TheDeadlifter's hot and spicy Muscle Marinade - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

TheDeadlifter's hot and spicy Muscle Marinade

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    Prior to Muscle Marinade, my pre-training mixture consisted of one 200mg caffeine pill that I washed down with 10-12oz 100% Welch's grape juice with 5g creatine mono and 2.5g beta alanine. It seemed to work well for me if taken 30-40 minutes prior to hitting the gym and it's super cheap. We'll see how Muscle Marinade stacks up...
    now that's classic old-school style, i love that!... but the upgrade to MM will have you forgetting that old school stack

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

btw try the grape juice flavor if you get a chance... tastes just like grape juice, not some grape-ish artificial kool-aid stuff.

•   

3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by capnsavem View Post
    btw try the grape juice flavor if you get a chance... tastes just like grape juice, not some grape-ish artificial kool-aid stuff.
    the grape stuff is pretty good...the flavor has def grown on me

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    the grape stuff is pretty good...the flavor has def grown on me
    thats how real grape juice was for me back in the day... toss my creatine mono in it and mix... at 1st it was tough to get down because grape juice is definitely strong and an acquired taste... but then after a while i was downing it no prob, even with the grainy old school creatine powders

5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Mmmmmm grape drank

6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Today's entre: Heavy upper with a side of chains...

Today I headed to one of the few real hardcore gyms left in this country. All American Gym in Lakeland, FL is truly old school: no a/c, heavy punching bags upstairs for cardio, rusty bars, and train tracks right outside the back doors. No smoothie bar, neon lights, or state of the art cardio equipment that will show you a movie and jerk you off while you're moving too slowly for it to be called cardio in the first place. (Just in case you couldn't tell, I absolutely despise corporate gyms.) I drank my Muscle Marinade about 35 minutes before I actually began lifting. I got up to 315 on bench and then jumped to 365. As I was about to lift, the gym dog jumped on my bench and laid down for a nap. I found it humorous so one of the guys I was training with took a picture (see below). Without even touching 365 I made the decision to skip it and go directly to 405. I hadn't gone over 400 is a while so I thought I'd give it shot. I got it up, but I felt as if my elbows were turned out too much. So, I had to try it again. After a few minutes' rest I attempted it again. I had a guy take a video of the lift to see what I was doing wrong, but it felt good and looked decent on the vid. In fact, my 2nd single of 405 went up faster and felt better than the first. Next, I went over to the bench specifically built for the use of chains. The point of this bar is to load it with chains and chains only, no plates. It's one of the most brutal training setups for the anterior delts and triceps. With all the chains added on the bar weighs in the high 200s at the bottom and low 300s at the top. I only did 2 sets and that's all I needed. I got 9 reps on my first and 7 on my second. After that I did some light shoulder movements. I always finish my ME upper day with a set of bench, 135x40. Yes I can do a few more reps, but 40 is a good number.

I felt very energized and confident in my lifts today. No heavy crash from the stims and no headache. Overall, a very good day.

The dog...

405 bench (yeah, I know it's touch-and-go but I'm not a big bench kinda guy):
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Mmmmmm grape drank

8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Today's entre: Heavy upper with a side of chains...

Today I headed to one of the few real hardcore gyms left in this country. All American Gym in Lakeland, FL is truly old school: no a/c, heavy punching bags upstairs for cardio, rusty bars, and train tracks right outside the back doors. No smoothie bar, neon lights, or state of the art cardio equipment that will show you a movie and jerk you off while you're moving too slowly for it to be called cardio in the first place. (Just in case you couldn't tell, I absolutely despise corporate gyms.) I drank my Muscle Marinade about 35 minutes before I actually began lifting. I got up to 315 on bench and then jumped to 365. As I was about to lift, the gym dog jumped on my bench and laid down for a nap. I found it humorous so one of the guys I was training with took a picture (see below). Without even touching 365 I made the decision to skip it and go directly to 405. I hadn't gone over 400 is a while so I thought I'd give it shot. I got it up, but I felt as if my elbows were turned out too much. So, I had to try it again. After a few minutes' rest I attempted it again. I had a guy take a video of the lift to see what I was doing wrong, but it felt good and looked decent on the vid. In fact, my 2nd single of 405 went up faster and felt better than the first. Next, I went over to the bench specifically built for the use of chains. The point of this bar is to load it with chains and chains only, no plates. It's one of the most brutal training setups for the anterior delts and triceps. With all the chains added on the bar weighs in the high 200s at the bottom and low 300s at the top. I only did 2 sets and that's all I needed. I got 9 reps on my first and 7 on my second. After that I did some light shoulder movements. I always finish my ME upper day with a set of bench, 135x40. Yes I can do a few more reps, but 40 is a good number.

I felt very energized and confident in my lifts today. No heavy crash from the stims and no headache. Overall, a very good day.

The dog...

405 bench (yeah, I know it's touch-and-go but I'm not a big bench kinda guy):
    Nice man great lift!

9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Keeping it short and sweet today...

Squats today. Nothing heavy. I went up to 315 and stayed there. 5x5 with 315 was actually too easy - way too easy. I was pressed for time and cheated myself. That won't happen again. After squats I hit the glute-ham raises. I hate those things but damn they work.

I took my Muscle Marinade 35 minutes prior to training and had energy throughout my session and at football practice. No headaches or crashing feeling the last 2x I've taken it.

I'll be hitting DE upper on Wednesday...
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Keeping it short and sweet today...

Squats today. Nothing heavy. I went up to 315 and stayed there. 5x5 with 315 was actually too easy - way too easy. I was pressed for time and cheated myself. That won't happen again. After squats I hit the glute-ham raises. I hate those things but damn they work.

I took my Muscle Marinade 35 minutes prior to training and had energy throughout my session and at football practice. No headaches or crashing feeling the last 2x I've taken it.

I'll be hitting DE upper on Wednesday...
    Glad to see your headaches have ceased...mine have as well

11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Yesterday's training was kind of weird. I did bench for reps but it felt different. I took Muscle Marinade beforehand as I usually do. However, I kept yawning throughout my entire session like I ready to fall asleep. It's almost as if the stims in MM were replaced with melatonin. I went up to 315 and only hit 8 reps, which is not good for me. I did some dips and skullcrushers as well. I was in the gym for about an hour and fifteen minutes and felt nothing from the MM. Hopefully this afternoon will be different...
    -- JB \m/

12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Yesterday's training was kind of weird. I did bench for reps but it felt different. I took Muscle Marinade beforehand as I usually do. However, I kept yawning throughout my entire session like I ready to fall asleep. It's almost as if the stims in MM were replaced with melatonin. I went up to 315 and only hit 8 reps, which is not good for me. I did some dips and skullcrushers as well. I was in the gym for about an hour and fifteen minutes and felt nothing from the MM. Hopefully this afternoon will be different...
    Don't worry about it man we all have our off days!

13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

I love dead day...

Yesterday I pulled heavy deads. It was the first time I wore my Metal King Deadlifter suit in about 4 months. I just wanted to get back in the groove again, so to speak. I pulled a few warm-up sets and put the suit on at 405 (straps down). I pulled another set of 405 with straps up, and then jumped up to 495. That went up way too easy. I had planned on going up to 565 but when I got it (suit only), it, too, was easier than expected. I jumped to 585 but put my belt on. I hit it, but my head was about to explode. My belt (an Inzer Forever lever) needs to be loosened a notch.

I had a headache when I woke up in the morning. My 19-month-old is 'sick' for the first time (just clear runny snot - I call her a snot faucet; it hasn't stopped for 3 days) and she kept fussing throughout the night. Needless to say, my sleep patterns were all screwed up. After deads, aside from exhaustion, I felt a lot better, but the headache returned a couple hours after. Got a good night's sleep last night and feel great today.

A quick note about the suit... It does not assist in the lift. Bench shirts can have an insane carry-over. Same goes for some squat suits. Some DL suits can provide an initial pop off the ground, but that is not my weak point nor is it why I wear the suit. DL suits are for support purposes only.

I'll be heading to the Gulf of Mexico for some fishing today and tomorrow. Gonna try to catch my next post-training meal...
    -- JB \m/

14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

I went fishing in the Gulf on Sunday and Monday. We slept on the deck of a 22-footer 35 miles offshore and I did not sleep well with the 2-4ft swells rocking the boat all night. The fishing wasn't good at all, but we all still had fun. I'm still a bit worn out from the trip, but managed to hit the weights today anyway.

I trained shoulders and triceps today - nothing fancy. After a thorough warm-up, I went up to 185 on military press. I did a few sets for 6-8 reps. I went to the cable pressdown machine to do some sets of tricep ext. I did a quick couple supersets of lateral and front raises with some lighter weight to work out the soreness from sleeping on the boat deck.

I had some more energy today. I've learned to chug about two-thirds of the Muscle Marinade about 30 minutes prior to training. The last third I drink about 10-15 minutes later. Since I've been doing that, I feel the stims more and the effects last longer without the crash. No crash = no headaches.
    -- JB \m/

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Yesterday...

Another day without much energy. Water and nutrient intake was fine. I slept a decent amount at night. Work went well. Why am I still dragging in the gym? Honestly, I felt consistantly better when I was taking beta-alanine and creatine mono with grape juice and taking a 200mg caffeine pill. Are there too many stims in Muscle Marinade? It would seem like I could tolerate quite a bit due to my weight, but I guess everyone is different. I'm sticking with MM for the time being...
    -- JB \m/

16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Monday's training went well. I had the energy to work hard and push through some tough sets.

Military presses - essential for upper body strength. After warming up, I went up to 245, then to 255 for a strict single on my 6th set. I dropped back down to 225 for 3 more sets of 2-3 reps each. I finished up with some light accessory work.

I felt great while I was training but came down kind of hard off the stims about an hour and a half later while I was out coaching at football practice. The heat probably played a factor in that, too. I did drink more water than usual to remain hydrated.
    -- JB \m/

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Did some box squats on Wednesday but forgot to post. Football has me busy...
    -- JB \m/

18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

It was a decent Friday at work so I was in a good mood in the gym. I mixed my Muscle Marinade as usual but I didn't feel the jolt from the stims today at all. I was in the gym alone for bench reps. I only went as high as 225 and did a set of 23 reps (which sucks because I wanted at least 25). I dropped back down to 135x30. I also did some tricep work and hit my shoulders with front and lateral raises. Nothing spectacular.

I'm honestly getting concerned about MM not coming through for me. I thought I might be just habituating to the increased stims but I tried my old pre-training mix of 200mg caffeine, beta alanine and creatine mono in 10oz of 100% grape juice on Wednesday and my training was great. Strange....
    -- JB \m/

19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.

Saturday's Dead Day was great. I just received some bands from EliteFTS and had a chance to try them out. If those don't help my lockout then I don't know what will. I did a few warm-up sets of regular deads. Then, I got the box to do some deads from a deficit. After a couple sets I applied the bands. Two of the average bands (both doubled) with only 225 on the bar made lockout tough. I did a few sets of 5-7 reps each.

I did not take Muscle Marinade before training. I went with what I know works best for me. MM hasn't lived up to my expectations. I will take it for heavy upper day on Monday, though...
    -- JB \m/

20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

Sorry to hear that MM isn't hitting on all cylinders for you, Dead.

I personally have ran 3 tubs of it (not consecutively) and it worked well for me. I never had the crash issues, and the energy and focus was hitting.

•   

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Similar Forum Threads

1. Muscle Marinade!
    By benj851 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 09:30 PM
  2. For Sale: Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Grape (Muscle Builders)
    By winwrightsa in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 02:55 AM
  3. For Sale: Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Grape (Muscle Builders)
    By winwrightsa in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 02:51 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 02:26 PM
  5. Muscle Marinade Log
    By DreamWeaver in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 11:10 AM