TheDeadlifter reviews LG's ASGT...

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I received my sample ‘kit’ of ASGT, AP, Postal, and Lipotrophic Protein on Saturday July 10th. I take weekends off on my current program so the first experience was on Monday the 12th. I took a serving and a half of ASGT about 50 minute prior to training and 1 serving of AP 15 minutes prior. I had an off session - definitely not one of my best. I was pulling heavy deads and didn’t hit my goal of 530x2 (I only hit 1 complete rep and one partial – piss poor performance; I should be able to hit 2 maybe 3 reps of 530 any day of the week). After training I mixed some Postal in my bottle and chugged that. I noticed that I felt more drained and tired than usual about an hour after training.

Tuesday the 13th was a speed bench day. I took only 1 serving of each, ASGT and AP. I felt great throughout my entire training session. The weight felt light and I ended up doing more reps that usual – and I hate reps.
Skip on to Friday the 16th. I saved the last servings of ASGT and AP for my speed deadlift day. I took 2 full servings of both ASGT (40 minutes prior) and AP (10-15 minutes prior). My program called for me to work up to 435 and do 6 sets of 3 with 90 second rests. I pulled a few warm-up sets (135, 225, 315, 405) and began the torture. After my 6th set of 435 I seriously wanted to do more. I was so ready to just keep going with the deads. It was the first time in a while that I didn’t need chalk; for some reason my grip held perfectly. I ended up doing some shrugs after deadlifting and went up to 395 for a set of 11 on my 5th set. I don’t think a truck could’ve torn me away from the weights. I mixed some Postal after training. Once I left the gym and headed home I started getting a headache. The only time I ever get headaches like that is when I have a dramatic spike in blood pressure. The headache doesn’t last long but it is rather unpleasant. This is the main reason I stopped using NO-boosting supplements a long time ago.

My impressions of ASGT:
First, the taste is rather terrible. I usually focus more on the effectiveness of a product so taste isn’t a huge issue. However, something should be done to improve the flavor. The effectiveness of ASGT is undeniable. It works. The timing of the product should be experimented with because we all metabolize nutrients differently. Although the directions instruct an hour before training, 40-45 minutes seemed to be perfect for me.

My impressions of AP:
Again, the taste is something to improve upon. I advise users to experiment with the amount of water mixed with AP to attain optimal flavor. It is, however, better than the ASGT. As for effectiveness, I can attest that this works as intended simply because I am sensitive to NO-boosting supplements.

I cannot comment too much on Postal. The flavor is certainly better than that of ASGT or AP. I did not feel any differently or put on freakish mass because of a trial-size container of Postal. I believe this is one product that must be consumed over a much longer period of time to perceive any effects.

All in all, LG has succeeded in making a couple decent products here. I am usually very skeptical, most of the time to the point of pessimistic, when I hear about all these 'new and wonderful' supplemental products on the market; we all know there is some absolutely worthless crap available. I have limited experience with LG products but I am impressed with the kit containing ASGT and AP. Thank you, LG, for introducing me to some effective pre-training supplements.

*As a side note, my training program is a modified/combined self-designed split based off the Coan deadlift routine and Westside. I am currently training for a raw meet in August. I am also qualified to lift in a World Championship event in November. I am and always have been drug-free. I’m looking to break a few long-standing deadlift records within the next couple years.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Nice review! Thank you for your input!

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Very well-rounded review, sir! 435 on speed deads? Aren't speed pulls typically done with ~50% 1RM? You must have an amazing comp DL!
Westside calls for 50-55% on squats and bench. I personally like to go 70% or so on deads. Check out the Ed Coan deadlift routine sometime and you'll see some of how I've adapted both programs into one. I wish 435 was my 50%! Damn, an 870 raw dead... Andy Bolton look out!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Westside calls for 50-55% on squats and bench. I personally like to go 70% or so on deads. Check out the Ed Coan deadlift routine sometime and you'll see some of how I've adapted both programs into one. I wish 435 was my 50%! Damn, an 870 raw dead... Andy Bolton look out!
I know of the Coan routine by reputation but have never actually looked at its details. I've been thinking a DL focused routine would probably benefit me this coming winter as my dead has slowed in progress recently.

But, yeah, thinking 435 was 50% I was picturing you moving just god-like numbers! Nevertheless, 600+ is nothing to sneeze at man. :)

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I know of the Coan routine by reputation but have never actually looked at its details. I've been thinking a DL focused routine would probably benefit me this coming winter as my dead has slowed in progress recently.

But, yeah, thinking 435 was 50% I was picturing you moving just god-like numbers! Nevertheless, 600+ is nothing to sneeze at man. :)
If you're serious about pulling like I am becoming, I recommend Coan's routine. My squat numbers have dropped a bit since I've been on my current program, but I don't care. My deadlift is what I care most about. And 600 is just the beginning... :veryhappy:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, no kidding. His DL can be some people's sum total numbers.