N2BM Better Protein Bars...Review!!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Ok well thanks to N2BM team for hooking m up w a bag of bar powder :)

Ok so I got the orignal flavor I assume cuz it wasnt choclate. It has craisins and raisins in it + looks kinda fluffy n white i forgot to take pics of the powder.

Anyways mixing i just used my hands cuz it got all clumpy, heat up the PB or something so it just doenst "ball" up.

Bars are fcking delicious when you eat them tho, they remind me of those nature valley bars + peanut brickel or whatever the fck it is but kinda "fluffier" theyre sweet and got a good texture. Not crumbly or hard as a rock just right. the dried fruit is a good addition as well, just enough!

To compare it to other protein bars Ive tried just about any offered in stores but my favorite ones are MetRX and pure protein. Odd thing I noticed is I get a really bloated feeling from both but I didnt from these. I think Im just a pansy tho.

Anyways ill take a picture of them in tomorrow but theyre very good, I definately reccomen for anyone to try them and I will be trying the other 2 flavors. I didnt even think of adding fruit or other stuff to them cuz I wanted to try how they were, but regardless very good!!

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Ok so I got the orignal flavor I assume cuz it wasnt choclate. It has craisins and raisins in it + looks kinda fluffy n white i forgot to take pics of the powder.

Anyways mixing i just used my hands cuz it got all clumpy, heat up the PB or something so it just doenst "ball" up.

Bars are fcking delicious when you eat them tho, they remind me of those nature valley bars + peanut brickel or whatever the fck it is but kinda "fluffier" theyre sweet and got a good texture. Not crumbly or hard as a rock just right. the dried fruit is a good addition as well, just enough!

To compare it to other protein bars Ive tried just about any offered in stores but my favorite ones are MetRX and pure protein. Odd thing I noticed is I get a really bloated feeling from both but I didnt from these. I think Im just a pansy tho.

Anyways ill take a picture of them in tomorrow but theyre very good, I definately reccomen for anyone to try them and I will be trying the other 2 flavors. I didnt even think of adding fruit or other stuff to them cuz I wanted to try how they were, but regardless very good!!
the reason you get a bloated feeling from most other bars is because they have tricked you!!! Look in the back of your favorite bars in the ingredients list and I bet you will see something called.

Sugar Alcohol. This is a genetically altered form of carbohydrates. But because it is part Alcohol and part Sugar label laws allow them to "not list it as a carb on the supplement facts"
Ok let me put it to you like this.
1g carb=4 cals
1g of protein=4 cals
1g of fat=9 cals

Now take any protein bar on the shelf and do the math and tell me if the total cals in the bar add up or is there something missing???? They are tricking you and using label laws to do it.

Let me explain what is really in a store bought protein bar. ANY KIND TOO
name any bar you can buy in a store and I will rip that thing to shreds with how much crap is in it...

This is what you will find in a Twinky

* Enriched Wheat Flour - enriched with ferrous sulphate (iron), B vitamins (niacin, thiamine mononitrate [B1], ribofavin [B12] and folic acid).
* Sugar
* Corn syrup
* Water
* High fructose corn syrup
* Vegetable and/or animal shortening - containing one or more of partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed or canola oil, and beef fat.
* Dextrose
* Whole eggs

sounding tasty yet. Well what there is more.
* Modified corn starch
* Cellulose gum
* Whey (o ya its got whey protein to man)
* Leavenings (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, monocalcium phosphate)
* Salt
* Cornstarch
* Corn flour
* Corn syrup solids
* Mono and diglycerides
* Soy lecithin
* Polysorbate 60
* Dextrin
* Calcium caseinate
* Sodium stearol lactylate
* Wheat gluten (hmmm sounds harmless lol will cover this later)
* Calcium sulphate
* Natural and artificial flavours
* Caramel colour
* Sorbic acid (to retain freshness)
* Colour added (yellow 5, red 40)

Now look at the back of a store bought protein bar and tell me how many of these ingredients are in your protein bar???? Almost all of them lmao..

How about the ingredients list of a snickers candy bar. I mean it seems much more simple anyway.

Ingredients

Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate, Skim Milk, Lactose, Milkfat, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavor)Peanuts, Corn Syrup, Milkfat, Skim Milk, Vegetable Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil)Salt, Lactose, Egg Whites, Chocolate, Artificial Flavor.

Again look at the back of your protein bar that you got from the gas station and tell me how much of a difference there is from that protein bar and the worlds number one selling candy bar^^^ Not much different at all when you really think about it.

Let me list what is in the number one top selling protein bars on the market today.

The number 1 selling bar on the market today
Ingredients: Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, PDUF whey protein isolate), water, GLYCERLEAN (99.7% USP Glycerine, L-Leucine, L-Taurine, CLA), chocolate coating [sugar, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, nonfat dry milk solids, cocoa powder processed with alkali, whole milk solids, soy lecthin, natural flavor, salt, artificial flavor], peanuts, caramel, soy protein isolate, gelatin, calcium caseinate, inulin, peanut flavor, rice flour, salt, sucralose (Splenda Brand), potassium sorbate.

The 2nd best selling bar
Ingredients: blend [(Whey Protein Concentrate, PDFU Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein), Soy Protein Isolate], Glycerlean [99.7% USP Glycerine, Taurine, L-Leucine, CLA], Milk Chocolate Flavored Coating (Maltitol, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Non-Fat Dry Milk, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali) Soy Lecthin, Salt, Vanilla), Marshmallow Flavored Layer (Maltitol, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Water, Maltodextrin, Egg White Powder, Titanium Dioxide, (For Color), Lecithin, Salt, Natural And Artificial Flavors), Water, Gelatin, Calcium Caseinate, Rice Flour, Cocoa Butter, Natural And Artificial Smores Flavor, Artificial Graham Cracker Flavor, Mono And Di-Glycerides, Salt, Potassium Sorbate (As A Preservative), Natural Vitamin E (As Mixed Tocopherols), Sucralose, Neotame.

3rd best selling bar on the market.
ingredients:
Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Fruit Blend (Fruit Juice, Natural Grain Dextrin), Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Water Canola Oil, Marshmallow Filling (Sugar, Rice Flour, Wheat Starch, Corn Starch, Titanium Dioxide and Lecithin), Almonds, Graham Crumbs, Honey, Chocolate Chips, Vegetable Glycerine, Coco Processed with Alkali, Natural and artificial flavors. Contains 2% Or Less Of The Following: Plum Puree, Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Organic Soy Butter, Citric Acid, Caclum Propionate, Potassium Sorbate, Salt, And Sucralose.

4th best selling bar on the market.
Other ingredients: protein blend (milk protein concentrate, calcium sodium caseinate, whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, dried egg white, L-glutamine), corn syrup, brown rice syrup, coated chocolate chips (chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, dextrose, soy lecithin, salt, artificial flavor), coating (confectioner's glaze, gum arabic, corn syrup)), whey crisps (whey protein isolate, rice flour), high fructose corn syrup, water, fructose, canola oil, maltodextrin, glycerin, natural and artificial flavors, potassium chloride, vitamin and mineral blend (ascorbic acid, ferrous fumarate, tricalcium phosphate, d-alpha tocopherol acetate, niacinamide, zinc oxide, copper gluconate, calcium d-pantothenate, retinyl palmitate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, biotin, potassium iodide, cyanocobalamin), sucralose.

Anyone getting the point??

Now lets look what is in a better protein bar
Ingredients.
Oatmeal,whey protein,wheat germ,raisins,cranberries,almonds
All natural peanut butter,Honey
THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE SEE THE HUGE DIFFERENCE??

Now How come I can make a simple basic recipe that taste 100 times better and is 100 times more healthy then they can. I dont even have the food scientist that they have. I just went to school and got a masters in culinary arts?

It is simple. Natural ingredients cost more. All bars on the market today are made with WASTE AND BYPRODUCTS. They are making bars with ingredients that were really ment to be nothing but waste!!! Allow me to explain.

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is soy lecithin?

In the early 1900’s, the yet to be named ’soy lecithin’ was just a waste product produced during the “degumming” process of soybean oil. By 1908 the soy bean crushing and soy oil refining companies had expanded and they were having trouble disposing of the large amounts of foul smelling, fermenting waste product. Soy plants in Germany decided to name this waste product ’soy lecithin’ and looked for ways to utilize it. By 1939 scientists had found more than 1,000 different ways to use soy lecithin.

It’s important to note that solvents are used during the “degumming” process of soybean oil, so soy lecithin itself is likely to contain chemical solvents!!!!!!!!

look it up!!! And it is in almost every single bar out there today

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Natural Grain Dextrin= ya sure sounds nice don't it.

Dextrins are a group of low-molecular-weight carbohydrates produced by the hydrolysis of starch. They have the same general formula as carbohydrates but are of shorter chain length. In other words ****ty useless carbs.
They are used as water-soluble glues, as thickening agents in food processing so only reason its there is because it was cheap and it bad the bar harder.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
hmmm can you say WHOLE FOOD???

i love these bars i gotta stay off of them for my cut but i went thru a pack in just a few days... lol

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Glucose Syrup= HAHAHAHA some label tricks on this one. Glucose Syrup=Technically any liquid starch hydrolysate of mono, di, and higher saccharides. Again label trick. This could be corn syrup, High-fructose corn syrup, or a fructose/glucose syrup bland of any kind. Point being the fact that they chose to call it (Glucose Syrup) rather then its exact name shows and intent to hide something. Ether way what ever it is is more ****ty worthless (very un natural) and no good for you in any way shape or form.

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Canola= Man I am sick of this ****ing oil
where does canola oil come from? Olive oil comes from olives, peanut oil from peanuts, sunflower oil from sunflowers; but what is a canola? There is nothing in the name enlighten us,

There are plenty of official Canola sites lauding this new "wonder" oil with all its low-fat health benefits. It takes a little longer to find sites that tell the less palatable details.

Here are just a few facts everyone should know before buying anything containing canola. Canola is not the name of a natural plant but a made-up word, from the words "Canada" and "oil". Canola is a genetically engineered plant developed in Canada from the Rapeseed Plant, which is part of the mustard family of plants.
Canola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to AgriAlternatives, The Online Innovation, and Technology Magazine for Farmers, "By nature, these rapeseed oils, which have long been used to produce oils for industrial purposes, are... toxic to humans and other animals". (This, by the way, is one of the websites singing the praises of the new canola industry.)

Rapeseed oil is poisonous to living things and is an excellent insect repellent. Rape is an oil that is used as a lubricant, fuel, soap and synthetic rubber base and as a illuminate for color pages in magazines. It is an industrial oil. It is not a food. Rape oil, it seems, causes emphysema, respiratory distress, anemia, constipation, irritability, and blindness in animals and humans.

Rape oil was widely used in animal feeds in England and Europe between 1986 and 1991, when it was thrown out. Remember the "Mad Cow disease" scare, when millions of cattle in the UK were slaughtered in case of infecting humans? Cattle were being fed on a mixture containing material from dead sheep, and sheep suffer from a disease called "scrapie". It was thought this was how "Mad Cow" began and started to infiltrate the human chain. What is interesting is that when rape oil was removed from animal feed, 'scrapie' disappeared.

We also haven't seen any further reports of "Mad Cow" since rape oil was removed from the feed. Perhaps not scientifically proven, but interesting all the same. US and Canadian farmers grow genetically engineered rapeseed and manufacturers use its oil (canola) in thousands of processed foods, with the blessings of Canadian and US government watchdog agencies. The canola supporting websites say that canola is safe to use. They admit it was developed from the rapeseed, but insist that through genetic engineering it is no longer rapeseed, but "canola" instead.

Except canola means "Canadian oil"; and the plant is still a rape plant, albeit genetically modified. The new name provides perfect cover for commercial interests wanting to make millions.

Canola oil from the rape seed, referred to as the Canadian oil because Canada is mainly responsible for it being marketed in the USA. The Canadian government and industry paid our Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) $50 million dollars to have canola oil placed on the (GRAS) List, "Generally Recognized As Safe". Thus a new industry was created. Laws were enacted affecting international trade, commerce, and traditional diets. Studies with lab. animals were disastrous. Rats developed fatty degeneration of heart, kidney, adrenals, and thyroid gland. When canola oil was withdrawn from their diets, the deposits dissolved but scar tissue remained on all vital organs. No studies on humans were made before money was spent to promote Canola oil in the USA.

Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) is a rare fatal degenerative disease caused by a build up long-chain fatty acids (c22 to c28) which destroys the myelin (protective sheath) of the nerves. Canola oil is a very long chain fatty acid oil (c22). Those who will defend canola oil say that the Chinese and Indians have used it for centuries with no effect, however it was in an unrefined form (taken from FATS THAT HEAL AND FATS THAT KILL by Udo Erasmus).

Rape seed oil used for stir-frying in China found to emit cancer causing chemicals. (Rapeseed oil smoke causes lung cancer) Amal Kumar Maj. The Wall Street JournaL June 7, 1995 pB6(W) pB6 (E) col 1 (11 col in).

Compiled by Darleen Bradley.

Canola oil is a health hazard to use as a cooking oil or salad oil. It is not the healthy oil we thought it was. It is not fit for human consumption, do not eat canola oil, it can hurt you. Polyunsaturated or not, this is a bad oil.

Be Sure to also read this informative report written by leading health expert Tom Valentine, Canola Oil Report.

Go to Ask Jeeves yourself: Ask.com Search Engine - Better Web Search and type in (Where does Canola Oil come from?) and see what you come up w

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Vegetable Glycerine is a clear, colorless, and odorless liquid
Its used in soup,shampoo,and other cleaning agents. More man mad crap. This is prob one of the lesser evils though.

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Artificial Flavors= I love this one. This could mean anything.
The word Artificial says it all though I guess!!!!

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
On and on and on. Just pick a ingredient and throw it out there. I will tell you what it really is lolololololol KNOW WHAT YOU ARE EATING!!!!

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmmm can you say WHOLE FOOD???

i love these bars i gotta stay off of them for my cut but i went thru a pack in just a few days... lol
Exactly, That is what makes them better then the rest. They are a 100% whole food product. The only processed ingredient is whey protein. Everything else is all natural 100% whole food. It is more of a meal replacement bar then a regular protein bar. You can eat 1-2 of them and it replaces a meal. You can count it as a whole food meal still.

SBT

SBT

Awards
made up a batch of these on sunday and they are dang near gone!!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Ahh interesting facts! I didnt know that before lol :)

I packed a big one for snack between classes yesterday and it was fcking nice, filled me right up! I like these, its liek something youd make at home. welll no sh1t you already do but yallz know what im saying haha!

my pan is almost gone as well, fcking delicious :)

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh interesting facts! I didnt know that before lol :)

I packed a big one for snack between classes yesterday and it was fcking nice, filled me right up! I like these, its liek something youd make at home. welll no sh1t you already do but yallz know what im saying haha!

my pan is almost gone as well, fcking delicious :)
niiiiice, thanks geek for the review

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
heres the bar pic, pan is long gone lol

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
last man standing lol...

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Interesting GP...Im confused is this a bar or a powder though(no i didn't use the searcg function;))

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Interesting GP...Im confused is this a bar or a powder though(no i didn't use the searcg function;))
It's a mixture of whey protein, oats, nuts and dried fruit. You add honey, water and natty pb.. Mix it up, let it chill in the fridge for 1 hour or so, and they're ready to go! makes 12 bars.

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
After the good reviews I have seen for these, went ahead and ordered two of the mass protein bars stack.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Nice so you got the power butter. This makes it over 36g of protein per bar.
:shocked:

I want some power butter but paleo diet says i cant has any

maybe i can get a pack of the better bars and use almond butter.. :D

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the reason you get a bloated feeling from most other bars is because they have tricked you!!! Look in the back of your favorite bars in the ingredients list and I bet you will see something called.

Sugar Alcohol. This is a genetically altered form of carbohydrates. But because it is part Alcohol and part Sugar label laws allow them to "not list it as a carb on the supplement facts"
Ok let me put it to you like this.
1g carb=4 cals
1g of protein=4 cals
1g of fat=9 cals

Now take any protein bar on the shelf and do the math and tell me if the total cals in the bar add up or is there something missing???? They are tricking you and using label laws to do it.

Let me explain what is really in a store bought protein bar. ANY KIND TOO
name any bar you can buy in a store and I will rip that thing to shreds with how much crap is in it...

This is what you will find in a Twinky

* Enriched Wheat Flour - enriched with ferrous sulphate (iron), B vitamins (niacin, thiamine mononitrate [B1], ribofavin [B12] and folic acid).
* Sugar
* Corn syrup
* Water
* High fructose corn syrup
* Vegetable and/or animal shortening - containing one or more of partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed or canola oil, and beef fat.
* Dextrose
* Whole eggs

sounding tasty yet. Well what there is more.
* Modified corn starch
* Cellulose gum
* Whey (o ya its got whey protein to man)
* Leavenings (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, monocalcium phosphate)
* Salt
* Cornstarch
* Corn flour
* Corn syrup solids
* Mono and diglycerides
* Soy lecithin
* Polysorbate 60
* Dextrin
* Calcium caseinate
* Sodium stearol lactylate
* Wheat gluten (hmmm sounds harmless lol will cover this later)
* Calcium sulphate
* Natural and artificial flavours
* Caramel colour
* Sorbic acid (to retain freshness)
* Colour added (yellow 5, red 40)

Now look at the back of a store bought protein bar and tell me how many of these ingredients are in your protein bar???? Almost all of them lmao..

How about the ingredients list of a snickers candy bar. I mean it seems much more simple anyway.

Ingredients

Milk Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate, Skim Milk, Lactose, Milkfat, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavor)Peanuts, Corn Syrup, Milkfat, Skim Milk, Vegetable Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil)Salt, Lactose, Egg Whites, Chocolate, Artificial Flavor.

Again look at the back of your protein bar that you got from the gas station and tell me how much of a difference there is from that protein bar and the worlds number one selling candy bar^^^ Not much different at all when you really think about it.

Let me list what is in the number one top selling protein bars on the market today.

The number 1 selling bar on the market today
Ingredients: Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, PDUF whey protein isolate), water, GLYCERLEAN (99.7% USP Glycerine, L-Leucine, L-Taurine, CLA), chocolate coating [sugar, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, nonfat dry milk solids, cocoa powder processed with alkali, whole milk solids, soy lecthin, natural flavor, salt, artificial flavor], peanuts, caramel, soy protein isolate, gelatin, calcium caseinate, inulin, peanut flavor, rice flour, salt, sucralose (Splenda Brand), potassium sorbate.

The 2nd best selling bar
Ingredients: blend [(Whey Protein Concentrate, PDFU Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein), Soy Protein Isolate], Glycerlean [99.7% USP Glycerine, Taurine, L-Leucine, CLA], Milk Chocolate Flavored Coating (Maltitol, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Non-Fat Dry Milk, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali) Soy Lecthin, Salt, Vanilla), Marshmallow Flavored Layer (Maltitol, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Water, Maltodextrin, Egg White Powder, Titanium Dioxide, (For Color), Lecithin, Salt, Natural And Artificial Flavors), Water, Gelatin, Calcium Caseinate, Rice Flour, Cocoa Butter, Natural And Artificial Smores Flavor, Artificial Graham Cracker Flavor, Mono And Di-Glycerides, Salt, Potassium Sorbate (As A Preservative), Natural Vitamin E (As Mixed Tocopherols), Sucralose, Neotame.

3rd best selling bar on the market.
ingredients:
Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Fruit Blend (Fruit Juice, Natural Grain Dextrin), Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Water Canola Oil, Marshmallow Filling (Sugar, Rice Flour, Wheat Starch, Corn Starch, Titanium Dioxide and Lecithin), Almonds, Graham Crumbs, Honey, Chocolate Chips, Vegetable Glycerine, Coco Processed with Alkali, Natural and artificial flavors. Contains 2% Or Less Of The Following: Plum Puree, Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Organic Soy Butter, Citric Acid, Caclum Propionate, Potassium Sorbate, Salt, And Sucralose.

4th best selling bar on the market.
Other ingredients: protein blend (milk protein concentrate, calcium sodium caseinate, whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, dried egg white, L-glutamine), corn syrup, brown rice syrup, coated chocolate chips (chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, dextrose, soy lecithin, salt, artificial flavor), coating (confectioner's glaze, gum arabic, corn syrup)), whey crisps (whey protein isolate, rice flour), high fructose corn syrup, water, fructose, canola oil, maltodextrin, glycerin, natural and artificial flavors, potassium chloride, vitamin and mineral blend (ascorbic acid, ferrous fumarate, tricalcium phosphate, d-alpha tocopherol acetate, niacinamide, zinc oxide, copper gluconate, calcium d-pantothenate, retinyl palmitate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, biotin, potassium iodide, cyanocobalamin), sucralose.

Anyone getting the point??

Now lets look what is in a better protein bar
Ingredients.
Oatmeal,whey protein,wheat germ,raisins,cranberries,almonds
All natural peanut butter,Honey
THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE SEE THE HUGE DIFFERENCE??

Now How come I can make a simple basic recipe that taste 100 times better and is 100 times more healthy then they can. I dont even have the food scientist that they have. I just went to school and got a masters in culinary arts?

It is simple. Natural ingredients cost more. All bars on the market today are made with WASTE AND BYPRODUCTS. They are making bars with ingredients that were really ment to be nothing but waste!!! Allow me to explain.
What is soy lecithin?

In the early 1900’s, the yet to be named ’soy lecithin’ was just a waste product produced during the “degumming” process of soybean oil. By 1908 the soy bean crushing and soy oil refining companies had expanded and they were having trouble disposing of the large amounts of foul smelling, fermenting waste product. Soy plants in Germany decided to name this waste product ’soy lecithin’ and looked for ways to utilize it. By 1939 scientists had found more than 1,000 different ways to use soy lecithin.

It’s important to note that solvents are used during the “degumming” process of soybean oil, so soy lecithin itself is likely to contain chemical solvents!!!!!!!!

look it up!!! And it is in almost every single bar out there today
Natural Grain Dextrin= ya sure sounds nice don't it.

Dextrins are a group of low-molecular-weight carbohydrates produced by the hydrolysis of starch. They have the same general formula as carbohydrates but are of shorter chain length. In other words ****ty useless carbs.
They are used as water-soluble glues, as thickening agents in food processing so only reason its there is because it was cheap and it bad the bar harder.
Glucose Syrup= HAHAHAHA some label tricks on this one. Glucose Syrup=Technically any liquid starch hydrolysate of mono, di, and higher saccharides. Again label trick. This could be corn syrup, High-fructose corn syrup, or a fructose/glucose syrup bland of any kind. Point being the fact that they chose to call it (Glucose Syrup) rather then its exact name shows and intent to hide something. Ether way what ever it is is more ****ty worthless (very un natural) and no good for you in any way shape or form.
Canola= Man I am sick of this ****ing oil
where does canola oil come from? Olive oil comes from olives, peanut oil from peanuts, sunflower oil from sunflowers; but what is a canola? There is nothing in the name enlighten us,

There are plenty of official Canola sites lauding this new "wonder" oil with all its low-fat health benefits. It takes a little longer to find sites that tell the less palatable details.

Here are just a few facts everyone should know before buying anything containing canola. Canola is not the name of a natural plant but a made-up word, from the words "Canada" and "oil". Canola is a genetically engineered plant developed in Canada from the Rapeseed Plant, which is part of the mustard family of plants.
Canola - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to AgriAlternatives, The Online Innovation, and Technology Magazine for Farmers, "By nature, these rapeseed oils, which have long been used to produce oils for industrial purposes, are... toxic to humans and other animals". (This, by the way, is one of the websites singing the praises of the new canola industry.)

Rapeseed oil is poisonous to living things and is an excellent insect repellent. Rape is an oil that is used as a lubricant, fuel, soap and synthetic rubber base and as a illuminate for color pages in magazines. It is an industrial oil. It is not a food. Rape oil, it seems, causes emphysema, respiratory distress, anemia, constipation, irritability, and blindness in animals and humans.

Rape oil was widely used in animal feeds in England and Europe between 1986 and 1991, when it was thrown out. Remember the "Mad Cow disease" scare, when millions of cattle in the UK were slaughtered in case of infecting humans? Cattle were being fed on a mixture containing material from dead sheep, and sheep suffer from a disease called "scrapie". It was thought this was how "Mad Cow" began and started to infiltrate the human chain. What is interesting is that when rape oil was removed from animal feed, 'scrapie' disappeared.

We also haven't seen any further reports of "Mad Cow" since rape oil was removed from the feed. Perhaps not scientifically proven, but interesting all the same. US and Canadian farmers grow genetically engineered rapeseed and manufacturers use its oil (canola) in thousands of processed foods, with the blessings of Canadian and US government watchdog agencies. The canola supporting websites say that canola is safe to use. They admit it was developed from the rapeseed, but insist that through genetic engineering it is no longer rapeseed, but "canola" instead.

Except canola means "Canadian oil"; and the plant is still a rape plant, albeit genetically modified. The new name provides perfect cover for commercial interests wanting to make millions.

Canola oil from the rape seed, referred to as the Canadian oil because Canada is mainly responsible for it being marketed in the USA. The Canadian government and industry paid our Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) $50 million dollars to have canola oil placed on the (GRAS) List, "Generally Recognized As Safe". Thus a new industry was created. Laws were enacted affecting international trade, commerce, and traditional diets. Studies with lab. animals were disastrous. Rats developed fatty degeneration of heart, kidney, adrenals, and thyroid gland. When canola oil was withdrawn from their diets, the deposits dissolved but scar tissue remained on all vital organs. No studies on humans were made before money was spent to promote Canola oil in the USA.

Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) is a rare fatal degenerative disease caused by a build up long-chain fatty acids (c22 to c28) which destroys the myelin (protective sheath) of the nerves. Canola oil is a very long chain fatty acid oil (c22). Those who will defend canola oil say that the Chinese and Indians have used it for centuries with no effect, however it was in an unrefined form (taken from FATS THAT HEAL AND FATS THAT KILL by Udo Erasmus).

Rape seed oil used for stir-frying in China found to emit cancer causing chemicals. (Rapeseed oil smoke causes lung cancer) Amal Kumar Maj. The Wall Street JournaL June 7, 1995 pB6(W) pB6 (E) col 1 (11 col in).

Compiled by Darleen Bradley.

Canola oil is a health hazard to use as a cooking oil or salad oil. It is not the healthy oil we thought it was. It is not fit for human consumption, do not eat canola oil, it can hurt you. Polyunsaturated or not, this is a bad oil.

Be Sure to also read this informative report written by leading health expert Tom Valentine, Canola Oil Report.

Go to Ask Jeeves yourself: Ask.com Search Engine - Better Web Search and type in (Where does Canola Oil come from?) and see what you come up w
Vegetable Glycerine is a clear, colorless, and odorless liquid
Its used in soup,shampoo,and other cleaning agents. More man mad crap. This is prob one of the lesser evils though.
Artificial Flavors= I love this one. This could mean anything.
The word Artificial says it all though I guess!!!!
Exactly, That is what makes them better then the rest. They are a 100% whole food product. The only processed ingredient is whey protein. Everything else is all natural 100% whole food. It is more of a meal replacement bar then a regular protein bar. You can eat 1-2 of them and it replaces a meal. You can count it as a whole food meal still.
Man.. That's a lot of great info. BPB ftw!!!!!!