poison logs gear....Legal Gear, that is!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I just started a temporary gig today, no idea how long it'll go. But you're right, and I was moving on it, trying to get some commercial, wholesale accounts going.

You know what motivated me more than anything? My daughter started crying one night as my wife put her to bed. She said she feels like I missed out on a lot of her life so far, and 'wants me to take her to school every morning'. And she's right: it feels like my 4yo has been a toddler for a very long time, because I've been unemployed off and on the last 2 years, whereas I was working 6 12 hour days a week for the 8yo's first 6 years.

I was actually disappointed when I got the call for this job over the weekend. But I couldn't pay my mortgage this month, yet...

I'm sitting here at work (noon-midnight) wishing I could take my daughter to judo tonight. At least I had a half day just with her yesterday. We walked from the house to a Japanese dive restaurant and ate lunch, then walked back, around 3 miles total. She held my hand the whole way.
    sometimes i feel like we are all economic slaves!!! imagine how daniel boone would feel having to pay for bottled water!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

2. I know exactly what you mean. I'm the type that couple easily step outside the mainstream/rat race, and live a 'different' lifestyle. Live on a beach in Thailand or mountain in Bhutan and lead mt bike trips or something. My wife, not so much.

On our walk yesterday, my daughter said she wants to live on a farm and have goats. I'm in!!!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I'm the type that couple easily step outside the mainstream/rat race, and live a 'different' lifestyle. Live on a beach in Thailand or mountain in Bhutan and lead mt bike trips or something. My wife, not so much.

On our walk yesterday, my daughter said she wants to live on a farm and have goats. I'm in!!!
    at the end of my enlistment i went to the phillipines, when i got out i went back and went to school on the gi bill. no running water and electricity, and cooked on charcoal grills-i f'ing loved it. used to do jest training just for fun-i was in really great shape by the time i left. lots of fish and rice, lol.

4. That's it, right there. I had an experience overseas that taught me how little I really need to be happy, and it ain't much. Food, and a dry bed, and health.

People forgot KISS a LONG time ago. Sounds like you and I would like hanging out under questionable circumstances.

5. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    That's it, right there. I had an experience overseas that taught me how little I really need to be happy, and it ain't much. Food, and a dry bed, and health.

People forgot KISS a LONG time ago. Sounds like you and I would like hanging out under questionable circumstances.
    i think so-you seem like the kind of guy to have my back-likewise!

old school values, my friend.
    •   

6. BJJ this morning, 2.5 hrs on asgt/ghenerate and no food. I feel great, getting used to these fasted workouts. I'll add in some BCAA+EAA's soon, I'm sure that'll help.

We did more spider guard drills today (kinda like this):

YouTube - BJJ Instruction: Spider Guard + Omoplata + S-Mount + Subs

A blue belt came in, and once again, I gave him a really hard time. I submitted him the first round, the second he choked me, the 3rd I locked him in half guard and staved off his attacks until the clock ran out. The instructor commented that I'm doing well against blue belts.

7. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    BJJ this morning, 2.5 hrs on asgt/ghenerate and no food. I feel great, getting used to these fasted workouts. I'll add in some BCAA+EAA's soon, I'm sure that'll help.

We did more spider guard drills today (kinda like this):

YouTube - BJJ Instruction: Spider Guard + Omoplata + S-Mount + Subs

A blue belt came in, and once again, I gave him a really hard time. I submitted him the first round, the second he choked me, the 3rd I locked him in half guard and staved off his attacks until the clock ran out. The instructor commented that I'm doing well against blue belts.
    big fan of fasted workouts 1st thing upon waking. i like hitting it when i am fresh!!! after my coffee and supps of course.

8. Damn I remember when LG was just starting out. M1T was still legal lol

9. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    big fan of fasted workouts 1st thing upon waking. i like hitting it when i am fresh!!! after my coffee and supps of course.
    You know what, if I keep the weight workouts short, when fasted, it doesn't really affect power in a huge way. For BJJ it's no problem, until I hit around 4-5 five minute rounds, then I start to gas. Then I'm a ravenous pit the rest of the day.

10. BJJ is coming along good. I only got 5 hours sleep last night, and did class on ASGT and Ghenerate. Energy and clarity were really good despite the short sleep. I was sweating up a storm, and I've been hot all day, the thermogenic effect is strong. Libido is also strong, lately.

11. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    BJJ is coming along good. I only got 5 hours sleep last night, and did class on ASGT and Ghenerate. Energy and clarity were really good despite the short sleep. I was sweating up a storm, and I've been hot all day, the thermogenic effect is strong. Libido is also strong, lately.
    strong libido is common on asgt-don't know what effect ghenerate has on libido.

12. Well I guess so! So we've got endurance, strength, enery, focus, hormonal effects, and libido, in one product? And it's not $45 for a month or less? That's my kind of math.

13. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Well I guess so! So we've got endurance, strength, enery, focus, hormonal effects, and libido, in one product? And it's not $45 for a month or less? That's my kind of math.
    yup-asgt gets lots of love. i was chosen to log asgt/t-911, that should be a lotta fun!!!

14. I'm on FIRE!!! Awesome workout today! I'll post up more later.

15. Rolled out of bed, took a scoop of ASGT and 6 pumps Ghenerate, and cruised over to the gym.

2 miles - 14:52! First time I've broken 15:00 in the vibrams. Felt GREAT!

I was pressed for time, so I did alternating decline bench and low rows on the Hammer Strength, with no rest in between. I was up 20lbs on both lifts over any workout since this log started!

I did 4 sets of pullups, then I skipped DL, due to time and a back issue that's been bothering me, and did tricep pressdowns and cable curls, alternating, 3 sets of each. I was up 10lbs on pressdowns.

I stretched my back out good, went home to shower, and hit a job interview feeling alpha. Pump and vascularity during this workout were crazy. Someone actually said, "you look like an MMA fighter", lol. No, but thanks. I bought an ABB MAXX Recovery drink, which i'd normally sip during my workout after running, but I'm really trying hard to let the GH effects of the stack kick in full force. I sipped it as I stretched, couldn't help it as I was tapped.

Seriously, though, intensity, drive, and focus were very strong during the workout, and I have no doubt this helped me in my interview. They want me back for a second interview next week.

16. hey man-i hope you nail the job!!!

17. Thanks! I'm just feeling it out. I just started a temporary job; might go 3 months, or 3 more days. This interview is a permanent position, I'd be working with a 7yo kid. Pay isn't up to snuff, but I'm going through the process to see where it goes. Maybe I can squeeze more from them, because I'm super-qualified for this job, specifically. They won't find someone like me again. I've worked a lot of kids.

I really just want to buy an espresso machine, get a small space, and start slinging espressos.

18. I was screwed for time today, but I got in a sub-15 minute 2 mile run, deadlift, and pullups/dips. Sub 30 minute workout. Running is getting better.

19. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Thanks! I'm just feeling it out. I just started a temporary job; might go 3 months, or 3 more days. This interview is a permanent position, I'd be working with a 7yo kid. Pay isn't up to snuff, but I'm going through the process to see where it goes. Maybe I can squeeze more from them, because I'm super-qualified for this job, specifically. They won't find someone like me again. I've worked a lot of kids.

I really just want to buy an espresso machine, get a small space, and start slinging espressos.
    man-i really hope you get that espresso machine!!!

one of lifes blessings is to be able to make a living doing something you really enjoy!

20. Thanks, thebigt! Me too.

The last 3 mornings I've woken up with a feeling of muscle fullness or tightness. I was stretching in bed, and grabbed my tricep, and it surprised me. I noticed it on Monday, but didn't notice it over the weekend, my off days. The effect is pronounced.

21. # hours of BJJ/Judo this morning. Talk about fasted cardio! I'll be adding BCAA's shortly, because this is kind of extreme.

I drilled the North/South guard a lot today. I LOVE side control, and sometimes techniques come around that just click. My instructor threw the N/S on, and I said 'whoa, show me'. It fits my style and body.

YouTube - North South Choke

Just like that. My judo background is heavy on pins, side control, etc, and the transition from side to the N/S position, accompanied by the choke/neck crank is perfect for me.

I've been working on tai otoshi with my instructor, I think it fits his style.

YouTube - Won Hee Lee's Tai Otoshi

He's a freakin prodigy, he picks it up FAST!

22. I haven't updated this week, been busy putting together THIS THREAD. I got seriously side-tracked looking at the ingredients of ASGT. Pretty fascinating stuff, and I love that 1) it uses stuff like Mulberry, Hibiscus, ellagic acid, ursolic acid, quercetin, resveratrol, and so on, and 2) that these ingredients have wide-reaching effects on overall health, with many having potentially potent anti-cancer effects, as well as antioxidant and overall health and well-being effects.

Anyway, to sum up my experience so far: I'm leaner, stronger, and fitter. Two people in the last week have come up at the gym and said I'm looking great, more muscular. I've been shaving around 10 seconds off my 2 mile time on the runs, every run. I'm under 14:30 now. I have noticed more shedding, from ASGT, I presume. I hope Toco8 kicks in.

About Ghenerate: I wake up feeling...not pumped, but tight. There's a difference on days I take a dose, and days I don't (weekends off). Normally after hard grappling, I have some finger soreness/joint pain, and I've noticed this is nearly gone. I'm curious to see how the IGH-1 helps, when I start it up soon. I just ordered it. I'll also be adding in BCAA+EAA.

23. i hope adding in the igh1 does as much for you as it did for me. igh1/ghenerate is a potent combo.

24. We'll see. I can't wait! I expect to see some results adding in the bcaa+eaa, as well. These fasted classes and workouts are a bit extreme. The upshot is I'm giving ghenerate plenty of time to do its thing!

25. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    We'll see. I can't wait! I expect to see some results adding in the bcaa+eaa, as well. These fasted classes and workouts are a bit extreme. The upshot is I'm giving ghenerate plenty of time to do its thing!
    big upgrade-trust me!!!

26. Today, ASGT/Ghenerate > gym.

2 mile run - 14:18! I LOVE the VFF's. This is my best time in them yet. I'm no longer crippled sore after every run (in fact I'm not sore at all). I'm headed to sub-13's, which isn't awesome, but considering I only run twice a week, and weight a relatively heavy 187 or so, I'm happy.

alternating flat bench and one arm dumbell rows, fast pace, no rest, sets of 5 on bench and 10 on rows, worked up to 205 on bench and 90lb dumbells. Yes, I suck at bench, but I'm happy: I had rotator cuff issues for 12 years. With help from a powerlifting buddy, I corrected my bench form, did lots of rotator cuff work, and I'm slowly moving up in bench weight, pain-free.

DL - 30 x 135, 15 seconds rest, 20 x 135. This is where the run screws me. I'm so weak after running.

Dips - 15, 10, 10

alternating curls and skull crushers, and stretch

It all took 50 minutes.

27. ASGT/Ghenerate > BJJ, freaking 7am this morning. Class went til 9. bunch of people showed up, and it was a blast. They're saying I'm ready to compete; I'm psyched to jump on the mat, so whenever they give me the word, I'm game. I haven't weighed myself, but I need to. I'd like to drop to 175 or so, without losing strength. I'm ready to maul some folks.

28. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    ASGT/Ghenerate > BJJ, freaking 7am this morning. Class went til 9. bunch of people showed up, and it was a blast. They're saying I'm ready to compete; I'm psyched to jump on the mat, so whenever they give me the word, I'm game. I haven't weighed myself, but I need to. I'd like to drop to 175 or so, without losing strength. I'm ready to maul some folks.
    just wait till you add the igh1, you won't believe the boost it gives the ghenerate.

29. My mail carrier pulled his pepper spray on me this morning, and simply said "don't ask".

30. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    My mail carrier pulled his pepper spray on me this morning, and simply said "don't ask".

yeah, my wife always knows when i am expecting something-i get real antsy at mail time, lol.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Legal gear vs. Legit gear....
    By 21p in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 11:58 AM
  2. Legal Gear
    By icanrace in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 11:13 PM
  3. M1P - Legal Gear