AMS Pump Fixx Log

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing special in the name, I found it's easier to search for reviews with the name in the title. I am not going to give a rundown on the supplement because if you're searching it....you probably already know what you're looking for.

AMS Pump Fixx is THE ONLY PERFORMANCE SUPPLEMENT I AM TAKING. I take Vitamin D3 in the morning and Vitamin C. I will be taking 2-3 scoops 30min pre-workout.

Starting Weight: 189~190lbs
*Picture was taken on 7/26/2010 in the morning.
Diet Goals: Hardcore Cutting
Measurements: Cold, unflex'd 1st thing in the morning.
-Waist: 32"
-Chest: 43"
-Right Arm: 14.75"
-Left Arm: <15"
-Legs: You and I both dont want to know :sad:

Lifting /Cardio Schedule:
Sunday: Cardio
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Triceps
Friday: Biceps
Saturday: Shoulders
*I also do abs but the schedule for them is not set in stone.

Cardio:
1 am session & 1 pm session. 45minutes on the tredmill

D

Attachments

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good intro. As a reminder....dont shake this stuff. It will explode. I only say this since most of our loggers have shaken it the first or second time lol

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
Nothing special in the name, I found it's easier to search for reviews with the name in the title.

Picture was taken earlier this morning, Just took some Pump Fixx and about to head to the gym.....I'll report back in about an hour or so....
i dig the hair man haha

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did not shake it! I remember seeing in a thread about it exploding so :thumbsup:

1st workout was chest. I was sick this past weekend so I didn't really know what to expect from my workout.

Modified Flat BB Bench
135x20
185x12
195x10
205x7

Incline DB Fly's
40x12
45x10
50x10

Machine Fly's
90x10
90x10
90x10

Cable Cross-Overs
40x12
40x12
40x12

I took 2 scoops 2day and strength was lagging a little. Energy was not, I felt great the entire workout. Pumps were somewhat improved, for some reason I had been geeting great pumps last week out of the blue, but they were slightly better 2day. Not too much more to report on there.

1st Impressions

Taste:
-Exactly like the LG's old Cold Fusion EX, expect it was less gritty. So like a red smartee in other words

Mixibility:
-Was great, gave it a few stirs with a spoon and it was good to go.

Energy:
-Awesome! There was a big difference here. I have been using NO SUPPLEMENTS, NONE!!!! Well for the pst 8 weeks or so so the pick me up was def there.

tattoopierced1

Thats what I love about Pump Fixx is the great energy you get from it. Its not jittery energy, and I've gone all the way up to 3 scoops and have never had an "energy crash". I feel like I can pound out the weights for hours on end when taking this stuff.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got done with cardio, I took measurements this morning right when I woke up. IDK why but for some reason my right arm is smaller than my left now. I've had this problem for a while but I had finally evened them out and they were both on track. Maybe from throwing 3 days a week?

I may back pump fixx down to 1 scoop. Doing 1 before morning cardio and 1 before workouts. What do you think of this tatto?

tattoopierced1

Just got done with cardio, I took measurements this morning right when I woke up. IDK why but for some reason my right arm is smaller than my left now. I've had this problem for a while but I had finally evened them out and they were both on track. Maybe from throwing 3 days a week?

I may back pump fixx down to 1 scoop. Doing 1 before morning cardio and 1 before workouts. What do you think of this tatto?
give it a whirl and see how it does for you. I was taking 3 a day, but backed down to 2 and it still works great. I've not tried splitting the dose up, but I'm sure it will work fine.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
workout number 2...Back/Traps

Neutral Grip Pull Downs
175x10
175x10
175x8

Hammer Strength Y-Rows
180x12
200x10
230x6

Reverse Clos Grip Pull Downs
125x12
125x12
125x8

Rope Pull Downs
3 sets @ 15,12,10
-idk what weight I was using

BB Shrugs
135x30
225x10
225x10

DB Shrugs
75x15
85x12
95x10

Im gonna stick with 2 scoops Pre-Workout. The energy is awesome! Slight increase in pumps as well, but no increase in vascularity yet. Endurance is so-so, im dying out on my 3rd set. Maybe rest time wasn't long enough but either way I have awesome energy again 2day.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
strong WO. I wanted to log pump fixx also anxious to see how it goes for you bro

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious but how exactly do you 'modify' your bench press?
It's nothing super crazy, just not how most people bench. I haven't met anyone who does.

I start by putting my feet up on the bench. I use a pinky on the outer ring grip (nothing special here). Every negative is 4-5 seconds, 1st rep to last. When pressing I don't lock out on top, If the full press was say 16" from chest to lock out, I usually stop at 8-12" i'd say. Then a 2 count squeeze with my chest.

I have never really felt the flat BB bench press in my chest, doing it this way my chest is on fire. It took me a while to figure this out. Used a lot of different things from suggestions from friends over the years because almost everyone has a benching tip.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Triceps, had an ok workout. Solid energy again thats for sure. Got some pretty violent BA tingles 2day also. Pump was ok but I think it was more I had a hard time getting into the grove with my training and really isolating the tricep. I've had this problem the past few times. I did notice some improved vascularity from last week, I got a good amount of water yesterday and 2day so that may have had something to do with it seeing as I was kinda sick over the weekend. Now on to the workout......

Rope Pushdowns
60x12
60x12
60x10

Skull Crushers
75x12
75x12
75x10

Single Arm Reverse Grip Push Down
20x15
30x12
40x8

DB Kickbacks
20x12
20x12
25x8

I think next week im going to train heavier for triceps. As my amigo roch says; if the bar ain't bending youre just pretending ;)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i kno i kno im one hell of a jokester, lol.

it was great, I had a great workout. Energy and endurance were outstanding. However, about 5 minutes after taking the Pump Fixx it made me take a huge sh!t :lol:

Bicep workout

BB Curls (in the squat rack :sad: I was that guy 2day)
55x12
65x10
75x8

Seated DB Curls
35x12
40x10
45x7

DB Hammer Curls
40x12
45x10
50x7

Concentration curls
*5 sec negative, 2 sec squeeze, 4 sec negative
15x8
15x8
15x8

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
damn i miss taking pre wo shakes ..
glad the pump fixx is puttin in work
nice wo's too bro

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoulders today, I took 3 scoops again :D

Arnold Presses
45x12
45x12
45x12

Single Arm DB Lateral Raises
20x12
20x12
25x10

Lying Rear Delt Raise
15x12
15x12
20x8

DB Alt. Front Raise
35x12
35x10
35x8

Rear Delt Machine
125x10
125x10
105x10

DB Shrugs
75x15
75x15
75x15

More awesome jitter free energy from 2days workout, solid enduarnce too. Pumps and vascularity were so-so 2day but I think that's more from a diet stand point and i have a cheat meal planned for 2nite.

One thing about the Pump Fixx, make sure you leave a good amount of space in your cup of water when you mix it. It foams a lot and will expand a good few inches. Today mine spilt over, it does go down but it takes about a minute for the foam to go away. It is slightly irratating.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you swirl it a bit it usually gets rid of the foam to some degree. Maybe you are doing that already though.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you swirl it a bit it usually gets rid of the foam to some degree. Maybe you are doing that already though.
No, thanks for the heads up.

I mixed up 1 scoop this morning, before I read this, before cardio and it was solid pick me up. I had taken some benadryl last night to help me sleep from the horrific gas from my cheat meal :lol: Needless to say I was dragging a little bit this morning from it. PumpFixx was there to help.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wanted to fill you guys in on what my diet looks like so you can see how this supplement may affect you on your diet

Now before anyone goes banana's....I will be following this for a week, then a carb load on sunday. From there on out this diet will be the low carb day and the higher days will be wednesday and sunday.

Meal 1:
8 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal (dry)

Meal 2:
8 oz chicken
2TBS Almond Butter or Peanut Butter

Meal 3: (~1hr Pre-workout)
6 egg whites
1 scoop Isolate
1TBS Almond or Peanut Butter
1TBS MCT Oil

Post-Workout:
2 scoop Whey Isolate

Meal 5:
8oz Chicken
2 TBS Almond or Peanut Butter
OR 1/4 cup Almonds

Meal 6:
6 egg whites
30gr healthy fat
-2TBS Flax Oil
-2TBS EVOO
-2TBS Safflower Oil

Macro-Break Down
Protein: ~280 (55%)
Cabrs: ~30gr (5%)
Fat: 85gr (40%)
Calories: ~2000

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty goo workout 2day, Im super sun burnt so that was irratating but I had a great pump 2day. Best since I started cutting. I took 3 scoops again 2day and it sent me to the bathroom about 15min later. However, for the energy it gives me, minor problem.

Flat BB Bench
185x10
185x9
185x6

Incline DB Fly's
45x12
50x10
55x9

Machine Fly's
90x10
90x10
90x10

High pully Fly's
40x12
40x12
40x9

Bench numbers are way down but everything else is the same, incline DB flys went up. I was really surprised about the pump 2day. I have had about 60gr of carbs in the last 2days. I did have a cheat/carb up meal saturday, maybe that had something to do with it too.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty good workout 2day. I forgot to eat my oatmeal for breakfast. As I was leaving for the gym, there it was sitting on the counter lol. So I quickly mixed up a sample packet of Universal Intr-Aid....I wish I hadn't

Neutral Grip Pull-Ups
BWx15
BWx13
BWx8

Hammer Machine Iso-Y-Row
180x12
200x10
230x8

Lat-Pull Down
165x12
165x12
165x10

Straight Arm Rope Pull Downs
3 sets of 10-15

Shrugs
6 sets of 10-20 reps

PumpFixx delivers on energy, I love it. Pump was ok, but the intra Aid tastes awful and bloated my stomach like WHOOOOA. So I couldnt really gauge my pump bc of my stomach. Vasculairty wasn't too much 2day either. I'll get a real accurate gauge on this next monday I think. After a carb true load.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really surprised from my findings with Pump Fixx 2day. I have had only a few hours of sleep these last few days because of travel and changing time zones. I had a later workout this evening because i had been sleeping a good but today and dragging ass real bad. I also had not eaten in close to 4.5hrs. Super tired I still took 3 scoops PumpFixx and to my findings, clean energy. I really thought I was going to be jittery after not eating for that long and being sleep deprived but to my surprise I had a great workout from and energy and endurance standpoint. I was a little sore/creeky joints from being on a plane for 6 hrs the day before.

I hit shoulders today and here's how it went...

DB Overhead Press
55x12
55x12
55x12

Side DB Laterals
20x15
20x15
30x8

Front Cable Raises
35x15
35x15
35x12

Lying Rear Delt Raise
15x12
15x12
20x10

DB Shrugs
75x20
85x20
95x20
105x15

Vascularity suck'd 2day, had almost none. I think it's from flying though and having a "welcome back home" meal. thats twice this week diet has slipped but when people make you dishes, you can't really turn them down, IMO. Pump was pretty awesome though and you can see weight's were up from last week.

2maro my training partner is going to try some PumpFixx, hope AMS doesn't mind but I think getting his take will be good 4 the overall product review. He is a stim junkie, I've seen him drink an entire Endorush and wash it down with a rockstar so he should give a good honest feed back. BTW he loves USPLabs Jack3d so he can put them head to head real quick.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit arms 2gether today bc of my schedule, Finally got a super swole pump. Arms were ridicuilously pump'd. Enegery and endurance solid as always.

Everything was superset*

Close Grip Bench
185x10
185x10
185x8

BB Curls
65x12
75x10
85x9

Skull Crushers
75x15
75x15
75x14

DB Curls
30x12
30x12
30x12

Reverse Grip Press Downs
100x10
110x8
115x7

Rope Curls
100x12
100x12
100x10

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet man spread the fixx around. Did he try it yet? I'm interested in his thoughts as well. Solid log

tattoopierced1

Yea he did, he said in a text "I got a way better pump than with Jack3d" He's sending me and e-mail with a little mini write-up.
awesome.. coming from me personally using Jack3d and now Pump Fixx, I actually like the energy I get from PF much better...very very clean energy.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't get to train yesterday, had some family stuff to take care of but killed it 2day. 3 scoops of PumpFixx, didn't disapoint with energy or endurance. Pump is starting to increase workout to workout. Vasularity still isn't crazy though.

Wide Grip Pull-Ups
BWx12
BWx12
BWx10

Neutral Grip Pull Ups
BWx10
BWx10
BWx8

One Arm Machine Rows
80x12
100x10
100x9

Straight Arm Rope Push Downs
3sets of 12
1 set drop set, 12x12x15

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1st Real Leg Workout in 7 months!

Today was the first real leg day in the last 7 months, it went really well. A lot better than the last time I tried to train legs. It was a light day for sure but it was still tough.

Hammer Leg Extentions
50x15
60x12
70x10

BB Squats (Ass to Grass)
135x12
135x12
135x12

Leg Press (low narrow foot position)
180x15
180x15
180x20

Hammer Lying Leg Curls
25x15
25x15
25x15

Stiff Leg Deads
135x10
135x10
135x10

Whoa, my legs are feeling pretty swole. My workout partner puke'd at least 3 times. Once mid-workout and then he ran to the bathroom as soon as we got home, pretty funny. Had great energy today and an awesome pump, but expected both; 1.) because PumpFixx gives killer energy and 2.) because i havent trained legs in 7 months so I knew a huge pump was coming.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My buddy that never takes pre-workout stuff was not a huge fan of the PumpFixx. He said it was "ok". He took 2 scoops, he never drinks energy drinks, coffee, anything like that. He's a big fan on NO-Xplode though but uses it very sparingly.

So to sum it up as of right now.....

Stim Junkie Friend: Love'd Pump Fixx, review coming soon...

Never take Pre-Workout Friend: Thought it was ok, and used NO-Xplode 2day over PumpFixx

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Superset an arm workout 2day, im going to hit shoulders and traps 2maro. A little different then planned but since I have a good workout partner now, I am going to take advantage of it.

Close Grip Bench
185x12
195x10
225x6

DB Curls
30x15
35x12
40x10

Hammer Strength Dips
180x20
200x15
230x12

Single Arm Hammer Strength Preacher Curls
25x15
35x12
45x8

Single Arm Reverse Push Down
35x15
40x12
45x12

Rope Hammer Curls
80x15
90x12
100x8

I know I said I was going to go heavier with arms this week, well I tried but I just kept moving the weight, lol. Energy was great as always, killer endurance, increasing pumps but vascularity still isn't there. I am about out of Pump Fixx, 2maro will be my last workout with the Pump Fixx. I'll write up a final review sometime this weekend or monday. I'll put my two buddies, 1 day reviews in there as well.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea he did, he said in a text "I got a way better pump than with Jack3d" He's sending me and e-mail with a little mini write-up.
Interested in this for sure.

My buddy that never takes pre-workout stuff was not a huge fan of the PumpFixx. He said it was "ok". He took 2 scoops, he never drinks energy drinks, coffee, anything like that. He's a big fan on NO-Xplode though but uses it very sparingly.

So to sum it up as of right now.....

Stim Junkie Friend: Love'd Pump Fixx, review coming soon...

Never take Pre-Workout Friend: Thought it was ok, and used NO-Xplode 2day over PumpFixx
That's about as backwards as it gets. :ponder:

And lol @ puking training partner.

Slammer17

Slammer17

Awards
nice log, I guess ill have to hop on the pump fixx train.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So sorry for not posting the review, but I think it may have worked in AMS's advantage. I got to my new house and the internet wasn't hooked up! 5 days later and a missed appt. im good to go, I also got 5 workouts in without Pump Fixx after using it for just over 3 weeks, so it's extra fresh in my mind.

Mixability: 7/10
-Mixes great! stays in solution well, but there's a catch! It foams up like whoa! im talking if you have 6 oz of water, leave at least about 4" of clearence after you stir. Then it takes a fwe minutes for the foaming to go down, but once it does youre drink it mixed, and mixed well.

Taste: 8/10
-I figure I need to be more forgiving with this aspect of reviews. Ok to me is good to most other people I talk to, guess im just picky. It taste like LG's old Cold Fusion EX, red smartee's. I like that there's a slight carbonation to it, i like carbination, dont know why :lol:

Pumps: 6/10-I go 6 because I got some ok pumps, nothing crazy. I may have said this in past reviews and maybe gave it a little higher, but my scale is getting harsher now :p
-One thing to note is I was dieting the entire time, low carbs usually means less pumps. However, the longer I used this product the more pronounced my pumps seem'd to be so that is somthing that needs to be looked at.

Vascularity: 6/10-Same thing here as above, Im not a very vascular person to begin with so that plays a part in it. I did have a lot this past week when training legs (my best bodypart)

Focus: 8/10
-Felt good with cardio/weights. When I felt that tingle I wanted to go to the gym and swell. Once I was there, I was doing what I needed to, no matter what.

Endurance: 9/10
-Huge advantage here with this product while dieting. It was almost an instant advantage. I had no problem completeing sets and moving on to the next one.

Engergy: 9.5/10
-Another instant benifit of this product. Also, NO CRASH!!!!!!!!! I was ready to go 15 minutes after my dose, no jitters or anything, clean energy. Only reason I didn't go with 10 is I had to dose 3 scoops. Still, maybe top dog as far as pure clean energy.

Overall Grade: 77%, C+
-Hold on though, there's going to be a curve given because I was low-carb and dieting here. Also, the pumps slowly started getting better with longer use of this product. At the end of the day, carbs fuel pumps.

Overall Curve Grade: 88%, B+
-I put this in my top 5 pre-workout drinks, no question. Asking me to rate the top 5 in order would be a tough task. All you need to know is I'd use any 5 of them before any workout if given the chance. I will buy AMS PumpFixx again. I haven't seen the price of this yet so I can't really comment on the overall value.

At 3 scoops it may get pricey, 2 scoops is solid though. I advise people to try that for a while before bumping up. Especially if you're not on a hardcore cutter.

At the end of the day, Pump Fixx helped me train harder, longer, period. I was taking noe supplements before this, added it in and had better workouts. You can't argue with that!

Reactions: BBB

tattoopierced1

Great review DW. I agree with you on the energy, I havent seen much that comes close to Pump Fixx in terms of clean, crash free energy. I'm 250lbs and 2 scoops does me just fine. 3 scoops and it is just overkill for my needs...as in I dont need to be working out for 3+ hours lol.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice very complete review. Your feedback seems pretty consistent with what I've heard from other users too. I think we have a trend here...

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Nice log! I think I'm gonna pick up a tub to try it out... I miss the hyperpump shots though... The BA tingles were hardcore!!!