Getting Alpha with Omega's Flashover - AnabolicMinds.com

Getting Alpha with Omega's Flashover

  1. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Getting Alpha with Omega's Flashover


    Thanks go to Matt(aka Custom) for giving me the opportunity to log this. I have had this pre-workout on my to try list for awhile now. Kudos to Omega for being another company that puts it all there in black and white exactly what amounts of each compound you are taking.

    FlashOver Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Scoop
    Servings per Container: 45

    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Creatine Monohydrate 1,667 mg **
    Glycine* 1,667 mg **
    N-Acetyl Tyrosine 667 mg **
    Beta-Alanine 533 mg **
    Beta- Phenethylamine HCL 167 mg **
    L-Norvaline 100 mg **
    Caffeine 100 mg **
    1,3-dimethylamylamine 27 mg

    The scoop size is 7.5cc and I took 2 scoops for my workout today. Here are my first impressions:

    Taste: Meh...it is a Fiery Fruit Punch flavor that is ok but a bit chemical in taste.
    Mixability: I used about 12oz of water and stirred it with a spoon. No problem here but there will be a fine grit at the bottom of the glass at the end.
    Stim Effect: This will not give you that "Throw heavy weight around" feeling but the energy and mental focus were definitely heightened. I did legs today and had no problem pushing out a solid workout.
    Pump: This was an area where I think the Flash came on strong. This wasn't a skin pump but a deep muscle sort of painful pump. I haven't felt one like this and I liked what I felt. Can't wait to see if this effect is cummulative!!
    Endurance: I felt that Flash shined here as well. I did alot of dropsets today and was able to really push myself pretty far.

    So far I am liking what is happening and looking forward to more results. One thing I didn't notice was any BA tingle. My tolerance might be high here so the 1.66g dose might be low for me. I've taken 5g pre and post before...

    Chest/Shoulders on Wednesday!!

  2. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,992
    Rep Power
    917960

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Subbed. It only gets better as the glycine builds up. My posterior arm from the bottom of the elbow to the rear delt was completely pumped.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Can't wait! Do you agree that the pump seems deeper within the muscle?
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,992
    Rep Power
    917960

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Can't wait! Do you agree that the pump seems deeper within the muscle?
    Somewhat. It's definitely a different type of pump since it is straight plasma volume.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Good stuff for sure!
  6. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,852
    Rep Power
    353388

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    [QUOTE=AZMIDLYF;2663754]
    The scoop size is 7.5cc and I took 2 scoops for my workout today. Here are my first impressions:

    Taste: Meh...it is a Fiery Fruit Punch flavor that is ok but a bit chemical in taste. I agree there taste tastes like chemicals
    Mixability: I used about 12oz of water and stirred it with a spoon. No problem here but there will be a fine grit at the bottom of the glass at the end. I just scooped it in my mouth, due to taste
    Stim Effect: This will not give you that "Throw heavy weight around" feeling but the energy and mental focus were definitely heightened. I did legs today and had no problem pushing out a solid workout. That is right on par with my log when I took 3 scoops on leg and back and 1-2.5 for other workouts the feeling was awesome
    Pump: This was an area where I think the Flash came on strong. This wasn't a skin pump but a deep muscle sort of painful pump. I haven't felt one like this and I liked what I felt. Can't wait to see if this effect is cummulative!!
    Endurance: I felt that Flash shined here as well. I did alot of dropsets today and was able to really push myself pretty far.
    I did not feel to much of a pump other than the glycerin but it was very mild. I think they under dosed it? Not sure what the proper dose for that is to get a pumped feeling
    QUOTE]
  7. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I felt a difference and it was only my first use. I do need to ask Matt about the dose size since I assume that the amounts on the jug were for the larger scoop and not the smaller recommended scoop.
  8. New Member
    Hookset's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    257

    Reputation

    Subbed for this

    Been looking for a pre-workout that's not over stimmed but has good pumps
  9. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,753
    Rep Power
    10751398

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    always in for a az log.
  10. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Got a nice chest/shoulder workout in today. I dosed the FlashO at 3 scoops today. I shot a PM to the rep to see how the smaller scoop relates to the dose amounts on the jug. The jug came with an 11cc scoop inside but had a 7.5cc scoop on the outside with the recommendation to use it instead. I am assuming that the dose amounts were configured for the 11cc scoop but I need clarification.

    Anyway, I felt a nice bump in energy but still not where I am used to. The scoop must be a lower dose because that would have had me at 300mg of caffeine/81mg of 1,3 dime!! I think that would have me rocking. The energy and endurance were great for the entire duration. The pump was awesome once again. My pecs felt like they wanted to tear away from my sternum. This is such a deep muscle pump like nothing I have felt before. I also notice that my mouth gets very dry during my wokout and I really suck down the water. I have been pissing like a racehorse since. Liking what I feel so far guys.
  11. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,753
    Rep Power
    10751398

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Got a nice chest/shoulder workout in today. I dosed the FlashO at 3 scoops today. I shot a PM to the rep to see how the smaller scoop relates to the dose amounts on the jug. The jug came with an 11cc scoop inside but had a 7.5cc scoop on the outside with the recommendation to use it instead. I am assuming that the dose amounts were configured for the 11cc scoop but I need clarification.

    Anyway, I felt a nice bump in energy but still not where I am used to. The scoop must be a lower dose because that would have had me at 300mg of caffeine/81mg of 1,3 dime!! I think that would have me rocking. The energy and endurance were great for the entire duration. The pump was awesome once again. My pecs felt like they wanted to tear away from my sternum. This is such a deep muscle pump like nothing I have felt before. I also notice that my mouth gets very dry during my wokout and I really suck down the water. I have been pissing like a racehorse since. Liking what I feel so far guys.
    hope you get the dosing figured out. sounds like it is treating you well.
  12. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,852
    Rep Power
    353388

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Look at my log. I too was drinking massive amounts of water.
  13. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Well I found out that the scoop I am using is not what the jug doses were configured for. I estimate it to be about 3/4 the amounts listed. The directions say not to go over 3 scoops of the 11cc size in a day. That equates to 4 scoops of the 7.5cc size. I am using 3 scoops right now and happy with my results. Still nothing in the line of BA tingles but my energy and focus are there. The pumps hurt so good. My triceps had a deep ache after today's trashing! Followed that up with a full back assault and my whole upper body just felt like a brick. Man I hope this continues to build up. The only negative side so far has been gas!! I'm talking the rib shaking sort. I think my body is adapting to the supplement though because today it wasn't as bad. We will see how this plays out next week. Have a good weekend guys!
  14. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,992
    Rep Power
    917960

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Well I found out that the scoop I am using is not what the jug doses were configured for. I estimate it to be about 3/4 the amounts listed. The directions say not to go over 3 scoops of the 11cc size in a day. That equates to 4 scoops of the 7.5cc size. I am using 3 scoops right now and happy with my results. Still nothing in the line of BA tingles but my energy and focus are there. The pumps hurt so good. My triceps had a deep ache after today's trashing! Followed that up with a full back assault and my whole upper body just felt like a brick. Man I hope this continues to build up. The only negative side so far has been gas!! I'm talking the rib shaking sort. I think my body is adapting to the supplement though because today it wasn't as bad. We will see how this plays out next week. Have a good weekend guys!
    Did you get this info from Matt? I thought the 7.5cc scoop was for the current formula since the sticker on the container said to not use the one inside and to use the one attached.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Yes it came from Matt.
  16. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Got confirmation that the smaller scoop delivers the amounts listed on the jug. I am surprised at this because of my use of 3 scoops and not feeling cranked up by the amount of caff/1,3 Dime that would be. Oh well, moving on...

    Yesterday I dosed FO at 1.5 scoops. That would be about 2 cups worth of coffee. Then you need to factor in the 1,3 Dime. This doesn't have you fired up but it definitely brings on a nice alertness and focus to get things done. I just keep going and going without any letdown for the entire workout. I usually train DC style but while using FO I have incorporated more of a dropset/high rep routine. The pumps are downright painful. I do have to note that they don't last very long though. I did biceps/forearms and legs yesterday. By the time I started my calves the bicep pump had dissipated. It is still fun while there though. My endurance has improved as well while on FO. I am pushing past previous numbers with ease on the dropset routines. Also,my body has adapted to the ingredients and the gas has stopped...All good here!
  17. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Did 2 scoops before my chest/shoulder day today. I alternate which muscle group comes first in the routine each week. Today was shoulders first. The 2 scoops had me alert and dialed in today. I did seated BB military in a heavy dropset style. I get to my working set weight and go to failure. Then I rest 1 minute and hit that weight again to failure and then 2 dropsets from there. Todays set looked like this: 200-9-5 155-10 95-15. The delts were burnt. I then did a flat DB bench DC set and finished the workout with some side/rear laterals and shrugs. Felt nice and full after this! Flashover is a great change from a stimmed out style of pre-workout. It lifts you up nicely and is able to give you the focus and endurance to carry you thru the entire routine. It also throws a solid pump in for a bonus! Me likey...
  18. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I am going to finalize this log today. I think I have everything needed to judge what I think of Flashover. Here are the basics once again:

    FlashOver Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Scoop
    Servings per Container: 45

    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Creatine Monohydrate 1,667 mg **
    Glycine* 1,667 mg **
    N-Acetyl Tyrosine 667 mg **
    Beta-Alanine 533 mg **
    Beta- Phenethylamine HCL 167 mg **
    L-Norvaline 100 mg **
    Caffeine 100 mg **
    1,3-dimethylamylamine 27 mg


    Taste: Meh...it is a Fiery Fruit Punch flavor that is ok but a bit chemical in taste.
    Mixability: I used about 12oz of water and stirred it with a spoon. No problem here but there will be a fine grit at the bottom of the glass at the end.
    Stim Effect: This will not give you that "Throw heavy weight around" feeling but the energy and mental focus were definitely heightened. I did legs today and had no problem pushing out a solid workout.
    Pump: This was an area where I think the Flash came on strong. This wasn't a skin pump but a deep muscle sort of painful pump. I haven't felt one like this and I liked what I felt. Can't wait to see if this effect is cummulative!!
    Endurance: I felt that Flash shined here as well. I did alot of dropsets today and was able to really push myself pretty far.

    I like this product but I think it's sort of in limbo as far as where it fits. It is not a pre-workout for the guys who want to bring hell in the gym but it still has enough stim to possibly put off someone trying to lower their stim intakes. I also think the creatine and BetaAlanine amounts are not sufficient enough to mater. The positives for me were the nice neuro focusing this brought and of course the great pumps and endurance effects. Flashover is good but it needs to be tweaked somewhat to find it's place among the myriad of pre-workouts available on the market! My .02 cents of course...

    Thanks to Custom and Omega for letting me run Flashover and express my thoughts about it. AZ
  19. Board Sponsor
    custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,971
    Rep Power
    13233

    Reputation

    Thanks for the review!


    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I am going to finalize this log today. I think I have everything needed to judge what I think of Flashover. Here are the basics once again:

    FlashOver Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Scoop
    Servings per Container: 45

    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Creatine Monohydrate 1,667 mg **
    Glycine* 1,667 mg **
    N-Acetyl Tyrosine 667 mg **
    Beta-Alanine 533 mg **
    Beta- Phenethylamine HCL 167 mg **
    L-Norvaline 100 mg **
    Caffeine 100 mg **
    1,3-dimethylamylamine 27 mg


    Taste: Meh...it is a Fiery Fruit Punch flavor that is ok but a bit chemical in taste.
    Mixability: I used about 12oz of water and stirred it with a spoon. No problem here but there will be a fine grit at the bottom of the glass at the end.
    Stim Effect: This will not give you that "Throw heavy weight around" feeling but the energy and mental focus were definitely heightened. I did legs today and had no problem pushing out a solid workout.
    Pump: This was an area where I think the Flash came on strong. This wasn't a skin pump but a deep muscle sort of painful pump. I haven't felt one like this and I liked what I felt. Can't wait to see if this effect is cummulative!!
    Endurance: I felt that Flash shined here as well. I did alot of dropsets today and was able to really push myself pretty far.

    I like this product but I think it's sort of in limbo as far as where it fits. It is not a pre-workout for the guys who want to bring hell in the gym but it still has enough stim to possibly put off someone trying to lower their stim intakes. I also think the creatine and BetaAlanine amounts are not sufficient enough to mater. The positives for me were the nice neuro focusing this brought and of course the great pumps and endurance effects. Flashover is good but it needs to be tweaked somewhat to find it's place among the myriad of pre-workouts available on the market! My .02 cents of course...

    Thanks to Custom and Omega for letting me run Flashover and express my thoughts about it. AZ
  20. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,704
    Rep Power
    4686929

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. From Alpha to Omega with AnaBeta.
    By fightbackhxc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 10:07 AM
  2. My flashover omega sports log
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 01:20 PM
  3. Now at Nutraplanet....Omega Sports Flashover!!!!
    By atjnutrition2 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 01:51 PM
  4. Omega Alpha Series
    By AE14 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 11:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in