TheDeadlifter's hot and spicy Muscle Marinade - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

TheDeadlifter's hot and spicy Muscle Marinade

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by capnsavem View Post
    Sorry to hear that MM isn't hitting on all cylinders for you, Dead.

I personally have ran 3 tubs of it (not consecutively) and it worked well for me. I never had the crash issues, and the energy and focus was hitting.
    It happens. Every supplement affects everyone differently. MM isn't all bad; I've had some good days with it. Glad you like it.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Yesterday I had DE lower. I decided on doing some power cleans because I haven't done them in a few weeks. I went through my usual progression (as recommended by USAW). I only got up to 225 because it was dynamic day - speed is key, not amount of weight. I did a 5x3, concentrating on the explosion off the floor. I dropped back to 135 and did a set of hang cleans just for fun. I called it quits after a few sets of accessory movements and stretching.

I took Muscle Marinade as usual. I felt good throughout the training session, but started to crash about an hour afterwards. I caught a second wind later in the evening for some reason while I was playing with the kids. All in all, it was a good day.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    It happens. Every supplement affects everyone differently. MM isn't all bad; I've had some good days with it. Glad you like it.
    Right on. Yeah I hear ya on the effectiveness for each individual. The big love/hate on this board seems to be geranimine.. Some can't train without it, and some loath it's existence.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Right on. Yeah I hear ya on the effectiveness for each individual. The big love/hate on this board seems to be geranimine.. Some can't train without it, and some loath it's existence.
    I've noticed the same with geranimine. I first tried it a few months ago in Annabolic Innovations' Motivate. I was impressed with it then. I like the 1,3dimeth in MM, but think the caffeine dosage is a bit high. I think that's what's causing me to crash.
    -- JB \m/
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Today's main course - Speed bench

I warmed up as usual and went to just over 52% for optimal speed. I did 10x3 with 215 and it felt really light on every rep. Paused on every rep and exploded to the top. I did skullcrushers afterwards. I started with 2 sets of 115x10, then 135x10, and I decided to jump to a set of 165x6. I finished with a few sets of dips. Three exercises - simple. Heavy dead day tomorrow; looking to go above 95%...
    -- JB \m/
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    I've noticed the same with geranimine. I first tried it a few months ago in Annabolic Innovations' Motivate. I was impressed with it then. I like the 1,3dimeth in MM, but think the caffeine dosage is a bit high. I think that's what's causing me to crash.
    For sure.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Yesterday's dead day was intense. I ws in the gym for nearly two and a half hours. I did a competiton-style warm-up and rested a long time between sets of deadlifts. I ended up pulling 605 for a single. Since I was feeling great, I decided to do some barbell rows (135x12, 185x10, 225x10, 275x7) and some reverse-grip pulldowns. I was also helping spot a guy going for a PR on bench. Very productive day...
    -- JB \m/
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

ME Bench day was not all that great, but it was a great day for Muscle Marinade. I took my MM 30 mins per-training, but only used 3/4 scoop. By the time I began lifting, I had a good amount of energy. My time in the gym wasn't that spectacular: I worked my way up to 365 on bench and only push out 2 reps - that reeeeeealllly sucks for me. Accessory work was ok. The high point was that I had lasting energy throughout the rest of the afternoon and evening with NO CRASH! I think I may have found the correct dosage for me...
    -- JB \m/
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

DE lower today...

I did some deeeeep squats today for speed. I warmed-up and went to a 5x5 of 225 for some explosive reps. My quads were shaking after that. I fisnished with some light accessory work and left. I was in the gym for less than an hour.

I, again, took 3/4 of a scoop of Muscle Marinade and it worked as it should. I'm not feeling the beta alanine tingles, but I'm not crashing from the the stims.
    -- JB \m/
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

nice... you found your sweet spot, and that'll make the tub last longer too
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

nice... you found your sweet spot, and that'll make the tub last longer too
    So true.
    -- JB \m/
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

I did a lighter-weight (185lbs) 5x5 with military press yesterday. I took it kind of easy because for some reason my right elbow was acting up. I hope it's not tendonitis again. I have a Rehband sleeve if it flares up again. I did some tricep work (for reps) and finished with a superset of lateral delt raises and front delt raises.

I had a good amount of energy throughout my training session. Using 3/4 scoop of Muscle Marinade is working well for me.
    -- JB \m/
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Today's dead day was awesome. After a thorough warm-up, I pulled a 495 single that felt like 300-something. I jumped to 530 looking to get 3 maybe 4 reps. I ended up doing 530x5 (belt only) - that's a new PR for me. I did a few sets of lighter shrugs for reps (pausing for a while at the top) after deads. That's it. Two exercises. Productive day, though.
    -- JB \m/
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

On heavy upper day, I decided to hit heavy bench. There was a slight ache/pain in my right elbow, but I pushed through and got the job done. I 385 went up fairly easily for a single. 365 felt heavy after 2 reps which bothers me. I finished benching by doing 135x40. I did some dips and Tate presses afterwards for accessory movements.

Overall, a good day. My energy was up and I no longer experience a crash. The 3/4 scoop works for me. I am, however, almost out of Muscle Marinade. I'll give my final thoughts when the jug is empty...
    -- JB \m/
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Wednesday:
    I did some deads with bands. I was pressed for time so I ended up getting in about 7 or 8 sets in and 2 sets of glute-ham raises. My rest periods between sets was reduced a bit and I felt like I was doing cardio or something (yuck!).

Lots of energy today. Just 3/4 scoop of Muscle Marinade is great.
    -- JB \m/
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Friday's upper rep day went very well. I ended up getting 225 on flat bench for 25 reps again. I did 4 sets of military, 135x12. Could have done a couple reps more but I was focusing on the squeeze at the top. I finished with some light reps of close-grip and wide illegal-grip bench.

Today could be my last day on Muscle Marinade. I'm not sure if I have enough in the tub for another day. We'll see...
    -- JB \m/
  17. New Member

solid
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

My final thoughts...

After being given the opportunity to try an entire tub of Muscle Marinade, I must give my appreciation to Purus Labs for being so generous. I had never tried any product from Purus prior to testing MM.

My likes:
    I really like the fact that Purus Labs doesn't have some super-secret formula that hides the true amounts of each ingredient. Everything is listed on the label with the amounts next to it. No BS. I also like the combination of ingredients. The antioxidant formula is a good touch. Flavor is decent - Purus Punch tastes pretty good. The tub has a very wide mouth and scoop with a long handle - definitely both good things.

My dislikes:
    I think the stimulants were a bit too much for my body to handle. An entire scoop got me up for lifting, but I had a tendency to really crash after training. The headaches were more than likely from too many stims. 3/4 scoop was fine, though. I probably need to add a touch more creatine and beta alanine to it if using 3/4 scoop.

My ratings:
    Flavor: 9/10
    Mixability of powder: 9/10
    Ingredient profile: 9.5/10
    Mood during training: 8.5/10
    Mood post-training: 4/10
    Aggression: 8.5/10

Overall: 8/10

Muscle Marinade was good - not great, not bad, just good. It is certainly a quality product. There were many things I truly liked about it. The crash afterwards did not impress me, though. Using 3/4 scoop was better post-training, but I feel I may not be getting all I'm supposed to be getting out of MM by using a reduced amount. In all honesty, I have used better pre-training products than Muscle Marinade. However, I have and will continue to recommend Muscle Marinade as a must-try PWO product because everyone reacts to different supplements in different ways.

Thanks again to Purus Labs for selecting me to run this log.
    -- JB \m/

Similar Forum Threads

1. Muscle Marinade!
    By benj851 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 10:30 PM
  2. For Sale: Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Grape (Muscle Builders)
    By winwrightsa in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 03:55 AM
  3. For Sale: Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Grape (Muscle Builders)
    By winwrightsa in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 03:51 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 03:26 PM
  5. Muscle Marinade Log
    By DreamWeaver in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 12:10 PM