Rodja's FlashOver Log

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, I would like to thank Matt (custom) for selecting me to run this pre-WO formula. I'm not a big pre-WO guy, but this one caught my eye when it was released and I had to take advantage of this opportunity to log it. I have yet to receive the product, but I wanted to get the log going to keep my training updated.

FlashOver Label:
Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings per Container: 45

Amount Per Serving
Creatine Monohydrate 1,667 mg
Glycerol Mono Stearate 1,667 mg
N-Acetyl Tyrosine 667 mg
Beta-Alanine 533 mg
Beta-Phenethylamine HCL 167 mg
L-Norvaline 100 mg
Caffeine 100 mg
1,3-dimethylamylamine 27 mg

Currently, I am doing a deload after a brutal 7 weeks of setting many PRs and gaining a good amount of LBM all while doing a decent (60-90 minutes/week) of cardio.

Split:
Mon: ME Lower, Core
Tue: Rep Upper, Light Cardio
Wed: Prowler Push
Thu: Dynamic Lower, Sprints
Fri: Sled Drags
Sat: ME Upper, Core
Sun: OFF

I'm working back into getting my MMA conditioning back, but it's going to be a long process and am going to devote several months to getting back there.

Current PRs:
DL: 425x5
Box Squat: 335x5
Box Jump: 46"
DB Row: 150x15
Dips: BW+90x5
Incline DB Press: 90x10
Neutral Pullups: BW+50x3
DB Shoulder Press: 80x8

All of these have been set in recent months and I hope to continue my progress.

Starting Stats:
5'10"
215 lbs
13% BF

Other Supps:
MAP
BCAA
Sesamin
ArginoCarn
Fish Oil

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice..can't wait to see how you like it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/16: Rep Upper

DELOAD

Incline DB Press: 50x15, 50x15, 50x15
Wide Neutral Pullups/Facepulls: 6/115x15, 6/115x15, 6/115x15
DB Shoulder Press: 45x15, 45x15, 45x15
Pressdowns/DB Shrugs: 115x15/70x15, 115x15/70x15, 115x15/70x15

First session of the deload. Just a basic day with 50-60% of normal weight and really focusing on technique and M-M connection during this. Also, trying to keep the joints healthy with regular MFR and stretching.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd. Will try this in the future. Curious how you like it though, profile looks spectacular.

Also, curious what Pre-workouts you used that you will be able to compare them to.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub'd. Will try this in the future. Curious how you like it though, profile looks spectacular.

Also, curious what Pre-workouts you used that you will be able to compare them to.
Previous (Stim-based):

VasoCharge
Jack3d
Jacked
NO Shotgun
White Flood
Anadraulic State
Maniac
Chaos
WTF Pumped

There are others, but that's all I recall. I'm not a big pre-WO guy and most of these were samples or using a friends tub.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja,GMS builds up in your system with use correct? So this should get better the longer we take it?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja,GMS builds up in your system with use correct? So this should get better the longer we take it?
Honestly, I'm not sure, but I also have not received the product yet. I hope to start by Monday, but the mail will decide the exact date. I don't have too much experience with GMS, so I couldn't comment on its MoA.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First use of GMS for me as well. Can't wait to see what it does!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
subbed - i'm not a big pre-workout supp guy either but if this one works for you i might give it a try

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice. Do you notice with Flash over you need to drink more water? If you see my log I am drinking a lot more water than a product like Jacked 3d or pre surge unleashed. I had the same issue with Glycergrow from CL I would tend to get more thirsty.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. Do you notice with Flash over you need to drink more water? If you see my log I am drinking a lot more water than a product like Jacked 3d or pre surge unleashed. I had the same issue with Glycergrow from CL I would tend to get more thirsty.
I haven't received the product yet, so I can't comment on that.

11/18: Lower, Core

Pre-Hab

Box Squats: 205x5, 205x5, 205x5
Squats: 135x3, 135x3
Hypers: BWx15, BWx15, BWx15
Standing Cable Crunches: 50x12, 50x12, 50x12

11/20: Upper

Pre-Hab

Dips/Pullups: BWx15, BWx15/BWx8, BWx15/BWx8
BB Rows/Rear Flys: 225x12/25x15, 225x12/25x15, 225x12/25x15
Hammer Curls/Lying Scaupla Adductions: 40x10/40x15, 40x10/40x15, 40x10/40x15

All-in-all, a successful deload week. My shoulders and back feel good and my CNS feels refreshed to hit it back up on Monday. I am going to be making some adjustments to my split to accommodate more conditioning and MMA training over the next weeks, but it will remain similar.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed... Tear it up buddy

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh okay. Look at my log so we can compre and contrast. I will keeping a eye out to see about the water intake. I noticed few friends made the same comment about a GMS product. Makes them thisrty more.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still haven't gotten the FO yet, but keeping the training updated. I've also started the 5/3/1 System by Wendler.

11/22: Military Press

Foam Roll
Pre-Hab

MP: 105x5, 115x5, 125x5
Dips: BW+25x15, BW+25x15, BW+25x12
Pressdowns: 190x15, 190x15, 190x15
DB Shrugs: 100x15, 100x15, 110x10
Rear Flys: 30x15, 40x15, 40x15

Not 100% sure what my max is on MP right now as I haven't done it in ages, but this first microcycle is mainly to establish current numbers and then the following microcycle will be dedicated to the full system. Also, my shoulders are feeling much more healthy and my ROM is better than it has been in ages. I know the rear flys are not a part of the system, but I have worked very hard on rehabbing on my shoulders and won't let up on the rear delt/mid trap work.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hoping to get mine today.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still haven't received the FO :(

11/23: Squats

Pre-Hab
Foam Roll

Squats: 205x5, 215x5, 225x12
Good Mornings: 95x10, 95x10, 95x10
Hanging Leg Raises/Decline Sit Ups: 15/10, 15/10, 15/10

First time I've done free-weight squats in awhile and did a conservative set on the final one. Using the charts, this equates to about a 315 1RM, which I slightly doubt because I was easily clearing 335x5 on box squats. Still, felt good to be under the bar and re-establishing my technique.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was hoping to get mine today. I am out of town now until Sunday so it will be sitting on my doorstep until then...:sad3:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually got it yesterday. I'll update tomorrow on yesterday's and today's training.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/24: MMA

I didn't have my classes this night because of Thanksgiving so I was able to go to practice for the first time in months. I subbed this instead of Prowler pushes because I knew there was no way in hell that I'd be able to do both in one day at this point. Plus, my thighs were sore from the Tuesday's training.

The class basically went like this:
Warm-up (Basic calisthenics, jump rope, etc.)
Thai pads (front/rear kick combination using both legs)
Sparring

I did 4 total rounds of sparring with each round being 3 minutes. The problem was that the rest time was only 30 seconds. Needless to say, I was GASSED by the end of the 3rd round and, somehow, managed to finish the 4th round. I knew my striking would be awful, so I kept tight on my posture and my footwork and looked for just basic counters and 3-5 strike combos. Also, my number 1 focus was to work on my shot. Since I am a southy, my main takedown is a single-leg and variations from that. There is one of my training partners in particular that I've always struggled to get the TD, so I was determined to get it today.

I shot in with my head on the outside which he stuffed, so I transitioned my head inside to try to finish. As I began to driving and re-establishing my feet, I moved my head to the outside again and then turned the corner, took his back, and got the TD into side-mount.

Mission Accomplished.

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Oh okay. Look at my log so we can compre and contrast. I will keeping a eye out to see about the water intake. I noticed few friends made the same comment about a GMS product. Makes them thisrty more.
Definitely makes me thirsty. I use GMS pretty regularly. Whenever I restart it, I notice that I get some joint soreness and muslce pain for a couple of days. Have seen others post the same thing. Once it builds up it's smooth, engorged sailing. I usually pre-load some water and then make sure to stay well hydrated the whole day.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely makes me thirsty. I use GMS pretty regularly. Whenever I restart it, I notice that I get some joint soreness and muslce pain for a couple of days. Have seen others post the same thing. Once it builds up it's smooth, engorged sailing. I usually pre-load some water and then make sure to stay well hydrated the whole day.
Good points to know because this will be first time using GMS!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This version of FO actually has Glycine instead of GMS. Slightly different and more water-soluble.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/25: Bench Press

Pre-Hab
Rotator Warm-Up

Bench Press: 155x5, 165x5, 175x10
Facepulls/Pullups: 170x12/8, 170x12/8, 170x12/8, 180x10/8
BB Rows/Side Laterals: 245x12/35x12, 245x12/35x12, 245x12/35x12

I woke up today with a very stiff left AC, which has been a constant battle for me this year. I have been pretty damn healthy lately, but I think I slept on it the night before and it felt impinged. During my warm-up, I wasn't able to really loosen it up, so I had to be conservative with my numbers. I never quite found my groove as I also couldn't get a proper scapula adduction, but I endured.

Initial FO impressions:
1. The taste is very good. I use 1.5 scoops in about 12 oz of water ~30 minutes prior to arriving at the gym.
2. Just enough stim at the aforementioned dose without the feeling of having a coronary. I haven't been taking stims for awhile, so my receptors are pretty fresh.
3. Solid pumps without even training for a pump. The norvaline/glycine combo is a nice 1-2 punch in this dept.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did you take a look at my log to compare and contrast?

I am nearing the end.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
True. I was thinking more basic stuff like energy, focus, strength, how thisrty you are etc.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True. I was thinking more basic stuff like energy, focus, strength, how thisrty you are etc.
Like I said, our training is worlds apart and drawing any comparison is very difficult. You're doing a straight hypertrophy split and I honestly could care less about size anymore. In fact, I need to lose some since I've gotten kinda heavy lately.

11/27: Deadlift

This is the only lift out of the four that I've done consistently in recent months. Using the formula in the 5/3/1 template, I'm at about a 485 deadlift. Taking 10% puts me at about 425 and the first week is 85% of this for max reps (375).

Pre-Hab
Piriformis MFR
PVC Pipe Rolling (subbed in for a foam roller)

Deads: 365x5, 370x5, 375x8
BB Lunges (per leg): 135x12, 155x10, 165x8
Hypers: BW+45x15, BW+90x15, BW+135x15
Standing Cable Crunches: 100x10, 100x10, 100x10

DC Stretches

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Hit it hard, brother. We've got some major training ahead of us the next few months.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit it hard, brother. We've got some major training ahead of us the next few months.
I know, bro. I need to get back into fighting shape over the next few months, literally.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/29: Military

Pre-Hab
Foam Roll
Rotator Cuff Warm-up

Standing Military: 115x3, 125x3, 135x6
Dips: BW+45x10, BW+45x10, BW+45x10
Neutral Grip Pullups: BWx10x5
Pressdowns/Facepulls: 190x15/175x15, 190x15/190x12, 190x15/190x12

DC Stretches

This was an odd session for me; I was awake for the entire thing, but I didn't have any focus for about 90% of it. I was good during Standing Military, but I really struggled during Dips. I couldn't seem to get into my groove and find my angle for appropriate depth and contraction. However, I did rebound during my final supersets and felt a great pump in my triceps and mid-trap/rear delt. I chalk it up to not enough sleep during the weekend and training earlier in the day than usual. I am making sure to get in several big meals tonight as I have Squats tomorrow and will need all the energy I can get.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
11/30: Squats

Piriformis Pre-Hab
Foam Roll
Static Stretches

Squats: 225x3, 245x3, 255x8
BB Lunges: 135x12, 135x12, 135x12
Hypers: BW+45x15, BW+90x15, BW+135x15
Decline Sit-Ups: BW+10x10, BW+10x10, BW+10x10

DC Stretches

This was a ****ing amazing session in so many ways. I expected it to be a tad lackluster because I only had ~50 minutes to train after my warm-up, but I flew through everything. Good drive in the heels and I was able to focus on my technique throughout the motion. The best part was during lunges: the pump in my quads and hamstrings was huge and I was walking around with dead legs after my final set. However, I still had about 20 minutes, so I did my posterior chain work and some abs.

During the stretching and cool-down, I was able to do something that I haven't been able to do in over a year: the full splits. I've made it a priority to regain my flexibility in my legs, especially in my abductors. Since I've begun the DeFranco method of stretching and mobility, I've slowly attained my goal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/1: Off

I had to take the day off today to finish 2 projects and 2 presentations to finish. I finished them and will be able to really hit it hard tomorrow.

BTW, I've been using 1.5 scoops pre-WO and it has worked excellently.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/2: BP, Cardio

Foam Roll
Pre-Hab
Rotator Warm-Up

BP: 155x3, 175x3, 185x8
BB Rows: 245x15, 275x12, 295x12
Incline DB: 70x12, 70x12, 70x10
Neutral Pullups: 45 total reps (5 sets); these were done in between sets of the DB incline
DB Shrugs/Incline Scapula Adductions: 120x12/80x10, 120x12/80x10

DC Stretches

Cardio

1/2 mile jog
8 sprints
1/2 mile jog

The sprints were the width of a football field and the rest was the length at a slow jog. It wasn't my cardio that failed first; it was my legs. The distal portion of the hamstring by the medial side of the knee was tight and it just felt weird. I worked up to about 90% of maximum speed and could really feel my muscles firing off. All-in-all, hell of a session and I could have kept going had my legs not given out. Honestly, though, I did much better than I expected considering I haven't done any HIIT-style cardio in quite some time. Lifts were solid and the pump was awesome. My entire upper body was engorged with blood by the end and that was without pump-style training. I'm really digging this FlashOver and I'm not really a pre-WO guy. Kudos to Matt and Omega on this one.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the split. Good to hear Defrancos mobility routine is treating you so well. I have started doing those two routines.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/4: Conditioning

1/2 mile jog

10 rounds:
Prowler Push: 40M+100 lbs
30 Jumping Jacks
3 Tire Flips (450 lbs)

Total Time: 20:49

I was absolutely gassed after this session and IDK how I finished it. I have never done both Prowler pushes and tire flips together and it's been a long time since I've done tire flips anyway. Luckily, it was beautiful day outside and I think the sunlight gave me an extra gear. I took only 1 serving before this because I didn't want to get over-stimmed before this. My legs, once again, gave out before my cardio, but I'll get by gas tank back soon enough.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
this is a good log man keep it up, i just started 5/3/1 myself. How long does the energy from this last compared to other 1,3 dimeth products (if youve tried others)?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12/4: Deadlifts

Pre-Hab
Warm-Up

Deads: 315x3, 365x3, 375x3, 385x10
BB Lunges (reps per leg): 135x10, 155x8, 185x6
Good Mornings: 95x10, 105x10, 105x10

DC Stretches

Well, I was shooting for 7 reps on the deads based upon my lifts last week. Needless to say, I surpassed my own expectations by a good amount. I was quite dizzy and lightheaded after the set and had to take a good 5 minutes before I unloaded the weight and moved onto my next lift. The FO gave a great amount of focus for my main lift, but I think I gassed myself out on the deads. However, since that is the main part of the session, it's not really a big deal. Next week is max reps with 405 and I am shooting for 6, but I'm not sure what to expect.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is a good log man keep it up, i just started 5/3/1 myself. How long does the energy from this last compared to other 1,3 dimeth products (if youve tried others)?
I've tried quite a few 1,3 products, but most were proprietary, so it's hard to really give it a fair comparison. I will say that the dose feels much less compared to others, but still is very efficacious. I like the inclusion of the b-PEA and norvaline for focus and pumps, respectively.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I almost wish the caffeine and 1,3 dime were left out and more creatine and BA were put in. Then if a person needed to stim they could add their own. I wonder what creatine nitrate would do in this formula??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I almost wish the caffeine and 1,3 dime were left out and more creatine and BA were put in. Then if a person needed to stim they could add their own. I wonder what creatine nitrate would do in this formula??
Well, creatine and BA are both really cheap and you could easily add them. 1,3, on the other hand, is not so easily added via powder.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hmm well i like the look of the product, and the amount of stim in it...why not just add creatine nitrate to it?, by the looks of it you wouldnt need more then 1.5 scoops ever for this

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
also are u getting any of the 1,3 dimeth sides, such as ED, sleeping troubles, quick tolerance build up, making you tired?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also are u getting any of the 1,3 dimeth sides, such as ED, sleeping troubles, quick tolerance build up, making you tired?
I'm only dosing on training days and I don't take any additional stims throughout the day. So far, no tolerance or any issues.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ahh ok, how long would u say the stim effects usually last?
also what would u consider the best overall pre-wo based on ingredients, stim or none stim?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahh ok, how long would u say the stim effects usually last?
also what would u consider the best overall pre-wo based on ingredients, stim or none stim?
It lasts a good 3-4 hours. I really like the synergy between the creatine, norvaline, and glycine. That is the main selling point for me. The stims are just enough to get you moving without the feeling of having a coronary.

It's still a little early to give a good breakdown as I have only used maybe 1/5 of the container.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ahh i see then, thank you...i respect ur posts on this board. I was looking for a good 1,3 dimeth product that doesnt crack you out or last for hrs upon hrs on end. This looks like its the one

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahh i see then, thank you...i respect ur posts on this board. I was looking for a good 1,3 dimeth product that doesnt crack you out or last for hrs upon hrs on end. This looks like its the one
Non-proprietary and only a moderate amount of stims, but with other focus agents is what perked my interest.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes i deff agree with you, it looks very good. I would like to try it out and maybe add 1.5g ALCAR, 3g Cit Mal to it, since i usually use those
also i repsond very well to once scoop of most products, do u think this would be worth it at that dose?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes i deff agree with you, it looks very good. I would like to try it out and maybe add 1.5g ALCAR, 3g Cit Mal to it, since i usually use those
also i repsond very well to once scoop of most products, do u think this would be worth it at that dose?
That depends upon on your tolerance and type of training. I hate to feeling with a lot of stims in me while training on max efforts on squats, deads, etc. My BP and HR get high enough during these and don't need anything to exacerbate it.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i agree with you 100%, esp on 5/3/1 where ur last set is a near max rep set....i tried 1 scoop of ASGT before squats and it ruined my workout bc it left me out of breath before my legs were tired. so this doesnt have that effect on you?