Getting Marinated with Purus Labs Muscle Marinade!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
First and foremost, I would like to thank Grambo and Purus Labs for giving me the opportunity to try out this product. I will run this product for 27 lifting days and then give it a review. I give my word that my review will be honest and impartial.

My training right now is as follows...

Upper Body, Lower Body, Off, repeat. Currently i'm doing high volume as the past few weeks I had been doing heavier weight and it was taking it's toll on my body.

So my marinade arrived today, just in time for my lower body workout. I was reading the label (print is really small!) - Purus says to take no more than one scoop at a time and that one scoop is all you need.

They aren't lying.

I was really lightheaded and energetic the whole workout. For now, i'm not going to update with exercise and weights (unless you guys would like to see that - I have no problems doing that). I will comment on the profile tomorrow as I haven't had time to sit down and look at it.

Needless to say I had a solid lift, and i'm looking forward to seeing how my body adapts to this product.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established

Looking at the label....the ATP Resynthesis/Intracellular Carnosine-Anserine Bossting/Myocellular Pwer & Endurance Complex is pretty decent. 6g of creatine mono, 2.5g betanine, and 2g beta alanine (which is a ****load IMO).

I'm really looking forward to continuing to use this product. I had a solid upper body lift today and was just really pumped by the time I was ready to leave the gym. Good ****!

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
:drive: I'm in for the ride...

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
:drive: I'm in for the ride...
Thanks for the support!

I had a pretty intense lower body session last night....looked like this

6 sets of front squats
5 sets of deadlifts
4 sets of BB Hack Squats
3 sets of lying leg curls
3 sets of one legged raises
3 sets of calf raises
Various Weighted Ab Work

So far it's really helping me push through the workouts. However, I noticed a slight headache last night. The harder I pushed towards the end of the workout....the more pronounced it became. Maybe I'm just sensitive to the formula and it could take me a few days to adjust. Still had a great workout regardless

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Were you able to sleep last night? I see how potent that stim complex is and see this as a morning only pre-workout (at least for me).

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Were you able to sleep last night? I see how potent that stim complex is and see this as a morning only pre-workout (at least for me).
Yeah man I had no problems sleeping. I took my dose at 5pm. I usually am winding down for bed around 10:30-11ish and am asleep by 11:30pm. I don't think I'd take it any later than 5-5:30pm

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Today was supposed to be an off day....but I decided to lift today and take tomorrow off (going to happy hour with a chick). Will still wake up tomorrow and do my jump rope and ab circuits.

Tonights lift looked like this

BB Incline 3 sets with a triple drop set on last set
Smith Machine Rows for 4 sets
EZ Bar Curls for 6 sets
Rope pulldowns for 4 sets
Plate Raises for 3 sets
BB Shrug for 5 sets
Parallel Bar Pulldowns for 4 sets
Various core work

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So today was the REAL test for muscle marinade.

Last night, I went out for some drinks with this chick I've been messing around with. We each had two 32oz blue moons a piece (only $5.50 per mug) and split a bottle of wine when we got back to my place. Needless to say it was a LATE NIGHT. We actually had sex on the rooftop of my building....19th floor overlooking the capital building and national monument here in DC. Pretty BA.

So I got to bed about one and felt kind of ****ty this morning. Woke up at 7ish. 6 hours of drunken sleep. Worked all day and went to the gym.

Needless to say I had an awesome lift. MM really came through today...and it was a lower body day!

BB Squats - 135x20, 185x15, 225x10, 225x10, 250x8
Box Jumps - 32in x10 for 3 sets
Seated Calf Raises - 90x15, 140x12, x12, x12
Hamstring Curl - 90x12 for 4 sets
SLDL - 135x20, 185x15, x12, x12
One Legged Extensions - 60x12 for four sets
Leg Press - 2pps x20, 3pps x20, 4pps x20

Did a lot of reps nice and slow today....really focused on squeezing the muscle and utilizing time under tension.

Done. Skipped core work today as it was super sore from Tuesday (did core twice that day) and I was tired as $h!t at that point.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
following this log...i'm nursing an injury and am forced to take few weeks off from training, but have a brand new unopened container of MM on standby. what flavor do you have? how's the taste...any thoughts on the ingredient profile? keep the reviews coming...

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Nicely done!!! All around ;)
Haha thanks Bo$$

following this log...i'm nursing an injury and am forced to take few weeks off from training, but have a brand new unopened container of MM on standby. what flavor do you have? how's the taste...any thoughts on the ingredient profile? keep the reviews coming...
Glad to have you! Sorry to hear about the injury man....what'd you injure and how did you do it?

I have the grape juice flavor. I usually throw a scoop in 16oz of water on the rocks. It's not a bad taste. Personally taste usually isn't a really big issue for me on any product. I just man up lol. But really though it's not spectacular, but it's not the worst. Kinda in the middle with taste. It's okay. I chug all my preWOs in like 5 sec anyways :)

Now as far as the ingredient profile goes....it seems to have a nice dose of EAAs (about 6 grams). I usually drink on 12g of EAAs during my workout as it is...so I don't mind having that extra before hand.

It has a ****load of Beta Alanine. 2g is a decent amount...and if you wanted to you could even get some bulk and add to this. I usually feel the BA tingle on my walk to the gym...about 15min after I slam my MM.

It also has 6g of creatine mono. Pretty typical for most preWOs to have some creatine. I'm glad it's mono and not some other BS creatine. Mono and Dicreatine Malate are the only two creatines I care to use. Dicreatine Malate is a dietary compound comprising of creatine and malic acid. This advanced creatine form is more PH-stable, more water-soluble, and is more bioavalable than regular creatine monohydrate.

I would comment on the stim complex but I do not know much about it. But it DOES work (see previous post)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Stimulant complex is just caffeine and geranium.....but very high dosed haha
Yeah my body has not adjusted to those yet...I seem to be getting slight headaches towards the end of my workouts. Not a big issue as my body typically handles stims very well. But I think that just goes to show you that purus labs did not **** around with this formula.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Yeah my body has not adjusted to those yet...I seem to be getting slight headaches towards the end of my workouts. Not a big issue as my body typically handles stims very well. But I think that just goes to show you that purus labs did not **** around with this formula.
I'm getting the same thing. My headache comes about an hour after training. I seem to come down rather hard off the stims in MM for some reason.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting the same thing. My headache comes about an hour after training. I seem to come down rather hard off the stims in MM for some reason.
Ah you know I never thought about that. I thought maybe the stims were too much but maybe it's the crash that's causing the headache.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Had a real solid lift today....like unbelievable. I basically had to force myself to quit working out. I can literally feel my muscles craving carbs and protein. So i'm about to feed them with a 1lb of top sirloin and a 12oz sweet potato :)

Anyways I feel like today's preworkout nutrition and MM really helped giving me the edge in the gym. My girl gave me her left overs from pf changs to eat this morning (a spicy tofu w/ white rice). It was so good! The spicyness really helped wake me up. It wasn't nearly enough food....so i threw a bowl of oatmeal and raisins and a protein shake on top of it. Took my MM 1 hour later and went to the gym! Here's what went down....

Superset 1
BB Decline - 135x20, 185x15, 225x10, 250x8
V Grip Pulldown - L8x15, L9x15, L10x12, L11x12

Superset 2
45lb plate raise for 4 sets of 12 (makes me look soooo vascular and pumped in my shoulders)
DB Shrugs - 85x12 for 4 sets

Superset 3
Pinwheel/DB Curls - 25 to fail for two sets, 30 to fail for two sets
Skullcrushers (w/CGBP) - 80x10 (x12), 60x12 (x12), 60x12 (x12)

Superset 4
Smith Bent Over Rows - 135x12, x12, 155x10, x10
Push ups w/one foot on ball - 4 sets of 10

Started doing core work....and started supersetting other exercises into my core. So I did like 2-4 ab exercises, then started throwing other **** in. Would do something for bi's then back to abs, then tri's then back to abs, etc. Basically did this rotation until I hit all my upper body one more time and left the gym.

I would also like to report that I did not have a headache today during my lift or after.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Another solid lift today!

Superset 1
Front Squats - 95x12, 135x12, 155x12, 175x12, 185x8
Seated calf raise - 95x12, x12, 120x12, x12

Superset 2
Deadlifts - 185x15, 185x15, 225x12, 260x8
Single Leg Extension - 60x12, x12, 75x12, x12

Superset 3
Leg Press - 2pps x12, 3pps x12, 4pps x12
Lying Leg Curl - 100x12, 110x12, 120x12

Various core work - medicine ball throws, stability $hit, rope crunches, floor wipers, etc

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
So sorry for the lack of updates the last few days...I've actually started training a friend of mine which has been pretty awesome.

He's 32 and hasn't lifted in ages. So we're basically starting from square one. It's nice though....I really enjoy the challenge of being a teacher and a trainer. It's the first time I've ever had a steady training partner since I first started lifting 7 years ago. Having the opportunity to pass on what I know is pretty awesome.

I also want to be a college professor and a potential trainer/gym owner so this is great experience for me.

Anyways with all that aside, my workouts have been good. I haven't really been keeping track of my weights...simply because i've been focused on my training partner. Don't get me wrong though....I'm still taking my MM and I'm still hitting it super hard to show him what he can achieve if he works as hard as I do.

Nothing new to report....lifts are going solid, strength is good for my weight, plenty of energy through my lifts, no more headaches.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Oh man oh man did I have an awesome workout today!!! Upper body FTW!

Incline DB Press - 50x12, 75x10, 100x8, 110x6

DB Rows - 100x10, 120x10, 100x10, x10

Smith Shoulder Press - 135x10, 145x10, 185x8, 225x6

Parallel Bar Pulldowns - L12x10 - 4 sets

Pinwheel curls - 4 sets @ 35 w/drop set on 4th

DB Shrugs - 100x10 - 4 sets

*various core work - killed it*

Rope pulldowns - L8x8 four sets

*few more core exercises then left*

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Today was beast mode!

Title says it all....

Decline BB Bench - 135x12, 185x10, 225x8, 300x5, 275x5

HS Shoulder Press - 1 pps + 25ps x10, 2pps x10, 2pps + 25ps x8, 2pps + 2 25ps x5

HS High Row - 2pps x12, 3pps x8, x8, 2pps + 25ps x8

BB Shrug - 225x10, 275x8, x8, x8

Reverse Curls - 40x12, 60x10, 70x10, x8

Skullcrushers SS w/ CGBP - 80x8 (x8) for four sets

DB Laterals - 20x10, 25x10, x10, x10

Core work at the beginning and end of workout

R

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Good numbers man ,I have tried just 2 samples of MM and feel the pumps after 3 hours of my workout is a great product!!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Good numbers man ,I have tried just 2 samples of MM and feel the pumps after 3 hours of my workout is a great product!!
Thanks, i'm only hoping they get better from here! MM is a good product...it works great with a nutrient partitioner

R

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
And which is your nutrient repartioner??and how do you use it Pre-w,post-w??

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
And which is your nutrient repartioner??and how do you use it Pre-w,post-w??
well i tend to eat lots of complex carbs over the weekend....today i used glycobol, pslin, and recompadrol :)

But starting this week i'll only be using recompadrol. But as you can see my lifts were ridiculous today and I had a pretty good pump. I felt really strong the weights were just flying up.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Title says it all....

Decline BB Bench - 135x12, 185x10, 225x8, 300x5, 275x5

HS Shoulder Press - 1 pps + 25ps x10, 2pps x10, 2pps + 25ps x8, 2pps + 2 25ps x5

HS High Row - 2pps x12, 3pps x8, x8, 2pps + 25ps x8

BB Shrug - 225x10, 275x8, x8, x8

Reverse Curls - 40x12, 60x10, 70x10, x8

Skullcrushers SS w/ CGBP - 80x8 (x8) for four sets

DB Laterals - 20x10, 25x10, x10, x10

Core work at the beginning and end of workout

Nice. How's the Marinade working for you overall so far?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Nice. How's the Marinade working for you overall so far?
You know I can't complain! I've been having better lifts - throwing up higher poundages and doing more work in my workouts. Pretty solid preWO IMO.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Sounds decent.... :D
And you know this mannnnnn

Sorry for the lack of updates this past week....i'm on vacation until the 20th. But down worry i'm still lifting and using my MM. It's still treating me right.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Nice log so far dark! I'll be watching this. . due to my curiosity with Purus labs!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Nice log so far dark! I'll be watching this. . due to my curiosity with Purus labs!
Thanks man! This Muscle Marinade makes me want to get a hold of some of their PH products :bigok:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

So I finished my tub of MM over the weekend and I thought I'd just wrap this up with a final review:

Taste (grape juice flavor): 7/10 not bad, not great, but better than other preWO drinks I've had in the past

Formula: 10/10 I liked the way it was formulated...aminos, creatine, heavy dose of BA, plenty of stims etc..

Packaging: 5/10 I thought the container was really cool...until I got to the bottom half. It started to become difficult to get a full scoop out of the container. It has some odd indentations that get in the way. My very last serving ended up mostly on the counter; I had to flip it upside-down to get the last serving out.

Side Effects: 9/10 Initally, I had a slight headache problem towards the end of my lift and PostWO. I eventually adapted to this, but other than that I saw no negative sides.

Energy: 10/10 I had a few lifts where I was just totally drained (hung over, few hours of sleep, etc) and MM really came through and helped me power through my workout

Overall Score: 41/50 = 82% B

And most importantly I would like to thank Grambo and Purus Labs for giving me the opportunity to log this product. This product does work and I would recommend that you all give it a shot at least once to see how you like it.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whoooo! Great review.

I want to thank you for the detailed review and the very thought out final review. Appreciate it big time. Glad you enjoyed it.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Whoooo! Great review.

I want to thank you for the detailed review and the very thought out final review. Appreciate it big time. Glad you enjoyed it.
No problem brother! Least I can do for being given this opportunity. Hope others find this review insightful and helpful.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Nice review brutha mang!!! Looking great. . .all things considering i would try this. . .haha taste and packaginig aren't to much of a bother as long as the hard results are fantastic! which it seems like they are!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Nice review brutha mang!!! Looking great. . .all things considering i would try this. . .haha taste and packaginig aren't to much of a bother as long as the hard results are fantastic! which it seems like they are!
Thanks. Yeah the results are def there. I notice a lot of people attribute strength gains to preWO products...personally i think your strength is related to years of conditioning and the amount of calories you are eating. Strength is relative to an individual...so i didn't really want to include it here.