Muoio117's journey with X-Factor Advanced (sponsored)

Muoio117

Awards
Okay guys. I just want to thank Molecular Nutrition for the opportunity to log their product. Thanks for choosing me!

I was going to start the X-Factor tomorrow before my workout but I'm having issues retrieving it from my mail box at my apartment complex. The complex locks the freaking mail box room on the weekend so shipments that arrive late Friday or anytime Saturday can't be retrieved until the following Monday after 8:00 am. Now that wouldn't be that big of an issue but I workout at 8:00 am. So, that means I can't use X-Factor preworkout tomorrow but I will still dose it later in the day. There's the story.

Now for a little about X-Factor:

Clinically tested at Baylor University for safety and effectiveness, Molecular Nutrition's Anabolic X-Factor™ is the world's first patented hypertrophic catalyst. By enhancing the storage of arachidonic acid in exercised muscles, X-Factor drastically amplifies the body's sensitivity and responsiveness to resistance training. This means faster and more profound increases in muscle size, strength, even the rate of lipolysis (fat loss). Clinical trials at the Exercise & Sport Nutrition Lab at Baylor University have demonstrated remarkable increases in muscle strength (44% > placebo), peak muscle power (600% > placebo), average power (223% > placebo), and anaerobic endurance (250% > placebo) with 50 days of X-Factor supplementation. Having passed the ultimate test of clinical investigation and peer-review, X-Factor joins the elite ranks of a select few clinically proven ergogenic agents.

How To Take X-Factor™

Dosage/Administration: As a dietary supplement, take 3-4 capsules per day. The capsules should be taken with meals, and are best divided into 3 or 4 separate applications (1 capsule, 3-4 times per day). Take for 50 days, followed by a break of at least 50 days.

Add Protein/Calories: Because X-Factor intensifies protein turnover in exercised muscles, you may need to increase your total daily protein and calorie intake in order to gain significant muscle bulk. This often falls in the range of a 500-1000 calorie per day increase.

Reported Side Effects: Users may notice higher than normal levels of muscle soreness in the days following workouts. This is a sign that X-Factor is intensifying the body's normal response to weight training. Other side effects occasionally reported include oily skin and mild acne.

Typical Gains:

•Increased lean muscle mass gains
•Increased body fat loss
•Increase in muscle strength and endurance
•Intense and long lasting muscle pumps
Stacks: X-Factor stacks well with a variety of anabolic, thermogenic, and endurance-promoting supplements, including creatine, arginine, and other cell volumizers.

Contrary to the dosing instructions, I will be taking 2 capsules a day for 50 days. MN wants to show how economical their product can be. Since I got it for free I will do everything they tell me :)

As stated earlier, I will begin the product tomorrow, though sadly it must be sometime after my workout. I workout three days a week at the moment. The exact days change depending on how I feel.

Btw, I started this log in another section and just copied and pasted it here.

Muoio117

Awards
I did my first workout yesterday and I started taking my XFA. I didn't get to feel the effects of the XFA during the workout because I had to taken it afterwards to do apartment mail difficulties.

Right now my workouts are focusing on increasing my max through HIT on two major lifts (bench and squat) along with some weighted stretching movements supersetted. Other supersets are also included. The major lifts rep ranges will change in every workout until i've worked up to my one rep max. It's hard to explain but just follow along to find out what I mean.

HIT superset:

Bench: 185 - 1 x 10

DB Pullovers: 55 - 1 x 8

Other superset:

Incline DB Press: 65 - 3 x 8, 8, 8

T-bar row (unsupported): 160 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

HIT superset:

Squat: 165 - 1 x 10

SLDL: 175 - 1 x 8

Other superset:

Deadlift: 205 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

Leg Press: 360 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

You may be looking at this and thinking "what the heck is this idiot doing?". I know this is a weird setup, but I can almost guarantee gains because I've never done something like this before and my friend has seen good results on a similar plan. This current setup with only go for about two weeks afterwhich I will transition into a more traditional method (based more around hypertrophy) using my new max as its foundation. Bear with me, please.

Plus, with XFA in my stack I can further guarentee results. I can't weight until my next workout when I'll be able to dose XFA preworkout for the first time :)

Muoio117

Awards
Awesome workout today. I got some PR's.

HIT superset:

Bench: 205 - 1 x 4 +20 lbs (got 5 with help of spotter)

DB Pullovers: 65 - 1 x 6

Other superset:

Incline DB Press: 65 - 3 x 8, 8, 8

T-bar row (unsupported): 160 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

HIT superset:

Squat: 185 - 1 x 6 +20 lbs

SLDL: 185 - 1 x 8 +20 lbs

Other superset:

Deadlift: 215 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

Leg Press: 380 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

So I got some crazy PR's today. I think this new program is really working for me. I didn't feel much from XFA, but I'm not sure how long it should take. I've heard that on 4/day people start really feeling it in 20-30 days. So I'm not expecting a lot right off the bat, but I'm hoping it will get better as time goes on.

Muoio117

Awards
Another great day of heavy weights! I dosed 2 caps of XFA preworkout and I think I may be noticing some results. It could be placebo, but I could have sworn that my chest got abnormally pumped for doing such a low rep set on the bench. When I got to the DB Inclines my shoulders started getting pumped too. It was definitely a lot of fun in the gym today :) I love pumping up without purposely trying to.

HIT superset:

Bench: 215 - 1 x 2

DB Pullovers: 65 - 1 x 6 My shoulders were bugging me a little so I didn't raise weight on this exercise

Other superset:

Incline DB Press: 70 - 3 x 6, 6, 6 +5lbs

T-bar row (unsupported): 165 - 3 x 6, 6, 6 +5lbs

HIT superset:

Squat: 195 - 1 x 2

SLDL: 195 - 1 x 3

Other superset:

RDL: 225 - 3 x 6, 6, 6+5lbs

Leg Press: 390 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

As you can see, I've managed to improve in some areas again. I did very low reps today, which I've never done before, so I can't really signify those weights as PR's because I've never attempted a lift at such a low rep range. I think I've improved on everything, but I don't want mislabel my own log just because I'm excited. Time will tell if I'm really improving as fast as I feel I am. Once again, I'd like to thank Molecular Nutrition and their awesome reps for choosing me to do this log. I'm loving it!

Muoio117

Awards
Dosing another two caps today. One in morning and one later in the day. I working out again tomorrow so I'll be sure to dose 2 about one hour preworkout. Looking forward to it :)

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Dosing another two caps today. One in morning and one later in the day. I working out again tomorrow so I'll be sure to dose 2 about one hour preworkout. Looking forward to it :)
Great notes so far, can't wait to see how the added dose will work for you.

Muoio117

Awards
Took 2 caps preworkout today and then did:

HIT superset:

Bench: 200 - 1 x 8 + 2 reps

DB Pullovers: 65 - 1 x 8

Other superset:

Incline DB Press: 75 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

T-bar row (unsupported): 165 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

HIT superset:

Squat: 185 - 1 x 8 +2 reps

SLDL: 185 - 1 x 8 +2 reps

So today I felt pretty tired. I think I should have rested another day. It was a struggle getting through the workout. As you can see, I even skipped the second "other superset" block because I knew I couldn't make it through. I didn't want to risk injuring my back during deadlifts because of being tired. I've felt this way before; it's a prelude to overtraining. Therefore, I've decided to take at least 2 days off before my next workout, but most likely I'll take 3 days off just to be sure. I want to get a good 1RM, which will occur during my next workout, and I think the extra rest day (3 total) will be beneficial.

Effects of XFA:

I've noticed I get more pumped even while not trying to get pumped. I mean, at the moment my workouts aren't geared towards pumping up. Next week it will change. But the point is that I get pumps in the heavy sets where I normally wouldn't. It's nothing too drastic at the moment, but I only expect it to get better. I also get sore even with taking BCAA's and Glutamine. Usually this is not the case. It must be working.

Muoio117

Awards
Great notes so far, can't wait to see how the added dose will work for you.
It worked decently well. It wasn't drastic or anything, but like I've said before, my current workouts aren't geared towards volume. Next week I'm going to change it up into more of a loading pattern where volume will be higher. I expect XFA to shine.

Muoio117

Awards
Well, tomorrow I will rest another day. Friday I will be back in the gym. I'm taking a few extra rest days because I plan on maxing on two lifts (squat and bench) on Friday, so I want to be sure to allow myself ample time for a complete recovery. Workouts following Friday will be more volume, which is what I'm really looking forward to. I'm excited to feel what XFA can do during a more volume based workout.

Muoio117

Awards
Took 2 caps preworkout today and then did:

HIT superset:

Bench: 225 - 1 RM + awesomeness!

DB Pullovers: 70 - 1 x 5 +5lbs

Other superset:

Incline DB Press: 75 - 3 x 8, 8, 8 +2 reps/set

T-bar row (unsupported): 165 - 3 x 7, 7, 7 +1 rep/set

HIT superset:

Squat: 215 - 1 RM

SLDL: 205 - 1 x 5 +10 lbs

I had a good workout today. I never realized maxing took so long. I've never done it before today. I didn't manage to get in the superset after my squat/sldl superset, again. I had class so I ran out of time due to my ignorance of maxing duration. The bench max was awesome for me. I've always wanted to get up to 2 plates; now I've done it. What really surprises me over and over again is that my squat is weaker than my bench. It's pretty sad. But I'm definitely working on getting it up there. I got 215. I tried for 220 but I failed miserably. I'm definitely ready for more volume next week. I'm taking the weekend off and I'll be back in the gym on Monday.

Effects of XFA:

I didn't actually notice much. Most of my sets were very low rep sets so it's not surprising. Like I've been saying, I can't wait until I test out XFA on a more volume based routine. Monday should be pretty awesome :)

Muoio117

Awards
Another 2 caps preworkout today :D

Superset #1:

Bench: 115, 125, 140, 150, 165, 175 - 6 x 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

DB Pullovers: 50, 55, 60, 65, 65, 65 - 6 x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Superset #2:

Smith Military Press: 135 - 4 x 6, 6, 6, 5

Pull-ups: BW - 4 x 6, 6, 6, 6

Superset #3:

HS Incline Press: 80/side - 4 x 6, 6, 6, 5

T-bar row (supported): 115 - 4 x 6, 6, 6, 6

Superset #4:

Skullcrushers: 75 - 3 x 6, 6, 6

BB Curls: 75 - 3 x 8, 8, 8

I had an awesome workout today. I've always loved higher volume workouts. I just did the HIT as a quick shock to my body since I had never done it before. Now I'm doing more of a loading pattern. And boy did I feel the pumps today. They were definitely noticeable. My chest felt HUGE even though it obviously isn't (6' 1" and 180 lbs....., lol). I think I'm starting to like this XFA. Now I wish I could up the dose and see what I feel then. I guess I'm greedy ;)

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps!

Muoio117

Awards
I'm really sore today. I guess that's a good thing. I haven't been this sore in a really long time.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm really sore today. I guess that's a good thing. I haven't been this sore in a really long time.
I love that effect about X Factor. Time and time again experiences trainers have noted that soreness is a great indicator of hypertrophy.

Muoio117

Awards
I love that effect about X Factor. Time and time again experiences trainers have noted that soreness is a great indicator of hypertrophy.
Hypertrophy is what it's all about. I really am excited to see how this feels as the days go on. I've also upped my calories about 100 per day. I'm hoping this will help with new muscle growth. That means I'm now eating 3400 cals on workout days and 2800 cals on non-workout day. I have to eat so freaking much just to grow a little...I guess I shouldn't complain. Some people wish they could do that ;)

Muoio117

Awards
I'm definitely liking this X-Factor Advanced. It makes the workouts twice as fun and adds to my results.

Superset #1:

Squat: 110, 115, 130, 140, 150, 170 - 6 x 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

SLDL: 135, 155, 175, 185, 195, 195 - 6 x 8, 8, 8, 8, 6, 6

Superset #2:

Leg Extensions: 140 - 4 x 10, 10, 10, 10

Leg Curls: 90 - 4 x 10, 10, 9, 8

Superset #3:

RDL: 225 - 2 x 6, 6

Leg Press: 360 - 2 x 8, 8

Calves:

Calf Raise Machine: 375, 405, 435, 450 - 4 x 10, 10, 10, 8

Today was another great workout. I got some pretty cool leg pumps. I love this volume routine combine with X-factor. The squats and leg extensions gave me the biggest pumps, but the other exercises contributed as well. It was just awesome. I can't wait until Saturday since it'll be another upper body day. I'm excited to feel my chest get pumped again!

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Agreed the upper body pumps are fun as hell, but something about those ArA leg pumps that are outstanding.

Muoio117

Awards
I once again had a lot of fun at the gym. I had pumps again. They weren't enormous, but they were there, and I liked them. Someday I'll compare this half dose I'm currently taking to the full dose of 4 caps/day. As for now, I'm happy to be on this product at all. I definitely get very sore from it. My legs are still sore from Thursday's workout and my upper body is still tight/sore from yesterday's workout. A good about being sore is if I try a new exercise I can learn where exactly I'm being hit. The sorest spot is the spot I just killed with the new exercise. So this XFA help me understand exactly where my muscles are being targeted and it allows me to have fun while doing it. Man I tell you, my chest felt pretty awesome yesterday :)

Anyway, here is what I did yesterday. This is my second upper body workout for my current loading pattern.

Superset #1:

Bench: 115, 140, 150, 165, 175, 190 - 6 x 10, 8, 6, 6, 6, 5* ...my spotter helped me get 6 on this set, but I only count 5

DB Pullovers: 50, 55, 60, 65, 65, 65 - 6 x 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Superset #2:

Smith Military Press: 135 - 4 x 8, 8, 8, 7 ~+2 reps/set

Pull-ups: BW - 4 x 7, 7, 7, 6 ~+1 rep/set

Superset #3:

HS Incline Press: 80/side - 4 x 8, 8, 7, 6 +1 rep/set

T-bar row (supported): 115 - 4 x 8, 8, 7, 8 +2 reps/set

Superset #4:

Skullcrushers: 75 - 3 x 8, 8, 6 ~+2 reps/set

BB Curls: 75 - 3 x 10, 10, 8 ~+2 reps/set

As you can see, I've made some improvements on some of my supersets. I don't mark improvements on the bench because I've bench that weight before but now I'm doing it in a different style, making it much more difficult. I'm used to straight sets, but this loading pattern calls for a different method. Anyway, just a few weeks ago (4 to be exact) I wouldn't have been able to do more than 185x5 even if I just did one set. So I'm definitely improving, I just don't know how to mark it.

Well, tomorrow is another lower body workout. I hope to feel some great pumps during my squats. I'm definitely looking forward to it :)

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps!

Muoio117

Awards
Well I had another pumped up workout today ;)

Superset #1:

Squat: 110, 130, 140, 155, 170, 185 - 6 x 10, 8, 6, 6, 6, 5

SLDL: 135, 155, 175, 185, 195, 205 - 6 x 8, 8, 8, 8, 6, 6

Superset #2:

Leg Extensions: 150 - 4 x 10, 10, 10, 10 +10lbs

Leg Curls: 100 - 4 x 8, 8, 8, 8 +10lbs

Calves:

Sitting Calf Raise Machine: 90 - 3 x 10, 10, 10

Random Ab Stuff

My quads felt awesome today. The squats pumped my legs up and then those freaking extensions really stretched out my skin. It was some good stuff! There not much more I can say. All I do is continue to say the same thing. But that's okay, because that "same thing" is always so dang exciting.

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps

Muoio117

Awards
Not much to say today. Today is an off day so I'm taking one cap in the morning and one at night. I thought I'd be sore today, but my legs don't really feel that bad. My calves are a little sore, but that's about it. My upper body is still kind of sore from Saturday's workout. I guess my lower body just recovers faster at the moment. Well, my next workout will be on Thursday where I will do another round of skin stretching upper body :D

Muoio117

Awards
Alright, so today I've started to cut back my calories. I'm actually beginning to cut. I didn't think I would cut for a while, but it's been 6 months since my last cut and I've put on a good amount of fat. Since I've started to lower my cals, I've shortened my workout to 1 hr as to not raise cortisol too much. I basically just cut out my last superset.

Superset #1:

Bench: 115, 150, 165, 175, 190, 205 - 6 x 10, 8, 6, 4, 4, 3 ...I died on the last set, couldn't get in 4
DB Pullovers: 50, 55, 60, 65, 65, 65 - 6 x 10, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Superset #2:

Smith Military Press: 135 - 4 x 10, 10, 9, 8 ~+2 reps/set

Pull-ups: BW - 4 x 8, 8, 8, 7 ~+1 rep/set

Superset #3:

HS Incline Press: 80/side - 4 x 10, 10, 9, 8 +1 rep/set

T-bar row (supported): 115 - 4 x 10, 10, 9, 9 +1 reps/set

So I thought that since I started cutting my cals yesterday that I wouldn't have as good of a pump today. Well I was definitely wrong. This XFA is truly awesome. I'm not just saying this stuff because it's a sponsored log. I wouldn't lie to my audience. During my workout today my chest and back felt swole. I'm loving it more and more. I look forward to each workout just because of the great pumps I get. And this is only on 2 caps/day. I look forward to seeing how XFA will help my cut up now.

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell ya, that XFA pump is huge even when cutting.

Muoio117

Awards
So today I completely forgot to take XFA preworkout. I was pretty annoyed when I was in the gym and I rememberded. Nevertheless, I had an awesome workout. Since the arachidonic acid has already saturated my muscles I still managed to get an awesome pump. It took a little longer to get it going, but by the end of my workout my quads were pretty stretched :D

Superset #1:

Squat: 110, 140, 155, 170, 185, 195 - 6 x 10, 8, 6, 4, 4, 5

SLDL: 155, 175, 185, 195, 205, 215 - 6 x 8, 8, 8, 6, 6, 6

Superset #2:

Leg Extensions: 160 - 4 x 10, 10, 10, 10 +10lbs

Leg Curls: 100 - 4 x 10, 10, 8, 7 +10lbs

Calves:

Sitting Calf Raise Machine: 90 - 3 x 12, 12, 12 + rest-pause

15 minutes of moderate cardio (7.5 mph) on treadmill

Today is my 3rd day of cutting and my energy levels are still through the roof, but only in the gym. I pumped out those squats just like I was still bulking. I mean I don't expect too much suffering so early on anyway. I was just surprised I was able to get an extra rep in on my last set of squats (5 vs. 4). Even when my muscles felt like they would normally be giving out, they didn't this time. I could push through the normal stopping points, which is obviously amazing. Everytime I'm in the gym I know I'll be making improvement because I'm on an awesome program taking an awesome supplement. I can't wait until Monday now...

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps
- Increased endurance
- Greater strength

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Man killer squats, great review on the XFA. Seems to be working perfectly for you and all of the others logging it.

Muoio117

Awards
So this week I've decided to keep two of my workout days based off the loading pattern and add in two other days where I hit muscle groups not directly hit on those loading pattern days. Yesterday I did shoulders. I would have updated this yesterday but my computer was having internet connection issues and I literally couldn't connect until about 20 minutes ago. Anyway, here is my workout for yesterday.

Superset #1:

DB Shoulder Presses: 60 - 3 x 8, 8, 7

Abs "hyperextension" w/ DB: 45 - 3, 12, 12, 12 ..I don't know how else to describe this exercise...

Superset #2:

DB Lateral Raises: 25 - 3 x 10, 10, 10

Cable Crunches: 150 - 3 x 15, 15, 15

Superset:

Rope Cable Rear Delt pull: 90 - 3 x 12, 12, 12

DB Shrugs: 95 - 3 x 12, 12, 12

15 minutes of moderate cardio (7.5 mph) on treadmill

So today I felt pretty good. I hadn't directly worked shoulders in about a month, so it felt nice to finally hit them hard. My rear delts got a nice pump, more so than the other parts of my shoulders. My strength is still up even though I'm on a moderately low-carb diet (180 on workout days and 80 on non-workout days). It's still very early on in my cut, so we'll see how it continues.

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps
- Increased endurance
- Greater strength

Muoio117

Awards
Here is my chest loading pattern day.

Superset #1:

BB Flat Bench: 115, 165, 175, 190, 205, 220 - 6 x 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 ...* spotter helped me get 2

DB Pullovers: 50, 60, 65, 70, 70 - 6 x 10, 8, 8, 8, 6, 6

Superset #2:

BB Incline Bench: 145 - 4 x 6, 6, 6, 6 ...My chest was completely drained from the heavy sets on the flat bench...

Pull-ups: BW - 4 x 9, 9, 7, 7

Superset #3:

HS Incline Press: 80/side - 4 x 7, 7, 7, 7 ...I swear, those heavy flat bench sets really weakened the rest of my workout

T-bar row (supported): 120 - 4 x 6, 6, 6, 6 +5 lbs

15 mins of moderate cardio (7.5 mph) on treadmill

I had a decent workout today. I wasn't able to improve on many exercises because those initial heavy sets really killed my strength in my chest. As you can see, the rest of my exercises following the flat bench were greatly weakened. But the whole point of this loading pattern is to increase my max. So all I really care about is getting those initial sets in real hard. What comes afterward isn't as important at the moment. Anyway, my back got a little stronger though. Those DB pullovers are becoming easier.

I had an awesome pump in my lats today. My chest didn't get so much of a pump this time, but man, my lats felt pretty big. I made sure to stretch them out really well after my workout too.

Tomorrow is an off day. Thursday will be arms and Saturday will be legs.

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps!
- Increased Endurance
- Greater Strength

Muoio117

Awards
So is the first arm's day I've done in over a month. It felt really good. I love the pump on arm's day. I managed to move the same weight I did months ago but with less rest. So improvements aren't listed as much because I didn't so much move up in weight but my rest times were shortened a good amount. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I have a midterm today so I was studying for it yesterday. I'm about to get right back to it here in a sec.

Superset #1:

CGBP: 150 - 3 x 5, 5, 5 ...* spotter helped me get 2

BB Curls: 95 - 3 x 5, 5, 5 ...I had to cheat on the last set

Superset #2:

Skullcrushers: 80 - 3 x 8, 8, 7 +2 reps/set

Incline DB Curls: 40 - 3 x 8, 8, 7 ..had to cheat on last set here too, lol.

Superset #3:

DB Overhead Ext: 50, 55, 60 - 3 x 12, 12, 10

One-arm DB Preacher Curl: 25 - 3 x 8, 8, 8

20 mins of moderate cardio (7.5 mph) on treadmill

I had an awesome pump today. By the end of my workout I couldn't touch my shoulder with it respective hand because by bicep was too pumped, lol. When I was running on the treadmill it was hard to keep my arms arm because I was fighting against the pump. I can't complain though ;)

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps!
- Increased Endurance
- Greater Strength

Muoio117

Awards
Day 37

So yesterday was an alright day. I could definitely feel the low carbs working against me here, more so on the first exercise than anywhere else.

Superset #1:

DB Shoulder Presses: 60 - 3 x 8, 8, 5 -1 rep on last set

Abs "hyperextension" w/ DB: 45 - 3 x 13, 13, 10 ...first two sets were +1 rep, I died on last set, lol

Superset #2:

DB Lateral Raises: 25 - 3 x 12, 12, 12 +2 reps/set..felt good..

Cable Crunches: 160 - 3 x 15, 15, 15 +10 lbs, same reps

Superset:

Rope Cable Rear Delt pull: 100 - 3 x 12, 12, 12 +10 lbs, same reps

DB Shrugs: 95 - 3 x 15, 15, 15 +3 reps/set

20 minutes of moderate cardio (7.5 mph) on treadmill

So my muscles felts pretty drained, but I still managed to hit some PR's on latter workouts. My body didn't feel tired, it was mostly my muscles. As soon as I realized that I understood that I needed to carb load. So I did. I decided to up my carbs to 230-250, instead of my 80 on non-workout days and 180 on workout days, for just yesterday. It wasn't an enormous jump, but I figured it would help with my workout tomorrow. I kept the calories the same, the only difference was that my macros were switched around to less fat in exchange for more protein and carbs.

Due to my lack of carbs my pumps were not as big, however, they were definitely still there, especially in the rear delts. I'm happy that my strength is staying up. I'm over 1.5 weeks into my cut at the moment. Wednesday will actually be the end of 2 weeks for me. So I'm doing very well in my book. I do believe this XFA has really helped me hang on to strength. The true test will come as the days go by. I'm still pretty early in this cut, so let's see how far XFA will take me :)

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps
- Increased endurance (a little down today, but that was due to low glycogen I believe)
- Greater strength

Day 38

Chest day is here.

Superset #1:

BB Flat Bench: 115, 170, 185, 200, 210 - 5 x 10, 8, 6, 4, 1* ...* spotter helped me get 2

DB Pullovers: 50, 60, 65, 70, 70 - 5 x 10, 8, 8, 6, 6

Superset #2:

BB Incline Bench: 145 - 3 x 7, 7, 6 +1 rep/set

Pull-ups: BW - 4 x 10, 10, 7, 7 +3 reps/set for first two sets

Superset #3:

HS Incline Press: 80/side - 4 x 10, 10, 9, 8 +~2 reps/set
HS Row: 80/side - 4 x 7, 7, 7, 7 + drop set

20 mins of moderate cardio (7.5 mph) on treadmill

Alright, so yesterday's carbing up strategy definitely worked. I had a great pump in my lats today. The lat pump overpowered my chest pump, which is unusual for me, but it was pretty cool. I got some nice PR's on exercises. I can't really say if I'm getting PR's on the flat bench because I'm doing different weight and reps due to me being on a loading pattern. My goal is to increase my max, which I will try next Tuesday. So next Tuesday's workout will be the real test.

I can't say this enough but I really am enjoying running MN's XFA. I really want to try their other products sometime. I would really love to run XFA on the full dose plus their Test Factor. I've seen some other logs that make it look very intriguing.

Oh, and I've been curious, is anyone else following this log besides the MN reps? Just wondering...

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps
- Increased Endurance
- Greater Strength

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the PR'S, man excellent even after a brutal week.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear your having some good luck with manipulating carb intake.

Muoio117

Awards
Glad to hear your having some good luck with manipulating carb intake.
Yeah, it actually work very very well. High carbs pack on the fat, low carbs kill the muscle, but cycling carbs burns fat and keeps muscle :)

Muoio117

Awards
I had another good arm day today. Here's the workout.

Day 40

Superset #1:

CGBP: 150 - 3 x 6, 6, 7* +1 rep/set...* spotter helped me get the last one

BB Curls: 95 - 3 x 6, 6, 7 +1 rep/set...spotter helped on last rep again

Superset #2:

Skullcrushers: 80 - 3 x 9, 9, 8 +1 reps/set

Incline DB Curls: 40 - 3 x 10, 9, 7 +~1 rep/set...lol, I died

Superset #3:

DB Overhead Ext: 60, 65, 65 - 3 x 12, 8, 8 +5lbs

One-arm DB Preacher Curl: 30 - 3 x 6, 6, 5 +5lbs

20 mins of moderate cardio (7.5 mph first 10 min, 8.0 mph second 10 min) on treadmill

So you know the drill. It's to be expected now. I had a GREAT pump again. Plus my strength is still increasing, ON A CUT! It has slowed a little, but low cals tend to do that, haha. I mean, I've been cutting for two weeks now. I've been carb cycling and stuff, but still, I never really expected any increases in strength, especially two weeks in. I don't really know what else to say about the product. It just seems to work. Initially when I was bulking my cals were 3300 on workout day and 2700 on non-workout day. But over the past two weeks I've cut it down to 2500 (180 carbs) on workout days and 2000 (80 carbs) on non-workout days. To me that seems like a significant decrease in cals. I did it slowly as to not shock my system too much, but I didn't expect to gain at this calorie level at all. On a cut I can handle the hunger and everything that comes with it, but I cannot handle losing strength. So I must say, I love this stuff! Sometime after Christmas I'll probably try stacking XFA with a test booster or something and try to bulk. The 50 day cycle-off period is going to be annoying, lol.

Oh, and if I remember I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and post both my before and current weight to demonstrate how much I have lost while still gaining strength. I haven't weighed myself in a week so I have no idea what to expect. I have, however, noticed a change in my gut. It seems to be going away. Of course faster would be better, but I actually think I'm losing much faster now than ever before, and not losing strength. It's almost a miracle ;)

I didn't proofread any of that, so enjoy all the errors :D

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps
- Increased Endurance
- Greater Strength

Muoio117

Awards
I weighed myself this morning and I was 176.6. But I don't understand how that makes sense since that is exactly how much I weighed last Friday under the same conditions. I could have sworn I was looking leaner. I mean I'm definitely far from ripped, but I thought some of my fat on my gut was going away. Even if I'm losing fat and gaining muscle I still expected a noticeable drop in weight. Last time I cut, when I had even less muscle (yes, it's possible, lol), I lost 2 lbs per week at calories only a little lower than I'm at now. I don't get this.

Well I'm going to carb up a little today, as much as I can while only eating 2000 cals. I have a leg workout tomorrow so I need to make sure I have some energy. I'm also considering uping my cals 200-300 hundred tomorrow to give my body a little break and ideally boost my metabolism back up a little. I would obviously get these cals from fat and not carbs tomorrw as to not put on fat. Anyway, that's the plan so far.

Muoio117

Awards
Day 41

Superset #1:

Squat: 110, 165, 175, 190, 205 - 5 x 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

SLDL: 155, 185, 225, 235, 245 - 6 x 8, 8, 8, 6, 6, 5 +10 lbs on last set

Superset #2:

Leg Press: 170 - 4 x 14, 14, 14, 14

Lying Leg Curls: 110 - 3 x 8, 8, 6 +10lbs

Calves:

Sitting Calf Raise Machine: 100 - 3 x 10, 10, 10 +10lbs

Standing Calf Raise: 315 - 3 x 10, 10, 10

20 minutes of moderate cardio (8.0 mph) on treadmill

Today was a great workout again. I had a very strong pump in my glutes. I usually get the pump in my quads but today most of the pump was definitely in my butt, lol. I think since I switched it up and threw in the leg press instead of leg extensions I targeted my glutes a lot more. My strength was also up in some exercises as well. I think the only exercise that might be suffering due to me cutting would be squats since they take the most amount of energy. But the XFA is keeping up my strength everywhere else it seems. But I think I won't be maxing this week like I had originally planned. I don't think attempting to max while on a cut will yield the best results. So, since I won't be maxing this week I guess I'm done with the loading pattern, therefore I believe I will be moving into a 5x5 plan for bench and squat. The four day split will remain, the only difference will be me switching out the loading pattern for five sets of five. It should be fun :)

Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions for me with regards to training or my nutrition, especially to help me lose fat and increase strength, I'm all ears. I may not apply everything you suggest, but I will definitely consider it.

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps
- Increased endurance
- Greater strength
- Cut/Recomp support!!!

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Training looks great, very high intensity and I like the variations of movements. If you get a chance post your daily nutrition intake and I will see if I can't tweak it for you here and there.

Muoio117

Awards
Training looks great, very high intensity and I like the variations of movements. If you get a chance post your daily nutrition intake and I will see if I can't tweak it for you here and there.
Okay, here is what I eat everyday at the moment. The food is basically the same everyday. I don't have as much variety while cutting.

Cals / Protein / Carbs / Fat

Middle of Night:
Whey Protein 120 / 24 / 4/ 1.5

6:30 (Pre-workout)
Egg whites (1 cup) 120 / 24 / 4 / 0
Natty PB (2 tbsp) 200 / 8 / 7 / 16
Oatmeal (1/3 cup dry) 160 / 6 / 27 / 3

9:10-9:30 (Post-workout)
Whey Protein (1 sc) 120 / 24 / 4/ 1.5
Skim Milk (2 cups) 180 / 18 / 24 / 1.5
Dextrose (4 tbsp) 140 / 0 / 36 / 0
Creatine (5g) 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Vitamin C (1g) 0 / 0 / 0 / 0

10:30
1/2 Chicken Breast 80 / 14 / 3.5 / 1
Lettuce 50 / 6 / 8 / 0
Olive Oil (1 tbsp) 120 / 0 / 0 / 14
Grated Cheese (3 tbsp) 60 / 6 / 0.5 / 4.5
Light Dressing (2 tbsp) 40 / 0 / 5 / 2

1:00
Lettuce 50 / 6 / 8 / 0

4:00
Lettuce 50 / 6 / 8 / 0

7:00
Lettuce 50 / 6 / 8 / 0

10:00
Cottage Cheese (1 cup) 160 / 28 / 8 / 0

Totals: 2400 / 248 / 186 / 82

This is what I eat on workout days. On non-workout day I cut out the two tbsps of natty pb and remove the post workout shake. I think that brings me down to about 1800 on non-workout days. So if you have any suggestions, I'm hear to listen and learn :)

Oh, and the weird combo of cheese, olive oil, and dressing is used to mix together my own salad dressing. It helps me to get in healthy fats since I generally use olive oil in the mix.

Muoio117

Awards
Day 42

So today was much better than I expected. Much better.

Superset #1:

DB Shoulder Presses: 60 - 3 x 10, 10, 7 +2 reps/set, still died on last set though...

Abs "hyperextension" w/ DB: 50 - 3 x 8, 8, 6 +5 lbs, this felt freakin' heavy lol

Superset #2:

DB Lateral Raises: 30 - 3 x 10, 10, 10 +5lbs, had to cheat a good amount, but the negative is where it's at :)

Cable Crunches: 60 - 3 x 11, 11, 11 , original machine broke, used new machine today, different scale weights...ugh...

Superset #3:

Rope Cable Rear Delt pull: 45 - 3 x 12, 12, 12 , new machine here too so I can't judge weight

DB Shrugs: 100 - 3 x 12, 12, 12 +5lbs

20 minutes of moderate cardio (8.0 mph) on treadmill

Yeah, so I felt incredible today. My DB shoulder presses went up nicely for the first two sets. I can't believe my strength went up AGAIN. This is awesome. I increase in most, if not all, exercises. I can't really judge on a few because I had to use a different machine for a few exercises since my original one broke. Anyway, I got some nice pumps again in the rear delts, they weren't that great today, but that's okay since my strength was UP on a CUT.

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps
- Increased endurance
- Greater strength
- Incredible Recomp/Cut support!!!!!!!

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Okay, here is what I eat everyday at the moment. The food is basically the same everyday. I don't have as much variety while cutting.

Cals / Protein / Carbs / Fat

Middle of Night:
Whey Protein 120 / 24 / 4/ 1.5

6:30
Egg whites (1 cup) 120 / 24 / 4 / 0
Natty PB (2 tbsp) 200 / 8 / 7 / 16
Oatmeal (1/3 cup dry) 160 / 6 / 27 / 3

9:10-9:30 (PWO)
Whey Protein (1 sc) 120 / 24 / 4/ 1.5
Skim Milk (2 cups) 180 / 18 / 24 / 1.5
Dextrose (4 tbsp) 140 / 0 / 36 / 0
Creatine (5g) 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Vitamin C (1g) 0 / 0 / 0 / 0

10:30
Lettuce 50 / 6 / 8 / 0

1:00
Lettuce 50 / 6 / 8 / 0

4:00
Lettuce 50 / 6 / 8 / 0

7:00
Lettuce 50 / 6 / 8 / 0

10:00
Cottage Cheese (1 cup) 160 / 28 / 8 / 0

Totals: 2400 / 248 / 186 / 82

This is what I eat on workout days. On non-workout day I cut out the two tbsps of natty pb and remove the post workout shake. I think that brings me down to about 1800 on non-workout days. So if you have any suggestions, I'm hear to listen and learn :)

Oh, and the weird combo of cheese, olive oil, and dressing is used to mix together my own salad dressing. It helps me to get in healthy fats since I generally use olive oil in the mix.
Your diet and food intake is actually impressive for someone in school and with a busy schedule. If I would change something it would be to add a little complex carbs in your pre workout meal. I noticed most of your carbs are coming from Dextrose and fibrous carbs which really don't stick with you as long. Also being such low carb all week I would stick with your diet through out the week and every Saturday throw in a refeed(drop your fats and up your carbs to replenish depleted glycogen stores). I agree on keeping it simple as well, I don't change much up but love Tilapia or tuna when I get a chance.

If you feel your energy levels getting low throw in some lean red meat for one of your chicken meals and your body will use the fat and burn as energy.

All in all looking good man, keep up the good work and it seems to be working so don't change too much. Just remember ideally 1-1/2 lbs a week is a good goal of fat loss, anything more than that could be muscle.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your diet and food intake is actually impressive for someone in school and with a busy schedule. If I would change something it would be to add a little complex carbs in your pre workout meal. I noticed most of your carbs are coming from Dextrose and fibrous carbs which really don't stick with you as long. Also being such low carb all week I would stick with your diet through out the week and every Saturday throw in a refeed(drop your fats and up your carbs to replenish depleted glycogen stores). I agree on keeping it simple as well, I don't change much up but love Tilapia or tuna when I get a chance.

If you feel your energy levels getting low throw in some lean red meat for one of your chicken meals and your body will use the fat and burn as energy.

All in all looking good man, keep up the good work and it seems to be working so don't change too much. Just remember ideally 1-1/2 lbs a week is a good goal of fat loss, anything more than that could be muscle.
There are few peoples advice who I put more value in than Jeff's. I too noticed when reading that diet that dextrose looked a little out of place.

Muoio117

Awards

Thanks for all the input. I will definitely do a carb refeed every Saturday. Saturday's are my leg days anyway, so I'll probably need the carbs more on Saturday then any other day. I'll also try to buy some lean red meat when I go to the store this week. I really appreciate your advice.

There are few peoples advice who I put more value in than Jeff's. I too noticed when reading that diet that dextrose looked a little out of place.
He seems like he knows his stuff :)

Oh, and the dextrose is actually in my post-workout shake. I edited my previous post to make it more obvious. So that means my oatmeal/egg/pb meal is my pre-workout, since I workout at 8 a.m. this give me about 1.5 hrs for it to digest before hitting the weights. That seems to work well for me.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just joined this site and read your log all the way thru. Like what I've seen from the XFA. In fact after reading this I ordered 2 bottles.

Kudos on keeping a solid diet while being so busy! I know how tough it can be!

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and the dextrose is actually in my post-workout shake. I edited my previous post to make it more obvious. So that means my oatmeal/egg/pb meal is my pre-workout, since I workout at 8 a.m. this give me about 1.5 hrs for it to digest before hitting the weights. That seems to work well for me.
Got ya, sounds good
Just joined this site and read your log all the way thru. Like what I've seen from the XFA. In fact after reading this I ordered 2 bottles.

Hello Stakedcop glad to hear you got some XFA, Where you policing at brutha?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got ya, sounds good

Hello Stakedcop glad to hear you got some XFA, Where you policing at brutha?
Hell yea!! gonna run it once I'm done with my animal m stack and ecdystreone "cycle"

I work in north eastern Illinois about 40 miles south of Chicago.

Muoio117

Awards

Nice. I see you'll be taking it at the full does instead of the half dose I'm at. You should have even better results then.

Muoio117

Awards
Day 43

I switched up the chest day today to a 5x5 for the flat bench. It definitely felt hard, lol.

Superset #1:

BB Flat Bench: 195 - 5 x 5, 5, 5, 4, 3

DB Pullovers: 70 - 5 x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Superset #2:

BB Incline Bench: 145 - 3 x 8, 8, 6 +1 rep/set

Pull-ups: BW - 3 x 10, 10, 7, for first two sets

Superset #3:

HS Incline Press: 82.5/side - 3 x 8, 8, 8 +2.5lbs
HS Row: 82.5/side - 3 x 8, 8, 8 +2.5lbs

20 mins of moderate cardio (8.0 mph) on treadmill

Good day again today. Both my chest and lats felt pumped. Even one of my friend had to hit my chest because it was so pumped. I don't really know why, but he did. My strength is still going well. Since I'll be doing the 5x5 for the remainder of my log I'll be able to more accurately gauge my strength since it's more consistent than the loading pattern.

Tomorrow will be the completion of three weeks of my cut and my strength is still doing pretty well. I wish I could lose more fat, but I'm still trying to get my diet to the right calorie level. I thought I would be low enough, but I'm not really super hungry or anything. I get hungry right before each meal, but it's nothing too bad. I don't know, I just want to make sure that at the end of my 8 week cut I'll be able to see some abs. I've got 5 weeks left and I'm really hoping that'll be enough. When I go longer than that I definitely start to lose muscle. Since I'll be off XFA at that point I won't have the nice buffer to save me.

Tomorrow is an off day, Thursday my gym is closed, so I guess I'll be back in on Friday for arms and then Saturday for legs. I was going to do some HIIT tomorrow morning in a fasted state but I think I need the day completely off. My body seems to be feeling pretty tired lately and my legs still haven't recovered completely from Saturday's workout.

Effects of XFA:

- Pumps
- Increased Endurance
- Greater Strength
- Cut/Recomp Support

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. I see you'll be taking it at the full does instead of the half dose I'm at. You should have even better results then.
I'm gonna run 4 a day for 50 days (I think).... I'm looking fwd to this crazy pump you guys are getting!! I've talked to a few natural completive body builders and they all said this is the most anabolic supp without hormones. Being all natty I'm stoked to try this. My shipment will be here Friday but I have about 21 or so days left on my ecdy cycle.... 50 days on XFA will make that the longest I've gone without my ecdy lol