
Caffeine 100 mg **

I like this product but I think it's sort of in limbo as far as where it fits. It is not a pre-workout for the guys who want to bring hell in the gym but it still has enough stim to possibly put off someone trying to lower their stim intakes. I also think the creatine and BetaAlanine amounts are not sufficient enough to mater. The positives for me were the nice neuro focusing this brought and of course the great pumps and endurance effects. Flashover is good but it needs to be tweaked somewhat to find it's place among the myriad of pre-workouts available on the market! My .02 cents of course...

Thanks to Custom and Omega for letting me run Flashover and express my thoughts about it. AZ

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:wave: