ASGT

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Was lucky enough to win a tub of LG Science's AGST pre-workout supplement from their current "promotional contest"

I suck at logging so here is just a review instead.

The tub is quite big, with some neat detailing on the sides, describing how well the ingredients are suppose to work as well as the general rundown of the nutritional facts. Not too out of ordinary, appears like most of the stuff is the usual ingredients, no extra stuff like GABA or anything, very "workout minded". Overall the packaging is nice, like the semi-transparent material so you can witness as your supply is depleting. Upon opening the packaging I was greeted with a smell what I can associate with MST's Somnidren-Gh. The smell was nice...and.....earthy? Basically, did not really smell like the usual artificial synthetic flavoring smell, like Jack3d for example. This was initial reaction though, after some days of use, I have came to a conclusion that it is actually, just okay. It's nice, but nothing too special.

As for the taste, same cycle of opinions. At first it was interesting and quite tasty, but soon have to a conclusion that it is a very hit or miss. Sometimes it taste nice, but most of the time it tasted quite bad actually. Doesn't really taste like strawberries nor lemonade, the taste of the whey seems to dominate. Essentially, it taste just like a regular protein powder, just rather bland. The strawberries only really appear in form of scent and as far as the lemonade, I personally found many other supplements, like Jack3d and White Flood, to express a more tasteful and nicer smelling lemonade-variety flavoring/scent. So, initially it was neat. But right now it appears I rather just mix the powder with something else to add some form of flavor. I tried just pouring the scoops in my mouth and swooshing with water, I don't know, just don't taste that great. Usually in-mouth-pouring method results in a better experience, heck, I even took Choline straight by mouth and that is something most people frown their taste buds away.

The taste is just not that impressive, and neatness of the smell wares of pretty quickly as well.

As for the actual ingredients, I guess it appears to be quite a good blend. Mostly creatine and whey. Nothing extra like GABA, Coenzyme Q10, L-Tyrosine, etc. as the case with White Flood. I guess it has it's benefits, but I personally don't mind having some extra stuff in my supplements. If I am taking this everyday already, why not get my GABA too?

Mostly it's just proteins, which I personally am a bit indifferent about. Has stuff like whey, but the reviews for it are rather mixed. Creatine, most of other supplements add that too, so nothing particularly special here either.

Even their stimulant complex is not really impressive, Caffeine Anhydrous. Basically, just the good ol' basic caffeine. Something that you can already get from your cup of coffee, caffeine pills, or even a cup of tea. Maybe I have just been spoiled by getting most of my stimulation in forms of vitamins like B12 and the like, but I have outgrown the, "Oh, caffeine, the same stuff that comes in those energy drinks. This must definitely be good!"

And honestly, it did not even feel as much of a stimulating effect when taking the supplement. Heck, I was even able to take 3 scoops, and still had no problem with falling asleep. Sure, my tolerance might have been raised over the years, but it does not feel like much of a "Endurance and Energy". I had better experience with White Flood, Jack3d, and Universal's Shock Therapy. I understand that stimulants are not required for a good preworkout supplement, but personally feels like the caffeine is not really a good selling point for this particular product. As in, could have just been added in the general section of the nutritional facts rather than have it be labeled under "Stimulant Complex:", giving it too much credit in this particular case.

The serving sizes are nice though, about 16 grams for a scoop definitely beats Jack3d's offering and White Flood's as well with a smaller difference. But since they don't offer "Amount Per Serving" outside the general stuff, it's kind of difficult to tell how well they divided each section apart. I understand that it's a rather standard practice to keep quiet about this stuff to protect patents and such, but it would have been nice to know if, say, Whey Protein, was making up most of the stuff(I usually found that stuff to be pretty dense).

The directions for the ASGT do seem to mention using it with other LG Science products, which might explain the choice of ingredients. But it seems most of the other products that are recommended just add even more creatine, Whey Protein, and Amino Acid that are already present in this preworkout supplement. It seems that you might as well just increase the dose for ASGT, and you cover most of the stuff that is in the "Superhero Stack". Or better yet, just buy bulk of creatine and whey protein and mix it with any other other preworkout on the market to mimic ASGT, but that is probably getting into patent legal issues :nana:

Simply put, it's a nice product, which I am assuming you some how win if you actually add up the cost of all the stuff together. But honestly, it seems like it mostly a creatine and Whey Protein blend, nothing really out of ordinary nor something that is really setting it self apart from other stuff.

The pricing is nice however, especially when noting the serving size. But once, again you don't know how much of the ingredients is what, so you could essentially be paying for mostly protein. And even more protein if you follow their directions and use the "Superhero Stack".

Essentially, I give this product a:

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
I like this review, I used ASGT for about 30 straight days at about 1.5 scoops per day. I found it amazing the first few days then about a week in I noticed it didn't affect me stimulation wise. Strength wise I enjoyed it and price wise it is great, but I prefer something like superpump 250, NO shotgun, or white flood if were talking over the course of the tub

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like this review, I used ASGT for about 30 straight days at about 1.5 scoops per day. I found it amazing the first few days then about a week in I noticed it didn't affect me stimulation wise. Strength wise I enjoyed it and price wise it is great, but I prefer something like superpump 250, NO shotgun, or white flood if were talking over the course of the tub
It's funny you say that because most user feedback suggests you only feel it after week 1..:think:

And the pSARMs are probably responsible for the strength gains.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you forgot all about the-
adaptogenic complex
xeno-estrogen control complex
psarm complex

wow-asgt is much more than protein and creatine with some caffeine thrown in.

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
adaptogenic complex
psarm complex

Exactly, I made a lot of PRs on ASGT..

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
It's funny you say that because most user feedback suggests you only feel it after week 1..:think:

And the pSARMs are probably responsible for the strength gains.
That is just how I felt personally, I actually still love ASGT, just like superpump more. ASGT is a better value though, and superpump I felt gave me too much of a pump

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Regardless of it you liked AS-GT or not, we appreciate your honest feedback. I will say that AS-GT is a lot more than creatine and whey protein; actually I wouldn't call hydrolyzed amino acids whey protein at all (and you are not talking about a lot in each scoop).

In regards to the stimulant complex, it is a combo of caffeine and synephrine. The smooth, crash free energy was the goal of the product, that is why you aren't seeing geranium in it or some other exotic stims seen in some of the new pre-workouts. Also, it was meant to be able to be taken at night and allow you to sleep; not bad for a product with around 150 mgs of caffeine in each scoop.

As for taste, you are not the first to say it is hard to place what exactly it tastes like... who knows, maybe there is an updated flavor coming out soon that will change that.

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Superpump 250 is a joke IMO..
ASGT beats it hands down..

I dont get a pre workout for taste...
And the pumps were ok at best with superpump..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Regardless of it you liked AS-GT or not, we appreciate your honest feedback. I will say that AS-GT is a lot more than creatine and whey protein; actually I wouldn't call hydrolyzed amino acids whey protein at all (and you are not talking about a lot in each scoop).

In regards to the stimulant complex, it is a combo of caffeine and synephrine. The smooth, crash free energy was the goal of the product, that is why you aren't seeing geranium in it or some other exotic stims seen in some of the new pre-workouts. Also, it was meant to be able to be taken at night and allow you to sleep; not bad for a product with around 150 mgs of caffeine in each scoop.

As for taste, you are not the first to say it is hard to place what exactly it tastes like... who knows, maybe there is an updated flavor coming out soon that will change that.
actually adding geranium would defeat the nice boost in libido i get from asgt. if i want more stim effect i just pop a couple of rpm's-i feel there is some good synergy between rpm and asgt.

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
Please let this be the case. I love what it does for my workouts but not a fan of the taste or the grit at the bottom of the glass. I power through the taste due to the performance!

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Is it just me or does powder seem to have trouble getting dissolved. I seem to find some layer always settling at the top of the glass, often times odd tasting and a bit thick compared to what dissolves fine below.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And honestly, it did not even feel as much of a stimulating effect when taking the supplement. Heck, I was even able to take 3 scoops, and still had no problem with falling asleep.
LOL. Did everyone else miss this part? Oh crap, he took his pre workout drink and did not have his sleep disturbed. What kind of blasphemy is this?! I demand LG Sciences to overload me with stimulants so I can't fall asleep forever AND THEN ILL TRAIN FOREVER MUAAHAHAHHA.

I'm sorry, I guess the absurdity of that remark made me go insane. Honestly, ASGT is one of THE most QUALITY products I've ever used. It has a unique blend of ingredients and is incredibly well priced. It provides some of the fastest digesting proteins one can get while maintaining my energy throughout an hour long workout. Kudos, I think this products deserves a few more remarks of why it's excellent.

And the taste is great. Yes, the last bit will taste gritty (because it is gritty) but who cares. It doesn't have a fake chemical taste and I'm down with that.

mikaveli06

mikaveli06

Awards
  • Established
adaptogenic complex
psarm complex

I agree with this....not a jack3d type of rush or energy but smooth and nice strength gains from this....i personally would like a lil more stimulant so i just take a caffeine pill and anadraulic pump and its go-time

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
LOL. Did everyone else miss this part? Oh crap, he took his pre workout drink and did not have his sleep disturbed. What kind of blasphemy is this?! I demand LG Sciences to overload me with stimulants so I can't fall asleep forever AND THEN ILL TRAIN FOREVER MUAAHAHAHHA.
Heh, well I meant more in terms of using it in the morning, when I might not be awake as I want to and I just want that extra push. Maybe it's just me, I have no experience with "non-stimulant" preworkout supplements, so that is probably why I am a bit caught off guard with ASGT, one's again it is probably just me.

Plus I have been a fan of using preworkout supplements for deep night studying and such, which is probably a reason I am not experiencing too much excitement over most of the complexes in this supplement, that suppose to compliment the actual results of the workout.

I admit it, I am still a noob. :nana:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree with this....not a jack3d type of rush or energy but smooth and nice strength gains from this....i personally would like a lil more stimulant so i just take a caffeine pill and anadraulic pump and its go-time
i haven't tried anadrauliuc pump-yet. but i tell ya, asgt/rpm is fantastic.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
i haven't tried anadrauliuc pump-yet. but i tell ya, asgt/rpm is fantastic.
I tried a sample of RPM, and it was probably the only supplement that actually made me feel rather uncomfortable. (Properly dosed and everything). Still was quite a nice product though, will have to give it a more proper use.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heh, well I meant more in terms of using it in the morning, when I might not be awake as I want to and I just want that extra push. Maybe it's just me, I have no experience with "non-stimulant" preworkout supplements, so that is probably why I am a bit caught off guard with ASGT, one's again it is probably just me.

Plus I have been a fan of using preworkout supplements for deep night studying and such, which is probably a reason I am not experiencing too much excitement over most of the complexes in this supplement, that suppose to compliment the actual results of the workout.

I admit it, I am still a noob. :nana:
Did I just read that you put AS-GT in the non-stimulant category of pre-workouts. That has to be a first, 1 scoop has around 150 mgs of caffeine in it, I highly doubt that falls under the non-stimulant category. The fact it has aminos and carbs in it are more than likley responsible for why you don't get such a huge stim rush from it. If 3 scoops does not give you anything, there is more in play here then the stimulant complex in AS-GT. Some products effect you differently but that much caffeine and synephrine will wake you up no matter what your tolerance is. :think:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did I just read that you put AS-GT in the non-stimulant category of pre-workouts. That has to be a first, 1 scoop has around 150 mgs of caffeine in it, I highly doubt that falls under the non-stimulant category. The fact it has aminos and carbs in it are more than likley responsible for why you don't get such a huge stim rush from it. If 3 scoops does not give you anything, there is more in play here then the stimulant complex in AS-GT. Some products effect you differently but that much caffeine and synephrine will wake you up no matter what your tolerance is. :think:
plus the fact that he seems to be using asgt as a 'study aid', lol. no wonder he is not impressed.....

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Just don't take it with Lean EFX!!! Jittery, nausea, light headed. Didn't even workout.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Regular old soda has caffeine in it, same with a cup of coffee or tea. It's hard not to find something that does not already have caffeine in it. And 150mgs is nothing too impressive, you can get that in a couple cups of regular brewed tea.

That's why I mentioned my meh about it being the highlight of the product, because it's nothing special. I most likely get the same amount of caffeine or even more everyday simply by drinking tea.

:/

naturalgainer

naturalgainer

Awards
  • Established
I actually really liked ASGT and am glad the stimulants in it did not crack me out! it was a good steady energy!

nerdalert

Awards
I hate the taste and smell of asgt, but there is no denying that it works. I wish it did taste and mix better but to get the results that I do from it I will choke it down.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
It's not too bad, I still kind of prefer White Flood's, Jack3d's, etc. more "in your face" energy. A dose of that and you are sent flying.

ASGT seems more dependent on your overall state for that particular moment. For example, if I was to have little amount of sleep this past night, ASGT will do little to none to fix that, same goes with mood, etc. However, if you are already in a well rested and good mood, then sure I could definitely feel a good sense of energy and feeling of pumped, almost like I was taking WF or Jack3d. Which is a bit annoying if you are body's status is not in some constant norm, so to speak, lol.

It's not bad product in the end. I guess just depends on what your daily routine is like.

As for the taste...It literally feels like it got worse and worse as I went along. I remember the first time I took it, it was almost odd and interesting,

"What is this interesting tasting and smelling stuff"

"This is not what supplements usually smell like, where is the fruity flavor?!"

And as I progressed with each day it, rather quickly, turned to,

"Why the hell are my taste buds going haywire every time I take the usual 3 scoops"

Once it reaches the stomach it's fine, but the initial intake has become rather disappointing. The taste of the strawberries still seem non-existent, so now it's a battle between lemonade, which here tastes acidic and not really flavorful, and some other flavor I am always getting a taste of which also tastes acidic. Also the taste of whey seems to get squeeze in their as well.

I find that mixing this stuff in a glass with water or whatever actually makes the stuff taste worse than if I just pour the powder in my mouth and mix it there.

Essentially it has to be one of the worst tasting pre-workout supplement I have every took.

I do want to mention though that I don't expect that things need to be overloaded with synthetic flavors, sugar, etc. I am okay if it's not some super fruity koolaid flavor. So essentially I can compare ASGT with a powder like ginkgo biloba, choline, racetam, etc. and many other plain, non-flavored, powders, and I remember that even they taste better.

Sorry for what appears to be an overly negative review. :(

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
no mention of how workouts went???

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
no mention of how workouts went???
I felt the same way at first. After a tub, a bought another one. Now, even if I don't use it as a primary, I will add it into the stack. I am convinced it makes my workouts better and I beat PR's with it. I wanted to not like it, had decided I did not like it, but was too cheap of a man to let it go to waste. Bottom line: After a tub, a bought another one because I noticed a difference that I hadn't seen with other pwo's. Plan on buying more again too.

KashMoni

KashMoni

Awards
Sorry for what appears to be an overly negative review. :(
Well at least you're honest, so respect.

But as far as energy is concerned, everyone is different and I'm personally trying to go low on the stims, so any pwo that doesn't just throw a crap load of caffeine and 1,3 dimeth together gets my attention and makes me want to read the rest of the ingredients :lol:

I'm currently using ASGT for the first time and plan to either log/or do a review along with the Natabolic stack. I've basically used it for 3 days.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I can respect Noot's honesty. I'll say at age 21 I loved the over aggressive highs and maybe thats what hes looking for. At my current age, I like a more directed focused energy and ASGT provides that.

When I do wanna shake things up, I do combine ASGT with a 1 scoop o Jacked/White flood myself, but ASGT is a staple PWO for me.

All products dont cater to everyones liking, just the way it rolls.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can respect Noot's honesty. I'll say at age 21 I loved the over aggressive highs and maybe thats what hes looking for. At my current age, I like a more directed focused energy and ASGT provides that.

When I do wanna shake things up, I do combine ASGT with a 1 scoop o Jacked/White flood myself, but ASGT is a staple PWO for me.

All products dont cater to everyones liking, just the way it rolls.
all the high powered stim preworkouts seem to loose some effectiveness over time, adding in a scoop of asgt gives it some of the bite back. it is so cheap that i always have some around.