1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

**** Better Protein Bar Review

Here's my review for **** - Better Protein Bar.

The general nutrition profile is like this:
    calories 414
    total fat 21g (95% omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids)
    saturated fats 4g
    trans fat 0g
    cholesterol 40mg
    sodium 136mg
    total carbohydrates 36g
    dietary fiber 4g
    sugar 24g (mostly from honey)
    protein 26g

Now, before I give my review, I want to say I did some playing around with the mixture because I'm on a diet. I substituted the honey with SF syrup. I added the exact amount of SF Syrup as was called for honey, but this seemed to be to much syrup as it made the consistency a little on the gooey side, so I added some cinnamon and choc. protein pwdr to thicken it up a little more.

I found the mixing of the ingredients very easy, and really enjoyed the no baking part. Just mix and refrigerate. It doesn't get any easier than that. I guess the hardest part in the mixing was getting the mixed up batch into a pan to form bars. The mixture was very sticky so it took some work to actually get the mixture off my hands and into the pan. I had to ask my wife for some advice to getting this done (I don't cook) and she suggested just putting a little water on my hands and then try pressing the mixture out. This technique worked, a little water and I was able to press the mixture into a 9x11 pan. I refrigerated the mixture for an 1hour then took out and cut into 12 bars.

Now I can eat just about anything and be satisfied, so I wasn't surprised that I really liked the taste. It was butter toffee and the bars tasted just like it. What I liked about it, was the dried cranberries and raisins. It really gave the bars a nice trail mix type taste. The combo of the butter-tofee mixture and dried fruit seemd to make a flavor explosion in your mouth (hmmm, non-homo type of way )

Now, the biggest props I can give **** is I had my wife try it. She hasn't like anything I made before (protein bars, shakes etc...) and pretty much gags anytime I have her try different flavors of proteins. So, like always I ask her to try one of the bars and she flat out said NO. My wife is a nurse, and I think her exact words were "I'm not eating that crap, it look's like something I have to clean up on one of my 80 year old patients". But I didn't take no for an answer and pretty much stuffed it in her mouth. To my surprise (and her's as well) she said she liked it. We went hiking over the weekend, and my wife even told me to bring the protien bars with us so we can eat for some energy. Not only that, but she wanted to know who made this stuff because she wanted to buy some. She said she's been trying to find something that she liked that she could snack on at work (12 hour shifts) that was healthy and filling and this fit the bill perfectly.

So, with all of that, I guess the overall reivew is positive because I will be purchasing some Better Protein Bars for both me and my wife.

Nice job ****, you have a winner with this mixture.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.95%

Nice review. I made my first batch last night and they taste delicious, just not as well formed as I would have like. Wish I knew about the wet hands trick; I'll be using that on my next batch.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%

Quote Originally Posted by jaymode View Post
    Nice review. I made my first batch last night and they taste delicious, just not as well formed as I would have like. Wish I knew about the wet hands trick; I'll be using that on my next batch.
    LOL, yeah I had no idea how I was going to get the stuff formed out in the pan. It must be something pretty well known for those that actually cook cause my wife gave me one of those "your a dumbass" looks when I asked
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil View Post
    LOL, yeah I had no idea how I was going to get the stuff formed out in the pan. It must be something pretty well known for those that actually cook cause my wife gave me one of those "your a dumbass" looks when I asked
    lol

I use the power butter and organic honey in mine.

My favorite flavor is chocolate raspberry.

BPB's are by far the best protein bars out. Bar None.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.64%

great review here I might have to look into this product
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.95%

Quote Originally Posted by bludevil View Post
    Tried wetting the hands when forming and was amazed at how well that worked. I have been getting that "your a dumbass" look a lot lately.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%

Quote Originally Posted by jaymode View Post
    Tried wetting the hands when forming and was amazed at how well that worked. I have been getting that "your a dumbass" look a lot lately.
    LOL, glad my embarrasment could help a fellow brother out. Yeah, it doesn't take much for me to get that look too. My problem is I usually respond with a eat sh#t and die look which means I get laid a lot less
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Awesome Review! The bars do taste amazing! I want to try the combo they got with the powerbutter and Choc beef aminos
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.49%

Great review bud!

I'm glad you & your wife both like them
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.17%

Quote Originally Posted by EX **** WORKE
    TWO THINGs wrong with this guy...who want to take a supplement from a fat slob like him and also I PERSONALLY saw him wipe up his itchen floor and workshop to get more pounndage to put into his products. there was lint, old food animal droppings and saw dust. He shook it all up and said, "Nobody will ever know as long as I get my GREEN in my pocket , right!"

This was how he runs his business, just beware of what you are getting bc honestly, who honestly thinks tha tthe guy whop makes good supps is fat overweight and lazy.

DONT BUY from h im bc you might get sick! JUst a concerned EX-WORKER! I have MORALS so I quit. I put people over PROFITS, HE DOESNT~!
    Yo idiot...get lost already!!!
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protein Balls - **** Better Protein Bars reviewed
    By steam in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 05:38 AM
  2. MidwestBeast's **** Better Protein Bar Review (sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 08:56 PM
  3. **** Better Protein Bar Reviews?
    By TheDarkHalf in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 09:55 AM
  4. Review of Muscle Replenisher from ****
    By jbryand101b in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 06:30 PM