Purus SlinShot Log / Review

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all, shout out to Grambo for hooking me up with the opportunity to try out SlinShot. Here is just a brief rundown on me and what I'm doing. I've been lifting regularly since age 14. In June of 2009, I transitioned into a bodybuilding training style from more of a recreational weight-lifter and started to learn nutrition and that has made all the difference. I just finished an 8 week bulk (about 80% clean) and put on 21 lbs in that time. Highest weight reached (upon rising) was 241. I am now hovering between 236-238 in the mornings and have very slowly transitioned into cutting, making minimal adjustments weekly to ensure that I don't stall out sooner and that I can preserve as much muscle as possible.

If you read my post/application from the initial thread, you'd see that my main reason for wanting to try this is because I am quite carb-sensitive and put on weight (both muscle and unfortunately fat) relatively easily. In fact, I went on a bit of a keto diet for a couple years except I never did refeeds (again, the whole not understanding nutrition side of things completely hindering my progress). A friend turned me onto Anabolic Pump about 8 months ago or so. Ever since that point, I have relied on a nutrient partitioner / insulin sensitizer regularly for fear of ballooning back up.

I never really felt anything when taking Anabolic Pump or P-Slin. I saw a cheap deal on SlinSane and purchased/tried it. What I realized is that despite not feeling anything on the other 2 products, they were in fact working better than SlinSane did for me - I felt bloated and sick after carb-filled meals when using it, unlike I did when using the other two.

I received my bottle of SlinShot just as I was about to leave work on Friday. I promptly tried my first dose with my post-workout whole-food meal an hour and 15 minutes after workout (whey shake with no carbs is taken 15 minutes after my last set; whole food 1 hour later). I didn't notice anything with this dose.

Saturday and Sunday (unless my workouts push over into the weekend) are low-carb days, as I started carb cycling as I came off of my bulk (legs and back day are high-carb, other lifting days are moderate). So my only meal with any substantial carbs was breakfast on Saturday and Sunday (whole grain cereal with a bit of skim milk). SlinShot was dosed before both of these meals. Not much was noticed on these days, either.

Yesterday was a moderate carb day for me (arms). I dosed SlinShot before each carb-filled meal (4x: breakfast, lunch, pre-workout, post-workout). It is very noticeable now. What this made me realize is that Sunday I was starting to notice, but I wasn't as sure about it. My veins are much more prominent after dosing SlinShot. I will be very interested to see how things play off in leaning out while using this.

Today is a high carb day (legs), so dosing will be 5x and total carbs will be up significantly. I will post on this regularly and if there are any questions, please feel free to ask them. Dosing has been 2 caps (1 serving) before all carb-heavy meals which are at a minimum 40g of complex carbs and upward of 100g at breakfast (dosing has been 2 caps for all; if any reps feel I should change any of my dosing, please let me know. I've been doing it this way to maximize bottle duration).

For more information on me, feel free to check my training log (which has body measurements and such) or my BodySpace (same user-name).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW:

This is a product that is somewhat difficult to give a review on just because of the type of product that it is (at least for me).

I was very pleased with this product. As I've stated before, I tend to not eat carb meals without a product like this preceding it due to my carb-sensitivity. I started taking this product at the end of my bulk as I slowly transitioned into a cut. My weight hovered around the same spot for the duration, but I was becoming visually leaner. I noticed better blood flow while using SlinShot and my arm veins in particular would really pop after dosing.

I will use this product again in the future and I would highly recommend it to anyone to try as well. The only thing I wish would have been available is a chart of sorts that shows how many caps are optimal for different ranges of carbs. I dosed 2 caps (1 serving) before all uses aside from one time that I had a very heavy rice meal and I dosed 4 caps. If this information was made readily available on the bottle it would be vey helpful. Aside from that, I thought SlinShot was great ;)

I would like to thank Purus Labs and Grambo for the chance to log this. And as I said, it will be on my shopping list again in the future!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's see some good stuff!! Sorry it took so long hope you enjoy the run.
No worries at all, man. I'm just thrilled to have this opportunity :cool:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I'm almost a week into using SlinShot and I must say that I definitely like it. I'm observing very good blood flow, most notably in my forearms (and my bf% is still rather high at this point on top of the fact that I have very thick skin).

Dosing has been consistent at 2 caps (1 serving) 15 minutes prior to my carb-loaded meals (4x/day for 3 days, 5x/day for the other 2 days and then usually 1x/day on the weekends for my low-carb days with just breakfast). What I can say so far is this: it is a valuable recomp agent. As I stated, I finished an 8 week bulk, that was actually originally slated for 12 weeks, that got me up to 241 lbs. I have never been that heavy or big before and more of it was fat than I'd like, so I didn't want to keep pushing the limits until I shed a decent amount of that fat. I have not brought on a real fat-burning attack yet. I've been trying to just slowly lower cals while eating incredibly clean. I will slowly bring in cardio again as well as a fat-burning supp stack, but I'm not in a huge rush for that. I like to see what my body can do by just tapering cals down slightly and eating clean first.

Here's the deal: I have not been as controlling over my cal-intake as I usually am in a cut; however, I've also never been on a bulk diet before where I was eating so much, so I have to get used to getting back down to the 2,700 cal range where I lose fat well. It's been very clean, protein is high (7 high-protein feedings during my day), but good fat intake is also higher than it needs to be to really start shredding (been snacking on my cashews between dinner and casein shake pre-bed).

This morning, my weight upon waking was 240. The thing is, I'm looking leaner, so it's good. Essentially, I'm staying around the same weight (actually gaining a bit) and it's new muscle if it's going up or it's trading fat for muscle if it's not increasing. I still have a lot of fat to cut down to where I want to be, but my upper abs and upper obliques are very visible right now at this high weight - that's a good thing.

I am very confident that when cals are kept in restricted fashion as they need to be, SlinShot will play a key role in continuing that leaning process. I also see it as a great tool for those looking to very slowly add muscle while keeping their bodyfat in check if they're already at a good starting point (e.g. when I cut down to single digit bf%, I'll go into a just barely over maintenance mode and see this product helping me to add the slightest amount of muscle as I pretty much stay at the same bf%/weight).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Things are still going strong here. This weekend was my low-carb days and dosing was just in the AM for first meal. Last week I did manipulate dosing once just to see how things would go. I had a pretty good sized meal at a hibachi restaurant with some co-workers and took 2 servings (4 caps) preceding the plate full of rice.

Today is a moderate carb day for me (training arms tonight).

If anyone can weigh in on this, is there anywhere the lists out any sort of dosing based on total carb consumption? The products I have previously tried spelled out how many carbs (min-max) should be consumed per pill or per dose. That is the only thing I can think of that would be very helpful to have on the bottle / dosing instructions.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so Friday was my final day of SlinShot.

This is a product that is somewhat difficult to give a review on just because of the type of product that it is (at least for me).

I was very pleased with this product. As I've stated before, I tend to not eat carb meals without a product like this preceding it due to my carb-sensitivity. I started taking this product at the end of my bulk as I slowly transitioned into a cut. My weight hovered around the same spot for the duration, but I was becoming visually leaner. I noticed better blood flow while using SlinShot and my arm veins in particular would really pop after dosing.

I will use this product again in the future and I would highly recommend it to anyone to try as well. The only thing I wish would have been available is a chart of sorts that shows how many caps are optimal for different ranges of carbs. I dosed 2 caps (1 serving) before all uses aside from one time that I had a very heavy rice meal and I dosed 4 caps. If this information was made readily available on the bottle it would be vey helpful. Aside from that, I thought SlinShot was great ;)

I would like to thank Purus Labs and Grambo for the chance to log this. And as I said, it will be on my shopping list again in the future!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, so Friday was my final day of SlinShot.

Thanks for the review and I am with you that needs to be addressed and will email the owner this week with that suggestion. I have that information somewhere let me find it I think its 50-75g per 2 caps but don't quote me on that just yet.

Anyway great log and appreciate putting in the time to do this for us.:afro:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the review and I am with you that needs to be addressed and will email the owner this week with that suggestion. I have that information somewhere let me find it I think its 50-75g per 2 caps but don't quote me on that just yet.

Anyway great log and appreciate putting in the time to do this for us.:afro:
Glad to hear that's in the works, man. That's the only thing I could think of that would make the product better - I really enjoyed it. Thanks again for the opportunity to log it - you've got yourself a customer ;)

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very solid review it was helpful in understanding the product a little better.