supplements for 17 year old

kelley918

Awards
Im 17 years old and have been lifting for around 2 years. Ive made pretty decent gains with a daily protein supplement, preworkouts such as superpump 250, and various creatine cycles. Im a wrestler and a football player so I'm in the weight room alot for both sports. I was just wondering if there were any supplements that could take me to that next level, but also wouldnt cause any long term side effects.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im 17 years old and have been lifting for around 2 years. Ive made pretty decent gains with a daily protein supplement, preworkouts such as superpump 250, and various creatine cycles. Im a wrestler and a football player so I'm in the weight room alot for both sports. I was just wondering if there were any supplements that could take me to that next level, but also wouldnt cause any long term side effects.
At 17 years old, you really only need the Basic Staples: creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs.

Creatine cycling is personal preference and is NOT required.

If you want to get better at your sports, I recommend picking a sport and focusing on that one sport - unless of course training for one is conducive to the other, and good performance in one will correlate to good performance in the other. Once you have that in mind, get the best coach out there that you can for that sport - ideally someone who has both the knowledge AND experience, and a proven history of either being an athlete or having top successful athletes in that sport themselves.

For better performance in wrestling and football, you probably need to gain more muscle mass, but you also need to work on that muscle translating into strength and power, explosive speed, speed endurance, endurance, and agility, as well as having sport-specific techniques, etc. - OR work on making do with what you have re muscle mass and focusing on the performance aspect. Work on each area in its specific phase re your seasons - a coach/trainer who knows [ideally both] the sports will be a definite asset.

~Team APPNUT