From Endo to Mesomorph (Sponsored APS Weekly Reviews)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. From Endo to Mesomorph (Sponsored APS Weekly Reviews)


    Judgement Day and APS have been kind enough to send a container of Mesomorph my way. This pre-workout has had my eye for a bit and I'm pleased to be able to evaluate and use it.


    To read up on this product, see this page:
    Mesomorph KING of pre-workout powders Advanced Performance Supplements

    The Who:
    I'm currently sitting at ~240lb and ~9-10% BF. I'm in a fat-loss phase right now, and am eating and training to coordinate with this goal. I also dabble in powerlifting and have a 1415 total, IIRC. Not bad, but not great either.

    Long term goals include a 700lb DL, 500lb Bench and 600lb squat, though these are realistically still years away. Nonetheless, I'll get there.

    The What:
    Other supplementation includes:
    10g Fish Oil/day
    40mg Zinc Glycinate/day
    5000IU Vit D3 EOD
    2 scoops MAP +10g IBCAA intraworkout
    2 scoops WPI +10g IBCAA postworkout
    600mg Mag Citrate before bed

    The How:
    I'm lifting 5days a week, with a routine that is constantly in flux. I have a few foundational rules I follow, and lots of variation and changes surround that foundation. I'm using Wendler's 5/3/1 for Squats, Deads, Bench and Overhead Press, coupled with high volume/high-ish frequency assistance.

    All in all, I end up getting 40-50sets per bodypart per week. I've built up to this volume and continue to gain strength despite being on a caloric deficit. No overtraining here.

    The Eats:
    I'm on a regressive ketogenic diet, eating between 2000 and 2700 kcals/day. This coming weekend (Thurdsday, Friday and Saturday) will constitute a refeed and mark the first time in over a month that I'll eat at or above maintenance. Following those 3 days, I'll return to the diet until the end of the log.

    Please feel free to join in and ask any questions you may have about me, the product, or my training methodology.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***


  2. After 1 workout on Mesomorph, here are my
    Initial Thoughts:

    Pre-emptive TL;DR: By Great Odin's Beard, this stuff is POTENT.

    The container is, as Tomahawk pointed out in another thread, deceptively small. Good things come in small packages, and a lot is packed in here. Though the "Grape" flavor has a distinct artificial aftertaste, I have certainly had worse, and the effects certainly make the tast a moot point.

    I have not had a stimulant this strong in a LONG time. Approximately 30mins after ingesting 1 scoop; my eyes were bugging out of my freaking head with energy and Beta-Alanine tingles ensued throughout my periphery.

    The heightened energy/alertness continued through probably 75% of my 90min lifting session. I didn't crash when it began to wear off, but I certainly found myself less enduring all of a sudden. Sets suddenly required rest, whereas for most of the workout, I was bouncing back and forth for sets with stamina to spare.

    Mesomorph has made a very good first impression. I hope this keeps up.

    The workout in brief: Triples week for 5/3/1, assistance as listed

    Box Squats: 5x3 working up to 335, followed by a final set of 375 for 6.
    Supersetted w/Single-leg calf raises to technical failure.
    I used a 14" box, which allowed for a "just below parallel" ROM. 375x6 is a PR for reps

    Overhead Press: 4x3 working up to 195, 205 for 2 strict reps, 225 for 4 push-presses
    My strict press is weak, need to bring up the power off the bottom of the rep. Going to implement pin presses for this next time.

    Weighted Dips: 5x10 with 45lbs
    Ss'd with Single-arm Cable Rows: 4x3 working up to 200, final set with 210 for 4
    The dips serve as accessory to the press, while the rows follow 5/3/1 rules. +45 for 10 was easy, and I had no shoulder pain (a recent injury made dips and bench a no-no for a while), so next week this is definitely going up. 210 for 4 on the rows is a PR.

    BB Cheat Curls: 5x5 working up to 165
    Lying Cable Curls: 5x10-20 with 60-80
    I finish off most workouts with some direct arm work. Having done dips, I didn't include any triceps isolation today. That will come tomorrow. 165x5 felt lighter than 155 did last week; an easy 10lb increase is good progress.

    I don't intend to update after every workout. I will summarize at the end of each week my thoughts and results, and sporadically post my workouts as I see fit. I.e. if I hit a particularly impressive PR, for example.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
    •   
       


  3. Oh jam Im mentioned and Im the 1st to post!

    Btw speaking of the bottle... that is a bottle of the old formula

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Oh jam Im mentioned and Im the 1st to post!

    Btw speaking of the bottle... that is a bottle of the old formula
    Yeah, I know, couldn't find one of the new bottle. Oh well, it gets the point across.

    Good to see ya, man.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Yeah, I know, couldn't find one of the new bottle. Oh well, it gets the point across.

    Good to see ya, man.
    Lol now I feel like an ass. Just checked the pic I got up in my log and it is the old bottle too. The pic was so small I couldnt see the print

    Of course man. Didnt realize u had cut down to 240.
    •   
       


  6. Im following along brother
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    After 1 workout on Mesomorph, here are my
    Initial Thoughts:

    Pre-emptive TL;DR: By Great Odin's Beard, this stuff is POTENT.

    The container is, as Tomahawk pointed out in another thread, deceptively small. Good things come in small packages, and a lot is packed in here. Though the "Grape" flavor has a distinct artificial aftertaste, I have certainly had worse, and the effects certainly make the tast a moot point.

    I have not had a stimulant this strong in a LONG time. Approximately 30mins after ingesting 1 scoop; my eyes were bugging out of my freaking head with energy and Beta-Alanine tingles ensued throughout my periphery.

    The heightened energy/alertness continued through probably 75% of my 90min lifting session. I didn't crash when it began to wear off, but I certainly found myself less enduring all of a sudden. Sets suddenly required rest, whereas for most of the workout, I was bouncing back and forth for sets with stamina to spare.

    Mesomorph has made a very good first impression. I hope this keeps up.

    The workout in brief: Triples week for 5/3/1, assistance as listed

    Box Squats: 5x3 working up to 335, followed by a final set of 375 for 6.
    Supersetted w/Single-leg calf raises to technical failure.
    I used a 14" box, which allowed for a "just below parallel" ROM. 375x6 is a PR for reps

    Overhead Press: 4x3 working up to 195, 205 for 2 strict reps, 225 for 4 push-presses
    My strict press is weak, need to bring up the power off the bottom of the rep. Going to implement pin presses for this next time.

    Weighted Dips: 5x10 with 45lbs
    Ss'd with Single-arm Cable Rows: 4x3 working up to 200, final set with 210 for 4
    The dips serve as accessory to the press, while the rows follow 5/3/1 rules. +45 for 10 was easy, and I had no shoulder pain (a recent injury made dips and bench a no-no for a while), so next week this is definitely going up. 210 for 4 on the rows is a PR.

    BB Cheat Curls: 5x5 working up to 165
    Lying Cable Curls: 5x10-20 with 60-80
    I finish off most workouts with some direct arm work. Having done dips, I didn't include any triceps isolation today. That will come tomorrow. 165x5 felt lighter than 155 did last week; an easy 10lb increase is good progress.

    I don't intend to update after every workout. I will summarize at the end of each week my thoughts and results, and sporadically post my workouts as I see fit. I.e. if I hit a particularly impressive PR, for example.
    Subbed!

    Nice lifts Resolve! Congrats on the PR, awesome to see you liked your first workout with Mesomorph, how was the pumps?
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  8. In dis haus.
    NSCA - CSCS

  9. Hmmm looks good. Can't wait to see what my favorite elephant has to say about it.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Lol now I feel like an ass. Just checked the pic I got up in my log and it is the old bottle too. The pic was so small I couldnt see the print

    Of course man. Didnt realize u had cut down to 240.
    No worries. I've been cutting since mid-September and made some good progress too; my abs are coming in well, though I'm not as lean yet as I plan to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Im following along brother
    Good to have ya Josh!

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Subbed!

    Nice lifts Resolve! Congrats on the PR, awesome to see you liked your first workout with Mesomorph, how was the pumps?
    Hard to evaluate on most of the lower rep stuff. Dips didn't leave my tris with much pump at all, but the curls certainly left the front of my arms feeling very full. Workouts later in the week will be better suited to judging this aspect of the product.

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    In dis haus.
    I don't speak german...

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Hmmm looks good. Can't wait to see what my favorite elephant has to say about it.
    Dat'sa me!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  11. Looks good. Sounds like about the same as I'm seeing. Honing in on a perfect dose.

  12. hells yeah!!! i hear a lot of guys say a supp is strong-means a lot coming from you!!!


    interested in the effects of the creatine nitrate!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  13. I am in for this one bro!!

  14. Looks good for a first run. It will get better with continued use of the creatine nitrate.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Looks good. Sounds like about the same as I'm seeing. Honing in on a perfect dose.
    Nice. Thanks for joining in!

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    hells yeah!!! i hear a lot of guys say a supp is strong-means a lot coming from you!!!

    interested in the effects of the creatine nitrate!
    Yeah, it's easily the most potent stim I've used in a while. I can't even think of anything that has hit me that hard off the top of my head. I'm hoping I don't adapt to it anytime soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by raulob72 View Post
    I am in for this one bro!!
    Welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Looks good for a first run. It will get better with continued use of the creatine nitrate.
    Gracias. Are you going to be running an APS log of your own?

    Creatine Nitrate is one of those things that I'm really on the fence about. I guess I just don't know enough about the molar ratios of the creatine and nitrate. Nitrates are serious stuff - too much will easily make you pass out.

    Now, I'm not saying it doesn't work - I'm just saying that I have yet to be convinced. I will readily admit that the substance has potential. We'll see.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Nice. Thanks for joining in!



    Yeah, it's easily the most potent stim I've used in a while. I can't even think of anything that has hit me that hard off the top of my head. I'm hoping I don't adapt to it anytime soon.



    Welcome!



    Gracias. Are you going to be running an APS log of your own?

    Creatine Nitrate is one of those things that I'm really on the fence about. I guess I just don't know enough about the molar ratios of the creatine and nitrate. Nitrates are serious stuff - too much will easily make you pass out.

    Now, I'm not saying it doesn't work - I'm just saying that I have yet to be convinced. I will readily admit that the substance has potential. We'll see.
    This is partly my interest too. We'll see if we can be convinced!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    This is partly my interest too. We'll see if we can be convinced!
    It's absolutely part of the fun of trying Mesomorph; trying some of the newer, less documented ergogenics is like panning for gold. You'll find some great stuff, but you have to be willing to look.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  18. sub-a-dub-dub!!
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  19. No log,I purchased a tub of Mesomorph when they included the creatine nitrate. I have 2 bottles of creatine nitrate coming and will play with dosing to see what works best. I did read that there was some concern with taking it with Icarin but it never gave a conclusive answer. I am taking a supplement right now with Icarin so I guess I will find out for myself..
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  20. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    No log,I purchased a tub of Mesomorph when they included the creatine nitrate. I have 2 bottles of creatine nitrate coming and will play with dosing to see what works best. I did read that there was some concern with taking it with Icarin but it never gave a conclusive answer. I am taking a supplement right now with Icarin so I guess I will find out for myself..
    If you stack Creatine Nitrate with Mesomorph only use 2-3 caps pre-workout with it and none post-workout.

    I personally wouldn't worry about the Nitrates, When testing was done they have used double the amount and had no problems.
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  21. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    If you stack Creatine Nitrate with Mesomorph only use 2-3 caps pre-workout with it and none post-workout.

    I personally wouldn't worry about the Nitrates, When testing was done they have used double the amount and had no problems.
    Good to hear... just wish I had some of that Creatine Nitrate lol.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    If you stack Creatine Nitrate with Mesomorph only use 2-3 caps pre-workout with it and none post-workout.

    I personally wouldn't worry about the Nitrates, When testing was done they have used double the amount and had no problems.
    Thanks, I was wondering about the combo of the 2..

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Good to hear... just wish I had some of that Creatine Nitrate lol.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Good to hear... just wish I had some of that Creatine Nitrate lol.
    Hahaha! Me too! Next week I'm going to add back in my Ancient Strength preworkout with the Creatine Pyruvate. I dropped it this week to try the Meso solo for a while. I'm thinking the pumps should get just plain silly.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    sub-a-dub-dub!!
    Cool thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    No log,I purchased a tub of Mesomorph when they included the creatine nitrate. I have 2 bottles of creatine nitrate coming and will play with dosing to see what works best. I did read that there was some concern with taking it with Icarin but it never gave a conclusive answer. I am taking a supplement right now with Icarin so I guess I will find out for myself..
    Great! Keep us posted how that works for ya - I think a lot of us are curious about creatine nitrate in particular.

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    If you stack Creatine Nitrate with Mesomorph only use 2-3 caps pre-workout with it and none post-workout.

    I personally wouldn't worry about the Nitrates, When testing was done they have used double the amount and had no problems.
    Double doses, huh? Hmm, that may be something to consider down the road.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    I don't speak german...


    How about, °En esto casa!
    NSCA - CSCS

  26. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    How about, °En esto casa!
    Lol, I'm a fellow so. californian - I learned rudimentary Mexi-spanish early on.


    I forgot to mention yesterday that my wife, BW, tried Mesomorph with me. She too was impressed by it's potency. Considering that she has a much higher tolerance for stims than I, the fact that she was bouncing off the walls is probably a better indicator of Mesomorph's strength than my reaction.

    I asked her again today if she wanted to use it again. Her response? "HELL YEAH!"

    I'll have her post a review of her own if she keeps using it.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Lol, I'm a fellow so. californian - I learned rudimentary Mexi-spanish early on.


    I forgot to mention yesterday that my wife, BW, tried Mesomorph with me. She too was impressed by it's potency. Considering that she has a much higher tolerance for stims than I, the fact that she was bouncing off the walls is probably a better indicator of Mesomorph's strength than my reaction.

    I asked her again today if she wanted to use it again. Her response? "HELL YEAH!"

    I'll have her post a review of her own if she keeps using it.
    funny you mention the difference between mexican and spanish. i have met a few guys from spain that say what mexicans speak isn't spanish, lol.

    i prefer tagalog-it is less common.
    kumusta ka?
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Lol, I'm a fellow so. californian - I learned rudimentary Mexi-spanish early on.


    I forgot to mention yesterday that my wife, BW, tried Mesomorph with me. She too was impressed by it's potency. Considering that she has a much higher tolerance for stims than I, the fact that she was bouncing off the walls is probably a better indicator of Mesomorph's strength than my reaction.

    I asked her again today if she wanted to use it again. Her response? "HELL YEAH!"

    I'll have her post a review of her own if she keeps using it.

    aha NICE!
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  29. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    funny you mention the difference between mexican and spanish. i have met a few guys from spain that say what mexicans speak isn't spanish, lol.

    i prefer tagalog-it is less common.
    kumusta ka?
    Yup, had a friend in high school who was Spanish. He'd speak in his native tongue every once in a while and I could only understand a fraction of what he said. I'm not fluent in the Mexican dialect either, but I can usually at least get the gist of what's being said.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Yup, had a friend in high school who was Spanish. He'd speak in his native tongue every once in a while and I could only understand a fraction of what he said. I'm not fluent in the Mexican dialect either, but I can usually at least get the gist of what's being said.
    thats alright-the brits say we don't speak english
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. APS is Making Me a Mesomorph (sponsored)
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 11:38 PM
  2. My APS Creatine Nitrate and Mesomorph log (Sponsored)
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 12:42 AM
  3. APS Mesomorph Review/LOG (Sponsored)
    By Rahl in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 11:29 AM
  4. Pre-workout reviews + my weekly Log(Erase,OEP,AlphaT-2 + more)
    By JudgementDay in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 04:34 PM
  5. APS Mesomorph in the Morning (sponsored)
    By Milas in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Log in
Log in