Thermolife's PUMP-BOL: PUMPING up winter GAINS!!

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
:welcome:
[size=+2]Thanks![/size]
to KimJong-Il and the rest of Thermolife for letting me log PUMP-Bol over this winter break :D I’ve been following the threads on Thermolife and their products for a while and have been impressed with the testimonials and ‘hype’ that they get for being a respectable company; it’s exciting to have my first Thermolife product logged here on AnabolicMinds. It’ll also be logged on bb.com, MD, and Thermolife’s Forum.

Training history:
I’ve been doing martial arts training for 8+ years and was introduced to bodybuilding through Bruce Lee's book Art of Expressing the Human Body. After a couple of years in the Navy, I decided to start training for strength and bodybuilding. I’ve just recently started going heavier after mastering the techniques of the exercises.

I’m currently on a path of self-progression and trying hard to gain size! EATING EATING EATING and PUMPING PUMPING PUMPING!!

Pre-workout history
I've tried so many formulas it hurts my brain. Since before bodybuilding I was a stim-junkie and looved my caffeine. Fortunately its about training and eating SMARTER for me now. Scoring some Pump-Bol is awesome in that it's STIM-FREE and I can just add some bulk caffeine to my drink pre-workout :cool:

Diet
3500 kcalories, 100g. Fat, 200g. Protein, 300g. Carbs

Pre-Workout Diet
20g Protein, 2 Scoops of PUMP-BOL, 1 Cup Brown Rice

My Goals
Gaining some solid mass over the winter months, some fat too to keep me warm ;)
I'll start cutting around March to see if I'll be ready for a competition in May but for now I'm trying to MAXIMIZE my PUMPS for the most amount of gains possible!

Starting pics and initial review in the next post :)
My first workout was tonight and to really try to feel it the first time, I did forearms and Biceps at a high intensity. Also, I'll be doing Isometric exercises right after each workout to squeeze the PUMP even further!
:popcorn:

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
In for this ride bro!!!
Good to have you along man! So far I've hit biceps and forearms with the first dose and had to do a quickie at the gym this morning. (Only did three sets total but had a pump in my chest for the majority of the day, details to follow...)

I was just staring at the packaging for so long; the shiny allure of the packaging and promise of amazing pumps was putting me into a state of imaginative muscular-pump meditation :D lol I opened it up right away and filled my single serve capsule up with the P-Bol.

I gotta say even before the initial review, it's one of THE best tasting supps I've tried :)

I REALLY need to get 50 posts so I can put up the progress pics!

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I've been eyeballin this stuff. Looking forward to hearing your review.

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
I've been eyeballin this stuff. Looking forward to hearing your review.
Good to have you along too, my friend!
I just did an Isometric workout today in the sauna and DAAAAAYYYYYUUUUMMM I was pumped :)
I'm gettin closer to 50 posts lol

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
First Workout
I decided to do an intense forearms and bicep workout to really get a good feel on my first dose of Pump-Bol. I also included some static holds and isometric squeezes at the end of the workout

Initial Mixing/Taste
I filled my mixer cup up to about 14oz. of H2O, just a little more than the directions said, but still less than I normally use in order to get a full taste

2 scoops into the 14oz. mixed pretty well for being such a small amount of H2O, nice algae green color in the bottle The taste, oh the taste! I'm really happy with the flavor of Pump-Bol, which is a big factor to me now. Sure a few years ago it really didn't matter what the taste was as long as it did the job; nowadays it's the opposite: "Sure it works, but does it taste good?"

Pump-Bol's flavor reminded me of a concentrated serving of the original Tang. It's sweet/slightly sour ratio is perfectly addicting, easily a 9.9 out of 10! I slammed the rest of it about 25 minutes before my training session began.

Here's what the session looked like:
Pre-Workout Meal
1 Cup Brown Rice
2 Scoops Pump-Bol
200mg. of Caffeine

*The cadence to my lifting is about 2 seconds up and 3-5 seconds down to maximize the eccentric movement.

The Session Forearms and Biceps
Close-Grip Pullup- 15/12/12
EZ Reverse Curl- 55*8/7/8/8
Wrist Roller- 20* 2 Rotations up/2 Rotations down (3 sets)
Cable Curl+20lb. Dumbbell- 10/8/8/8
Wrist Roller- 20* 2 Rotations up/2 Rotations down (3 sets)
Dumbbell Hammer Curl- 20*10/8/8/8 DROP 15*20 DROP 10*15

My arms and forearms were definitely on fire after this session. It was pretty quick and done at home while waiting to move furniture with my Dad. I had a hard time lifting the couch and dresser later on in the night

The pump was pretty intense, about normal for the time and intensity I put into the workout. The next few sessions will really test the effect of the Pump-Bol on vascularity and muscle-pumps

The pumps came in pretty well today, the gym was ridiculously crowded and crawling with high-school kids which makes for a crappy workout!

I'm doing circuit training tomorrow afternoon and decided that I would just do abs/forearms/isometrics in the steam room and sauna tonight.
I took my 2 scoops of PUMP-BOL and squeezed the **** out of my isometric holds!!
I wish I could have brought my camera into the sauna cuz my forearms were literally EXPLODING and without using ANY weight!

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
On your hammer curls, you went up from 20 to 50lbs then dropped? Or was it 50, 20, 15?

This stuff sounds potent.

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
On your hammer curls, you went up from 20 to 50lbs then dropped? Or was it 50, 20, 15?

This stuff sounds potent.
Oh man I wish I had 50lb. Dumbbells at my house ;) sorry about that typo, it's fixed now.

I can slowly start to feel the P-Bol taking more effect in my body. As soon as I hit that 50 post mark I'll show you the crazy vascularity :D

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
Here's my routine I'll be doing during PUMP-BOL. I'm doing a 2on 1off schedule repeated.

Quads & Triceps
French Press Leg Extension
CG Bench Hack Press
Rope Pulldown Weighted Lunge

Hams & Biceps
Reverse Curl Seated Leg Curl
BB Curl Lying Leg Curl
Cable/Rope Curl Calf Raise Seated/Standing

Chest & Front/Side Delts
Iso-Lat Machine Press Front Raise
Smith Bench Press Side Raise
Cable Flyes DB Incline Press

Back & Rear Delts
Pullup Face Pull
Seated Row Lying High DB Row
T-Bar Row Reverse Pec-Deck

Got one of my final 4 Circuit Training classes today, though I'm saving the PUMP-BOL for a workout session afterwards

Having Circuit Training is awesome, I miss the bootcamp style of training, but I feel it's detrimental to my bulking! Gaining significant weight is very difficult for me already, so hopefully when school ends in a few weeks I'll be able to really take advantage of the extra calories

Lately I've been growling and screaming quite a bit; I started doing "vocals" for my friends' amazing metal band. They have quite a unique style and the only way I could really explain it would be Parkway Drive/Darkest Hour...
I was thinking that P-Bol would possibly help on jam session nights in opening up blood-vessels to my lungs, thus giving me more Brutal Power

Tonight will be a PUMP-BOL fueled Quad and Tricep session. Hopefully I'll really feel the effects of the P-Bol in my Quads!

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Oh man I wish I had 50lb. Dumbbells at my house ;) sorry about that typo, it's fixed now.

I can slowly start to feel the P-Bol taking more effect in my body. As soon as I hit that 50 post mark I'll show you the crazy vascularity :D
lol, walmart gift cards man!!! I buy one at a time, just got my second 45lb.
In the mean time, I have the adj. weight DB's.

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
lol, walmart gift cards man!!! I buy one at a time, just got my second 45lb.
In the mean time, I have the adj. weight DB's.
Haha do you ever shop around at garage sales in the spring?? Some people LOVE to get rid of their freeweights :D
I'll be saving up this winter for a whole new home gym for sure!

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
SESSION #2 W/ PUMP-BOL

Warmup
10 Minutes 15pt. Incline Treadmill + Stretching
Seated Calf Raise
45*20/20/ 70*15/15
Hack Press
70*10/10/10/10
French Press
60*12/10/10/8
Weighted Lunge
50*30 Steps for 3 Sets
Rope Pulldown Single-Arm
40*12 50*6 45*6 30*8 35*6
Close-Grip Pushups
15/15
DB Skull Crusher
20*10/10/10/10

I'm actually really looking forward to the taste of PumpBol throughout the day, pumps or not!

I'm hoping the pumps just get better. Did only 3 leg exercises including calves and cant get up or down from a seat without a bit of an old man struggle

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
in to see one of those wall jumping vids. dude you need to be a stuntman in the movies-serious!

nice log.

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
in to see one of those wall jumping vids. dude you need to be a stuntman in the movies-serious!

nice log.
Thanks bro :D
We did an appearance on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition whenever they came out to Albuquerque and did an episode! Lately though, I've put Parkour on hold in order to desperately gain some muscle!!

SESSION 3 with

[size=+2]PUMP-BOL[/size]

BACK+REAR DELTS
Got sacked today at the job, bros
Blessing in disguise, however, I'll be training people at a gym now
Still, I was pretty pissed off about the whole situation but had a pretty good home session today with back and rear delts.

I'm REALLY going to try and hit 100 pullups in my back workouts...

Pre-Workout
2 Scoops of PUMP-BOL in 20oz. Lemonade!! LOL Tart/Sour heaven
1 Cup Brown Rice

Back and Rear Delts

Red= Superset

Pullups
65 Total
Dumbbell Rows
20*10/12/12/15/20
Bent Over Barbell Row
55*10/12/12/12/20
Resistance Band Rear Delt Raises
15/15/20/20/15/15

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looks like your workout is geared towards pump with lots of reps, pump-bol should be really getting you pumped up-big time.

you are going to have to eat a ton to grow with high rep workouts, imo.

but damn-a 100 pull ups integrated in a workout is killer.

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
Here's the session from last night and my [size=+2]

6TH SESSION[/size]
with
[size=+2]PUMP-BOL[/size]

Hams and Biceps
Warmup

10 Minutes Bike level 8
Seated Leg Curl
55*20 70*25/25 90*20
Reverse Bicep Curl
40*12 50*10 60*6/6 70*5 MY ARMS WERE EXPLODING ALREADY
Lying Leg Curl

65*15 80*15/15/12 REST/PAUSE-10
Barbell Curl
36*12 55*12 65*6/5 My friend that works at the gym actually made me do an extra set in order to get a picture of my "crazy spider-vein arms" lol Now he knows what Pump-Bol is :cool:
Rope Curl
60*15 85*10 100*5 DROP 85/60/40/20*Failure
Calf Press
175*25 190*25/22/22 160*20

My calves felt freaking amazing after this workout and that last set. The soreness while on P-Bol so far has been intense but brief. I enjoyed some light soreness in my calves and hamstrings today and finally got to play a few hours of Kinect on my parent's XBOX, which took a toll not only on my sore legs, but on my ego as well :eek:

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Here's the session from last night and my [size=+2]

6TH SESSION[/size]
with
[size=+2]PUMP-BOL[/size]

Hams and Biceps
Warmup

10 Minutes Bike level 8
Seated Leg Curl
55*20 70*25/25 90*20
Reverse Bicep Curl
40*12 50*10 60*6/6 70*5 MY ARMS WERE EXPLODING ALREADY
Lying Leg Curl

65*15 80*15/15/12 REST/PAUSE-10
Barbell Curl
36*12 55*12 65*6/5 My friend that works at the gym actually made me do an extra set in order to get a picture of my "crazy spider-vein arms" lol Now he knows what Pump-Bol is :cool:
Rope Curl
60*15 85*10 100*5 DROP 85/60/40/20*Failure
Calf Press
175*25 190*25/22/22 160*20

My calves felt freaking amazing after this workout and that last set. The soreness while on P-Bol so far has been intense but brief. I enjoyed some light soreness in my calves and hamstrings today and finally got to play a few hours of Kinect on my parent's XBOX, which took a toll not only on my sore legs, but on my ego as well :eek:
Seams to be going well. What kind of pump duration are you getting?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bro is this having any effect on your endurance? either positive or negative? Most pump products tend to kill my endurance because the pump is too intense? (or maybe its the vasoconstriction from the stims in most)

Mr.50

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
Bro is this having any effect on your endurance? either positive or negative? Most pump products tend to kill my endurance because the pump is too intense? (or maybe its the vasoconstriction from the stims in most)

Mr.50
Honestly, the pump is GREAT but doesn't inhibit the workout, I know the feeling you mean, however.
P-BOL, for me, has increased endurance and the "desire" to be in the gym longer. Many times I've stayed afterwards to perform isometric exercises in the steam room or sauna because the "Pump" feeling hits that perfect sweet spot.

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
Yesterday's "OFF" day calorie count:
3136kcal 117g Fat 389g Carb 111g Protein

Here's today's

[size=+2]9TH SESSION

with

PUMP-BOL!!!
[/size]

QUADS & TRICEPS
Warmup

10 Minutes Treadmill 15pt. Incline
Squat
45*12 135*8 155*8 175*6/6/6
CG Bench
45*12 65*8 85*8 95*8 115*8/8
Leg Press
180*12/12/12/10 *****LEG EXPLOSION TIME*****
Tricep Bar Pulldown
85*12 100*10/8/6/6
Leg Extension
80*12 95*12 100*12/12

Yep got that "can barely walk" feeling in my Quads right now, almost ate it coming out of Chili's post-workout meal
The session felt VERY effective, I only had about half of a scoop of P-BOL left in a half-full water bottle and I noticed that the "PUMP" was waaaaay less than with my normal 2-scoop serving. I think I'm going to stick with this routine +Dips and Calf raises as finishers

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
:AR15firing:
[size=+2]10th & 11th Sessions

with

PUMP-BOL
[/size]

Both sessions were done at my friend's gym. It'd be nice to have a workout partner again; It REALLY sucks not being able to go AS heavy as possible due to lack of a spotter

Nice to know I gots me dat 2 scoopsa P-BOL

10th....CHEST & FRONT DELTS
Warmup
6 Minutes Treadmill 15pt. Incline
Barbell Bench
135*12 165*7/6/6 DROP 135*5
Front Raise
15*12 20*10 25*8/8 DROP 10*8
Iso-Lateral Incline Press
70*10 90*10/10/10 110*8
Incline(75 Degrees) Dumbbell Press
30*12 45*6/6/6 DROP 30*6
Dip
15/15/15/15
Machine Delt Raise
70*10 90*6/6/6 DROP 75*6 DROP 50*6

:slaphappy:

11th....BACK & REAR DELTS
Warmup
5 Minutes Treadmill 15pt. Incline
Lat Pulldown
Warmup-100*12/120*8 160*7/6 DROP 85*12
Deadlift
Warmup-95*8 135*8 185*4 205*2
Dumbbell Incline Row
20*12 40*10 50*10/10 DROP 20*10
One-Arm Machine Row
45*12 55*10 70*10 90*8 DROP 45*8 Rest-Pause*6
Rear Delt Flye
45*15 60*12 75*8 80*7 DROP 50*8
Machine Face-Pull

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
[size=+2]12th Session

with

PUMP-BOL[/size]
:shock:

CHEST and FRONT DELTS

Warmup
6 Min. Treadmill 15pt. Incline
Bench
95*15 135*10 165*7 175*6 REST/PAUSE*3 DROP 135*4
Front Raise
15*12 20*8 25*8/8/8 DROP 15*4
Isolateral Bench
70*10 130*10 140*10 160*10/10 DROP 70*12
Super-Incline Press
40*10 50*6/6/6 DROP 40*6
EDIT: 10 minutes of Isometric poses upon arrival @ home

Does anyone else feel really "high" after a workout with P-BOL??
:love:

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I'm in, as I looked this product over recently and REALLY am intrigued by it.

Also...... did you say Kim Jong Ill was the one to be thanked for your trial run of Thermolife!?

Reactions: ax1
Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
I'm in, as I looked this product over recently and REALLY am intrigued by it.

Also...... did you say Kim Jong Ill was the one to be thanked for your trial run of Thermolife!?
Lol yes all hail the Supreme Leader of Korea :D He's so ronry...
KJI is a Thermolife rep on these boards ;)

I'm out of P-Bol now :(

Reactions: ax1
Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
[size=+2]13th (Scheduled) Session
with

PUMP-BOL[/size]

NOTES:

With the best and worst of luck to balance each other out...
Good News: I finally found a job at a gym
Bad News: Viciously pulled/strained my lower back when stretching too deep Felt that lovely "pop" sensation and couldn't really walk for a week...

GASTROCNEMIUS & REAR DELTS

Warmup
10 Minutes 15pt. Incline Treadmill
Seated Calf Raise
45*20 80*15/12 90*12/12
Kettlebell Raise
15*12 20*8/8 25*6/6 DROP 10*6
Machine Lateral Raise
50*12 60*10 75*10 85*8 DROP 70*3 60*4 30*6 The pump was almost unbearable at this point
Seated Calf Raise
80*25/20/15/12/15 DROP 45*18
Rear Delt Flye-Seated One of my favorites for rear delts..Each set was performed individually on both sides.
40*12 45*10 55*10 65*10 70*8 DROP 55*8

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Lol yes all hail the Supreme Leader of Korea :D He's so ronry...
KJI is a Thermolife rep on these boards ;)

I'm out of P-Bol now :(
Haha, he sent me a PM and explained... now I understand everything. I didn't make the correlation of his screen name on other forums.

I just quickly saw you're out of Pump Bol? Would you mind please summarizing your experience with it in one paragraph for me? I understand if not, I can go back and read, thanks though :)

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
Haha, he sent me a PM and explained... now I understand everything. I didn't make the correlation of his screen name on other forums.

I just quickly saw you're out of Pump Bol? Would you mind please summarizing your experience with it in one paragraph for me? I understand if not, I can go back and read, thanks though :)
Yeah no problem, man. Though it's going to be 2 paragraphs if you don't mind ;) I'll post up the final review afterwards as well.

Pump-Bol, for me, was an entirely different pre-workout experience than any I have had in the past. Usually a company's formula relies mostly on stims like caffeine and 1,3 to tweak you out of your mind and make you really "feel" their product. I was very intrigued although slightly hesitant to try P-bol, considering it didn't fit into that general stim category. What sold me was the nitrates used to formulate P-Bol, and the links that the reps posted to different studies regarding nitrates. After reading up on nitrates and reviewing some other user's logs, a pre-workout pump product was no longer just an "energy drink" in my mind.

After the first few weeks with Pump-Bol, I stopped using caffeine along with it and eventually drastically cut down the stimulants in my normal diet. I even used P-Bol a few times before band practice, seeing that I would most likely get a ridiculous pump and possibly increase my lung capacity and oxygen output. What impressed me the most about P-bol was the level of pump it gives; more than what an intense workout alone could produce and still able to have the mobility and endurance to actually workout LONGER rather than shorter.

Ansatsuken

Ansatsuken

Awards
:afro:
[size=+2]Final Review

of

Pump-bol!!

[/size]

MIXABILITY

Very mixable with just a shaker bottle was very effective, and only a little sediment was left at the bottom of the bottle if you let it sit for more than a few minutes. As I stated in the 'Taste' section, the texture was neither grainy or too thick to handle with 2 scoops

TASTE
I'm extremely satisfied with the taste of P-Bol! Nothing chalky, grainy, or thick as far as texture goes and the sourness is JUST enough to handle. The aftertaste is neither tart nor bland and is probably one of my favorite flavors of supplements that I've ever tried. I'm sure adding stims to the formula would change the taste, however.
9.5/10

ENERGY/MOTIVATION
Thoug P-Bol is a non-stim product I still felt a "Surge" of energy and motivation before hitting the gym or going to band practice. Maybe the thought of a great workout gave a great "energy placebo" effect. I know that I also get a pretty sweet rush from BA so THAT is definitely a factor in my elevated energy levels as well.
7.5/10

ENDURANCE
I got to the gym, trained my a** off, achieved an amazing pump and an effective workout, and STILL wanted to stay in the gym and work harder and train other bodyparts. I had to be carefull with this because I didn't want to cross over into the "overtraining" boudaries during a bulking season..
8.5/10

PUMP
This is the 2nd-most important aspect of a Pump product (the 1st being the Vascularity) and I was pretty impressed with the way nitrates affected my workout. The pump wasn't ABSOLUTELY INSANE; that would just be unnecessary and annoying during training. P-Bol DID, however, push to the limits of what I would call a 'very good' pump product. There were a few times during my training that I had to do really quick sessions that would have never been nearly as effective if I didn't have a serving of P-Bol prior to the session. So a score of 10 for a "Pump" product would be that "unbearable pump" for me.
9/10

VASCULARITY
This is where Pump-Bol was the highlight of my day. The hyped-up ads of an 8-hour pump are all too true; I had bulging veins on days AFTER taking Pump-Bol. Also as an example, my forearms were exploding during band practice from gripping the mic lol If I never try anything better than P-Bol for vascularity (which will be extremely hard to top) I'll edit the score to a perfect 10.
9.5/10

SERVINGS/PRICE
Found it on bb.com for 39.99, which is about average for a Pump Product and in my opinion, pretty inexpensive for what it does. I'm taking about a month off from purchasing any other pre-workout products, hopefully by then there might be a BOGO sale or something on P-Bol. Either way, the results are well worth the $39 tag.
8.5/10

TRY PUMP-BOL:bodybuilding. com/store/th...GOOG-THERMO008

:dance: