Working out Demons and DOMS: XFactor Advanced and the Blueprint

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Working out Demons and DOMS: XFactor Advanced and the Blueprint


    I've been a Company Rep for Molecular Nutrition since August but I'm still an ArA virgin. We've been watching recent loggers combining The Blueprint plan with XFactor, and I decided to jump on board.
    This log will have a lot of 'firsts' for me.
    Aside from furious drill sergeants in the Army, I've never followed a specific training program. Meaning: I've chosen my own exercises based on equipment and need and schedule, generally in the range of 3 sets of 10 reps per movement. So following The Blueprint will be quite a change.

    (Side note: BP involves phases based on training and eating. Advanced users are encouraged to play around within the basic formats. For Newbs- the first program is laid out as a strong suggestion. I'll be sticking very close to the basic, Newb format.)

    Very rough plan:
    5 days of the Famine phase. Basically this is a low cal detox period with some lifting and LISS.

    50 days of Feast. This segment is based on lots of eating and training. The 2 initially recommended lifting protocols will take about 50 days to work through. VERY CONVIENIETLY, William 'Bad Ass' Llewellyn suggests a 50 day ArA cycle. Now it won't kill me if the dates don't synch right up. I'll take XFactor Advanced for 50 days starting day 1 of the Feast. And I'll plug away at the workouts as directed, taking rest days as needed.
    The BP plan suggests several specific supplements. I'll be following their advice on cycling BCAAs, and using UniLiver tabs heavily during a portion of Feast. *In addition to XFA, I'll be stacking Test Factor by MN. And continuing the *multi vite, joint support, and fish oil.

    2-3 weeks of Cruise: the last phase of BP. To me, it sounds a lot like PCT: everything is backed off a bit to let the body settle down and get used to the new muscle built during the Feast workouts. *Cruise workouts will be Bill Starr's 5 x 5, or close to it. So yeah- this log will be long as hell- like 10 weeks.

    I'm extremely lucky to have a Blueprint Ninja on my team: I met Big.Jazayrli in Las Vegas. Turns out he is long time user of the BP and is even used in their youtube how-to videos. Niiiiice.
    Mixelflick is the MAN, the author of the program. 'Nuff said.
    My MN homeboys- swolenONE and fitcopforlife will be my go-to guys for supplement advice. They both have better knowledge of the products than I do, but I hope to catch up a lot in the next few months.

  2. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    My Famine phase starts today. The calories in this phase, and especially the protein, are ridiculously low. I've been warned this phase is tough and will not lead to happy thoughts, lol.

    I have meals for the first 2 days portioned and ready to go. What we've got here, is about 1600 calories and 35 grams of protein.
    PIC FAIL....I'm still too young to post pics here. :


    Veggie lasagna, spinach salad with craisins and walnuts, salad dressing, soup, fruit cup, cereal (and milk), pretzels, carrots, and fruit.

    Shopping for this was really weird. For the first time EVER I had to make buying decisions based on LOW protein, lol.
  3. Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,242
    Rep Power
    1093158
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    43.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    in for X Factor and Blue Print excellence!
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    in for X Factor and Blue Print excellence!
    All right brother!
  5. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Famine workout #1


    With a feeble preWO meal of one Apple...I completed the first (of 3) Famine workout.

    I don't think I've ever done a workout that unusual. Supersets and unusual muscle pairings for sure.

    The speed of the routine was the roughest part. The workouts from here increase in volume....this might be even worse.
  6. New Member
    onemind1body's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    381
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    8.3%

    Is this blue print a supp or a specific training plan? Sounds interesting..
  7. New Member
    fitcopforlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    77.93%

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    in for X Factor and Blue Print excellence!
    In X 2. Man You and Rob are dieting and fasting and now I am bulking. The roles have reversed. Glad to see you guys working on these excellent other programs though, very interested to see how the BP works with ArA.
  8. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by onemind1body View Post
    Is this blue print a supp or a specific training plan? Sounds interesting..
    Its a workout routine. Its based on combining effective practices and timing of various methods, and amplifying those with a few diet phases.
    Most users have great results in weight and strength gain.
  9. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by fitcopforlife View Post
    In X 2. Man You and Rob are dieting and fasting and now I am bulking. The roles have reversed. Glad to see you guys working on these excellent other programs though, very interested to see how the BP works with ArA.
    I'm halfway through the Famine....this is tough. I can't wait to be able to EAT.
  10. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    LISS


    Last night at work, I got in an hour of 'cardio'. We have a large facility, and I walked around the buildings at break and lunch. Total time a bit over 60 minutes, went maybe 4 miles.

    I don't wanna whine, but its getting cold here. At least cold for me. Those were BRISK walks.
  11. New Member
    onemind1body's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    381
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    8.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    Its a workout routine. Its based on combining effective practices and timing of various methods, and amplifying those with a few diet phases.
    Most users have great results in weight and strength gain.
    Do you have a link to this training outline or does one have to buy into it. Going to use the new x factor to bridge after my upcoming pct and it sounds interesting. I loved the old x albeit it at 1250 to 1500. Loved when np had it in bulk that was the bees knees. Hahaha
  12. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Blueprint


    Quote Originally Posted by onemind1body View Post
    Do you have a link to this training outline or does one have to buy into it. Going to use the new x factor to bridge after my upcoming pct and it sounds interesting. I loved the old x albeit it at 1250 to 1500. Loved when np had it in bulk that was the bees knees. Hahaha

    Well, you DO kind of have to buy it on faith. Try this:
    Google "Bodybuilding Supplements, Organic Anabolism"

    There a ton of logs at bb.com. Its a cult program for sure that seems to be picking up speed.

    I can't wait to start XFactor Advanced- I'll start it when I begin the Feast phase of training and diet- Thursday, I think.
  13. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Famine workout #2


    More supersets, more exercises, less rest, more swearing on my part. Very efficient synergy, tho. I think this will go a long way to continue to drain my tank.

    Body weight- I started this at 272. I'm holding steady there.
  14. Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,242
    Rep Power
    1093158
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    43.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    More supersets, more exercises, less rest, more swearing on my part. Very efficient synergy, tho. I think this will go a long way to continue to drain my tank.

    Body weight- I started this at 272. I'm holding steady there.
    272 now, whats your goal for by the Arnold?
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
  15. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    272 now, whats your goal for by the Arnold?
    Less BF. I wanna be lean.

    Now, I've said that for years and was never willing to put in the work. The Arnold on the boss' dime might be the proper motivation.
  16. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Unusual things so far: Famine is about messing with your body. Part of that is super low protein, and restricted calories.
    I will admit its nice to ignore certian rules. I don't need to rush home to hace a post WO shake...can't afford the calories. And I don't need to have my bedtime cottage cheese. Catabolisis is part of the gameplan.

    I've felt a little off for a few days. Come gym time, I'm good to go. But most of the rest of the time I feel....almost nauseous. Maybe its my body not being used to being hungry. Meh- I have a day and half left on Famine. Feast, and lots of meat, awaits.
  17. Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,242
    Rep Power
    1093158
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    43.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    Unusual things so far: Famine is about messing with your body. Part of that is super low protein, and restricted calories.
    I will admit its nice to ignore certian rules. I don't need to rush home to hace a post WO shake...can't afford the calories. And I don't need to have my bedtime cottage cheese. Catabolisis is part of the gameplan.

    I've felt a little off for a few days. Come gym time, I'm good to go. But most of the rest of the time I feel....almost nauseous. Maybe its my body not being used to being hungry. Meh- I have a day and half left on Famine. Feast, and lots of meat, awaits.
    ya it is interesting, i too get nausea when Im not eating enough... conversely, I get it when I eat too much also lol.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
  18. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Famine workout #3 in the books. It stopped being about resistance training and just became an endurance workout. Just a guess, I'd say I did a bit over 100 t-bar rows.

    For fun I wrapped with 30 minutes on the stationary bike. It actually felt easy in comparison to that workout.
  19. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I'm in! I wanna learn as much as i can about AA

  20. New Member
    fitcopforlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    77.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    Less BF. I wanna be lean.

    Now, I've said that for years and was never willing to put in the work. The Arnold on the boss' dime might be the proper motivation.
    Lol, great motivation Looking forward to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I'm in! I wanna learn as much as i can about AA
    If you have any question hit me, Tim, or Rob up anytime. Here is a good site for you to start

    http://arachidonic.com/
  21. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I'm in! I wanna learn as much as i can about AA
    Hit us up if you have any questions. Thanks for following along.

    Quote Originally Posted by fitcopforlife View Post
    Lol, great motivation Looking forward to that.
    4.5 months out? Bring it ON!
  22. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Today is the third and final day of the Feast rest. I'll be doing the research today to finalize the next series of workouts. I need to determine my exercises for the EDT blocks, shouldn't be too hard.

    I was lucky that the 3 days of rest happened on my weekend. I've gotten lots of sleep and naps, plenty of food and BCAAs. I'm feeling very good right now.

    Body weight this AM was just under 271. So I gained back most of the weight I lost on the Famine.

    One more side note- my girl and I got a great deal to join the Golds gym by her work. I usually spend one day a week with her at work, so this will be a great time to train.
    (I have 3 gyms now: small gym at work, my main commercial gym that I hate, but its the closest to the house, and cheap. And now Golds.)
    Golds is awesome! Probably the coolest gym I've been to. Lots of cardio equipment. Machines are set up by body part: legs, chest and shoulders, abs. There is a stretching area, a small ladies only room, and a small room for personal training (GENIUS). Main weight room has Hammer Strength equip, DBs up to 150lbs, 2 Smith, 2 squat, and a power rack. Robby is happy.
  23. New Member
    fitcopforlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    77.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    Today is the third and final day of the Feast rest. I'll be doing the research today to finalize the next series of workouts. I need to determine my exercises for the EDT blocks, shouldn't be too hard.

    I was lucky that the 3 days of rest happened on my weekend. I've gotten lots of sleep and naps, plenty of food and BCAAs. I'm feeling very good right now.

    Body weight this AM was just under 271. So I gained back most of the weight I lost on the Famine.

    One more side note- my girl and I got a great deal to join the Golds gym by her work. I usually spend one day a week with her at work, so this will be a great time to train.
    (I have 3 gyms now: small gym at work, my main commercial gym that I hate, but its the closest to the house, and cheap. And now Golds.)
    Golds is awesome! Probably the coolest gym I've been to. Lots of cardio equipment. Machines are set up by body part: legs, chest and shoulders, abs. There is a stretching area, a small ladies only room, and a small room for personal training (GENIUS). Main weight room has Hammer Strength equip, DBs up to 150lbs, 2 Smith, 2 squat, and a power rack. Robby is happy.
    That makes it so convenient having gyms close by. I am the same way have 3 I can hit 1 close to home, 1 close to my daughters school, and 1 close to work. No excuses for me.
  24. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I got 2 gym memberships myself plus the one at work .. We are bad asses lol

  25. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by fitcopforlife View Post
    That makes it so convenient having gyms close by. I am the same way have 3 I can hit 1 close to home, 1 close to my daughters school, and 1 close to work. No excuses for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I got 2 gym memberships myself plus the one at work .. We are bad asses lol
    I think I'm gonna get spoiled- its the farthest away, but this new gym is soooo nice.
  26. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Feast- partial overview


    After the 3 days of rest, the first order of business in the Feast phase is a series of workouts to determine 1RM on bench press. There is an ordered way this should happen based on 5 workouts that include bench press, squats, and 2 EDT blocks. An EDT block is a pair of antagonistic exercises done for a speciific number of supersets, with the ongoing goal to beat the total number of reps in the last workout. This all takes a little planning and lots of notetaking.



    First workout results to follow.
  27. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Feast workout #1


    I decided to make the trek up Gold's today. First workout there. I warmed up with 11 minutes on the treadmill, then went into the free weight area. It was great! Lots of equipment, nothing broken or out of order.
    I took plenty of warmup sets and knocked out my working sets on bench and squats (and the stretch position moves).
    Now here is my fail: I should have done TWO EDT blocks, one upper body and one lower (ideally). I got in one good block with Hammer inc press and Hammer wide pulldown, but ran out of time for the 2nd block.
    Note- I went too light on both exercises- I need to bump each about 15% next time.

    So, first one done. I think I did great on the big moves, and I have some work to do on the EDT blocks.
  28. New Member
    fitcopforlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    77.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    I decided to make the trek up Gold's today. First workout there. I warmed up with 11 minutes on the treadmill, then went into the free weight area. It was great! Lots of equipment, nothing broken or out of order.
    I took plenty of warmup sets and knocked out my working sets on bench and squats (and the stretch position moves).
    Now here is my fail: I should have done TWO EDT blocks, one upper body and one lower (ideally). I got in one good block with Hammer inc press and Hammer wide pulldown, but ran out of time for the 2nd block.
    Note- I went too light on both exercises- I need to bump each about 15% next time.

    So, first one done. I think I did great on the big moves, and I have some work to do on the EDT blocks.
    Good job on the higher lifts, about how long excluding cardio are your w/o's with the BP taking.
  29. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by fitcopforlife View Post
    Good job on the higher lifts, about how long excluding cardio are your w/o's with the BP taking.
    These first 5 workouts should be about an hour if I hustle. I was daydreaming and BSing with an old buddy (dude dropped off the planet for a few months, and got a job at Golds the day before I joined. Very cool.) so it took me an hour and I got 3/4 of the routine.
    2 large muscle supersets, and 2 blocks of antagonistic supersets that take 15 minutes each.
  30. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Feast #2 mini update.
    Same story- late for work.
    I got in the bench and the squat. I got in both EDT blocks but still went too light on the press/row block. I figger, next time I should have it nailed.
  31. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Feast workout #2


    Today's workout was more bench press and squats. I alternated warmup sets on each, building to 1 working set of 5 reps of 255lbs on bench and 215lbs on squats.
    Yeah- I know these- especially the squat- are pretty weak. Me and squats ain't friends. I respect the movement and the myriad ways it could hurt me. So I go light and use real good form. All that being said, 5 reps was tough.

    I went back to the Hammer press and pulldown for my first EDT block. I went heavier, and still overshot the rep goal. Crap. Next time I'll go heavier (again). That should do the trick.
    I had time for the second EDT block today. I should have done a lower body block, but my arms need more work that my legs. I did seated DB hammer curls and DB skulls. Again- too light here. Like I said: next workout I should have this dialed.
  32. New Member
    fitcopforlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    77.93%

    I hate squats too. I am with you on the lighter weights and good form. It only took me one fked up back to figure I better lighten the load.
  33. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Agreed! I hate when people load the bar and use sh!t form.

    For some reason front square do not mess with my back.. Probable because I'm forced to use flawless form or I'll fall flat on my face!

  34. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by fitcopforlife View Post
    I hate squats too. I am with you on the lighter weights and good form. It only took me one fked up back to figure I better lighten the load.
    I try to use excellent form on everything. But I squat like a little girl. For one, I don't have the core strength to support heavier loads. And two, I don't wanna get hurt (again). Squats and deads just terrify me. I do them, very carefully.

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Agreed! I hate when people load the bar and use sh!t form.

    For some reason front square do not mess with my back.. Probable because I'm forced to use flawless form or I'll fall flat on my face!
    I actually like the bad form squatters. You GO bro! ROCK ON with yer 315lb squat. That 9" ROM will get you swole.

  35. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Catch up


    I am not nearly hardcore enough to train on Thanksgiving.
    But I did make up for with two sessions on Friday.

    First:
    I had my 'new member orientation' at lunch (I went back at 6PM for my Blueprint workout).
    We did a short shoulders workout and he ran through my body composition, LBM, BF, all that. Its really amazing how much of my body is blubbery fat.
    We set a few rough timeline goals, talked about cardio and nutrition. Yup- the stuff I don't like to do.
    It might be time for me to get serious about an extended fat loss plan. Right now, that means more cardio. Yay.

    Later:
    Blueprint routine about 6PM.
    I know the powerlifters in the group will scoff at my numbers, but this is the heaviest I've lifted since January.
    Worked up to 285 twice on bench and 245 for squats. Squat form was not pretty but I went to parallel.
    EDT #1 is Hammer inc press and Hammer wide row. Press was great. Hammer- I started too heavy and had to back off 30lbs mid block.
    EDT # 2 hammer DB curls and DB skulls. Curls were good, still need to go heavier on the skulls.
    And today, I am sore. This is probably the ArA kicking in, I usually don't feel a workout till 20 or so hours later. I'm feeling like 14 hours later. Whew!
  36. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    How do u like the blueprint compared to your regular training routine?

  37. Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,242
    Rep Power
    1093158
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    43.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Red face


    There is an episode of King of The Hill with Randy the Macho Man Savage and some other big dudes, and they turn Bill into a bodybuilder. Your (and my) hatred of cardio reminds me of when they all cringe and laugh when Peggy brings up doing cardio.

    I like low intensity cardio and try to go for walks daily, but that just doesnt lean me out, unfortunately.
  38. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    How do u like the blueprint compared to your regular training routine?
    I like the structure. I can plan out a specific workout with exercises and reps well in advance. It helps to have a new target every day.

    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    There is an episode of King of The Hill with Randy the Macho Man Savage and some other big dudes, and they turn Bill into a bodybuilder. Your (and my) hatred of cardio reminds me of when they all cringe and laugh when Peggy brings up doing cardio.

    I like low intensity cardio and try to go for walks daily, but that just doesnt lean me out, unfortunately.
    I'm just about ready to make the commitment to cardio to lean out a bit. I doesn't make a lot of sense to work this damn hard on the Blueprint but still be covered in this layer of fluff.
  39. New Member
    velocityrob's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  277 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    4101
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%

    'Deload' workout was yesterday. Especially tough after this restful weekend.

    Nothing spectacular to report- I did the bench and squats and one EDT. Ran short of time for my arms block. It feels great to get in a workout session before work- but I'm always pressed for time. The ONE advantage- it makes for a great sense of urgency in the gym.
    __________________
  40. New Member
    fitcopforlife's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    77.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by velocityrob View Post
    'Deload' workout was yesterday. Especially tough after this restful weekend.

    Nothing spectacular to report- I did the bench and squats and one EDT. Ran short of time for my arms block. It feels great to get in a workout session before work- but I'm always pressed for time. The ONE advantage- it makes for a great sense of urgency in the gym.
    __________________
    And when you are in a hurry it seems everyone wants to bull****.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. xfactor advanced
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 04:15 PM
  2. Angels & Demons
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 12:44 PM
  3. MAN's Blueprint as PCT Aid?
    By Jim Sadler in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 04:42 PM
  4. MAN Blueprint?
    By poison in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 11:21 AM
  5. Releasing the Demons...
    By bigpetefox in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in